• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Haine, why did you start from scratch? Always keep your PSDs... You never know when you'll need to edit your banner.

I see you also removed the drop shadow.. I think it looks much better like this :)
    Good work ^^

Cariger

24 Days Till My B-Day!
    Years
    @ DarkChild:: Well sorry that I'm not an expert critizing your siggy/banner. However after looking at the first and second banner you posted up. I think the second one looks much better. [[I don't know why, but it just does. ^^o]]

And I aplogize if this banner isn't the best thing that you've all seen, but after messing around with my Photoshop Elements 5.0 with a picture that I had found online... Well I created this little thing. And I personally thought it looked nice for the first banner I made. ^^o So any advice would be nice for the future. [[And yes I'm aware that it's kind of small for a banner]]

Last edited:

Twinx

Years
    @Cariger: Here's what your banner is missing:
    -Depth in the background. It just look like a red background with yellowish spots made with a simple soft brush. You need to download brushes online. DeviantArt is where I recommend.
    My advice: Experiment... experiment and experiment and make sure you use of Blending modes.

-Blending: I see what you were trying to do.. Blurring out the edges of your render so it blends.. but, as you see, it doesn't look too good. A simple method would be erasing the edges with a soft brush and with low opacity. I see you also blurred the text, you might want to keep text sharp and neat so it's readable. Also, don't erase your render from the bottom, it looks cut-off.

Try to work with these advice right now..
    And since you're new to this, I advise you to search for tutorials.. There are some on PC, but don't stop there, google is your friend. Search for "Signature Tutorials". I'm sure you'll find that very helpful!

Hope to see something better from you next time =)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Wow :|

These are all amazing!

Oops, missed 'ya. No spamming please, we have a system set up in this thread, read all about it on the first post.

And really, the general Graphics & Photography Rules would label that as SPAM, so watch yourself.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    @ Motsuko Live: looks great, better than I could produce for a sig. Nice job!

For those who want to C & CC something done my me you can look in the attachments or for an even bigger view check here. (warning: link contains a large image)

Ionic

God of nothing
    Years
    @Gerri Shin Thats cool ive never seen people do images like that.Different style to the average picture.

Been working on that one tonight..

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Ionic, I would like to help you realize that "that's nice" is absolutely unacceptable in terms of C&CC. Please, read the general Graphics Thread rules, and...

The next person who makes me get on their case for a crapped out rating, or spam, in this thread will automatically get a red infraction, because I'm getting sick of this.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Wow, I need to post here more often >.>

Motsuko: You misspelled "guardian" :x -shot'd- It's looking a tad-bit monotone, actually. Well, it would look more monotone if it weren't for the render's eyes. But whatever. Er, the effects look good, but it gets distracting closer towards the face. I don't know whether there's any effects there, but it looks fuzzy, sort of, and it ruins it. There's some depth in there, with the blurry bit to the right side of the banner, but the sharpness of the text contrasts too much with the softer effects, so the text stands out more than it should. Text placement would have been great if it wasn't for that.

Gerri: Wow! That was made from scratch? :O Amazing 3D work, dude. Though the smaller one looks better than the full size, as the large version is a little bit choppy at places, and the sizing down made it look smoother. Anyway, I think it looks very much real. Besides the text and all that stuff. Oh, and I thought that the slide-y unlock-y thing at the bottom was longer than that o.o And at the top, I thought it would need more lighting at the speaker/ear-piece bit, since it's looking too dull (well, I'm comparing it side-by-side with an actual iPhone picture, so...). But it really does look wonderful. It almost makes me want to print it out, stick it on a box of some sort, and pretend I have an iPhone... -shot'd-

Ionic: I can't say I'm a fan of the 'split background' thing that you did. Sorry, but the bright orange simply hurts my eyes. If you're going to colourise the background, I think you should either colour the whole thing, instead of just half. Unless the concept behind the banner suits the whole half/half thing. The effects need to be cleaned up a bit as well. There's far too many starry effects, and the C4Ds take the attention away from the render. The grid thing towards the bottom right looks pretty... distracting, I guess. And I don't like the boxes around the text. Just work on cleaning up effects, try not to put too much on the canvas.

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Animadversion:
    Firstly I would just like to ask what that purple/white thing is in the bottom left corner?
    I like the top clipping thingo but I don't think the black bit on the right looks very attractive.
    I think the background is nice and suits the banner overall nicely.
    The one thing I don't like is the render but that's not your fault and to me it looks a bit boring...
    8/10

Ok heres my entry-to-be for the "Music" SOTW.

First banner for a while now..

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    @ DannyPhantom: It looks alright, but you defintatley need to look at some tutorials. Try using some renders in your sigs. This might be alright for a userbar, though. (obviously a bit big, but the same idea).

Twinx

Years
    @Perfectionist (since DannyPhantom forgot to rate)
    I think you used too many styles on that banner..

That splatter around the render makes it look way too flat. I think it would have worked if you did that all around the banner.

You already used those vector brushes in the bottom of your current siggy in the same way. They look good, but you shouldn't be repeating yourself..

The focal point in your banner seems to be that dark blue background which honestly doesn't look too good. I think the focal point should be near the render.. you know? the firs thing that gets my attention is the background.. you know?

Hope this helped Perfectionist ^^

Someone please rate this:

Thanks =)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Okay, I apologize in advance if this rating sucks. I just got through posting in my class. x_x I'm all rated-out.

Anyway. I don't really like the white around the banner. Well actually, I'd probably like it more if it weren't for the border. xD;; The little light orbs/glowy things are a great touch, but the text definitely isn't my number one choice. The color of the text is like, a different shade of teal from the rest of the banner, which is kind of weird. I don't know about the font you chose for 'music' either. Kind of clashes with the rest of the fonts. The background is cool, though I'm not sure about the lack of blending with a background that screams for blending. ;D

---------------------------

Original:

With Text:

Without the weird white glowy lines that showed up out of nowhere:

With effect lines going down the side:

If you could tell me which one looks the best and why, I would highly appreciate it, since this is my next set! |D

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    @ Loki: They're all really good. I'd have to say No. 3 is the best ("Without the weird, white, glowy lines that showed up out of nowhere"). This is why:

It looks alot better with text. It seems almost empty without it. So, No. 1 is outta the picture.
    Those "weird, white, glowy lines that showed up out of nowhere" are, indeed, a little strange (once you point them out). So now No. 2 is outta the picture, also.
    And between numbers 3 and 4, I don't know why I like 3 better. Those effect lines look good, but they kind of mess up the rainbow by overlapping it. It's like when you get 2+ horizontal lines, and 2+ verticle lines overlapping, you get kind of a grid, right? Well, that's what's happening here; I'm getting a kind of "griddish" feeling xD

So anyways, No. 3 is the best, in my opinion at least. Maybe you should try having those effect lines not overlap the rainbow thing?
    And one last point; You should maybe try blending/smudging the render in a tiny bit more on it's left side. Just a suggestion.

Hope I helped ya out;
    Motsuko

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I just made my first SOTW entry. Would someone be kind enough to rate it? :D

Animadversion: I don't really like that brush through the middle of the banner. Those diagonal lines in the background also bug me a bit. Apart from that, I really can't fault it - great banner. :D

Loki: They're all fantastic, but I love the 4th one! Those lines down the side make it a bit more dynamic. I like those glowy lines in the first two as well, if you kept those with that pattern on the 4th it'd look really good imo.

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @Loki - Anyone with text is good since your stock covers most of the right. What i don't like is how there is like a big smudge line in the stock. And the vector thing on the right isnt really good :/.

@Animadversion - I like the effects but there isn't too many. Most of the canvas is covered by renders and faded renders so there isn't enough room to blend and there is no blending.

@Airashii - Face the wrath of Loki.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Reply- evilcheese: There's no vector anything on the right side of the banner... xD; And... the big smudge line is essentially the entire banner. xD;; I followed your advice, but I must admit, I hate the way it looks.

Reply- Motsuko Live: I like the way it turned out on this one. I erased some of the smudging since it was really overpowering. I couldn't get the effect lines to work though, since I realized that they're on the same layer as the little splatters. x_x;; Blended his arm, as well.

Better? :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back