• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    OOC: A Nidorino already o.O Not even Caterpie has evolved and it evolves extremely early.

IC:
    "Oh...ew...it's just you," came a voice from the entrance to the dead-end clearing. Roisin whipped around to see the blond haired female version of Fen -due to the fact she was still wearing his clothes. She was accompanied by a black blob with a purple aura, obviously her new Pokémon. Roisin's PokéDex identified it as Gastly, the Ghost/Poison type.

"What is your probl?!-" Roisin started, she was however interrupted by the rude and snobby trainer.

"Well, 'scuse me, but I've got to find my way back to Fen." the Teal eyed girl started, ready to shun Roisin. Suddenly the aforementioned eyes light up and the blonde squealed the name: "Shinx!"

"It's...you're...that Shinx!" Kat exclaimed as the Pokemon looked at her through wide eyes. She turned to Roisin. "Were you trying to capture my Shinx?!" she demanded.

"No, it ambush-!" Roisin was interrupted a second time by the arrogant girl.

"Well, Shinx, you're gonna be mine!" Kat pulled a PokéBall out of her pouch, pulling her arm back before pitching it at the lion cub. The ball didn't even shake. Shinx was captured.

"Well, Roisin, that's how it's done." Her cerulean hues shifted down to Totodile before returning to Roisin. "You might want to get that little idiotic crocodile fixed up. My Shinx did a number on him!" she giggled, one hand raised to her mouth, though only three fingertips were visible through the arm of Fen's sleeve.

She turned and began walking back through the trees, hoping she was headed the right way. "Oh, and don't bother following me, Roisin," she said, looking at the brunette out of the corner of her eye. "Fen and I have important research to do." With that she turned around and started to walk back the way she came, Gastly right behind her.

"Oh, your Shinx? I feel sorry for the poor thing! You've been nothing but a cow since I splashed you with a bit of mud! And you weren't the only one either, I was practically swimming in it! If this team is ever going to work we need to get on!" Roisin screamed at the only other girl -she was aware of- in her group. She scooped up Totodile in her arms -for once he put up no struggle, which surprised her- and pursued the golden haired girl.

"I didn't want to capture the Shinx, nor did I aim to splash you with mud! We were fine before that, you shook my hand in Oak's lab, I have no interest in becoming enemies with you!" Roisin continued to shout as the quadruple arrived at the area in which Kat and Fen had obviously decided to camp for the night. The big heap on the floor was Fen and Forest, who were both sound asleep on the ground, reminiscent of rocks.

Roisin sat down near Kat.

"Please, can we just be friends?" she asked a final time.

OOC: Kat gave permission for me to make Kat walk back here and sit down. I hated this post but if it means we get to progress to the morning then WHOOPEE.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    "Oh, your Shinx? I feel sorry for the poor thing! You've been nothing but a cow since I splashed you with a bit of mud! And you weren't the only one either, I was practically swimming in it! If this team is ever going to work we need to get on!" Roisin screamed at the only other girl -she was aware of- in her group. She scooped up Totodile in her arms -for once he put up no struggle, which surprised her- and pursued the golden haired girl.

"Oh, I've been a cow?!" Kat turned and yelled in Roisin's face. "What about you?! You're the clumsy oaf who fell in it, and, correct me if I'm mistaken, but don't cows play in the mud? Or is that pigs? Pick your poison, Roisin, cow or pig, because you're one of the two!" She sized Roisin up and down. The blonde hadn't seen the brunette since the mud incident, and it appeared she had acquired a new outfit.

"Oh, that's nice, Roisin. Bargain bin? Or department store? Either way, it's tacky as hell," she scoffed.

"I didn't want to capture the Shinx, nor did I aim to splash you with mud! We were fine before that, you shook my hand in Oak's lab, I have no interest in becoming enemies with you!" Roisin continued to shout as the quadruple arrived at the area in which Kat and Fen had obviously decided to camp for the night.

"I shook your hand because I was being polite. Don't mistake it for kindness or acceptance, Roisin, because I intended neither of those." At that, she sat down at the base of a tree, a bit of distance between her and Fen, but close enough so that he was in view. Roisin sat down near Kat.

"Please, can we just be friends?" she asked a final time.

"...Goodnight, Roisin," Kat answered, standing and moving to a tree opposite the brunette. "Night, Fen..." she mumbled under her breath. Gastly settled gently in her lap, allowing her to use him as a pillow as she drifted off to sleep.

----Morning----

The blonde yawned and stretched as the day hit her like a ton of bricks. "Morning, Gastly," she moaned as the Pokemon in her lap stirred. A long tongue poked out and licked her hand, an action the blonde had quickly become accustomed to. Teal eyes slid over to Fen, who seemed to still be asleep, Axel and Forest by his side.

I'll let him sleep... she thought. He'll hate me if I wake him... She looked up. The sunlight pressed against her cheeks. She could climb a tree and save Fen's Treecko the trouble. Maybe that would win her some points. Carefully, she hoisted herself up onto a tree branch just barely in her reach. She stood on the branch. There was no way she'd be able to climb any higher. Instead, the blonde resigned herself to the branch, taking a seat against to the trunk, her legs straddling the branch as Gastly hovered tentatively by her shoulder.

OOC: Ouch, Jim. Sorry. I love you. Kat just doesn't have love for Roisin, that's all. ._. The majority of this post was just getting to the next day. xD Feel free to add what happened at night into your post, but since it had gotten to be like, 1 AM RP time, I thought it best to continue. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen slept soundly in his curled position on the ground. He could be seen smiling slightly as the warm sun hit his face and he gently woke up.

"What a nice day...The sun is so soothing in the morning" He thought before opening his eyes. He opened them slowly, revealing a blurry orange image. Upon opening them farther, Fen's eyes instantly focused on the tiny little fire that was dangerously close to his face that wasn't there when he went to bed. Forest also squinted his eyes open at the same time but both their eyes widened in fear at the same time when they realized there was a fire next to their faces.

"WHAT THE HECK?!" Fen yelped as he leaped into the air and hugged the tree trunk. Forest followed suit and scampered up the tree above him. Fen's eyes slowly turned back down to see the fire was attached to Axel, who was still sleeping on the ground. Fen let out a sign of relief and climbed off of the tree trunk. He stretched a bit and looked at the ground to see another unfamiliar object, Roisin, sleeping on the ground.

"Hm.... when did she get here....and wheres Kat?" Fen said aloud, scratching his head. He looked up the tree to Forest who was still trembling, hugging the tree trunk.

"Oh good! you're already almost up there! Can you go to the top and look for the exit?" Fen called to the terrified Treecko. It didn't move. "...Thats okay, just look when you're ready." He said in a monotone. Fen couldn't help but also notice a dangling foot on a branch above his head on the other side of the tree.

He stepped over Roisin, careful not to wake her and inspected the foot's owner to see Kat, sitting in the tree day dreaming.

"....good morning" He said to her, still unsure if she was still angry. "Once Forest calms down, he can show us the way out...I can't imagine it will take long. And... uh... sorry for getting us lost last night..." He said scratching his head and stretching, he obviously wasn't a morning person.

Trainer Kat

Years
    "....good morning" Kat looked down to see that Fen had awaken, albeit loudly. Axel had apparently startled him. Though half-expecting the cold treatment from Fen after what had happened the night before, she would be lying if she said she wasn't a tad disappointed.

"Good morning..." she offered, half-sighing. Gastly glanced down at Fen angrily. The two hadn't been properly introduced, so Gastly knew the boy only as the one who had hurt Kat.

"Once Forest calms down, he can show us the way out...I can't imagine it will take long. And... uh... sorry for getting us lost last night..." Fen continued, scratching his head and stretching, obviously not a morning person.

"Oh...um..." Kat muttered. She swung her legs around so rather than straddling the branch, she was dangling off it. Fen was below her slightly, so she could look down rather than having to crane her neck to the side. "About that..." She sighed. "I...I wasn't mad. I was just scared, that's all. I've been lost before and...well, I never wanted it to happen again. I'm...I'm sorry for yelling at you, Fen..." She glanced over at Axel before returning her gaze to Fen.

"And...I'm sorry for Axel...I...well...I thought...you looked cold, so I thought..." She looked uncomfortable, giving him a small smile. "I'm not really good at apologizing...mainly because...I think think this is the first time I've done it..." She laughed weakly. "So, I guess...I'm sorry, Fen." She gave another weak laugh. "If you can't forgive me, that's fine...I wouldn't forgive me."

OOC: Short post. Kat had to apologize sooner or later. Who knows when the poor thing will start calling him Fen-Fen again, though? D:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    "C'mon!" Noah shouted joyfully to Patrick, who was struggling to keep up with the blue-haired boy. They had been running for the past half an hour, as soon as Noah caught his Pichu, he demanded that the two of them make it to Pewter City before sunrise. Why? He had no clue, it just seemed like the right thing to do... But then again, everything seems like the right thing to do when it's the middle of the night, you've just caught a Pokemon and your hyper thanks to the various bottles of Diet Coke you've had to drink in order to not fall asleep.

Catching Oni was nearly too easy. Noah thought back as he sprinted towards the edge of the forest. Sending Espa out, and using a scratch attack, and the Pokemon falls to the ground, dazed? The yellow mouse surely isn't that weak, is it? Evidence begs to differ. Not that it mattered, of course, Noah told himself. The Pichu was now locked up in a maximum security center known as a Poke ball.

Noah turned around to see Patrick long behind him, walking, while panting. Whatever, I think I'll just camp here for tonight. As the young boy lay down his stuff so he could set up a bed, he heard shouting... It sounded like Kat's voice, and Fenra was definitely there too. They were fighting, Noah could tell himself that much.

He walked a few metres and he could see the two of them, not talking to each other. Kat was now asleep, against a tree. I won't bother causing a commotion, I'll catch them when I wake up. And with that, Noah set up a tent for him to sleep in.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    [hey! Someone's pokemon already evolves!]

While waiting for the thief to come out, W. decided to make most of his time searching for his comet than waiting. It has been 2 hours since that incident had happened. His pokemon had already slept. W. however continued on his business until 11:00. Then he tucked his sheets and dozed off for the night.

W. yawned. "It has been a busy night..." he said. So far, the thief didn't fall into their trap. He must've heard them last night, or that pokemon has psychic powers enabling it to read minds. W. had thought them over. 'Whatever it is we must keep an eye out' he thought. After breakfast, he packed his things and went on his journey.

For the past few hours, W. constantly on the lookout on his fellow trainers, but he must've overlooked them. W. also trained his pokemon, today he's battling with an unkown pokemon.

Shuppet,the Puppet pokemon. Shuppet feeds on dark emotions such as vengefulness, in the hearts of people. It searches throughout the cities for grudges that taint people...
    his Pokedex said.

"Shuppet? Hmmm..." he was thinking on what pokemon will be effective against a ghost pokemon. "Since it is a ghost pokemon, I'll choose Turquoise!'' he said.

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    The first sunlight of the day peirced through Yaz's closed eyes, awaking the lazy trainer. It was only 5am but he was up and ready. He let out a low groan as his back ached from sleeping on the hard wooden bench. Glancing down his chest, he noticed Afro, his Mudkip, sleeping peacefully on his chest. It slowly opened its eyes and stared at its trainer. "Morning." Yaz grunted, slightly smiling. At this, Afro jumped off Yaz's chest and walked under the bench. In no more than a few seconds, a beautiful aroma arose from under the brench. It smelt sweet and floral with a hint of cinnamon and was slightly spicy.

"Odd. Oddish." It must have been Oddish's sweet scent. And true to the name, the scent was very sweet. Both Afro and Oddish then emerged from under the bench, well rested and ready go to.

Yaz stumbled off the bench and stretched his back. "A'ight guys, you ready to go?" He asked them. Recieving positive replies of approval, picked up his bag and got his things together. Just then he noticed something, he hadn't showered since before he left home and probably smelt of sweat. This gave him an idea for a makeshift shower before they would get to Pewter. "Hey Afro, you don't know water gun yet do you?" He asked. Afro stood still for a moment, before nodding happily.

"Alright then, when I say go, hit me with a water gun." He told it. Afro smiled and nodded while Yaz took off his shirt, closed his eyes and got on his knees next to his Mudkip. "Ok. Go!" He commanded. Almost instantly, he felt a cold shot of liquid hit his face and run down his torso. He wiped the water off his face only to feel that the consitancy of this liquid was much thicker than water. "What the...?" He opened his eyes to see thick brown mud on his arm. "Mud slap." He said, without emotion as Oddish and Afro burst into laugher. "I guess you still havn't learnt water gun then." He told Afro, before shooting a grin.

Yaz used his T-shirt to wipe the mud off his face and body before stuffing it into his bag. He pulled out a can of deoderant, only to notice that it was empty. He then turned to Oddish, "Well could you at least use some sweet scent on me?" Oddish did as told and sprayed Yaz with its fragrance from the grass on its head. However, this did not work as he planned. This aroma, which smelt great in the air, had a diferent effect on the body. It made him smell like an old lady wearing too much cheap perfume.

Slightly annoyed, Yaz finally took control. "We're going through Viridian forest to get to in Pewter City. Let's go." And with that, the young shirtless man with dirt all over his face and body who smelt like your grandmother walked across the city and into the forrest, an Oddish and Mudkip waddling right behind him.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
    I smell breakfast.

Patrick was amazed at the sudden burst of energy that coursed through Noah's system. Not only had he spotted and captured a Pichu within an hour, he stressed that they pressed on in the dead of the night, in order to arrive at Pewter City before sunrise. Patrick doubted they could cover so much ground in such a short time period, especially now that fatigue had begun to wear his muscles down. Unlike his hyperactive green-haired counterpart, Patrick advanced at a steady pace, reserving what little energy he had left.

Why is he in such a hurry anyway?

One word, Patrick thought . . . Kat.

All that extra energy must have been pumping from the boy's heart. It was a sad and a sweet thing. Noah had already faced Fen in a pokémon battle back at the lab but no victor was decided then. Patrick could not help but feel the two teens were going to engage in another battle, a different kind of battle, with a lot more to gain than bragging rights to the better trainer, and a lot more to lose too. Mhm, the impending battle would be the battle for love!

"Aw," Patrick sighed to himself, holding his heart melodramatically. May the better man win.

When he finally caught up to Noah, the boy had already completed setting up his tent. "Ah, good work, good work. You got a fine tent there." He practically gawked at the perfectly erected structure. He could hear it calling out to him in his head, enticing him to enter its confines and put his hard-worked muscles to rest. This would be the perfect place to spend the rest of his evening. He pulled his muscle shirt over his head and hung it on a nearby tree branch. The next article of clothing to go was his long shorts, and then his boots, then his socks, his earrings . . . until nothing but a pair of boxers kept him from nakedness. For a moment, he just stood there, admiring his physical prowess (and probably making Noah wish he had a body like his). Once satisfied, he placed his boots beneath the branch holding his other articles of clothing.

"Well, good night, Noah. Don't mind if I do," he yawned, pressing passed Noah and making himself comfortable in the boy's tent. Seconds later, he was out like a baby. When Patrick slept, he slept. Nothing earthly could awaken him from his deep slumber. And so the snoring began. . .

~*~*~*~

Something smelt delicious in the near proximity. Nostrils twitched in excitement.

What is that?

While the rest of Patrick's body may have been subconscious, his sense of smell and taste worked in full force. With closed eyes and arms stretched out straight in front of him, the brawny teenager sleepwalked to the enticing destination, led there wholly by his nose. His nostrils twitched again, relentlessly this time, as the object of his desire was right beneath him. Without so much as a second thought, Patrick tossed the treat in his mouth. The sensation was unmistakable and the flavour, absolutely irresistible. It was a desert grasshopper, quite a fine one too, if he did say so himself. He crunched and crunched and crunched. . .

Then he picked up another attractive scent. This one smelt nothing like a grasshopper however. Nonetheless, his body decided it was worth seeking after. Steered by his impeccable nose, he came within munching distance of said treat. Whatever it was, it dangled above his head, thus forcing him to crane his neck to look up. His mouth opened, saliva stirring in anticipation. And then he jumped and caught a mouthful of the treat, like a dolphin leaping out of the water to retrieve food from a human hand. However, this meal was a lot bigger than his half-asleep mind had estimated.

Patrick fell down to the ground, bringing the huge treat crashing down on top of him, all the whilst his teeth gripping it tight. The weight of the crushing object was enough to bring him to full consciousness. His eyes gradually evolved the blurry surroundings to clear images. A look of shock struck his features as he discovered the treat, still in his mouth, was non-other than Kat's bare foot. He looked up at the tree above them and realised he had somehow managed to fish her out of it.

Spitting the girl's foot out of his mouth, he came to another less-than-ideal realisation. He was only skimpily dressed in his boxers. Despite the potentially embarrassing situation, he stood up confidently, as if nothing peculiar at all had taken place.

"Good morning, Kat. Fen," he nodded in the boy's direction courteously. "Excuse me, please."

He left the pair to go find the rest of his clothes.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    OOC: Rushed post...sorry for dragging it out. For those who can't be bothered reading, in short, Ko caught Gulpin and is currently waiting for Kass while also wondering why everyone has abandoned him. XP Just kidding, I'll have him catch up soon.

IC: "Excuse me, excuse me, please wake up..."

The voice echoed in his ears as he saw nothing but blackness around him. Was it morning already? How long was he asleep? And who was prodding him awake?

With a small growl the teen stirred and sat up to come face to face with a very pretty woman. She had a curly fringe and looping pig-tails, all hot pink in colour, while also adorning a cute pink nurses' costume, with the standard white apron and hat, as well as a pom-pom sleeved dress with frills. A familiar face that said "Pokemon Center" like no other, it was Nurse Joy, of Viridian.

"Mhmm?" Kozue mumbled as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, before stifling a small yawn as he identified his waker. "Oh, good morning Nurse Joy," he started with a small sitting bow, as his conciousness returned, "I'm sorry, am I getting in the way of something?"

"Oh no, nothing like that," the nurse replied sweetly, giving him a small smile, "well, you did fall asleep in the lobby, but that's alright. I just thought I'd wake you since, I'm not too sure if he belonged to you, but a small Piplup just ran out of the center a few minutes ago..."

"P-Pocky?" the blonde stammered as his mind finally started to build some momentum, inspecting his lap where it was clear that his first Pokemon was not sitting. "Did you see which direction he went in Nurse Joy?" he continued, leaping to his feet, hair still a mess and clothes askew.

"Ah yes. Chansey happened to spot him heading towards Route 1. I think he was also carrying an Oran Berry...I mean, there is an Oran Berry tree outside the center..."

"Thank you!" Kozue suddenly exclaimed as he finished gathering his things. "Excuse me!"

Sliding out of the center, the blonde peered into the distance that surrounded the path heading back to Route 1, where he was extremely relieved to see a small blue penguin waddling towards the entrance of the city. Breaking into a quick jog, Kozue soon caught up to the penguin and curled him up into his arms.

"Oha Pocky, where were going so early in the morning?" he enquired of his baby partner, who flipped in the boy's arms so that they came face to beak. "And why are you holding an Oran Berry?"

Despite his attempts at trying to understand the chirps from the water penguin Pokemon, Kozue was having a hard time interpreting Pocky's array of "pip"'s and "lup"'s, that was however, until a familiar green blob emerged from the surrounding shrub that occupied the end of Route 1 and the beginning of Viridian City.

"G-Gulpin-chan?" the boy stammered in surprise as the placid expression of the stomach Pokemon appeared. "What're you doing all the way out here?"

It was then that Pocky's initial attempts at communication began to make sense. Leaping from his trainer's arms, the baby penguin quickly waddled over to the green blob and enthusiastically handed over the giant blue berry in his flippers, into the wild Pokemon's 3-shaped mouth. With a triumphant chirp, Pocky brought himself up to his full height and patted its chest with a flipper, just as the Gulpin swallowed the Oran Berry wedged between its lips.

Watching the two Pokemon cooperating, Kozue couldn't help but question the situation. Why was Pocky helping the wild Gulpin they had met on Route 1? And why was the Gulpin all the way out here in Viridian City? Most Gulpins lived in grassy plains and near marshes, so why was this particular type tredding the streets of urban Pokemon territory? They were all very interesting questions, but seeing the two getting along so suddenly, made the boy feel more at ease. At least it wasn't aggressive and seemed quite docile among other Pokemon and humans, which would prove to be quite an easy catch, that is, if someone were actually planning to catch it.

It was then when a brilliant idea struck the blonde. Reaching into his shoulder bag where his hands met the cool surfaces of five miniature spheres, Kozue quickly retrieved a spare Pokeball and turned to face the wild Pokemon who appeared unconcerned with the happenings around him.

"Okay..." he started as he squared off against the feasting blob, his penguin partner looking on in simple confusion. This was it, his first wild Pokemon encounter, bar his previous rendezvous with the same Gulpin on Route 1. But now, with his thoughts aside, the blonde carefully cradled the enlarged Pokemon capturing and potential-home-providing device in his delicate hand as he observed his target.

Gulpin, who had remained completely indifferent to what was happening immediately around it, shifted slightly as another Oran Berry was fed to it by the boy's partner. "Good work Pocky," he muttered as a beaming determination crossed his face, "now it's my turn! Go Pokeball!"

The rise in the trainer's voice and the sight of the projectile being thrown finally caught the wild Gulpin's attention, where it abandoned its quest for breakfast and faced the flying ball head on. With a small hop, the green squishy blob that was its body, raised itself into the air, its head making contact with the red and white device as it split and engulfed the Pokemon in a bright red light. In less than two shakes, the ball relaxed and the sound of Pocky's squawks throughout the ordeal finally softened.

"I-I did it..." the boy started as he carefully approached the stationary device, taking extra precaution as if it would suddenly reopen and release the prize he had just spent two minutes fighting for. "I really caught it..."

Pocky, who had just witnessed the battle, of sorts, crept over to the grounded Pokeball and pecked the release mechanism across its front before his trainer could retrieve it. In an instant, the ball burst open and in a brilliant flash of white light, Gulpin reappeared. With a rather irritated look, as if the blonde had impended his efforts in making relations with new Pokemon, Pocky quickly returned to feeding his new partner berries from the shrubs, who appeared completely indifferent to what had happened only seconds ago.

It was as if a giant mountain of snaky happiness erupted inside of him. His very first captured Pokemon was a success and nothing could bring him down. With a swift hug, Kozue grabbed the two Pokemon in his arms and started running towards the Pokemon Center, where he was going to tell Kat and-

"Wait..." he suddenly thought as he came to an abrupt halt in front of the center's doors, "no one came back last night. Where are they?"

Glancing a swift look over both shoulders, Kozue gently released Pocky and Gulpin from his embrace and stepped inside. Browsing the lobby, he found that the only other occupants were Nurse Joy and an assisting Chansey, who both greeted him with broad smiles and greeting chit chat. After returning the gesture and detailing his recent capture, much to the praise of the two nurses, the blonde soon retreated to a nearby seat where he laid comfortably against the cushioning, his two Pokemon partners conversing at his feet.

"Mhmm, I hope they're alright, but I wonder where they are..." he sighed, before suddenly remembering his appointment from the previous night. "Oh, I guess I can just wait for Kassandra and then we can go look for the others. I just hope she hasn't left already, I was outside for a while..."

The Grand Tournament
    Kozue caught a wild Gulpin!

Last edited:

Marilyn

Music of the Night.
    Years
    It's not too late to sign up, I hope.

Name: Olive Pather

Nickname: Oli (which she is mostly called by her older brother)

Appearance:
    The Grand Tournament

Personality: Dreamy. Olive just lives in her own fantasy world. Always imagining, always hoping, she would rather exist in a world of her own creation, where magic was simply in the air. No, Olive did not believe magic existed, she only wished it did. And yet, at times, a girl's hopes are always a powerful thing in the wheels of destiny……

At times, the pure joy of literature, melody was an emotion that spurred a wild recklessness, of actions some might consider suicidal- Jumping off a building, for instance, just to feel the rush of the wind through her short blonde hair.

Olive has a passion for singing, and is always singing when she is alone. Her voice carries a soft, fairylike tone to it, making people who hear it think she is some sort of angel. Willow would have done very well in her school choir, but has decided not to join since she is shy of being in the spotlight.

Olive is an extremely fast runner, so fast that she is forced to join her school's track and field team, against her will. She runs in many races, and often comes out first without even breaking a sweat. Her skinny body does contribute to this speed within her, since she weighs a mere eighty pounds, and has long graceful legs. Her overall height is 5'6, which is taller than at least half of her school population.

Regal in her stance and speech, Olive does not speak often, since she is most commonly silent. There are those few times in which she gets into strong debates over subjects she strongly believes in. She will stand up for what she thinks is right, and is not afraid to express her various opinions in many ways.

Olive has a light that burns brightly in her. She is strong in body and mind, she is Fire.

History: Olive has lived in Lavender Town for her whole life, and has been raised by her older brother. Her parents died when she was a wee small girl, about the age of three. Her brother, being over twenty years older has taught her many great values which she will one day use in her future.
    Olive's brother has taught her many things, her most favorite being martial arts. She is a very good fighter, and has in fact beaten her brother in a fight on many occasions.

She has stood alone for many years, but hopes this status will change if she gets the priviledge of receiving her very own pokemon. She knows that if she puts her heart into it, she will be able to win it all.

RP sample: (this might be a bit short)

Seproth lounged in her chair comfortably, spreading her long legs over the table in front of her. Her purple-red eyes scranned across the street over the top of her book, focusing on the tall building just opposite of her apartment. From her position, she could see everything that occurred, right down to the scrawny boy that was currently loitering around outside. Lazily, she got up and stretched, walking across the opulent carpet to the full length window. It seemed that some people had beat her to it. After all, her intention for moving into this pathetic neighbourhood was not for pleasure purposes- It was solely for the museum there, or more specifically, the new exhibit there. Every rumour that had ever emerged about the exclusive treasure map, she had tracked down, even those that had been obviously fake. Finally, she had come to this place, only to be outdone by some amateurs that would get caught in a millisecond, ruining the chances of the serious players after the prize. Still, there was no need to get worked up over it. In fact, the idea of someone getting the map before her suited her perfectly. All she would need to do was to steal it from them. One person was easier to breaker than a dozen security guards.

Strolling out of the room down the stairs, Seproth went out of the big double doors and crossed the street. Now that some thieves were finally taking action, she had to be in the correct place if the loot was to be hers.

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

Years
    OOC: Your sign up is fantastic, so it's hard for me to tell you this. We are a bit far in to have any sign ups at this point.
    HOWEVER. I would LOVE to RP with you, so if you'd like, you could take this sign-up over to Team Havoc. I'm positive you'd be accepted.
    I hope you do decide to do that, as you seem like an excellent roleplayer. I hope to see you sign up! :]

Marilyn

Music of the Night.
    Years
    Well, that's too bad. I was actually looking forward to RPing in this, but it's probably too late for me to catch up. :(

As for the Team Havoc thing, I don't think I want to use this character there. I'll just make a new one. I'll save this sign up for something different, I guess.

But maybe I could catch up, somehow. I could probably think up something clever..... sorry to sound so persistent, but this RP is the greatest one I've seen in a long, long time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    "uhm... don't worry about... It wasn't really a big deal..." Fen said in response to Kat's apology. He raised his hands up to her once again. "Come on, jump, i'll catch you ---" Fen was cut off by a sudden rustling in the bushes

Fen stared in question as a delirious looking Patrick, wandered from the bushes behind them, muttering about food with saliva dripping down his mouth.

"What on earth..." Fen said to himself as he watched the scene unfold.

He wrapped his massive mouth around her foot and tugged her all the way down off the branch. Fen could only cringe as he watched the scene unfold and they came tumbling down. Patrick immediately shot up bidding the two a good morning and left as suddenly as he came. Fen stood staring at the space where he once stood then back to Kat on the ground. He scratched his head, still very tired and very confused... Fen reached down to Kat, lifting her to her feet and looked at Roisin who was still sound asleep on the ground through all the commotion.

"That was... odd... So what are we going to do about her?" Fen asked Kat, motioning down towards the slumbering girl. Before Fen could receive an answer, Forest, with newly restored happiness, leaped down from the heights of the tree, landing roughly on Fen's head, swinging around and taking his place in the scruff of Fen's hair.

"So... which way, buddy?" Fen said to Forest, looking up at him.

The Treecko pointed in a direction through the forest which was apparently north and the way out. "Nice work, Forest" Fen said, complimenting the little Pokemon.

"Well..." Fen said, shifting his attention back to Kat. "We should get going, maybe Mankey Boy is already in Pewter and we can see you battle soon and i can get some notes on my specimen...Once we wake her up, that is..." Fen said motioning to Roisin again. "We can't just leave her sleeping here, she's my battle partner after all..."

Trainer Kat

Years
    "uhm... don't worry about... It wasn't really a big deal..." Fen said in response to Kat's apology. He raised his hands up to her once again. "Come on, jump, i'll catch you ---" Fen was cut off by a sudden rustling in the bushes. Unfortunately for the blonde, she didn't seem to notice.

"Yeah, but I...I...it is to me..." Her apology was cut short by a sharp pain in her foot, followed by an unexpected tumble out of the tree. She found herself on the ground, on top of one very tired, very unclothed Patrick. A look of disgust, accompanied by a deep crimson shade, spread across her face as she searched for words.

Despite the potentially embarrassing situation, he stood up confidently, as if nothing peculiar at all had taken place.

"Good morning, Kat. Fen," he nodded in the boy's direction courteously. "Excuse me, please." Kat balled up her fists, fuming on the inside. Before she could attack him, Fen reached down to Kat, lifting her to her feet and looked at Roisin who was still sound asleep on the ground through all the commotion.

"That was... odd... So what are we going to do about her?" Fen asked Kat, motioning down towards the slumbering girl. Kat glanced down in Roisin's direction. Oh. she thought, less than enthusiastic. I had...nearly forgotten about that pig. She sighed. She probably had to wake up Roisin...

"Well..." Fen said, shifting his attention back to Kat. "We should get going, maybe Mankey Boy is already in Pewter and we can see you battle soon and I can get some notes on my specimen...Once we wake her up, that is..." Fen said motioning to Roisin again. "We can't just leave her sleeping here, she's my battle partner after all..."

"Your...battle...partner...right..." Kat said, a twinge of annoyance in her voice. "Well...can't leave your BATTLE PARTNER asleep, can I?" She threw Shinx's Pokeball. The lion cub emerged in a flash of crimson light. "Shinx...Thundershock." The Shinx's fur bristled as he sent a jolt of electricity throughout Roisin's body...the perfect rude awakening.

Kat picked up Shinx and turned to Fen, depositing the cub in the boy's arms. "I caught that Shinx last night!" She giggled, obviously pleased with herself.

OOC: Sorry Jim. :x Evan set it up. I couldn't help it. Kat had intended on simply waking Roisin, but...
    Oh, and since Shinx used Thundershock, I'm going with....he's a special Shinx that knows Thundershock instead of Spark... O.o
    DISCLAIMER: Jim gave Kat permission to wake Roisin up. Methods were not specified.

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    name: Kikami Yui

appearence: Kikami has a cute facial expression with sky blue eyes, pink blush, and a normal anime look. She has violet colored hair with a red bow tied to the back of her head. She has fair/tan skin and has a has a pair of red goggles just below her bangs. She has a long, skinny neck with a beautiful ruby necklace dangling from it. She wears a long brown coat with red designs on the sleeves and torso area. She wears blue jeans tucked into her brown boots.

personality: She acts like any cheerful pokemon trainer would. Clever, persistant, skilled, good at creating strategies, and is always ready to battle! She IS just a beginner though, and she still does have a lot to learn. But she's very nice, very friendly, and can be VERY annoing...

history: she was raised by a wealthy family, in a mansion, rich life... You would think that it would be the best life in the world! Well, not for Kikami. Since she was an only child of a rich family, her parents did not allow her to go outside a lot and kept her HIGHLY secured by guards. They wouldn't even let her make any real friends. At age 11 she got sick of her captive life and wanted to live her own free life. She finally spoke to her parents about it one night and, they did agree with her. She felt that her calling was to be a great pokemon master one day. So for the next 2 years, she attended a pokemon trainer boarding school. She studied well every night and was highly educated. After she graduated, she returned home and started working with a pokemon scientist in her town. Now she has hopes of entering The Grand Tournament to follow her dreams of becoming a pokemon master.

Sorry, but I don't really have an RP sample to share...

Trainer Kat

Years
    OOC: -_- Skitty, that sign up is way too skimpy.
    That's forgivable. However, right on the front page, it says that we will not be accepting any more sign ups. Not to mention it says it on this page, which tells me you haven't read the RP.
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to deny you.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    The Grand Tournament

The Grand Tournament

[I've sworn myself to use pics. as many as possible.]

Without warning, wild Shuppet used some kind of attack. To him, it virtually lowers the temp. of the surroundings. But mysteriously, Turquoise appears to be in hysteria. Thinking quickly, he opened his pokedex. He searched for the attack and it says it is a Curse attack, has random effects on foe and user. W. then said. "Turquoise, don't just stand there! Use your Water Gun!"

But Turquoise is still in his hysteria, he can't really hear what his master says. To Turquoise point of view, the world is full of chaos and despair. Now W. really understand his state.He slapped himself, and to his surprise he was back again. He dashed up to Turquoise and slapped his face, "Turquoise snap out of it! "

Turquoise is now back on his normal state again. He faced the Shuppet agrily, though the Shuppet just laughed. "Do you think that's funny? " he pointed at Shuppet. "Now things ganna be a lot more serious this time..." W. said.

Then he looked down at Turquoise, "When Shuppet will use that attack again, withdraw back into your shell." W. advised Turquoise.

[I 'll continue this later, I have classes to attend to.]

Last edited:

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    The trees began to get thicker as Yaz walked further down the path and into what was known as Viridian Forest. The early morning sun was yet to penetrate through the thick canopy above the trainer's head. The soil made a light crunching noise under his feet as he tredded on, step by step. After no more than a few minutes, he was truly 'inside' the forest - low ferns hung to the left and right of the increasingly thin track, the ground was littered with leaves & the occasional Pokemon dropping and massive trees, aging hundreds of years, closed in the delicate ecosystem.

Suddenly breaking the peaceful tranquility of the forest, Afro yelled out "Kip! Kip!" And bolted into a large mass of native grasses, the small blue Pokemon now invisible to its trainer.

"Wait!" Yaz called out, picking up oddish and running behind it. He pushed his partially unclothed body through the tough grasses and emerged on the other side, unharmed. What he saw on the other side was truly a thing of beauty. A small creek flowed slowly past a massive plant with one fully blossomed flower, bright red and large with yellow spots as well as a few green bulbs, still not ready to open. The grass here was green and lush and as he looked over, Yaz could see a moderately sized shrub with a few ripe-looking, blue coloured berries hanging off it. He then spotted Afro drinking from the river and put Oddish down so it could join him. He got down and put his hands through the clear, fresh water before splashing over his face and torso.

As Yaz washed the dirt off his body, a low grumbling noise could be heard coming from the direction of the flowered plant. He turned his head to see the petals of the flower blowing in the wind. Wait... there's no wind in a forest. At this, Yaz got up on his feet and faced the plant. The base of the plant then began to move, a large section split from two smaller sections to reveal not one plant but two Bulbasaur and a large, angry looking Venusaur. One of the two wild Bulbasaur began to slowly approach Yaz's Pokemon, looking curious.

"VAHN!" The largest Pokemon present roared, sending the Bulbasaur who was going astray back to it. The large Plant pokemon then stomped it's feet heavily and violently, shaking the ground around them.

"Hey, calm down. We're not here to hurt you." Yaz said calmly at the potential threat. "Afro, Oddish. We're leaving." He added, backing away as his two Pokemon followed him. The Venusaur replied with a low growl, before stamping its foot once more. He continued slowly backing away before commanding to his Pokemon, "Go through the grass back onto the path, I'm coming right behind you." and at that Oddish and Mudkip ran away back through the way they came as their trainer continued to retreat slowly without making any sudden movements, not wanting to be attacked by a fully evolved wild Pokemon. He stumbled back through the grass, keeping eye contact the whole time and making sure to only break it once he was sure the powerful Pokemon could no longer see him.

"Whew." Yaz breathed a sigh of relief as he stepped back onto the dirt path with his two partners. "We've gotta be more careful guys. That could've been a lot worse." He put his hand on his exposed chest and felt his heart beat at an amazing rate, gradually slowing down. Without any further distractions, the party continued down the dirt path. Eventually, slightly out of breath, the small group reached a tree with a Metapod hanging off it. "Hey, look there you two." Yaz whispered, pointing to the cocoon Pokemon. "Oddish." He then added strongly. "Why don't you try your absorb attack on it."

The small onion-like pokemon followed the command and waved its leaves in the direction of the wild Metapod. The leaves glowed slightly and Metapod appeared to be in pain for a short moment. "Odd, dish!" Oddish proudly called at the successful attack. It then shook its head and leaves, launching a small amount of purple liquid on the tough hide of the Metapod - an acid attack. It squealed as it fell of the tree and onto the ground, before it's shell split open and out emerged a beautiful butterfly Pokemon - a butterfree.

"Oh damn I've gotta catch this!" Yaz exclaimed, pulling an empty Pokeball out of his bag and throwing at the newly evolved bug-type. The ball captured and contained the Butterfree while it violently shook for a few seconds. Then, in a flash, the ball gave way and released the wild Pokemon, before it flew away - retreating. "Damn." Yaz simply claimed, staring at it as it flew away. "Oh well, good work anyway. Oddish." He then added cheerfully.

As Yaz and his Pokemon walked forward, some voices could be heard ahead. 'There are other people here?' He thought to himself, starting to walk a bit faster. Soon, he could see the figures of a few people past some trees. "Hey!" He called out as he approached the group which now appeared to be comprised of both people and Pokemon.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    OOC: Remember, Patrick scuttled off to get his clothes before Roisin woke up so she didn't see him. He and Noah are nearby though so this post will affect him. And I have permission to control Kat, however I'm never controlling her again -as it's an excuse which makes Kat not have to post D<

"KAT WHAT THE HELL?!"

Roisin had just endured the rudest, most cruel awakening ever. Her hair was standing up and she herself was sizzling. The smoke rising off of Roisin subdued a little before the sensation and pain of being shocked, albeit weakly, finally subsided.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT?!!" she screeched as she pulled out a hair brush and violently attacked the spiky and frizzy mess that was previously long and straight; dark brown hair. "I'd better not call her a name, or retaliate at all for that matter, if I want to be friends with her."

"Hey!" came a voice, just south of the gangs current location. Suddenly a topless boy emerged from into the clearing. He had tanned olive skin and huge prominent eyebrows. His curly and messy thick brown hair complemented the mud he was coated in. he was accompanied by a Mudkip and an Oddish, which Roisin immediately scanned with her PokéDex.

"Hi, Roisin said amidst her bushy, bad hair. "I see by your Mudkip that you are another beginning trainer," Roisin tried to make conversation. She stood up, still trying to tame her hair, and walked over to the boy. She held out her hand, "My name is Roisin, ROW-SHEEN," she emphasized the pronunciation. "What's your name?" Roisin didn't think it was her place to invite him to the group. Kat, the self appointed team leader who Roisin once admired, could have that honor.

Speaking of Kat. The prissy girl who had just made her Pokémon viciously attack Roisin was sitting in her tree laughing as hard as she possibly could. During the hysterics, Kat did not notice that the tree she was sitting in had an unwanted guest. It was a Pokémon, about two foot tall, it was bright yellow and had no visible arms or legs. It's most distinguished feature was it's huge deep black eyes with small white pupils. The Pokémon was attached to the tree via a silky like thread, rather like string shot. Kat was madly flailing her arms around, laughing like a maniac. Suddenly her fist collided with the yellow Pokémon, sending it flying towards Roisin, Fen, Patrick and the new guy.

Roisin scanned the helpless Pokémon who stopped rolling at her feet.

"Kakuna, the pre-evolved form of Beedrill, this Poké-"

Roisin slammed the PokéDex shut when she heard the word 'Beedrill'. As if on cue, the Kakuna started to roll again, so its' eyes would face upwards towards the sky. All eyes were on the Pokémon, the seconds felt like hours as a huge split appeared in the shell, emitting a warm and radiant light. Like a zombie-hand bursting through a grave, a huge needle shot through the shell. The light served as a beacon, as suddenly a huge buzzing sound could be heard from nearby trees. More Beedrill were coming.

Roisin scooped up her belongings and yelled as loud as she could. "RUUUN!" she shrieked. Everything was a blur after that, Roisin knew nothing of the fates of the nearby trainers, she was too focused on finding her way out of the godforsaken forest. Sprinting north as fast as she could. After about five minutes of running the buzzing grew fainter but was still evident. "Hopefully they all followed Kat," she thought to herself. "It's her fault anyway!" Roisin had separated from the group, she may have been the only one who ran for all she knew. She started to jog north as the sound became louder again. There was a building in the distance, it was another gatehouse "Whew! Finally I'll wait for everyone in there,"[.i]

Roisin opened the door, there wasn't much inside. It was decorated with cream wall paper and a regular laminate floor with a few seats here and there. Nobody was behind the counter yet and none of Roisin's 'friends' had arrived yet.

"looks like I'm the first one here,"

The Grand Tournament
    The gang were chased by lots of Beedrill!

OOC: I hated this post, I seriously hated typing it, I can't believe how much it suxx0red

Message from Kat: Don't fight, just run so we can get to Pewter faster >o

Trainer Kat

Years
    "KAT WHAT THE HELL?!" It seemed Roisin had waken up. "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT?!!" she screeched as she pulled out a hair brush and violently attacked the spiky and frizzy mess that was previously long and straight; dark brown hair.

While Roisin had been fuming over Kat's wake-up method, the blonde had found her way back into the tree. She'd be damned if she was going to be there to be the object of the brunette's wrath. The prissy girl was practically in hysterics as Roisin frantically tried to straighten out her once-sleek brown hair. It wasn't working.

"Why...did I...do it..?" she gasped between laughs. "You're the one who couldn't wake up on time. Don't blame it on me!" She returned to her laughing fit, flailing her fists. Roisin looked less than happy.

"Hey!" Kat blinked and sat up straight, the laughter slowing to a giggle as she wiped tears from her eyes. A boy who looked to be somewhere around Fen and Patrick's age had emerged from the shrubbery, a Mudkip and Oddish in tow. Everything was settling down until Roisin opened her mouth. This led to another string of laughs as Kat's eyes settled on the brunette's accidental afro.

"You...look...so...dumb!" She pointed at Roisin with one hand, the other clutching her stomach. Before long, her hands were back in motion. What she had failed to notice amidst the commotion was a small yellow Pokemon. It had descended down from the branches above, and was peering at Kat through beady black eyes. The blonde's fists didn't hit air for very long. In one second, her palm collided with the hard yellow object, sending it flying to the ground below. In a flash, Roisin whipped her Pokedex open. The only word Kat caught was "Beedrill".

"What?! Beedrill?!" Kat yelped. A giant needle shot out of the yellow cocoon. Without hesitation, Kat jumped out of the tree, landing on the ground using only both feet (and not her bum). It appeared that when bugs were involved, she had no qualms about leaping without Fen's assistance. A red light shot out of Axel's Pokeball as Kat sucked the Charmander back into its home. There was no more time. More Beedrill were coming. It was too risky to fumble around with the Pokeballs. Kat circled her arms around Shinx, who was still resting calmly in Fen's arms. Now that Fen's hands were free, Kat tucked the lion cub under her right arm, grabbing Fen's hand with her left.

"We need to go," she gasped. "Now!" She took off running, pulling Fen and Forest along, with Shinx under her arm and Gastly by her shoulder. A thought suddenly struck her like a ton of bricks--a thought that made her stomach drop.

Kozue...I really hope you're not in this forest...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back