• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
Years
  • THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE:
    "After winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen returns home to District 12 along with fellow winner Peeta Mellark . After shortly returning home, they must embark on a "Victor's Tour" of the districts, leaving behind their close friends and family. During the tour, Katniss senses that a rebellion is brewing in the districts, but the Capitol is still firmly in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games, known as a Quarter Quell."

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is an upcoming 2013 American science-fiction dystopian thriller/action-adventure film based on Suzanne Collins' novel Catching Fire, the second installment in The Hunger Games trilogy and is the sequel to the 2012 film The Hunger Games. The film is scheduled to be released on November 22, 2013.

Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson, Donald Sutherland, Elizabeth Banks, Stanley Tucci, Lenny Kravitz, Jeffrey Wright, Sam Claflin, Jena Malone and Alan Ritchson.
    Directed by: Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend, Water For Elephants)
    Screenplay by: Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire) and Michael Ardnt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3)
    Format: 2D Traditional and IMAX (features scenes filmed with IMAX cameras)

TEASER TRAILER:

THEATRICAL TRAILER:

Years
  • When this movie is over I want to feel like it wouldn't be fun to live in the Hunger Games world. The romance element, the theatricality of the whatchamacallit people in charge, it can make things seem not so serious, like a game, but the story wants to be taken seriously. It needs to go darker than the previous movie and I'm worried that Jennifer Lawrence isn't up to that task. (You can all shoot me now - I'm not a J-Law fan.) Michael Arndt is helping to write it, and I like what I've seen him do, so maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I'm excited to see this movie. I loved the books and was super excited when the first movie came out. This time around I refuse to watch the trailers.
    I'm going to save everything for when I go see the movie at the midnight premiere. Everyone is telling me how amazing the trailer is and yada yada yada.
    So in short, can't wait and I hope this movie is really popular because the actors and actresses are all amazing!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Everything Scarf said in more. I'm fully prepared to be absolutely marred by the entire Catching Fire experience and if I'm not, I'll be utterly disappointed. The official trailer had my skin crawling for a couple of days after seeing it and I have impossibly high hopes that it'll carry on into the movie. For one, Sam Claflin better do my guilty pleasure Finnick Odair the justice he deserves or else it'll ruin the entire movie for me and that's no exaggeration. For two, I'm hoping that the effect and atmosphere that the arena created in the 75th Hunger Games is captured and portrayed accurately else it won't feel right. There was such intense emotional and physical strain caused by the whole situation (especially near the end when Beetee's plan went into effect) that missing that essence would be devastating.

I'd like to reiterate Scarf's point regarding the tone and the mood of the story and that the movie must accurately recreate the setting in the book. There was no joyous spirit after Katniss and Peeta won, there was no celebration, just grim, expressionless, and emotionally devastating aftermath to the duo that were forced to watch other kids their age get killed and even kill some themselves. On top of that, these kids are being forced back into the same competition after being awarded and growing somewhat accustom to the typical lifestyle of a victor, however spiteful they may be of it. This is a serious situation and should engross my attention in that manner and none else.

ANYWAY, HIGHEST OF HOPES!

Last edited:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I'm pretty excited for this movie. I loved the books (and a lot of HG FanFiction) and I enjoyed the first movie.

I agree that the movie needs to hit a certain tone. It needs to be dark, depressing, and captivating. I want to feel the emotions that the book portrayed. I don't think the first movie lived up to that expectation. In the books, Rue's death hit me hard. But in the movie, not so much. Maybe it was because I knew what happened, but I also felt like they didn't build Rue's character much in the movie. I don't want a repeat of that in this movie.

Anyway, I've got high hopes, and I can't wait to see my favorite actress of all time in another movie :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't know how anyone could ever want to live in the Hunger Games world. I rewatched The Hunger Games the other day with a friend, and while I really enjoy the movie, I remember when I first saw it, how horrified I was to see kids killing kids. Well, more of teenagers, but kids to me really. I know it was acting, I know it was fictional, but it still says a lot about their government pitting kids against kids. Why kids? Why not adults? This was probably answered in the books, and I'm just rambling, so I'll stop.

Can't wait for this next movie, but at the same time, I just feel like it will give me even more suspense because of the ~trained killers~ and whatnot. Insane.

Years
  • I really liked the second trailer, mostly because I really liked the motif of the rebellion against the capital, and how Katniss & Peeta's victory started to sow the seeds of rebellion, and how President Snow & Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character went about dealing with that. So basically, I liked the political undertones of the movie. I'm pretty pumped, I'll probably go see it opening night.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Well... I've never read any of the books, but the first movie was decent, so I'll probably watch Catching Fire as well some time after release.

From my point of view I guess the story does look... darker? I mean, on the first movie the focus seemed much more only on Katniss and how she survived the 'Hunger Games', though this one does seem more political-based in terms of like people from the lower districts fighting back and stuff. I don't know. The movie does look good though and if I ever get the time I might even read the trilogy.

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I have been counting down the days until I can see this movie! I read the series and absolutely adored the first movie adaptation. I'm really hoping they do just as good of a job with Catching Fire because it's my favorite in the trilogy. I will say though, I'm not a fan of Katniss's character in the books, so I'm wondering if they're going to make her morel likeable for the movies...which I realize is highly subjective since I know people who also loved her in the books.

I. can't. wait. n_n

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
  • I am so excited for this movie! The book was by far my favorite of the three.
    I just hope they do not stray too much from the original plot. They better not hold back on the blood rain (spoiler alert, sorry!), because I'm pretty stoked to see how they bring that to life. Also the ending, they better not screw that up either.

I had read or heard somewhere when the original movie was in theaters that Mockingjay would be split into two movies? Is that true?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I think I'm the only person that hasn't read the books (and has no real intention to), so I'm relatively excited for this... but not so much as many die-hard fans. For me, the ones that I'm really excited for are the Mockingjay films, given that most book-readers seem to hate them and I have absolutely no idea why (and please don't tell me, as I want to be surprised when I see the films themselves).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well, if you read the book, you'll know that it does get a lot darker and more serious. I can't wait for the end. I want to feel exactly like I did when I read the book, and the final scene is what I'm most excited for. I'm getting chills just thinking about how great it could be.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • The trailer does look wonderful, and this is similarly my personal favourite of the trilogy (primarily because I love all the new secondary characters), so high hopes over here. It'll take a great trailer for the third movie to entice me to watch it considering how the book went but I'm definitely seeing this asap.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I absolutely loved the books, the first movie was pretty good, although it wouldn't make my top tens list. I've been waiting for this movie to come out for quite a while, definitely going to see this one.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Haven't read any of the books. Neglected to see the first movie. But when I did, I was pretty shocked at how good it was. The subject matter is obviously very dark, but the movie itself was pretty powerful, and that's what a good movie should be in my opinion. This time around I will catch it in the theaters.

Back