• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    [/QUOTE]
    So i will be rating this...
    I love it..the colour seems to merge with the background...

and i have a new banner...

This banner is requested so imake him this..
    Rate it....

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    First of all, the main image is very squashed. The resising was not done right. The effects you used are not that good. It's just 4 images of Mew with 4 backgrounds. Lastly, the text isn't that good D:.

Please tell me what program you're using so I can analyze further and help you.

Latest tag:

Your tag is actually really good. I love the (smudge?) effects on sasuke's sides. All of the other effects are good too. Three things bring it down though. One, the border is b-b-bad, you don't need one. Two, the colors are bad. And three, it doesn't necasarily flow.

Its good though.

------

rate please.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Comic Tradgedy:

The color on the tag seems to be kinda bland for my taste, and the supernova effect is a little off, but the whole piece has great effects all around. I would personally remove those lines by the render, though.

Whoever rates this gets some yummy cookies made by organic pandas :3

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    First: The reflection is eh.. and I'm not big on the text, but I like the texture over link. However, it is fairly boring, considering that is the backround for the entire thing.

Second: Erm.. what's with the giant box? Backround is pretty boring too. And never make a border like that. It's very unappealing.

Overall, why so big? Bigger is usually not better in gfx. Most stuff I've made is about a quarter of that size. Try going smaller.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Satoshi on your pink one. It's kinda bright, but the alpha is adequate. I can see you are going to use it as a CSS box background. As long as you match with a nice color combo and reduce a little brightness it should be alright.

My image is one I made when I was bored. I decided to test out some more of gimp and gradients turned out to be convenient :)

Years
    @ CT: That is very smexy, the lighting and effects are so damn hot that I wont say any more than that. (because I don't know what else to say)
    ---------
    Rate this:

and this:

please :D

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Rate this:

and this:

please :D

@Psychometric
    Lovve Planet Renders style <3
    Anyways, in the first one, the lines seem kinda out of place, Especially the one the left of his face, they just don't suit that kind of tag really. I'm also going to say that those pink soft brushes look rather out of place too, because pink just isn't fitting in :/

On the Second one.. LOVE. Although ther are some things that don't seem quite right.
    For a start, on her arm theres some whiteness or something coming off it, I'd try to get rid of that.
    Also, some of that blackness is a bit of a mess, I'm talking about the part just under her chin.
    Also the big white line that kinda does a semi circle, destroys the flow a lot.

M'kay, y'all can rate this tag ;D

Lovve Planet Renders style <3

More like a style used in PR, its kind off strange to credit PR to one style. Heh, I just found this comment strange.

Anywhoo, on to your tag. I dunno how I feel about this tag on the colors. On one hand I feel I should love it because it's all pastelly(not a word xD) and I love that, but on the other hand it doesn't neccesarily work. Another thing is the depth and blending. Not that strong to be quite honest. But aside from that, text and lighting issues I love this tag. The effects work extremely well, and you did a good job on the smudging of all the colors.

Rate my vector please!

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
    Years
    i like the carricated chicken quite a lot, it looks very simple, but very well done.........

I'm a beginner, so please don't be too hard on me.. :)

EDIT: made another one, plz comment

The first is ok-it looks like you just used a black Background with a lot of multi-colored flames. The second one just doesn't appeal me. It seems kinda... well, it's hard to explain.

Try going to this site for official GIMP tutorials: https://www.gimptalk.com/forum/gimp-tutorials-and-tips-f8.html

I have two tags in need of rating:

^For my PE2K account, very first stock banner

^For a PE2K weekly banner competition

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    The first is ok-it looks like you just used a black Background with a lot of multi-colored flames. The second one just doesn't appeal me. It seems kinda... well, it's hard to explain.

Try going to this site for official GIMP tutorials: https://www.gimptalk.com/forum/gimp-tutorials-and-tips-f8.html

I have two tags in need of rating:

^For my PE2K account, very first stock banner

The banner seems very pixelized, and blurry. Is it supposed to be that way? I suggest maybe using a better stock.

Anyway, I just started using Photoshop, so here's an outcome I was fooling around with.

I know, it's pretty plain-looking.

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
    Years
    The banner seems very pixelized, and blurry. Is it supposed to be that way? I suggest maybe using a better stock.

Anyway, I just started using Photoshop, so here's an outcome I was fooling around with.

I know, it's pretty plain-looking.

Personally, I like it. Great job! 8/10

Also, the banner is that way. It was Dialated. I followed a tut for that one. You also missed my Spring banner.

Converted PS tut to GIMP the best I could. Outcome:

Gabri

m8
    Years
    @Statistics: I like it. The render has the right size and position plus the effects give focus to Lelouch's face. A couple more effects here and there and some adjustment layers would be great. 7/10

@Twilight Wolf: The text part and colours are good. But the clipping masks on the side take much attention away from the Ninetales, IMO. And I think the background is a little bit plain.
    Well, you can try Photoshop tuts if you want, but I think there are some GIMP tuts here in PC, you might want to take a look at them. But oh well, I don't know what can GIMP do cuz I never used it. You'll get an 5/10.

@nilojan: The effects aroung Goku are great, it makes it like he's irradiating power. But the text stands out too much and the background could use some effects, so it doesn't look much like smudged plain colours (the smudging is good btw). Adjustment layers would be good too, maybe a Soft Lighted or Screen'ed Gradient Map. Or even a Colour Balance layer to highlight a bit the reds and greys. But overall, it's somewhat nice. 6.5/10

Banner for rating is the one in my signature.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I can say this, the banner is well made tho I do not like the background and the brushes you used are to real-ish to work with the picture of that guy you used, I like how it looks like his sword is coming at me, the boarder is okay I guess, the banner would have worked without the boarder. I love how all the colors you used match the color of the guy in the picture, so nice job with the colouring. And one last thing, maybe it was just the picture you used, but it looks like he was drinking milk, any idea why that is?

Well here is a banner that is in the making, it's made for a fan fic that is in the making, I still need the name of the fan fic so I'm pretty much paused, I know the pendad in the middle looks a bit blured, I blame gimp, I could have done better recolouring myself, but I wasn't thinking about that when I made gimp recolour.

Anyway it's lacking all brushes and special effects, it's basically a render (clay) made by me. :D

So any feedback on how to go from here would be greatly accepted! :D

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years

A litte bit of criticism would be loved for this.

First proper signature since I got my Gimp up and running again.

Ok I'm gonna ignore the fact that you didn't judges mine, and judges yours, next person can you also judges the one I posted above?

The background and boarders look fine, the poke it self would look better if it weren't for the red special effect you used, over all it's okay but the colors need to match more.

Ok and here is mine.

EDIT:
    Lol I got such negative feedback on this one on other forums that I made a new one......

Rate this one, please. :)

Last edited:

D i v i n e X

Pichu, don't touch that knife!
    Years
    Ok I'm gonna ignore the fact that you didn't judges mine, and judges yours, next person can you also judges the one I posted above?

The background and boarders look fine, the poke it self would look better if it weren't for the red special effect you used, over all it's okay but the colors need to match more.

Ok and here is mine.

EDIT:
    Lol I got such negative feedback on this one on other forums that I made a new one......

Rate this one, please. :)

The first one catches my eye more, you only messed it up with the tiles. On the second, its a little too plain. It kinda looks like a blurred gradient as the background, and the text is weird. I personally like the first one, cause its more eye catching, the tiles put me off, but I still like it. Hope I helped.

Creative criticism on this one.
    [P.s - its not my best work, just practicing.]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back