• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grammy Awards 2010

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I'm surprised this thread isn't on fire.. Well I made a blog about my opinion on this. But just to say, I think Taylor Swift is a bit overrated, and Pink, wow she just otherworldly, she proved that yesterday.

But I have to say to some of the comments above, Lady Gaga is an artist no matter what is said, a prove of her talent is Speechless and every time she sings it life and using a piano she's absolutely amazing, Speechless is with the best songs she has made and I don't think it is egotistical, I have to say every time she plays one of her song on a piano she gives it a whole new life, so some of you haters, whom seam annoyed by her predictable redundant beats should really take some time and watch her sing it live and then see if they still have the same opinion after seeing her perform songs live (On Piano).

Black Eyed Peas was just amazing, and in the future I hope they go into more serious music, I mean with a voice like Fergie they can do about everything! :D

Lady Gaga's performance last night was really good, and was my 2nd favorite after Pinks spectacular performance.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Oh my Jesus... Taylor Swift is annoying. Where is Kanye when you need him?
    "Yo, Taylor, I'm real happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but Lady Gaga/Beyoncé/Black Eyed Peas/Dave Matthews Band [pick whichever one you like] had one of the best albums of all time! ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS OF ALL TIME!"

Yeah, he definitely jumped the gun at the VMAs. Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ke$ha actually looked clean for once at the Grammys. I was a little bored with her. Everyone is calling her the next big thing but I just couldnt see it after that interview she had on the red carpet. She had a chance to do something crazy but she will always remain overshadowed by GaGa... but she looked cute presenting.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I liked the Grammy's, Green Day won Best Rock Album (beating out U2, muhaha) and I loved their performance with their musical cast. ^_^ The other performances were awesome as well, Lady Gaga with Elton John, the BEP's, and Pink were probably some of my favourites. Sorry Taylor fans but I thought her performance was pretty bad compared to the others. :/ At least she won a few things. :D

Oh and I laughed so hard when Justin Bieber was up there with Kesha and said "Beyonce" when he was supposed to say "Bon Jovi". Haa, nice on Bieber.

Years
    I'm happy that Imogen got some recognition among the big name stars patting themselves on the backs or lunging at each other's throats or whatever it is they do. Her dress was crazy like Björk and still clever and a little inspiring to see someone go to those lengths to show how much they really do care about the fans they have.

Pavement.

The Black Box Revelation
    Years
    Where's Kanye if you need him? :/
    How the heck did Taylor Swift get the award for the best album of 2009?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Where's Kanye if you need him? :/
    How the heck did Taylor Swift get the award for the best album of 2009?

omg, I thought I was reading m own comment for a moment; and it doesnt help that you have a Roserade and Scizor in the same order as I do in ur sig! Haha... but really, how did she win?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    As what was expected, people gain awards based on popularity rather than actual talent. The Grammy awards are a joke and always will be.

Pavement.

The Black Box Revelation
    Years
    As what was expected, people gain awards based on popularity rather than actual talent. The Grammy awards are a joke and always will be.
    Only remember Radiohead being well deserved winners in the past 5 years...
    Totally agree on this though.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    My thoughts on the results of the Grammy Awards can be perfectly summarized in a Facebook status I posted the day after the show:

Spoiler:

Years
    The 'lame' performance you speak of gets induced into the rock and roll hall of fame in 2014. Respect, or gtfo

Being off-topic for a second, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn't an achievement worthy of respect in my books. It's a list that includes Madonna yet doesn't include Nirvana or Dire Straits, a list that includes Joni Mitchell and not Sonic Youth.

I would agree with the whole Radiohead being deserving winners, but if it's not a legitimate award (imo, at least), then it doesn't really matter if they win it or not. I do like some of the performances they have at the Grammy's if it happens to be on television while I'm watching, but otherwise I don't really watch them.

Back