• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    That thing of two regions was fake as it was stated... forgot where that this region is going to be far away from the four known regions and the two regions we were believed to be the place it's going to be based on are very close to Kyushu (Hoenn) so as I mentioned before it might not be in Japan at all or maybe it's GF original...

wait so that wasn't the location of the region?:\ well if it's not there then where do you expect? only place left in Japan other than that is northern Honshu. Maybe they did go out of Japan for once!...hmm, but if they did where do you think they'd go? Korea? I forgot the name of hte user who's quote I quoted but in it it said that Hiun was the combination of bad luck and something else, and Korea has had bad luck throughout its entire history ( take-overs from China and Japan, Korean war, etc). It would be so cool if Hiun was based off of Seoul!..or better yet Pyonyang
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    Forgot the name of this hotel in the pic (the largest building) but they could use that as the headquarters for some pokemon company located in Hiun, or maybe it could be a gym or battle frontier location that you get to venture to later on in the game.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I wish you could choose if you wanna battle gyms, do contest, whatever else they add and have a campain for each so resetting could be alot of fun...or choose the order of gym leaders atleast...

Gym: If Player has 0 Badges: Use This Team and etc for each # of badges...

That would make me...JIZZ IN MY PANTS!!...

BTW I do love the starters and Hoenn was my favorite region I was just trolling you before :P Hell my Choza game had you return to Hoenn after you played through Choza region

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    wait so that wasn't the location of the region?:\ well if it's not there then where do you expect? only place left in Japan other than that is northern Honshu. Maybe they did go out of Japan for once!...hmm, but if they did where do you think they'd go? Korea? I forgot the name of hte user who's quote I quoted but in it it said that Hiun was the combination of bad luck and something else, and Korea has had bad luck throughout its entire history ( take-overs from China and Japan, Korean war, etc). It would be so cool if Hiun was based off of Seoul!..or better yet Pyonyang
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread
    Forgot the name of this hotel in the pic (the largest building) but they could use that as the headquarters for some pokemon company located in Hiun, or maybe it could be a gym or battle frontier location that you get to venture to later on in the game.
    Korea would be awesome, now is Korea close to Sinnoh... goes to map... it's close to Kyushu (Hoenn and western Japan) but it's still pretty far away so I say, there is a good chance of that... just hope they make a International dex as Korea isn't part of Japan...
    Pyongyang... lol, If it's north Korea they might have snow... but south Korea might be better as it's more Urban and has more lights than North Korea...

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Yes the battle system needs a change because so many veteran players of the game are getting bored/growing up a lot of the game should be changed instead of adding one gimmick after another. Afterall looking at still sprites is boring. Even if the game remains turn based, there should still be something more to look at. I've traveled throught many forums and I can assure you I've seen hundreds of negative feedback about gen 4's pokemon and content and were not ambitious for a gen 5.

League or battles, something has to change

Now THAT's diferent. I though you meant that you wanted the system to get a whole overhaul, I mean, no turns anymore. Maybe a little of waht you say could be done. Staring at a sprite can get sometimes boring, true.

I hadn't though about it that way, it could be great if they got something for us to get entertained on while Pokémon attack, like a rhythm system or something?

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    BTW what is your favourite starter? Mine is Pokabu and Tsutaga but I like Pokabu a bit more...

I still like Mijumaru though so dont think I hate on him like everyone<<
    --

Years
    I wish you could choose if you wanna battle gyms, do contest, whatever else they add and have a campain for each so resetting could be alot of fun...or choose the order of gym leaders atleast...

BTW I do love the starters and Hoenn was my favorite region I was just trolling you before :P Hell my Choza game had you return to Hoenn after you played through Choza region
    Wow really... I have heard of that game you mention... but forget where... i heard that Choza region... and the fact you go to Hoenn later... it's you hack or fanmade game huh, well Join the club then no I mean literally join the Hoenn Fan club...

If this region is based on Korea we should be able to go to the
    Spoiler:
    southern island of Cheju then by that boat and the other small islands...

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

I'm surprised MRAS didn't comment on this...

EDIT: ^^ Haha same time lol ^^ NVM

We need 8 gyms that are spaced apart nicely...not like HGSS where its one after the other or in Pt where 3 were close together...

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    It is broken because it's full of limitations and set backs, it's because of set backs a lot of pokemon are consideed too weak for competitive play, but imagine a game where sharpedo's speed is a huge advantage against most other pokemon he is actually out running them and not just a matter of attacking first

Now you're talking about competitive. Competitive wasn't, isn't and wouldn't be the base for Game Freak to make new Pokémon. Competitive was simply created by a bunch of fans to get the best out of Pokémon. That's what tiers are for. Dividing Pokémon on their usage and usefulness. Obviously, a Plusle cannot compete with a Jolteon on a sweeper role because of stats, usage, and movepool. Alas, there will always be weak Pokémon and strong Pokémon if you're talking about competitive. If it wasn't like this, why would Game Freak ever bother to make useless Pokémon? Because they don't take Competitive on account. If they did, SRx4 Weakness Pokémon like Charizard, Articuno and Tropius would not exist. (They're all NU, FYI)
    Anything goes for in-game, everything's useful there. Hell, even many of us have beaten Platinum with a bunch of under leveled and non-evolved Pokémon just for the sake of fun. That's what Game Freak made. A fun, no clauses in-battle game. Or is Sleep Clause and Species Clause on Options? No, they aren't.

Years

We need 8 gyms that are spaced apart nicely...not like HGSS where its one after the other or in Pt where 3 were close together...
    lol I did comment look above your own comment... lol just saw the edit...
    The name of the capitol city sounds more korean to me than japanese... don't know why... actually it's more Chinese than Korean...

Years
    Hmm.....Tsutaaja reminds me of the feathered serpent in Mayan/Incan/Aztec legends....Pokabu, eh, looks like a wild hog/swine. Mijuamaru....Water/Ice, Water/Dark, Water/Rock, or just plain Water.

So sup? Went to Pokebeach instead of Serebii for once. Had better quality pictures.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years

considering it usually takes badges to use many of the abilities needed to progress I doubt that kind of change would happen unless they come out with multiple gyms to choose from and the abilities to use certain attackes outside of battle depends on the number of badges. Which gives me an idea.

One large region with 3 or so different starting areas, depending on the starting area would change the gyms you start out with, and perhasp after gym 3 you gain a passage to travel to the rest of the world and can still choose the gyms you play from there. (starting point would not change starting pokemon, only what you find in the wild.)

I would say maybe have 21+- different gyms if that's the case, or just one for each Pokemon type and the pokemon that each gym uses depends how far you've progressed in the game.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well this region is obviously able to fool everyone into thinking it's bigger than the others (or maybe actually is bigger) so i doubt we'll have a problem with that, Calder

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    Now you're talking about competitive. Competitive wasn't, isn't and wouldn't be the base for Game Freak to make new Pokémon. Competitive was simply created by a bunch of fans to get the best out of Pokémon. That's what tiers are for. Dividing Pokémon on their usage and usefulness. Obviously, a Plusle cannot compete with a Jolteon on a sweeper role because of stats, usage, and movepool. Alas, there will always be weak Pokémon and strong Pokémon if you're talking about competitive. If it wasn't like this, why would Game Freak ever bother to make useless Pokémon? Because they don't take Competitive on account. If they did, SRx4 Weakness Pokémon like Charizard, Articuno and Tropius would not exist. (They're all NU, FYI)
    Anything goes for in-game, everything's useful there. Hell, even many of us have beaten Platinum with a bunch of under leveled and non-evolved Pokémon just for the sake of fun. That's what Game Freak made. A fun, no clauses in-battle game. Or is Sleep Clause and Species Clause on Options? No, they aren't.
    I don't do compitive, but the idea was merely to add excitment to the game, my example with sharpedo is geared toward competive play because It doesn't matter what kind of battle system is used casual players will always use whatever they like, but with a real time battle system or even a newly designed Turn based system that balances is out more would in fact ask for more strategy and give us a new feel for gameplay. Which a new feel is really what we need.

It really doesn't matter to me what they choose to change, make is real time or a new kind of turn based, either way I do know something has to change in how we play or pokemon will lose more popularity then it already has.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    BTW what is your favourite starter? Mine is Pokabu and Tsutaga but I like Pokabu a bit more...

I still like Mijumaru though so dont think I hate on him like everyone<<
    --

Mijumaru is my favorite by far! Pokabu is next and Tsutaga is all right though.

Years
    Charizard is not NU. He's still standard, I think people prefer Moltres to Charizard because of stats, but Charizard is still good as far as we can tell.

If GF/Tajiri made Tsutaaja part Dragon, I would die, unless they made Mijumaru have Part Ice. Which means Pokabu would have to be part Steel.....wait.....IS THIS ANOTHER STARTER TRIANGLE?!?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    It think the screen just zooms in when you're choosing commands, and zooms out to full sprites when attacks are being preformed.
    That would be so awesome if that were to happen. Also I saw that one one of the scans when they were battling, the text box was a little transparent.

ya but it you noticed in D/P/Pt(and possibly HG/SS) theyve kept about 90% of the same sprites T_T
    its so lame,i miss it when each game had new sprites, and each version had different spirtes from each other& the 3rd always took sprites from both& made unique ones mixin it up :3
    i wish nintendo would be like the old days where they gave quality games& not just made it for the money.
    I guess new sprites are needed each time the games are on a new platform. And I noticed that the "regions home pokemon" sprites change from time to time when you transfer it to a different region.

I thought emerald was a little slower then r/s those were the fastest
    Nope :] RSEFRLG moves were wayyy faster than DPPtHGSS. I got annoyed playing heartgold because the moves take so freakin long to finish. The GBA game moves, lets see, I'll use flamethrower as an example:
    It took 2 seconds (I counted missippistyle though) for flamethrower to finish. And in DPPtHGSS, it took about 3-4 seconds to finish. Dont even get me started on hyperbeam and draco meteor....
    (battling lance was a PITA because I was in a rush to finish and his illegal dragons kept using hyper beam on me ugh)

thanks for that, huh... a capitol city... the first official capitol city... Kanto's capitol was Saffron, Johto's was Ecruteak, Hoenn was Rustboro, while Sinnoh's was Jubilife... these I saw as the capitols because they are based on the capitols of the real life provinces the regions are based on.
    Well I know that most, actually all of the cities/towns are based off of real cities and capitols, but I always considered the pokemon regions capitol whenever it has the "interactive" place.
    Saffron, I guess could be considered the capitol since its the center of the region, and I cant remember if there were any outside interaction in saffron in HG/SS
    For Johto, I always considered Goldenrod as the capitol. It's close to the pokeatholn dome, department store, radio tower, and it has the GTS (outside interaction). On the other hand, Ecruteak could be the historical capitol. Ughh, arent there some countries in the world with 2 capitols? lol
    For hoenn I considered Lilycove as the capitol (master rank contest, department store, close to the safari zone, hotel where GF stays at)
    And Sinnoh is pretty obvious, Jubilife FTW!

I would really like it if the contests were SUPER-revamped!!
    I hope they go back the original RSE contests. DPPt kinda took away the point of combo moves, it made me sad :[ (I owned with dive and surf in RSE)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Wow really... I have heard of that game you mention... but forget where... i heard that Choza region... and the fact you go to Hoenn later... it's you hack or fanmade game huh, well Join the club then no I mean literally join the Hoenn Fan club...

If this region is based on Korea we should be able to go to the
    Spoiler:
    southern island of Cheju then by that boat and the other small islands...

ahh 치주 island!! It's home to a volcanoe, forest, and other beauties. It would be a perfect area to include in the game. Actually, the island is mostly untouched...so maybe that pic we saw of the girl trainer coming out of the forest onto the tracks was somewhere on Jeju (Cheju)? Possibly she was coming straight into a Jeju City look-a-like. But yeah Korea would be a great place to use as a region. Jeju Island though would be a big part of the region (it's around 77,000 km) so it could have a lot of cities or towns on it if they used it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back