• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Video Game Music Challenge! [Over!]

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    Day 17 - A track you've heard so much that you're sick of it

I did ALOT of Risen skirmishes to grind my units up. I heard this theme so much, I'm so sick of it

pkmin3033

The Great Video Game Music Challenge! [Over!]

Day 18 - Franchise Challenge II: The Legend of Zelda

DA-NA-NA-NAAAAAAAAA! For today's challenge, post a track from The Legend of Zelda franchise, and tell us a bit about your choice! A favourite? First track that came to mind? Something you loathe? Share :3

Years
    Melee's Menu 2 theme. To the point that if it comes up on the 3ds version, I'll just exit and reenter until I get the smash 4 menu music. Which is a lot better. I would've also said You Will Know Our Names, but I haven't got sick of it. Infact, a different Xenoblade song is the culprit, and if you played that game for a while, you know what I'm talking about. Vision Reacts interrupts much better music in the game to add nothing to the moment in every fight but the final boss where they thankfully turned it off to let actually good music play instead. It's because of vision reacts that I never get to hear most xenoblade battle music loop. It sucks.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

First track that comes to mind.

Time to show more love. Remember kiddies, jillies and sonny jims. I'm here to show more LOVE. Not hate. Its all about me telling you to hug your neighbor, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your puppy, and what not.

So yeah classic Zelda overworld theme. While I've never really played LoZ to the fullest, I've always admired it to the point where i wanted to get some of the other games, but alas, I'm resulting to emulation to play them. So why this one I'm sharing now? Because I just want to say how much I find this so recognized that whenever DJs who play at music festivals feel like they want to appeal to the "geeks" (according to the eyes of non-gamers like dem plebs who find us not normal), they play their own remix of the NES Zelda 1's overworld theme. And yes I attended such. It was ZED.

And to show even more of the love, Here's some Zelda Rap. CLICK SPOILAR
    Spoiler:

HE'S THE L, TO THE I, TO THE I, TO THE K.

Years

Probably for me, one of the most memorable boss songs in the series.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Well, this track is definitely the most nostalgic for me. As a kid, I was never more excited for a game's release than for Majora's Mask. I may have played Ocarina of Time first, but this game left more of an impression on me. Definitely remember the good times trying to sneak past those annoying Deku Guards. Still have my gold cartridge too. :)

Bay

Years

I actually haven't played any Zelda games except Phantom Hourglass, and that one I only passed the first temple (pretty much distracted by real life and other games when doing two playthroughs, lol). Going to instead showcase one of the Zelda games my dad played, Minish Cap. I remember liking most of the music when watching my dad.

pkmin3033

Time for another scenery challenge! Same deal as last time - check out the image under the spoiler below and post a track from a game that you think would fit it! As usual, elaboration is awesome.

Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Day 19 - Scenery Challenge II

What am i thinking when i saw the image, which is related to A song of ice and fire? More like a song of FIRE AND MURDER! WHOOOOOOOOO and when Fire and murder like this scene is involved, I'm thinking of pure chaos. And to me, pure chaos, fire, and murder all sound like a nice fit for some Drakengard 1 music!

Those poor ships and sailors. Being devoured by Ultrasatan, and he isn't even in the picture. Why? Because Ultrasatan doesn't have to be. When death and disaster strike, that is a sign of the Hell Beast himself. The beast approaches.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Seeing that image made me immediately think of that one stage in Soul Calibur III. Probably because the sky looks like it's on fire in the picture due to a raging battle. Hard to make out what exactly is going on in that image, but I think the song fits rather nicely.

Bay

Years

Like Xin, tried to think of a song that relates to the Song of Ice and Fire book series, and only one I can think of is Child of Light again. Oddly enough, this battle music plays during most of the game's last dungeon, which is mostly underwater. Oh, also in the books there's mentions of the Red God and here the song's called Sword of Mars. Wow, just thought of this connection a few minutes ago. XD

Years
    Day 15 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 7] - Boss Theme
    I'm choosing The Summoned from Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. It's a remix of Those Who Fight Further from the original FFVII. Yeah yeah it's another cliche pick, but I don't care. It gets me fired up to win, which is a determination one should have when fighting a boss.
    Spoiler:

Day 16 - Your Life In Video Game Soundtrack [Part 8] - Ending Credits
    "Reset", the end credits song from Okami. (Mind you, the video below is inaccurate since this song was only present in the original PS2 version of the game. This game is near and dear to me and was the first song to come to mind when considering this choice.
    Spoiler:

Day 17 - A track you've heard so much that you're sick of it
    Okay so technically I'm picking an anime song but I have beef against in in the rhythm game osu, okay?! It's Nippon Egao Hyakkei from some anime called Joshiraku and I hate it because I've played the Insane difficulty 97 times and counting and I'm just so done... Golden S when...? I was a fool to think I could complete this challenge of macho cow machomuu's within a week or so... :why:
    Spoiler:

At first I was thinking the Lorule Theme from A Link Between Worlds, but since I've posted that in past vgm challenges like this one, I'll pick something different... The Outset Island theme from Wind Waker! (Specifically the HD version.) I dunno it's just a cute song and makes me happy.
    Spoiler:

It's difficult for me to remember a battle on water and ships in a video game I've played... I guess there's that one map in Fire Emblem Awakening but I can't for the life of me remember what track even played on that level. Whatever, so I'll just choose another generic fantasy track from the Elder Scrolls series that I think would suit such an illustration. :P
    Spoiler:

pkmin3033

Day 20 - A track you'd have played at your funeral

Blame this one on morbid curiosity. Most people plan out the music they'd like played at their funeral long before the event in question, so if you were to have a video game track as part of the ensemble, what would you choose and why? Something sad to bring a tear to people's eyes? Something explosive to remind them of your personality? Something cheerful? Share :3

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Call it strange, but I think I already had one picked out, lol. Funerals can be a celebration of life too, so the track definitely has a fitting title. To me this song always felt like it was describing the aging of one's life. From a newborn, all the way until you're aged and looking back on your "Life." Conflicting emotions of remorse, relief, regret, anger, and sadness before you finally comes to terms with your death.

Years

I have no words, only music.

Bay

Years

Yeah, going similar route to Shepherd here, haha. I do feel bad for the immortals having suffered many loved ones.

Back