• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i v i n e X

Pichu, don't touch that knife!
Years
  • The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Your new avy is so simple, but its awesome too. I love the text and the effect you've given the avy, and the robot looks super special awesome, lulz.

My Latest:

I've been taking tutorials at gimptalk for a while, this looks good to me, it seems like it has a good flow and depth.

RosaSunglasses.

Final Fantasy XIII
    Years
  • divine X hmm.. border is kinda too fat so if you make it smaller i would be nice and please rate mine in my sig and i would give divine X 9/10

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • @Nilogan: From one Bleach theme to another. I personally don't like the signature. The render is nice quality, the pose is cool and I have no problem with it. The background, however, is of bad quality and the random swirls and writing make it look weird. I think you should add some Gradient Maps, a bit of smudging, some stocks and look up some typography tutorials. Also, look at some signature tutorials stickied in this forum.

Can you please rate my current signature? Not the avatar, just the signature.

D i v i n e X

Pichu, don't touch that knife!
    Years
  • @Nilogan: From one Bleach theme to another. I personally don't like the signature. The render is nice quality, the pose is cool and I have no problem with it. The background, however, is of bad quality and the random swirls and writing make it look weird. I think you should add some Gradient Maps, a bit of smudging, some stocks and look up some typography tutorials. Also, look at some signature tutorials stickied in this forum.

Can you please rate my current signature? Not the avatar, just the signature.

Wow, love the sig dude. Its sort of techno-ish, if you know what I mean, and the styling used just works for it. Lighting is good too. 8.3 out of 10.

What about this new one, The Bass Guitarist from Antic Cafe.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    ~ComicTragedy

The picture render isen't actully blending in but the background is nice 6/10 ^^

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
    Years
  • I like the theme, and the Roselia is great but I think the colours of the background are a bit dull - it still works though :D

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Sapphiress: What can I say here.... Let's begin with the fact that you've definitely got a good start going. ;D The problem I've got with your tag is that... it feels incomplete. Like a WIP.

I feel like the black and white textures in the background don't suit Scizor as well as they should- after all, it looks like you've made the reds on Scizor way stronger than they usually are anyway. The cut out looks a bit too perfect- perhaps next time cut it a little looser so that it looks more like someone actually cut him out?

The circles feel very out of place, because in the background you've got squares in your textures and then BANG circles in the foreground! And all the empty space on the left just leaves something to be desired.

Like I said though, it's a good start. ;D

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Sapphiress: What can I say here.... Let's begin with the fact that you've definitely got a good start going. ;D The problem I've got with your tag is that... it feels incomplete. Like a WIP.

I feel like the black and white textures in the background don't suit Scizor as well as they should- after all, it looks like you've made the reds on Scizor way stronger than they usually are anyway. The cut out looks a bit too perfect- perhaps next time cut it a little looser so that it looks more like someone actually cut him out?

The circles feel very out of place, because in the background you've got squares in your textures and then BANG circles in the foreground! And all the empty space on the left just leaves something to be desired.

Like I said though, it's a good start. ;D

I love it in colour, but not so much without it... I simply adore your use of purple...

And that font it fabulous, it makes me jealous...
    I suck at fonts..

And the little text I'm gonna ask you how you did that... PM me...

I assume those are brushes, I love them, so simple...

Ok here is mine....

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Ok here is mine....

Well to be honest there's a lot of things that need improvement here.
    For a start, the text is horrible, too sharp, basically looks like it's been added in MS Paint.
    Also, the render is terrible quality, and there isn't really a focal.
    The background is just some motion blur.
    There really isn't anything that makes me go wow here.

Reactions: bgt

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015

please rate~

I like it, but at the same time i hate the transparent on the side D:
    its nice, but its missing somehing and i really dont like the transparent >.> BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION ROFL

icon taimu OMG YEY!!

lots of icons. i work much better with icons than with banners. i guess its because icons make me choose more carefully, 2 sets of 3 :> ...ANYWAYS

lazy renders are lazy >.> lots of light
    any comments and suggestions ?

Last edited:

Peccadillo

p h a n t o m
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    Chibi Robo: I really like the burnt edge effect.. But yes, I think you left a bit too much transparent space.

Doctor Love: Nice icon set; I love the colors. Silver is my favorite, partially because of the light in front of him. This creates depth, which is essential to grafix making. Thus, you can easily improve with some key tips in mind (Photoshop, Gimp, or other program? I use the former, so I'm not sure if this applies to you).

The backgrounds are nice, but it seems like you pasted on a render and text. To blend in the render, sharpen the focal/center and blur/fade/erase the edges. In addition, use dodge/burn or a black and white gradient map set on luminosity to create lights/shadows (Photoshop). Also, the text should be subtle; for instance, choose a smaller font size and lower opacity. The positioning is usually fine; however, I recommend moving the HGSS girl up.

Help appreciated.. It came out too purple/monotone and dark and yada.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011

Help appreciated.. It came out too purple/monotone and dark and yada.

The backround shouldv'e been the color of the blue shade on his clothers, the text couldv'e been better, but I'm liking it. There's nice effecs by the head and off to the left. It's not my style but meh, still like it.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    The backround shouldv'e been the color of the blue shade on his clothers, the text couldv'e been better, but I'm liking it. There's nice effecs by the head and off to the left. It's not my style but meh, still like it.

I'm not sure if all blue would've been a good idea. D:
    That would make it really monotonous and then I'd have to harp you about adding colors. ;D

The biggest qualm I have with your tag Peccadillo, is:
    1. The text is, in short, unattractive, and.... it just needs to be a different font.
    2. The pink on the side of his face is... weird lookin' in this instance. Get rid of it?
    3. It's too busy. I feel like your focal is disappearing into your effects.

It's not a bad tag though. Just needs work. |D

Peccadillo

p h a n t o m
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    Pandamore and Loki: Thanks for the tips. I agree about the pink splash of color on his face and the too busy effects. What font size/color/style should I tend to use? I'm still struggling on how to not make monotonous banners. :x

Dmartin:
    Spoiler:

A raining animation? No, I think that's too distracting.. I'm not liking what you did to Kingdra. At least make the top most Kingdra more visible. I think the banner size is too much, as the banner is fairly empty. Use a larger render if you're going to have a larger banner, imo. What is the shadow?

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Chibi Robo- The lighting is...really weird, as in the light just comes from everywhere, I mean, there's parts of his body that are cast in shadow, but then its surrounded by light areas and...yeah, looks somewhat odd. I fairly like the effects, but there's not much depth, and then whatever is in the bottom right corner (looks like MP?), is bugging me slightly. I don't really have anything to justify that it doesn't belong there though, its just me, probably.

I dunno...just experimenting with stuff, I suppose. All the lights and darks and stuff that I used for depth just kinda...got lost

Years
  • @Slyther fang: The mix of colors with this one is epic! The other thing i would like to point out is the text, In many tags i've seen they
    do not show good text, some look like it was done in ms paint, but this text is quite good. The only thing i don't like is the thunder effect, There are no other thunder effect in the banner any where, so i think you should take it out. But it's up to you..

Well, These are really old..

Your rateing?

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Rating: 4/10
    It really looks like no effort was put into this at all
    No depth
    No texture's
    No c4d's
    You could have used some gradient maps that would have made it look a bit better
    Read some tutorials and follow them and I garuntee you your graphics will look 10 times better

Rating 5/10
    This one looks a bit better I kinda like the burn effect you added in there
    And the texture you put in there is nice

3/10
    Can barley see the render.....

I really dont wanna rate this last one :P

Rate Pwease~

Status