• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Information Superhighway! [PU8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    o.

@mew_nani
    "I can't believe it's just Day 1 and two people (I guess Bard got hit with Smash so that makes three?) already got hit with viruses! I really hope there's an antivirus here somewhere."

I don't see any specific roles in the OP. Did you slip up, or is there something I'm missing?
    There is, but it's minor: Smash is an old Windows 9x worm that is known for making computers completely inoperable. On a certain date it makes the computer blue screen, and then it loads the payload of another virus called CIH, which messes up the hard drive AND the motherboard BIOS. Because this game is set firmly in the 90s, I'm making a reference to a computer virus. Be prepared to see a lot of those.

And as for HOW I know what those are, that answer is simple too: a guy called Danooct1 on Youtube who does videos on the effects of computer viruses. Really you guys should watch those it's awesome seeing what those viruses can do.

Of course Temmie... how the heck do YOU know what Smash is? ._.

Last edited:

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
    mew_nani, you completely missed the point. I don't care about your random "fun facts".

What I do care about is that you seemed to know what happened to bard. You need to stop making yourself appear suspicious.

And how do I know that you're not lying about making a reference? Maybe you whipped that up to cover your ass.

Years
    Nani was spewing fun facts about viruses in the UG chat the other day I believe. But trying to throw sus on Naku makes me less likely to believe that knowing this was a coincidence.

mew_nani

Years
    mew_nani, you completely missed the point. I don't care about your random "fun facts".

What I do care about is that you seemed to know what happened to bard. You need to stop making yourself appear suspicious.

And how do I know that you're not lying about making a reference? Maybe you whipped that up to cover your ass.
    Lets drop all elements of sillyness for a moment. What MORON member of the mafia would make references to old computer viruses on Day 1 of a game revolving around hackers and viruses?! I am not very intelligent but anyone with half a brain wouldn't be making suspicious comments on the first day of the game; they'd be trying to blend in and look as inconspicuous as possible. If I were actually mafia I'd be doing just that, not referencing things that happen to be game mechanics and geeking out over a subject I'm heavily interested in and making jokes about it. Of course they probably would get me lynched, as I'm currently a very easy target, but nobody, not even me, would be that stupid.

It's especially bothersome considering you both have been in games with me before and you STILL mistake my inherently silly nature for scumish behavior. Ah well, I'm already suspicious so I might as well just role with it (heh! I made a pun!) and perhaps help you all find the true hackers. I guess I'll just have to... punish you! ^^

Last edited:

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
    Awh I missed out on the puzzles :'(

Also, I don't think Nani would just slip like that if she were mafia. She was just making a funny about how Bard got shut down by comparing it to a real-life virus. (Besides, Bard's termination was the work of the Hacker, not the Viruses, so I don't think what she said could be a reference to what happened to Bard anyway)

What do you guys make of CONNECT.EXE (Gunner) not being "a user?" (Not trying to throw sus btw, just curious as I don't think anyone's addressed it yet)

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    I doubt that something like that would be revealed in a phase post.

mew_nani

Years

As punishment for not embracing the silliness you are sentenced to staring at the BSOD caused by Smash in silent memorium of the poor innocent victims who's hard drives were formatted by devastating virus. May those trashed files rest in peace forevermore.
    Awh I missed out on the puzzles :'(

Also, I don't think Nani would just slip like that if she were mafia. She was just making a funny about how Bard got shut down by comparing it to a real-life virus. (Besides, Bard's termination was the work of the Hacker, not the Viruses, so I don't think what she said could be a reference to what happened to Bard anyway)

What do you guys make of CONNECT.EXE (Gunner) not being "a user?" (Not trying to throw sus btw, just curious as I don't think anyone's addressed it yet)
    I have no idea to be honest. It's foreshadowing for sure, but we'll need more information for a definitive answer. I doubt our GM would just tell us outright she's a hacker, so while it's important for now we can only guess at what it means.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years

mew_nani

Years
    !!!!!

tem ask qestion!! tem was suss of ZEHN!!

But!!

and wat is ZEHN even say??

Ugh. Well I proved my statement of low intelligence right there; I completely misread your comment, and then misread this one. Allow me to just sit here in the corner and bash my head in for that.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years

CONNECT.EXE © GUNNR CORPORATION 2015​

Hello. I am CONNECT.EXE. You can call me Connie!
    Because the highway is not suited for modern day programs like me, I am forced to downgrade myself to prevent overloading the servers.
    MOM is already notified on my state of being.
    I should tell you that I am not a normal user like you...
    I am a program, like Temmiy, and MOM.
    Programs are obviously the rage here.
    They are more reliable than users.
    They also make cool technological designs called CSS.
    Did I tell you MOM also makes cool CSS?
    Yes, I visited her last night, and she showed me her collection.
    It was nice, like flowers.
    MOM said she like flowers.
    I promised her I would give her a smelling program one day.
    She was happy when I told her that.
    Because of it, it made nice Connie feel happy too.

Anyways, enough of my fun facts.
    I think user_Nani is neither a virus nor a hacker.
    My intuition program says she is not stupid.
    That is my opinion on the subject.
    I will await your further reply.

Etherion

Sooooo. Lemme get this straight. Someone got virus'ed? Equivalent to being poisoned maybe?

mew_nani

Years
    :( I* w*u*d *e *i*e *f *o* c*n *n*e*s*a*d *e...
    It's ok buddy I can understand you.

Sooooo. Lemme get this straight. Someone got virus'ed? Equivalent to being poisoned maybe?
    I doubt it. Computer viruses have a myriad of different effects, some hilarious, some annoying, and some highly destructive. There's probably a lot of different viruses with different effects out there.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
    It's ok buddy I can understand you.

I doubt it. Computer viruses have a myriad of different effects, some hilarious, some annoying, and some highly destructive. There's probably a lot of different viruses with different effects out there.
    such as CIH and love letter

anyway, connie: i agree

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Well, nothing has happened to me so far.

I'm wondering if the users who have been attacked by the viruses might be more likely to have a role, and thus more likely to be scum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back