• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    @ Rei Yuki; I quite like it! The colors are nice and its my style, almost no brushes, just smudging XD Good job!

v.1

v.2

v.3

All featuring Marche from Fianl Fantasy.
    I was just practicing blending options/scanlines.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @kai. - maybe a little tooooo plain or alot too plain >.< that outer glow isnt really good and i dont like it. other than that there isnt much else to rate since it is so plain.

havent posted in a while. i use some of loki's tutorial (some)

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Evilcheese (why evilcheese?): It's nice, cool brushes and effects, but a bit too bland fo my taste. But its gotta be one of your best banners yet!

Hey kai, your FFTA banner inspired me, and by the way, march is spelt "marche"

raaaaaate!

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Poke'd: WOAH BLENDING FTL X_X;
    At least you did it, unlike me, whi threw a picture onto a background. K well, it's nice, the effects looks good, but you need to work on your blending and choice of color.

Bangaa + pink = wtf?

mmhm, my dramatic return has brought you an lj header. I"m putting it in spoiler tags cause it's kind of on the big side. I don't want it to load for anyone who doesn't care ><

Spoiler:

I was mostly just playing around with some new brushes. I decided I didn't like the huge X on the bottom though. It throws the whole thing off ><

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Chikara: Ichigo doesn't seem to match the grunge as much as it could do… those lines on top of him make seem like a brand new ipod all shiny and stuff…Also instead of grey it could be a grungey darkish blue… the big grey thing…also it kinda looks like an album cover rather than a header xD

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    i didnt make the moon it was in the stock i used but yeah i just noticed that right now it is more of an oval than a circle thanks for pointing that out.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    I was messing around with GIMP and I got this result from a few tuts.

(It is in the spoiler below.)
    Spoiler:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @BerserkPaladin: Well, it has effective depth, but other than that... Good work for a first attempt though.

Yay for screwing around and trying some new techniques. The black part in the bottom left is part of the render, but I didn't know what to do with it, so... It's not great, but it was good practice nonetheless. XD

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
    Chikara: Your Live Journal Header is awesome I love how you have used a grunge effect for the background. Keep up the great work.

Animadversion:
    The signature you have made is great, they seem to always be!

PT~

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    PT; Hmm, the pixelly text doesn't really match with the sleek smooth of the iphone (is that what it is? *doesn't keep up with apple*) And I recognize those brushes! :O That's the brush set I used in my tutorial. xDD *SHOT'd* Anyway, I think it's kind of plain, and the stroke on the font wasn't really necessary with the lowered-opacity white bars anyway. :/

----------------------------

Ahh, it's been a long time since I used that checker decoration in the corner. xD

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    @ Loki; I get to rate him XD Kidding. Anywyays, as always, its taking my breath away *gaspgasp* and I <3 gundam 00! Anyways, yest it has. I remember the Tsuna dude banner. It had it. Let my Dying Will? Whatever.. Anyways (agian) its an aweosme banner. If someday I learn how to do that, well.. Lets not get too excited over there, Kai XD -shot'd- Its great, Loki! Its hard to find things wrong in your banners.

Playing around with new brushes. Now, I don't like the heart in the corner, its to bold and you lose focus on the render.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Kai.: If I were you, I would take away the white lowered opacity box and make the "ROCK" a darker color. I think it would look a little better like that. Those are really cute brushes (WHERE DID YOU GET THEM D<) the placement is really not bad.

I would make the render stand out more instead of lowering the opacity. And I would agree with the hearts, I would definently take it out. XD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Loki; It's perfect. o3o Just 'cause you make awesomely awesome graphics. :P I just love your work and this is one particular is so awesome, I can't think of any criticism. XD

Kai.; I like the background, but as Hazuki said, the render should stand out more. I guess if the renders opacity was higher, the hearts would match. ^^; And the black text doesn't really fit, perhaps red might work?

---

LUUUULUUUUU. <3

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Akari: You completely pwned anyone who dislikes lulu =]]
    It's one of your best yet, at least of those I've seen.

Another Music-based banner!!! Because music is awesome ):<

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @Akari: Is it somehow different than the other two you've posted? oo; I like it, and the awesome blending job, but I have a bias of having seen too much Lelouch in the past week so the actual character choice doesn't suit my tastes. XD

Yay for different style attempt, boo for not liking the result that much. XD

EDIT: Sorry Michii, my connection is acting up real bad, so I got behind and missed your post. And, well, since it took 5 minutes for the edit button to load, can someone else rate hers, 'cause I can't see it. XD

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    @ Animadversion; I think its cute :3 I luv the brushing at the bottom and ilu the text. SO bubbly. I also <3 the colors~ I think its great, although I can't seem to identify the render's name XD Love the arrows, not orignal; original.

R-r-rate :D

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Mish: I told you already on MSN that is just pure love. <33 Sammi taught you well too! Maybe the INSANITY text on the right could be a different color than black, but other than that I love it. <333

Animadversion: Is that Nel Tu? XD Well either way, nice job, I like the image editing and the vector brush placement. And the lightning effects are epic win too! ^^

Kai: "Join the Rebellion"??? Wow Akari and I were laughing at that (Lelouch of the Rebellion, you know, Lulu <333) Anyways, I wish the Pokemon Topaz would be a different color, cause yellow isn't good against gray. >< You should probably have the background darker I guess, and add a border, it looks better with a border.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    reply to Animadversion; No, it's the same banner, I just wanted to post it again.. XD

Hazuki; Lulu x Suzuka ftw. <3 Anywho, I really like the colours. :3 But I think you should have made the little square pictures on the bottom have more colour in them. ^^; But either then that, it's awesome. (b'')b

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back