• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    evilcheese: ... D: You mean more splatters? I mean, I do have a few already, in the lower left hand corner and behind him. They're blue... xD; And yush, I love this render of CME's. xD;

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009

New Banneh xDD, monotone much?

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Uryu: Hmm. I think it looks a bit plain. Everything blends in a little too nicely. I think it needs something which contrasts from the rest.
    Sorry if that didn't really make sense...

Here's mine. I edited my original so tell me what you think!

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Perfectionist;; Yes it is Better than the Original, try splattering more over the banner and try moving the clipping mask further away from the render.

Latest Banner. Its a bit bright, and doesnt suit lulu, but ah well, C&C Please.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Shika: I love that abstract. Very nice colours and it's good choice of C4D. Though, it's looking way too empty towards the left, in my opinion. Maybe the SOTW text could go above the line of squares, aligned to the right? Or completely replace the current text, and make it just say SOTW instead. I'm not sure. And I don't think it needs a border. It looks pretty darn good enough as it is ^^

Loki: I like it loads :D It's bright and colourful, it has a wide variety of effects from those box-ish things, to the spatters, and yet it doesn't look cluttered. And those green/red lines add great flow. The shadows to some of the shapes add depth, too. I also like those dotty stuff on the render, so it makes it look less empty. Ah, and it took me a while to realise the border. It's nice and rainbowy.

Ishida:
    Altair/Assassin's Creed banner: Yup, that's definitely monotone D: The little light textures add a nice effect, though the on his shoulder to the front looks slightly distracting. I like the use of effect C4Ds, though. I'm with Perfectionist in saying that the render blends in too well with the background. Tone it down a bit, especially on his face/head and his hand. And try to add flow. Put effects in that help to emphasise the diagonal flow of the banner, which goes like: /

Lelouch banner: Yes, it is looking quite bright. Though I don't really mind. It looks over sharpened, though, especially the light effects. I don't really like the giant splodge on his shoulder and the text could be better. Add stuff to the background, too, maybe scan lines, or spatters or something, just so it doesn't look too empty there. Though I like the colours of the render itself.

Perfectionist: That's a nice attempt. The render looks adorable xD Though it's looking a bit too blurry, maybe go: new layer, image > apply image, then filter > sharpen > sharpen. Add some lighter spatters away from the render as well, just to spread the colour a bit. And maybe shift around the clipping mask, like tilt it diagonally, so that it covers more space in the banner.

---

Hooray for my graphics slump :\ I need to work on the colours, but I can't be bothered to do that right now, eheh.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    @Shira-chan: It's quite lovely after all. The like the lightings (pen tool?) you used at the bottom of the render. The whole background is blurry too. Or is it because the render is really sharp? Oh, a border would be nice too. ;D You're not even doing any abstract because you already got 7 votes. :P (I'm one of them ;D)

-----
    This is the repaired one. I replaced the text but that doesn't look too good compared to the first one. I can't make the emptiness go too. But the focus is enough right?.. D:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @shirauni - its blurry maybe too blurry. like you said more colors.

@Shika - yes the focus is fine. maybe move the text to the left toget rid of the emptiness.

i dont have a banner sorry ill get one later.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015

Hooray for my graphics slump :\ I need to work on the colours, but I can't be bothered to do that right now, eheh.
    Well it's far better than my slump… and seeing as there's a yellow glow around the focal how bout a yellow glow around the 'cave'. Maybe there could be some green in the shininess too… well that's cuz I like green but meh xD. I'm an avid fan of no text distortions unless the piece is typographical.

Fours are always better than threes. Not much else to say except what's it supposed to represent? Maybe that'll help with the addition of type or a wider array of effects and colours.
    Well I don't really have anything you can comment on but I might as well post something…

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    @munna - The first and third one looks like Shoop da Whoop xxxDDD. Okay, well I love the color palletes (sp?) on there two but I prefer the first one more. For the SOTW signature, I think that it's good, but I don't really like the big part of the render down below the text a lot. Overall, I have no negative things to say, since I'm not good at those type of things :/.

Anyways, new manga coloring!

It features Mion (or maybe it's Shion >:].) from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. Just ignore the text part that says my name and stuff. I think that I didn't do the tears that well. But this still look a pretty long time to do.

Gyro

-r o t a t i o n-
    Years
    @ Munna:

I really like those pictures, mainly because they look like actual art to me. I think they look like modern paintings or something. The colors really pop too..I like the wave riding one most of all. Good job ^_^

@Rena:

I think the recoloring went well. Everything came out neatly and clear to me. The tears did turn out well, but I kinda think that the red blush should've been hidden behind the tear on Mion's left eye ._. But I like the recoloring anyway and I could see that it took a while to do. Nice job ^^

As for me, I'd like my avvy/sig set rated:

I never really was amazing at graphic making, but I wanted to practice so I decided to make my first Zabuza set. I made them yesterday (which was when I was going to post them, but didn't get a chance). I used paint, since i dont have photoshop..and a pic-editing website for text/coloring effects ^_^;

Last edited:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Gyro;; hmm, its alright i guess, the background looks a bit plain, and the renders look like they were just slapped on there.the text seems alright though.

----

Followed your advice Shira-Chan

v1

v2

C&C Please.

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Uryu: I like V2 better I think. I like how the colours match neatly together without looking bland. I love the light effects which draw the eye to it, but they then snap back to the render.

Here's mine. After reading all the comments I have come up with another edited edition.

I kinda went overboard with spatter brushes... =P

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @perfectionist - now you oversplattered >.< its ok just erase some splatters on the render and the clipping mask so it doesnt look so messy.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @evilcheese: It's... colourful. Maybe too much so. It gives me a headache since there's so much going on with so many different colours. x.x;

So, I was screwing around again, and since I've always wanted to make an at least decent Eureka seveN banner, I ended up with this. Like my usual stuff, I'm just basically using it for practice (smudging in this case).

And this... well don't really rate this. Look and laugh. I was bored, alright? I thought I might enter it in SotW as a joke, but nah. XD

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @animadversion - the first ones render doesnt really go with the background. the second one is kinda empty and messy but iguess they were just playing around.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Perfectionist;; Yes you did over splatter, erase some of the splatters around the render and clipping mask (i think evilcheese said that) and some more around the banner.

Animadversion;;
    Eureka seveN Banner: It is good for practising your smudging, IMO the render needs to blend a little bit more, but still looks nice, and also work on smudging with the flow of the banner, which in this case is diagonal /. 8/10

Abstract Banner: Im not going to laugh, and im GOING to rate this. it is a good banner for mucking around, splatters, line tool, and everything all help with creating depth in your banner, and you should muck around more often. Oh and 10/10 xDDDDD

Evilcheese;;
    Cool Banner: IT GLOWS xDDD Wow, this is a nice banner, all the effects fit in nice, it has a really good flow, but a bit distracting all over the place, i dont know what the focus is supposed to be, the banner altogether? but anyway good job! 8/10

Music/random person i dont know banner: this is an ok banner, but not your best, i dont really like it, that line of red going down the right hand side of the banner looks really bad, the background looks alright, and you could work on that text. 6/10

----

Its a request banner, thought i might as well get it rated.

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Evilcheese: That red line down the side isn't very attractive.. Overall I like it though. It is a bit plain to me, nothing really special but it looks good.

Uryu: So many clippings... I think the inside (pink) bit looks the best. I don't particularly like the green smudgey stuff around the outside. I think the right side could do with some more pink.. =P

Ok heres mine. I was just playing around with different buttons in Photoshop and came up with this.

I don't really like it but I need to improve my Photoshop skills and I suppose I might as well get it rated! Please note that this banner was made for fun and for testing out different things in Photoshop.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    REPLY POST. Don't rate anything in this post, 'cause you won't find it. Rate up there above me instead. XD

@Uryū: Unfortunately, blending using smudging (or just smudging in general) seems to be giving me problems. I spent a few hours last night, and I just can't seem to make anything work, not to mention there's a severe lack of tutorials on the net that give good brush settings for it. x.x But yeah, I'm going to try it again tonight hopefully. Maybe I'll mess around a bit too, since you seem to like it (or is it the art involved? XD).

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Perfectionist;; Hmmm, i know this banner was just playing around, but i really don't like it, having 2 renders in a banner, distracts the audience's eye, and doesn't know what to look at and the whole black fog thing doesnt seem to be working. 6/10

In Reply to Animadversion;; Yes, i had the same problem when i started smudging, so i ended up making my own smudge settings, just playing around with them can end up with good smudging, if i have the time, i will make a picture tutorial, (more like a demonstration) that shows the settings i use, and maybe that could help you. And i will try to make a flow smudging tutorial as well for you xDD.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Perfectionist; I agree with Uryū, and also even though it's a practice banner, it kind of is messy. A border is good to clean the mess up. :3 Plus, you should never have your renders too faded away and yeah, just like Uryū said, it distracts the audience's eye.

--------

Saber wants to be rated. (b'')b

The render wasn't of very good quality. D; So it was hard to work with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back