• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Lounge / Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Dukey I think what Sakari meant was, when people create a photobucket account and fill it with resources and stocks from packs and google etc and then give out the username and password so others can access them. They aren't their personal photobucket account, they are like a storage for resources/stocks so they have them separate from their work and altogether not hogging room on their hard drives.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    She referred to that basic idea seperately though, just randomly searching for C4D's on there isn't a great idea.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Very true, however, if you are going to look on Deviantart for resources, the same rule applies. Only use resources that say you have permission to use (in a stock pack for download etc.)

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Exactly, see atleast you can check whether you're allowed to use it there, with Photobucket most of the time you can't be sure.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    So whats up guys?

Photoshop has been acting up on me.. I think I might have to reinstall it.. :/

Or does anything they can help me.. ? I mean when I make a new layer then I go back to the old layer and want to edit it then I can't.. I can't do anything to it..

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
    Hello everyone. I joined not too long ago... Well, I forget the exact day I joined (I'll find out after I post this), but it has been at least a month. Despite this, I still feel as if I haven't found my niche. I really want to belong somewhere, and because I really enjoy making graphics I think this just might be my best fit.

I make the kind of graphics you'd find on LJ: icons, banners, textures, et cetera. I recently got into coloring manga as well.

If you want, you can call me ethe (preferably stylised that way), Edin, or Taikun.
    I know I shouldn't have so many names, but I just can't decide which one I like best.

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
    Edin sounds ok to me.. :D So have you posted a gallery yet? :D

No, not yet. But I will soon. :D
    With exception of the ONE manga page I've colored, I don't have anything special. Everything else is your typical, over-selective colored LJ graphic.

It sounds like you have a gallery, so I'll go look for it now and check out your stuff.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years

No, not yet. But I will soon. :D
    With exception of the ONE manga page I've colored, I don't have anything special. Everything else is your typical, over-selective colored LJ graphic.

It sounds like you have a gallery, so I'll go look for it now and check out your stuff.
    Oh I see, yeah I have a gallery, tho no one ever comments in there.. :D

Don't forget that if you make a gallery, it has to be 4 or more examples, otherwise your gallery will be locked. :x

^What Aizuke said, and you can also make a gallery of photographs.. :D

I'm really pissed at my computer, was making a really cool smudges banner, IMO the best smudging I've done.. Anyway the stupid computer goes all black and when I tried to turn it on I couldn't, then when I could after it had cooled down it had to like fix the start up something.. I'm not sure what happened.. Anyway lost that banner and I'm doing a full virus scan.. ;;

Years
    What makes a good signiture?

ive seen a lot of pretty good signitures and have been inspired by them (mostly the Mods new trainer theme thing), and wanted to create a better signiture for myself. so i ask you the question,
    What makes a good signiture and how do i achieve makeing one?

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    One that expresses individuality of course!

The CSS ones look cool. Just need to work out how to do it...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    There's a lot of things that can be put into making a good signature. Banners and images definitely work, as long as they aren't anything bad, or too big for the forums. Text is also nice as well, but too much text tends to make a signature tl;dr.

Organization is also a good idea, as an unorganized sig make it not that great to look at. XD

Most importantly though, it how you want to express yourself, your love for something, or anything of the sort. c: CSS isn't needed, as I've seen good themes without the use of CSS. CSS does make the signature look cleaner and more organized though.

Years
    thanks guys, i have wanted to have a css sig but i dont understand the tutorials in the css Help and Request section, so could andybody help?

Plus can somone explain what the whole hg/ss pokemon trainer style is about?

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Well, when I make my themes or signatures, I try to look for images that appeal to me and I would assume appeals to other people. I also make my own signatures, so a bit of graphics knowledge comes in handy. And yeah organisation helps too, you don't want your signature to be miss-matched, or it looks untidy.

Collabs do tend to catch people's eyes, but if you're looking for something unique I wouldn't say to join a collab for obvious reasons. As for images, try to get something colour, or will stand out and what you think will appeal to people. Also the quality of the image is important too. And the size, try not to get something too small, or something overly large and obnoxious. Although you can be sucessful with just text signatures with the help of CSS, but of course you'll need to know CSS to actually construst said siganture.

Just make sure when you're making your signature, keep in mind that if you want to please others, you'll need to think like someone else. Even though your signature is your own, but if you think it's offensive to some people or it'll scare people, I would say it's not much of a crowd pleaser. Signatures may look like something so simple, but you need a sense of style and design to create one that will amaze and dazzle others.

Edit; the Trainer collabs, if you want the CSS for it, you'll need to PM whoever has those sigs for the actually coding and ask if they'll explain it to you in the process. But if not here's the coding I did for someone else who needed help.

~ Falkner (ハヤト Hayato)
    ~ Violet City Gym Leader
    ~ Holder of Feather Badge
    ~ Staraptor Lv. 50 Noctowl Lv.52 Swellow Lv.52
    ~ Honchkrow Lv.54 Pelipper Lv.48 Pidgeot Lv. 56

[image=left]https://i45.tinypic.com/21kbev7.png[/image][SIZE=1]

[IMG]https://i46.tinypic.com/ev1e37.png[/IMG] [IMG]https://i49.tinypic.com/167qvqc.png[/IMG]
    ~ Falkner (ハヤト Hayato)
    ~ Violet City Gym Leader
    ~ Holder of Feather Badge
    ~ Staraptor Lv. 50 Noctowl Lv.52 Swellow Lv.52
    ~ Honchkrow Lv.54 Pelipper Lv.48 Pidgeot Lv. 56[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Took me some time to see how this fit here if it does at all
    But making a good signature, for me just means having it reflect you as the person/member. I tend to use a lot of CSS in my signatures to make it look that bit different from others' as it can add a lot of originality. Thing is with CSS, it can start a trend easily and others begin to do the same. So it's best just to have a neat signature, that has all you need and is appealing to the eye. Having coding in a signature seems to be a desire for a lot of people, and it can make a signature that much better but still, simplicity and maybe some graphics can look well too. It's all down to your taste. From a design point of view, good graphics utilizing necssary coding always casts good effects.

thanks guys, i have wanted to have a css sig but i dont understand the tutorials in the css Help and Request section, so could andybody help?

The CSS help thread links to tutorials that couldn't simplify the learning any more than it already is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back