• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Masterdookie;; Yup your right, "I" hate sprite banners, but that's just me, but this is a really nice banner, the effects the clouds are all really nice, except the sprite is very oddly placed in my opinion, try moving it a bit more to the center of the banner. 9/10

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    MasterDookie;; eheh, it's not that I hate sprites, it's just that I think it's difficult to create something good using Pokémon sprites. But I think this one is pretty good. I like the soft cloud effects, which makes it look like Palkia is floating in the heavens, or whatever. The text is pretty cool, too. The lack of a light source is a shame, though, and I don't really like those gray-ish wireframes, although it does add to the flow of the banner. But, er, yes, it looks cool ^^

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Hey guys ^^~ New banner from request to get rated.

Brandon-kun

OMGYAY. :D
    Years
    @Uryū Ishida: oooh~! o: I really like the banner. it's a little bright in some places, but it's not too heavy. the text that says 'a shadow of my former self' is a little too hard to read, but that's just me. over all, it's pretty good. :)

anyway, I really want my icons rated. :) I don't think they are that good, but I just want your opinion on them. thanks. :)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Man, I've been swamped lately. D: No time to make any new graphics at all. I can't believe how crappy these comments are. xDD *shot'd*

Brandon-kun; They really look like all you've done is added some color layers to me. xD The color layers are a very nice touch though. There's lot's of room for improvement, but they'd certainly make excellent bases. ^^

Ishida; That's really good. :O I like the text as it is, and I actually think you could crank the opacity down a little more. The colors and brushing, light textures and everything is really cool. ^^ The border could use a little bit of work with originality, but it's not too terrible as it is. Though you couldn't have avoided this due to the fact that it was a request but the "poke'd" test in't too great. xD Just a note.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @demidian :) - omg that looks really cool. the effects are really nice. youve become better than me >.< anyway like xenocrates or loki said the border isnt that good. try an overlay one. oh and cap the a so it looks better. (i have to catch up D:)

EDIT:

Last edited:

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    evilcheese:hmm, its a bit dull for my taste,but i like the effects you put on it to make it look... fingerprinty?
    that weird kid named poke'd who is surprisingly alright at graphics:
    I made a new banner! although i dont really like it, it was mainly just for testing fonts cause i just figured out how to get them.

MasterDookie

Is a murderer
    Years
    @ Poke'd: Nice plain background, I hate Arkeis pics though though... I just don't like their cartoonish-ness, and their over-used. You should probably find a nice simple font that doesn't stand out.

New stuff, probably my worst.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    MasterDookie:hmm.. could be better, i like the render and the shine effect( i think), overall, pretty good.
    myself(again): well, this new banner, i think, is my best so far. compare this to all my others and
    ~!RATE!~

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @poke'd - you mean i tauht you how to download fonts xD anyway yours is a little too plain try blending.

@master dookie - its pretty dark. i would put maybe a radial gradient instead of black. and maybe add a little more color.

@Poke'd (again) - its nice that you used blending and c4ds but too much is bad. also the text is hard to see (like mine xD).

Brandon-kun

Years
    @Loki: yeah.. that's what I've been told. I've been trying to make it so it doesn't look like that, but I really do like my coloring. :)

Here are a few more icons that I made for people at SPPf.

all of these are for Chelc @ SPPf. Do not take any!

for Avegaille @ SPPf. Do not take!

for Alex @ SPPf. Do not take!

I tried different styles and what not, but that's what I came up with. please rate them. :)

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    @ Brandon-kun: I like color layers, so you're in luck. lawl.
    I like the one for Avegaille. I forgot the charcter in it's name.
    The rest are pretty plain. They're open for improvment, good luck!

For Chris-kun @ PPF

Please rate. Its not my best, I know everyone hates pokemon banners/avatars, but meh,
    I liked the way it turned out and I want it rated, thanks.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Looking at some of the sigs in this section kinda got me going. I messed around a little, mostly type.

Last edited:

Brandon-kun

Years
    @Kai.: thanks for the crit. :) it means a lot. :D and I think the characters name is Zoey from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Anime. as for the crit; it looks good, though I haven't seen any of your other work, so I really wouldn't know if it's your best/worst, or whatever you think, but these are the only things I can tell you. the sparkles are a nice touch, but it looks like they are over-used.. and the 'X' is a little strange. other than that, it's really good. :)

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    @ Brandon-kun: Thank you too! You're welcome for the comments!
    I love color layers, I think your icons are pretty good!

Made for Sparkz. @ PC

I liked this one. This is sort of an example to Brandon-kun. This is not my best, I guess I can PM you my fav banner that I have made later.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @kai. - what did you do to the render? erasing it that much is a no. and the text clashes.

i finally found a tutorial i like and worked with depth.

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
    Brandon Kun: I really like the way you do your avatars, they have an originality feel to them. The one I love the most has got to be the Ash one, it's awesome!

Kai: I love the style you use to do your graphics but i'm not sure about the (vector brushes?) underneath the render of Flygon I don't think they work well. But I really like the Torchic avatar you made.

Evil Cheese: I'm not sure about the Sasuke banner as I don't really like the flow of the render, although I like how you've created the effect that Sasuke is behind some of the background to make it look like he's actually in the picture. Also I think you should try making some of your banners smaller I don't know if it's just me but I'm not keen on large banners.

Lucario Signature

Date Made: 2nd March 2008
    Notes: I like this one I'm not sure about the text though, I'd like to see others views on it.

Keep Up The Great Work Everyone.
    ~Pikachu Trainer

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    PikachuTrainer1994; Yeah, the text lacks something, I guess it's a bit plain. But overall, the banner itself is good. ^^ But the blurriness of the background kinda hurts my eyes, but that's just me. :x

Something I made when I was bored and decided to test out new brushes~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back