• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy

☂snow fairy, don't say goodbye
    Years
    I thought that was 5cm per second. I mean, the username was probably a giveaway, but...

Best short movie/episodes/OVA/whatever it is I ever watched ^_^

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Geez, I thought I was the only one to feel sad after watching it XD

I dunno why, but I just felt sad from watching it. No reason behind it, just unconditional sadness.

/maybe it had something to do with homesickness, though I haven't really felt it while being up in NY; being with my dad this weekend in NY doesn't help either

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Even though I wanted Safari as my designated main browser, I use Firefox for LJ + reading manga/watching anime, so I'm prone to using that more o3o

Thus, I post with whatever account (other than my main) is signed in on FF.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, it is a really sad movie. The first part usually has me like bawling at the end and the rest doesn't make me cry but... ugh, you feel so unfulfilled at the end. XD; I still adore the movie, though, and probably wouldn't like it nearly as much if it didn't have such a realistic approach to the story.

Shinkai's other works are pretty good too. n_n

Akari

Man
    Years
    Geez, I thought I was the only one to feel sad after watching it XD

I dunno why, but I just felt sad from watching it. No reason behind it, just unconditional sadness.

/maybe it had something to do with homesickness, though I haven't really felt it while being up in NY; being with my dad this weekend in NY doesn't help either
    I could have sworn I talked about it in DLTMSA way back in January. Most people's reactions were like "What the heck is Five centimetres per second?" though. :V

Akari

Man
    Years
    Well, it is a really sad movie. The first part usually has me like bawling at the end and the rest doesn't make me cry but... ugh, you feel so unfulfilled at the end. XD; I still adore the movie, though, and probably wouldn't like it nearly as much if it didn't have such a realistic approach to the story.

Shinkai's other works are pretty good too. n_n
    The realism is probably what got to me. If it had a fairy tale ending where Tohno and Akari (whom this account was named after) did get together, it would have been pretty ordinary. I don't think I cried to 5cm, though it certainly made me much more sad than several other films that did make me cry.

It was a bad decision on my part to watch 5cm/s first before his other two famous films (Voices from a Distant Star and The Place Promised in Our Early Days) since my expectation was a bit too high for both of them. Dx Nevertheless, they're both pretty good. I'm going to watch other shorts he made later.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back