• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Yunadances;; Great job, i think your doing very well considering the amount of banners you have made. But the edges of the lines look a bit too sharp, Maybe Blur it? but it is pretty good, for your next banner, try working with a wider range of text and experiment on which text would look the best on your banner. Overall Great job. 8/10

Poke'd;; Rowan got PS? xDDD now you can put me as your photoshop idol, hmmm, it is a nice banner, his hair looks a bit pixelly though, the background is alright, it has a sort of flow i guess. Text could be better, maybe stroking your text would make it look better? the render looks alright but is a bit big for me, and does not blend in very well. But Good try for your first banner on PS. 8/10

J3;; I'm just going to rate them overall, since i don't have much time. Well they look good, how long have you been working with ps? i think the backgrounds and that lugia render, look too pixelated and the renders seem like they were just slapped on there. You could really improve on working with good quality renders, and blending the render better.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Omaigawd, I have like, a thousand banners. six.

But let's start with this one. I used a new style/tutorial on this one, so it's different from what I usually do.

Pro's and cons? :O

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Loki: I'm actually gonna list all the pros and cons out o____o

Pros:
    + It's awesome.
    + The colours are very hawt.
    + I like how the background matches with the render and everything.
    + Them black brush things around his face. At least I think they're brushes...
    + The effects around the text, and perhaps the text itself. Plus, it's an appropriate font choice ;D

Cons:
    - Lighting :\ It looks odd just coming in from the corner like that.
    - Everything looks a taaaad bit too dark.
    - Text is sliiightly distracting? I mean, I my eyes drift towards the text rather than Light's face. But I don't know...

The pros definitely outweigh the cons, though. Great banner, and I like that style~

---

sluuuuuuuuuuuump. Don't rate it if you don't want to. I started vectoring out one of my banners for fun, but now I can't be bothered to finish it up. Mehhh.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Shiranui: Woahhh. :O Actually, that looks really cool as is. It reminds me of the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei style. xD I think you could actually leave it the way it is and it'd still look awesome as heck. Or maybe tie it up with some text or extra effects.

Yeah, those black things are brushes. xD The textttt. Yeah probably could've gone down with the opacity. :< Thanks for the comments, I gotta remember that next time I use the tutorial again. *it was really complicated, since his tag was a lot smaller than mine. xDD*

~

Zackkkkk. :O

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    YD said:
    The more i look at it, the more it looks like the work I did in the print room, from when I was in Uni…

sluuuuuuuuuuuump. Don't rate it if you don't want to. I started vectoring out one of my banners for fun, but now I can't be bothered to finish it up. Mehhh.
    At first I thought that you butchered the original xD but I read Loki's reply and kina agree SZS. Just add a face… great colours as well… maybe use a marill's face xD also… Katsura ftw…

Zackkkkk. :O
    Hmm, as for you, lets see… I'm not liking this 'new style' of yours… these are starting to look like novice-y tags(NSL style rating)… sure the renders have depth but the bgs don't add to it, but at least it doesn't take any away…
    Also have you tried getting your hands on Illustrator?

I' et better c&C from this threa rather than the thread I created…
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/munna170488/gallery/AH-MUNNA-EAT-CHOO.png

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    replyyy

munna; I have Illustrator already, but I haven't installed it yet. xD

And what would be awesome to really complete a SZS style is if you used that red signature mark that all over their faces in the first opening. xD Or maybe the HAMASHO masks in Zoku. *SHOT'D*

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    File sharing is bad xD j/k not like I care xD…
    Also the marill was an inside joke… sorta… though the x thing would be good…
    BTW I want a rating for want I posted…

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Yeah it was a reply post though, so the next person who rates should be rating yours. :< Although it's a better idea to put it in img tags, because some people just skim over the post above to see whether there's an image or not.

But I'll rate it before I go anyway.

I think it looks great, the perspective and proportions are good, the lines are clean and I like how you varied the thickness of the lines. It looks pretty realistic, except maybe the lack of the inside of his mouth. But even without that, it still looks cool. Kind of adds to the effect. xD

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    •breaks rule 3• Oh I didn't see anything about reply posts in the rules xD

And thanks for the forced comment… xD I was planning of putting the face onto the bunny but I got the angle wrong in the photo I took… it's in the OC section…

For some reason it reminds me of Ciguatera, a manga you don't seem to update ;P

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @munna: It's... it's... it's GONNA EAT ME. Seriously though, it's neat. Looks pretty realistic, like Bell. said. XD

And now, time for my next masterpiece attempt at graphics. This one features Anya Earlstreim from Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I really like it. though the bar with the face in the left bottom corner kind of throws it off for me. But I keep looking at it, and liking that part more. ^^;
    But it is well done. XD I'm going to say 9//10, though coming from a beginner, that doesn't mean much ^^:

Hokay:
    I did this one a while ago:

And I threw this together today:

I know they would look better with borders, but I don't know how to do them. ^^;
    @munna, that was what I was going for with the last one. I love doing prints! XD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Animadversion; I really like the colours and effects it it, but the render just doesn't seem right to me, like it's blurry or something, or that's just me.. XD; Nevertheless, it's good. :3

YunaDances; The first one's render, I don't like how it kinda blurs out for the outline and the second has nice effects but I don't like how the render has the weird effects on it.. ^^;

Um. Yep.

So I haven't made any banners for a while.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    is being aired in Japan tomorrow so I made another Lulu banner~ 8D I made 2 versions, one with a border, one without.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    @ Akari: I personally think the bordered one is better, but it is very good! I like the colors and text. the LET ME TAKE YOU is a little hard to read, though.

Failed in an attempt at trying to do my request I asked for Loki to do.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I like it, but it strikes me weird... maybe is the the bright color with Celebi being so dark, and the red... I don't know...

Not finished, but I could use suggestions on how to make it better. >.<
    Repost of this one, what do I need to change on it?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    A forced reply for YD:
    Yoai… eww I not rating that xD
    Making the render smaller and have the effects around them… not just the bg…
    Having one render … as many people have difficulty using more than one render.
    Use filter effects like distorts… an also gradient maps.
    Take a look through some of the forums tuts…

Kai: Take off the scans or lower opacity and smudge it…an take off the border or put the text above the borer.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    El Capitano; The colours are really pretty. :D Too bad they don't match with Mario. ^^; And I like the text, nice and simple. :3

----

Downloaded new brushes today, experimented with them and made this.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Akari: Wow, I like this one :D. The colours are blended, though I think you used a gradient map for that. But I think it would of been good to add some more obvious brushes. (ones that stand out) But it's still good.

here is my load of crap, for the SOTW.
    Criticism would be appreciated, so it wont be a load of crap anymore :D.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Well, I'll rate CheesePeow's.

It's very good, and well organize, okay, maybe not well organize.

I mean, I don't know your focus, or image that you want me to see.

Or something like that, Anyways, to keep it un-confusing, your um, what do you call it now? smudging of spatter? Well, that standsout the most. If you want to see more crappy banners, check mine out.

---

Okay, I got my PS back! And it's PS CS3. Anyways, Please rate this theme. I think it isn't half-bad to what I used to make and for a begginer.

Comments, Criticism is accepted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back