• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    @ ramen: It looks good, but also a bit overcrowded But still very nice. ^^;

Heres mine,, :x dang I really suck at making sigs.. :l

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    @Froslass_Maniac:That;s actually pretty good. You need to make the render & text stand out a bit more, and there is no flow to the tag. With all that aside, the background blends well with the render,and you've placed the froslass nicely. I suggest a different kind of border, though.

@Me: Decided to try out smudging. No tutorial. Stock; Flonne of Disgaea.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Apple juice

The smudging is done pretty good and it blends in with the render as well, the only thing that is off in this tag is the text. It's right in the middle, you could have get it a effect or something.

7/10

What no banner to rate?

Yay a free pass.. But I'm gonna comment on Ramens banner just for fun, and because his name is adorable.. :D

Ok the flow is really good, the text is awesome, I lubz the render, the colours look purdy and the effects are awesome. The text is really good, and the placement is fabulous.. :3

Ok now for my banner.. I have two... So pick the one you like better and comment on it..

Years
    What no banner to rate?

Yay a free pass.. But I'm gonna comment on Ramens banner just for fun, and because his name is adorable.. :D

Ok the flow is really good, the text is awesome, I lubz the render, the colours look purdy and the effects are awesome. The text is really good, and the placement is fabulous.. :3

Ok now for my banner.. I have two... So pick the one you like better and comment on it..

The Qwilfish one is win, but i'll rate them both

Ok for the first one, the render is huge but I see how you were going by adding the focial point with the claw. The focial point is good and all but to me it seems like you should have done more with the render. 7/10

I really like the quilfish tag I think you work better with larger tags then smaller one's, just like me :0. I really love the effects and the colours you brought out in this tag it blends in so well with the render, I also like how you placed the focial point right behind the render it was the right place to put it in my opinion. 9/10

Well I tossed gimp into the recycle bin and got c24 today, so I haven't got back into making tags yet but I will soon. I did make an icon though

For some reason I have been in a "Death note" mood lately <3

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    c24? I think you mean CS4.

At any rate, the colors are pretty dull. I'm not a fan of monotone icons so I'd suggest looking around LJ for some icon tutorials. They're abundant there. I like the cropping though.

8D

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    Nice, 9/10. In my opinion though, make the text more visual for the viewer.

My picture is the attachment.
    First I have done since Tutorial help.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Firstly, there's no need for you to double post. Secondly, you already posted a banner for rating. Wait 'til someone gets to that then you can post your other work (and be sensible, don't post everything you've made at once).

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    Sorry for the disruption. I am just mad, because when I go on forums they are thriving with activity and when I join it seems to slow down alot and everyone seems to ignore me. Again, I am sorry.

Years
    CoLiN!: Your signature needs to have a bit more to it. I like the colors in it, but there isn't anything to it except a background and a silhouette. Try to add more effects and some lighting to it. I dislike how your avatar is different colors from your signature however, they should match. Also, if you added a border to your signature it would look better.

Third try of getting back into photoshopping, let's see how this fairs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    Nice, I like it and the only I don't is that sparkle on his cheek/under his eye. Seems out of place. The background blends well, and good job.
    Can't decide which two to show so pick whichever to rate.

If I posted too many please remove. The Avatar and Tag go hand in hand.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    @First tag/
    Way to bright, with next to no diversity in the colours, except that tiny bit of red in the top corner. It's all blurred way too much, I can't even tell what's going on.
    The avatar is just a darker version of it.

@Second Tag/
    Now, I'm not saying this is good, but it's better. But never ever distort the focal, again no variation on the colours, it's just a lot of brushes, text needs work, as does the text on the first tag.

---

Pretty old, but I'd like opipions.

Years
    @Ramen!
    I really like it a lot. The background goes with it really well and the render stands out. At first I didn't think the text was great, but the more I look at it the more I like it. The only thing I can't stop noticing is how there seems to be little dots all over and it makes it look kind of pixel-y. It seems to be the only thing that bothers me a bit, other than that I like it.

I'd like to get that rated a bit more.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    @Sonic: I don't really like the text, and the background is a bit blah for me. But it's a good start. Maybe add something else in there? Use some more textures and not just the splatter brush and pen tool ;D

@Dukey: I am in love with that tag. Make a tut, or give me yours please? :3

Ok. I have two versions: One that I stopped with, and the other I added a bunch. It's a new style for me, so rate hard, so I can learn from it XD;

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    @Jared
    The second version is better, though the less saturated part in the top left could've been done better, maybe less yellowness on the whites, find a good balance between them.
    Just need more practise I guess, can't really construct much more critisicm on this.

Rate Jared's tag.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    I agree with sir Dukey, the second one is better. Only issue is as follows: That black soft-brush. The opacity needs to be lower, and in needs to go around the whole sig.

Rate this:

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    k Im new here but Ill try to give tbe a good rate ^^

To my eye, I thought the text was a bit... fuzzy or obstructed by the colours behind it and I found the blurry stuff behind it somewhat distractive =(
    The spot thingy beside the word gunman I didn't like too much either but what do I know x(
    I like everything else though 8D

And Rate This :

( Get's ready for the bashing )

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    @Thoughts
    First thought, very monotone, use more colours in your work, but don't over do it. Find a good balance. The render seems to be pretty low quality, not a great cut. Borders suck too btw, don't use them. It seems to be mostly just C4D's, do some tutorials and learn some new techniques to go along with it.

___
    Rate please ;D

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    @Dukey:
    I like this tag, but I don't think it's one of your best. Something strikes me as odd about it. I think it may be some of the c4d's in it. I'm not for sure. The text fits it, it just plays with my brain D: But over all, it's good, just not your best.

ok, I have a few icons, they are basically the same sytle:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back