• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part:1

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    ^ I agree about the District 4 scene, that was really powerful. I really love the Hanging Tree song overall <3

I watched Mockingjay Part 1 a couple days ago. Most of my friends said they didn't like it so my expectations were a bit low but I ended up loving it. I haven't watched the first two movies in ages so I can't compare them but I didn't mind the lack of action at all, and liked how we had so much time to set up for part 2 and so much time for dialogue. I personally didn't find the pacing that slow at all @.@

I loved Effie in this film (as always).

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    The dam scenes were District 5 :p Was really happy to see Effie being added to Mockingjay after her not being in the book its added loads it needed her funny lines.

Years
    It had good scenes, but being a split movie, I didn't really feel like it completed a chapter of the story, as did the other films.

The anticlimatic ending was really dissatisfying.
    Spoiler:

Also, I agree with Effie Trinket's inclusion as being a smart decision.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    It had good scenes, but being a split movie, I didn't really feel like it completed a chapter of the story, as did the other films.

Spoiler:

Maybe could of ended it with them in the Capitol when Snow mentioned he knew they were there, that would of been an even worse cliffhanger

I know some people were probably thinking they have no power why not just go in now with bombs and bomb the Capitol or their air defence systems/go and get Snow

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years

Spoiler:

I feel like you might have missed the point of the ending. Nobody cares whether the rebel soldiers did or didn't come back alive (especially Gale lol). The point was Peeta and what had happened to him.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I know some people were dissatisfied with the end of this movie as well as Catching Fire. I felt like they did a good job. It's enough to leave people that didn't read the books wondering what's going to happen to Peeta and if he can be saved. That in mind, they did a great job just...deteriorating him. I went to see the movie a second time with my sister and a friend and during the second Capitol broadcast, my sister was just like, "OMG are they starving him?!" lol And then he's just so gaunt in the final broadcast. And...well, we know the end result.

Anyone wondering what will be done with Hoffman's role of Plutarch in Part 2?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Anyone wondering what will be done with Hoffman's role of Plutarch in Part 2?
    Other characters will have his lines that were left to be filmed since Hoffman did not have much left to do, I presume Haymitch will take up some of these

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Ok so overall i loved it
    Some things i didnt like was how much it was unlike the book just cause in the book they had a limited amount of all planning an in he base but it makes sense spend some major key parts here with that and then all action in second right? Really cant wait for part 2! :D
    Did anyone else see the major thing missing about katniss she had that piece of paper in the book that said several things she was going to do one was "kill president snow" i think thats kind of a key part haha but still theyll probably make up for it :)

Grotesque

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    Watched it at the cinema the other day and I liked it. Though Peeta just gave me the creeps. Personally, I thought President Snow was the best character.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
    I watched in on Tuesday in the cinema here, and I loved it all! I feel like it was very well done. Can't wait for part two!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    So, has anyone checked out the soundtrack? The curator for it was Lorde, so I guess you'll either love that or hate it. Anyone listened to the whole thing yet? I have a lot to say about it, but I'd like to see if anyone else has heard it so that my rants don't fall on deaf ears.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    So, has anyone checked out the soundtrack? The curator for it was Lorde, so I guess you'll either love that or hate it. Anyone listened to the whole thing yet? I have a lot to say about it, but I'd like to see if anyone else has heard it so that my rants don't fall on deaf ears.
    As a fan I can say the soundtrack is terrible love everything Hunger Games apart from this soundtrack, they got Hunger Games & Catching Fire soundtracks so right but the Mockingjay has the wrong curator and mostly all the songs are pop dosen't fit in with the theme at all. The score by James Newton Howard craps all over the soundtrack and is perfect

Imagine Dragons, Muse and so on would fit the theme and be so much better

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    As a fan I can say the soundtrack is terrible love everything Hunger Games apart from this soundtrack, they got Hunger Games & Catching Fire soundtracks so right but the Mockingjay has the wrong curator and mostly all the songs are pop dosen't fit in with the theme at all. The score by James Newton Howard craps all over the soundtrack and is perfect

Imagine Dragons, Muse and so on would fit the theme and be so much better

Right? I like a lot of the songs on the album as songs, but as part of the Mockingjay soundtrack? They just don't belong. Granted, my theme is sporting one of them, but that's one of the only ones I think fits it. And we really didn't need two Yellow Flicker Beat tracks. The second one on the album is hardly different from the normal one and they're way too close together on the album.

I have nothing against Lorde by any means, but I really hope she's not the curator for the next one. I skipped the first movie's soundtrack, but Catching Fire's was perfect and after hearing this one, I'm just wondering what the hell happened. You can definitely tell that she put it together and some of the songs tend to run together for me because a lot of them have the same vibe. I also don't get the tribal/wildlife vibe this album has going for it. District 13 is anything but those things, so I'm just...confused. And I don't know who Original Beast is supposed to be about? If anything, the song reminds me of Cato, but he's long gone so...yeah.

I don't know. Just getting my thoughts out there. I've thought about making a review blog for this album because it's left me with really mixed feelings, but yeah. lol

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Movie was great; I feel like the ending could've been...

Spoiler:

Years
    I agree that that would have been a better ending Klippy, and otherwise it was a satisfactory movie. Not great, certainly not as good as the books, but it wasn't so bad that it shamed the series, and I didn't fall asleep for a portion of it, unlike the most recent Hobbit, which, after the Dragon scene, was a bit slow for a while. I digress, I expected more of Mockingjay because I'm such a huge fan of the series, and although it didn't quite live up to my expectations, I was content. Obviously still going to see part 2 :]

Years
    OK. So I just saw the movie today. I've read all of the books and seen all of the movies up to this point.
    I gotta say that I'm extremely stoked for Mockingjay Part 2. Like other's said, Part 1 was entirely lead up to Part 2, but it was still super good.

Honestly, contrary to popular opinion, Mockingjay was by far my favorite of the trilogy of books and Catching Fire was my least favorite. I far preferred the Catching Fire movie to the book, to be completely honest.
    Anywayy, I'm really excited to see more Johanna Mason finally in Part 2 and to see how all of the action plays out on screen.

I also actually kinda really like the soundtrack, but that just might be my bias because I'm a Lorde fan. :p

Back