• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Akari: I'm new to this, but I have always thought your graphics were pretty awesome :P. I like, for some reason, the little white dots you used...I don't know why, I just find the appealing.

Here are some of mine

I don't like this second one so much...I think I made it too plain, but I like the first one because it's so simple :P

Like I said, I am new at this. Lol, be as harsh as you want, maybe it will shape me up O.o

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @Motsuko: The first one is pretty good for a beginner. Look around for some tutorials, I'm sure they'll help you a bunch. ^^

I used a couple of random tutorials to mess around with grunge for the first time. And yes, the part on the end is taken from one of Shiranui's tutorials. XD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Animadversion; I like the effects on it, but the background is kinda too dark to match with the render. And the writing is hard to read as well. ^^;;

But either then them 2 faults, it's a-okay. (b'')b

---

I don't really like it, but I used it as a theme anyways, just because it has Cloud on it. 8D

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Akari;; The render stands out a little bit too much, but the background looks good, although a little plain, maybe you could work on putting clipping masks and spatters to fill up your empty space, i notice that a majority of your banners are big, so that will help you improve alot. 9/10

Kai.;; I'm not sure if you saw Akari's post, but you are meant to rate it (not to be a pain in the behind, or mini-modding), On to your banner,the background is awfully dull and plain, maybe add some clipping masks to un-dull the place, and the text needs to be more visible, try making the background white as well, so it seems more vectorish, because to me this seems like a vector type of banner.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @Akari: Yeah, there is a big waste of space like Ishida said. Not that I don't waste space, but... XD

I made this one using Shiranui's spatter tutorial as a guidline, which is why it looks so close to what she did in that tutorial. I like it, though. XD

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Animadversion;; xDD ZOMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is awesome, much better than the one i did of shira-chan's tut,the Colour scheme looks really good, and the splatter brushes look clean but not too neat which is good,the text is amazing right next to the clipping mask xDDD, but maybe you could move the lighting to under her hand, and motion blur it? just a suggestion. I LOVE THIS BANNER THOUGH xDD 10/10

Last edited:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Animadversion: I'm with Ishida, that's a very nice outcome ^^ I like it how you didn't put too many spatters on, yet it doesn't look empty. The font choice and positioning, along with the clipping mask, looks excellent. Though I suggest perhaps reducing the opacity on the white spatters just a bit, so it doesn't look too intense, and maybe tilt the text and the clipping mask the other way, since I can sort of see the render leaning like \ instead of /. But still, it looks great the way it is.

---

Hooray? I unblurred it a bit, added extra (perhaps too many) effects and made a different colour variation and a black and white one just for the sake of it, though I really don't like it colourless xP I guess that could have been my entry for SOTW #3...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I like the right seems somewhat like an intro where they show the character in a scene and do a freeze frame for a second then display the name… on't really like the white splater as it seems distracting…

V1 since the bg seems less monotonous. For some reason it only looks like a slight improvement from the ones you posted in the previous post, meh it's still good…
    Also did you choose the theme for week 3?

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I don't do abstract banners... xDDDD

Anyways, the colors are nice, I would like to see more 3-D effects though. The border lines, you need to work on that a little more. If you notice the top line is smaller than the one on the bottom. ><;;;

My current banner. kthnxbai.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Hazuki; Ichigo x Rukia ftw~ <3

Well I like it, even though it's just a stock picture you've added effects too. ;P

But they're nice effects and it suits a simplistic banner like that. ^^

But I think the writing could have been darker, grey doesn't really match the banner.

---

Another Cloud banner. 8D

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Kai.; Hmm.... What is it? :B

*SHOT'd* I like it mostly, but the lowered opacity white splotches don't agree with me. The text is cool, though hard to find, and I don't see a focal... anywhere. xD The border... doesn't sit right with me either. It really just looks like a bunch of jumbled c4d's to me. It'd definitely look better without the white though. The white really bothers me. xD

Another 'which version do you like best', sponsered by Loki!

Half-Original

Alternative

I would love to know why you prefer whichever one you prefer. :3

DarkFear

I will ^^
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 22, 2010
    The Alternirtive, waaaay better in my opinion. I love the retro circiles and text. very nice Loki.

Nice sig Kai but I can't tell what's next to the render because of its highlighting. Nice line effect across the render but the text doesn't fit in with the sig style.

Not trying to be negative =(

Anyways mine is probably worse...
    Tried out the photoshop trial so this was pretty much me beginning.

Renders I pick by random for some difference...
    EDIT: uber in the sig credit is me.

DarkFear

I will ^^
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 22, 2010
    Very nice scanlines are great splatter and vector works really well nice peachy colours =D and I wouldn't like to see a black border on that. Nice work.

Here's my one I created recently following a tut and testing out colour balances.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @dark fear - i can barely see ichigo and the colors dont really go hand in hand. winter breeze brush is a nice touch though. i cant really say anything else because its kinda plain.

@loki - ha! i found the diffrence the thing at the bottom is lighter on the 1st version. personaly i like the 1st version.

@kai. (scanline banner) - its a nice oncept though put the scanlines on soft light and lower the opacity alot scanlines arent suppose to be that visible.

it was a request please ignore the text if it was my banner i would have not put text.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back