• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    yeah, I have to say as a newer user that does get confusing.

There's a brief explanation in the rules thread, located in PGC. And if you're still unsure, feel free to ask me. It's better to ask me than to post without knowing and possibly fuel the fire, because after three threads in a row, it really starts to tick me off. :x

Lots of people seem to... not get that. Like this one guy in Pokemon General asking for a list of completed ROM hacks. :|

I think after you grasp the concept of both those forums though, it's easy to understand. I know it's odd when you're new, but if you read the rules threads in both sections and just kinda look around at what threads are in which section, it'll piece together. Of course, not everyone wants to do that...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Pokemon Groups is relaxing too. :>

But I have fun in the busier, more crowded boards, too. Like NU/W I would count in there, there's always at least one new thread a day.

People don't seem to read the rules often enough. :/

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
    yeah I can understand that, when I first came back someone stressed me to go over the rules ^_^. I don't think I've screwed up yet, I tend to reply more than start threads of my own.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Starting threads seems to scare a lot of members. Some kind of fear of making duplicates, when really all you need is to scan the last month's threads. And oftentimes things will just get merged rather than locked.

People are afraid of the scary mods I guess. lol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't think the rules are too hard to adhere to personally. But in some cases, you might mess up on a day that a staff member has been dealing with something entirely too much. Like the other day, I had at least 4 threads in PGC that were meant for PG and they were all made one after another it seems. :/ Very very annoying! Then we growl and become mean...maybe. Or that could mean we're hungry.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I saw that... when you just gave up being witty and started throwing them. Poor Syddy.

I think some rules could be worked on... like the implementation of a "no cookie-cutter threads" rule in Pokemon General that would prevent 17 "What's your favorite ___ type?" threads. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If there weren't so many stickies in PG, I would recommend a "What's Your Favorite Pokemon in Each Type?" thread to be stickied. It's always cluttered with "lol wuts ur fave x type" and I'm like :|

Probably why I don't post in there anymore...it's just so spammy, it seems...and the threads are all so similar.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Shawn's been making a good attempt to bring up some good topics- "If you were a Pokemon Professor, what field(s) would you study?" and "If you cast Pokemon as actors in a movie, what kind of movie would it be? Who would it focus on?", interesting topics like that. But other people try to spam the "__ vs __" and "Favorite __ Type" topics and cover all the good ones up. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    x vs x are the WORST. They are ALWAYS popping up in PGC and I'm like "ummm no comparing Pokemon is obviously in PG" and...they do it again. :/ It's not hard to think about what you're posting before you post it...just think. Does my topic cover just the games? Or could this possibly branch out into the rest of the franchise?

That is all you need to ask yourself before posting, really. :( And "Will Syd kill me if I post this here?"

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
    yeah, I agree, that bored would be really nice if the same threads wern't brought up over and over. I like offbeat topics they can be very very fun to discuss ^_^

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    And then there are the threads that say "In the Pokemon anime ___" and I rage because there is an Anime section RIGHT THERE.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Larry, you wanna just throw this into Pokemon General at the rate it's going? XD

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    But why would you want to throw this into Pokemon General? So then the this thread can be spammed by like, Squirtle vs Zapdos or something? I like it in here. It means I can speak about it and how I can do stuff to help out those newer and not really as knowing and wise as I am.

Talking of PGC, that reminded me that I should nearly go and make a huge sprite post, with like, 5-6 different Pokemon.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Like NU/W I would count in there, there's always at least one new thread a day.

People don't seem to read the rules often enough. :/
    One new thread a day? D: There's at least an average of three. ;; I know this because at one point in time I used to see every new thread and read over every post that was made in this board quickly after they went live, but sadly I do not have the time to keep up on it anymore. These days, I do a lot of reading back, and rely on reports to get things right away. D;

Larry, you wanna just throw this into Pokemon General at the rate it's going? XD
    Nope, I'm perfectly fine with where the thread's at now. :]

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    One new thread a day? D: There's at least an average of three. ;; I know this because at one point in time I used to see every new thread and read over every post that was made in this board quickly after they went live, but sadly I do not have the time to keep up on it anymore. These days, I do a lot of reading back, and rely on reports to get things right away. D;
    -at least- one per day. There are slow days~

I tried to be one that reads everything, but I've been slacking. ;-; Sorry. I shall soon again be diligent in my reporting!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Talking of PGC, that reminded me that I should nearly go and make a huge sprite post, with like, 5-6 different Pokemon.

Hopefully you mean in the sprite discussion. >:o Don't be a nub!

Nope, I'm perfectly fine with where the thread's at now. :]

k... -fights off PDA temptations-

I tried to be one that reads everything, but I've been slacking. ;-; Sorry. I shall soon again be diligent in my reporting!

I'm such a meanie. I come around here and purposely find things to report sometimes. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Figures Larry would move this to the forum he originally came to PC for... :P

-shows off my invisible hack-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back