• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    You got Sir Gummy mad. =[

Awesome, but it looks bland and the text goes against the flow of the tag. (Just me though)

Years

6/10

I'm not really liking this tag. Well first off it's very simple, it's ok I would say but it needs more things added to it. Try to throw some gradient maps in there they will bring out more color in your tag. It wouldn't hurt if a c4d was there as well.

Well I should post something as well...

XoXo gossip gal

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years

First I rate it a 6/10
    It's just too yellow there's not much variety of colors in here and it just seems really bright. Maybe you should put in something too complement the yellow like a blue maybe or a red. This is just way too bright for my tastes.

Rate meh.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    @Chibi: I'm not really feeling it, at all. It's just way too yellow for starters, and the text is eww. The clipping mask with her face is too apparently, especially since it is more into the C4D effects that the actual render is. The clipping mask acted like a focal point to me, when it really isn't. Idk, I mean I like you're concept of it, I just think it was poorly executed.

A little older tag of mine, just seeing how it stands up.

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
    @Chibi: I'm not really feeling it, at all. It's just way too yellow for starters, and the text is eww. The clipping mask with her face is too apparently, especially since it is more into the C4D effects that the actual render is. The clipping mask acted like a focal point to me, when it really isn't. Idk, I mean I like you're concept of it, I just think it was poorly executed.

A little older tag of mine, just seeing how it stands up.

There's a really ugly single-colour circle beside your stock's head, and your flow doesn't really have any determined direction and just sort of...flows. Not good; have your flow go somewhere.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years

There's a really ugly single-colour circle beside your stock's head, and your flow doesn't really have any determined direction and just sort of...flows. Not good; have your flow go somewhere.

It's okay, but that random yellow thing on his head is just weird. =/ Also, the effects are oddly placed, try putting them closer to the focal. Otherwise the depth is excellent, and overall it'd pretty decent.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    This tag has a good composition but the execution wasn't the greatest. The focal is blurry and the grey, foggy adjustment on top of all of it drowns out the focal. You need to sharpen that up pronto. The border is good, but a bit too fat. You could half the width, that could work. Colours and blending is ok, but that grey overlay thing drowns out the colours so either remove it or up the saturation. Text is pretty good and effects are good enough to not change.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    First tag in a very long time, quite proud of this one...

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014

@Moments; I don't really like how the background looks, but I do like how you placed the japanese symbol. The render looks like it's in the smallest bit lost in the background, and the bamboo hat being white is not helping. It's pretty good overall; but the black effect on the bottom of the render kind of sticks out with all the light green and brown. I actually quite like it; it's just the minor parts that make it a little worse then it could have been. 8/10.

One of my very first tags. Before you say a thing; let me tell you: I know it has almost no focal, it's composition sucks and it's real simple, but I really like the way it turned out.

Rate very hard please. Trying to get better. (:

Last edited:

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015

I like how it looks, its cute, i love the simplicity, Of coarse you could always add more to spice it up though, that'd help :P
    im not so sure about the text, maybe the color, i'unno
    otherwise very cute ^_^

---

ugh the more i look at this one the more i want to change it ._.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    @ReyЯeч-Pчoи; For the first one: I dislike the copy of the render; it seems unneeded. In a banner such as that, it's simplicity is crying for text, so you might want to add some. The render is nicely placed, it is easily seen as the focal point, and it flows with the background nicely. I quite like it. 7.5/10.

For the second one; again your problem is the simplicity. It needs some text, and there's barely any color except pink, which makes the render blend in a bit too mcuh (very little, so don't change it too much). Other then that, I trult adore the banner. I like what you did with it. 8/10.

My first try at c4ds; (very old)

(more information click here)

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Oh no, it is. Technically. I know what you're thinking: It's Nytkoi's. But really, we both worked on it back then, and he did most of the work, and I shouldn't be taking all the credit, but :x I would've explained that in my post, but the reason goes into some complicated things I'm pretty sure no one wants to know about.

we're brothers, so.

Bay

Years
    Even though Apple explained what happened with the tag, I'll comment if that's fine...

I like the color scheme and the typo very much. Both fit in the tag well. Also, the c4d effects did well. However, not liking how the girl is blurred, but not the guy (sorry, not too familiar with the series ^^; ). Overall though, both of you did well with the banner.

'kay, first time having a banner rated (and which I'll be killed in the process XD):

I did a lot of smudging and overlaying here. XD I know the execution, flow and such are messy, but I'm still getting the hang of c4d effects and using the tools in Gimp. ^^;

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    @Bay; Thank you for the nice rate, and for your banner, it's pretty good for a c4d GIMP banner. I like the c4d, but it stands out a little more then the render, which isn't good. I see that you were trying to get a c4d that flowed, and you succeeded, in my opinion. The pink text stands out a bit, and you might want to do something to make the render stand out.

When I was searching for some renders, I found this and couldn't resist making a banner out of it. It was pretty hard to make Adam the focal, but I liked the way it turned out. Currently my blog header.

Spoiler:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Well firstly the edges of the header are not even. The top left isn't as curved / has a pointy bit in it and the bottom left isn't curved at all.
    Not liking the light effects, they are a bit solid and not light enough imo.
    The blurring is funky too. Look at the birthday banner in the foreground of the graphic, some of the circles are blurred, others are half blurred, some aren't at all. Mostly nitpicks, but it functions well as a blog header with the simplicity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Testing out some effects referenced from a .PSD I downloaded.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    ewww periods after text. :[ It's decent for a blog header because of the simplicity and it gives a neat atmosphere. The blurring is really funky though, to the point where my eyes just got really confused at what to look at. I can see what you were doing with the circle brush but the execution was a little off. They seem very dull when they... normally should be a lot brighter in tags. For the red pen tool, I think it would be better if it was full opacity. Also, don't be lazy. >:o Erase those parts of the red pen-tool when it should go behind the KORG thingies. It should follow the render.

https://i46.tinypic.com/2en92d1.png
    https://i49.tinypic.com/jg6ptu.png
    First LP ever. please rate. :[

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years

ewww periods after text. :[ It's decent for a blog header because of the simplicity and it gives a neat atmosphere. The blurring is really funky though, to the point where my eyes just got really confused at what to look at. I can see what you were doing with the circle brush but the execution was a little off. They seem very dull when they... normally should be a lot brighter in tags. For the red pen tool, I think it would be better if it was full opacity. Also, don't be lazy. >:o Erase those parts of the red pen-tool when it should go behind the KORG thingies. It should follow the render.

https://i46.tinypic.com/2en92d1.png
    https://i49.tinypic.com/jg6ptu.png
    First LP ever. please rate. :[

It is very interesting, the colours blend in well and suit each other, the only thing I can suggest is a rougher texture around the bottom and to sharpen around the edges of the render, other than that it looks perfect.

Haven't made a sig in ages :S Be nasty please.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    @Cirnos Servant
    There really isn't enough going on, it couldn't even be called simple since the render or stock is just taking up the whole tag, and from what is going on he's got some food left over on his chin?
    ---

First tag since my entry for sotw freestyle, first one made out of boredom though since I got ps back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back