• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Papyrus' [Undertale] Fan Club

Yukari

Ugh I need to stop putting this off. Welcome to the club to all the new peeps!

but since I couldn't think of any other topics, What's your favorite boss in Undertale?

& I'm just awful at video games. I don't think I'd ever be able to beat the game without that armor. By the time I started suffering severely and went back to Tem Village the armor was at the cheapest price possible since I died so many times. xD
    Haha... I did the exact same thing. s: Except I started having trouble at Asgore. Gdi I found that battle really hard for some reason.

Years
  • I deeeefinitely wouldn't have beaten Asgore without Tem's Armor. I gud gamer.

What's your favorite boss in Undertale?

Hm.. Undyne had a really unique battle style and she was the first boss to really make me think that way. I also loved her entrance and the fast-paced battle music to go along with it. Good lord is she scary though, ha ha ha.

come to think of it my initial run (pacifist) was actually pretty good. I didn't die once until Mettaton.

What?! Not sure how you managed that. I was dying left and right an hour in.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i'd love to join <33

Username: Hibikaze
    Favourite Character: Undyne or Asriel
    Favourite Monster: Temmie
    Routes Completed: Neutral, True Pacifist, Genocde (currently stuck on Undyne)

Bay

Years
  • What's your favorite boss in Undertale?

Perhaps Asgore because his battle theme song is one of my favorites and also each time I hit him I'm like, "So sorry but I need to do this ;_;", haha. If mini boss battles count, the one with the dog couple back in Snowdin Forest I thought they were cute.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    What's your favorite boss in Undertale?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Favorite boss -
    Spoiler: Pacifist and Genocide runs
    If we're going by how much I enjoyed myself when I was fighting them, I'd also have to go with Asriel, because it was pleasantly difficult and I was still having fun while soaking in all the dialogue and feels, not frustratingly difficult like Sans or Genocide Undyne. insert "bad time" reference here

I really liked the concept of the two "real" bosses of Genocide - I enjoy watching other people suffer through them and the dialogue during/after the fights is really interesting, but it's all a lot harder to appreciate when you're playing it yourself because of how insane they are, lol.

I have a small question for you guys too - do you personally see Frisk as a boy or a girl? I know they're gender-neutral, but it was interesting to me because I was talking to Austin about it and he said he always saw Frisk as a boy from the beginning, and for me, I had always seen Frisk as a little girl, so I wonder if it depends on your own gender. :P

Bay

Years
  • I have a small question for you guys too - do you personally see Frisk as a boy or a girl? I know they're gender-neutral, but it was interesting to me because I was talking to Austin about it and he said he always saw Frisk as a boy from the beginning, and for me, I had always seen Frisk as a little girl, so I wonder if it depends on your own gender. :P

Probably. Personally I tend to switch seeing Frisk between female (because I'm female) or nonbinary. I know several of my friends that don't consider themselves either gender very passionate keeping Frisk neutral, and I respect that.

Yukari

Spoiler: Pacifist and Genocide runs
    If we're going by how much I enjoyed myself when I was fighting them, I'd also have to go with Asriel, because it was pleasantly difficult and I was still having fun while soaking in all the dialogue and feels, not frustratingly difficult like Sans or Genocide Undyne. insert "bad time" reference here

I really liked the concept of the two "real" bosses of Genocide - I enjoy watching other people suffer through them and the dialogue during/after the fights is really interesting, but it's all a lot harder to appreciate when you're playing it yourself because of how insane they are, lol.

I have a small question for you guys too - do you personally see Frisk as a boy or a girl? I know they're gender-neutral, but it was interesting to me because I was talking to Austin about it and he said he always saw Frisk as a boy from the beginning, and for me, I had always seen Frisk as a little girl, so I wonder if it depends on your own gender. :P
    I always saw Frisk as a girl myself. o>

But it's obvious that the character was designed so that they could be whatever gender you wanted. Which I think worked out well.

Kimochiru

Keep it quirky!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022

Personally, I never gave it much thought. I guess I see Frisk as a girl.
    And, as Yukari stated, Frisk and the First Human were cleverly designed to be gender-ambiguous to fit the player's perception.

As for my favourite boss fight, I like the shield/arrows-based combat of Undyne.

Back