• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The International Idol Star Tournament! {T}

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Nope that's perfect, more in-depth the better! Here to get better and learn from this! :)

Yeah I may have described the crowd's reaction a bit overzealously haha just couldn't think of the right words without making it seem like the crowd wasn't excited enough.

True, I understand that. I really appreciate your eagerness to improve too. It's a really good trait to have!

I can't wait to start either, since I'm sure this'll be fun.

You know what? I didn't even realize that. But between Lapras, Hariyama, and her Snorlax doll, I'd have to say she subconsciously likes bulky Pokemon. Some sort of connection to her athlete father and how she was raised, perhaps... I'll have to do something with that later. Repressed emotions, psychological association, I don't know.

I'll stick with my choices. Perhaps her father frowned on TM's, preferring to showcase a Pokemon's natural abilities instead.

...kind of giving poor Coco some serious daddy issues, here. XD

Already developing relationships, that's good! But yeah, it's funny how subtle details like a Snorlax doll could say a decent amount about a character.

Years
  • Coordinator:
    Name/Nickname: Matomi Rei Omoken
    Sex: Female
    Appearance: Matomi's general features are a round desert tanned face line, surrounded by terribly unkempt dusty colored hair that that is wind swept to the left. She has rather large eyes with a distinctive appearance, her left eye has a natural forest green iris , while her right is blind, and thus appear a dull teal. However over her right temple, an obvious metallic implant stands out, and is neurally connected to Matomi herself. Able to project an electronic blue screen and transmit the images viewed through directly to her brain. The girl also has noticeably rosy cheeks and a petite rounded nose. Primarily clad in a single sleeved dark brown sweatshirt that reaches just past her thighs, the over sized hood usually tends to drape off her shoulders. Her left arm is enveloped in a contraption that resembles a "Snag Machine" with a video screen on her wrist, and a glowing glass orb on the back of her hand, but is actually a enhanced PokeGear. Matomi has a pine green accented bag strapped to her waist. She wears "unnecessarily necessary" large tanned high top leather boots, accented with fuzzy cotton balls near the top.
    Spoiler:

Personality: Rough, intelligent, truly inventive, yet kindhearted enough, Matomi is a free spirit that likes to live in the moment, without particularly thinking much on past or future. However is definitely not one afraid to speak her mind. Matomi is a stubborn individual, that can sometimes let her words get the best of her. With an uncommon upbeat, yet seemingly rude disposition Matomi is still fully capable of making friends. Alongside her faithful fully trusting Pokemon Partners, what she strives for most is simply living an eventful self-driven life-style.

History: Adopted by a scientist working at the Pokemon HQ in the Orre Region, Palm Teal, watched after the growth of Matomi Rei Omoken since the girl was five. Being subjected to Pokemon Research at an early age she learned more than the average person, she was even given a pair of Pokemon Companions at the young age of eight. Sneasel and Vulpix, the three bonded rather quickly as Matomi displayed signs of a truly empathetic Trainer by the age of eleven. Like most Trainers at this age Matomi left the Head Quarters on a journey with her Pokemon.
    Raising her two Pokemon exceptionally well she still couldn't help feeling guilty for her Pokemon, only following her orders while participating in street fights. Of course this didn't hinder her abilities as a Trainer, as she found a number of new companions along the way. Upon the completion of her circle around Orre at the age of thirteen Matomi returned to the Pokemon HQ, and shared her battle study with the Lab. Shortly after this Matomi learned of events held on other continents that showcased Pokemon in a seemingly much more versatile manner. Pokemon Contests, so in conclusion to this present day Matomi has been moving from place to place in odd intervals participating in Contests whenever possible. Of course she's still not fully above a traditional Pokemon battle should opportunity present itself.

Inventory: Modified PokeGear (Map, Radio, PokeDex, Phone, PKMN Displays) Poffin Case, Fashion Case, Black Glasses, Evolite, Pokeflute, Great Ball x3, Pokeball x5, Hyper Potion x3, Full Heal x4.
    Quirks: She loves to tinker, and is truly fascinated by PC technology.
    -Not really a Quirk- But around Electric-type Pokemon or Moves her 'Neurotransmitter' malfunctions and cannot be used properly.

Main Pokemon:
    Species: Sneasel
    Nickname: Shiver
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Blizzard, Double-Team, Icy Wind, Brick Break, Night Slash, Dark Pulse, Beat Up
    Best Categories: Cool & Tough
    Nature & Characteristic: Brave; Somewhat Stubborn
    Quirks: By rarely being in her Pokeball Shiver has had plenty of time to take after Matomi, and therefor can sometimes have a rebellious self driven streak where she'll do things off on her own.

Backup Pokemon:
    Species: Vulpix
    Nickname: AyoVix
    Ability: Drought
    Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Quick Attack, Fire Spin, Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Fire Blast.
    Nature & Characteristic: Modest; Alert to Sounds
    Best Categories: Cute & Clever
    Quirks: -

Writing Sample:

The auditorium was dark as all the lights had went out moments ago. From the side of the stage Matomi let out a deep breath to calm her anxious nerves. The thralling adrenaline rush of competing in a new type of arena was simply exhilarating. Shiver, her Sneasel looked up with a determined smile, further reassuring her Coordinator. Seconds while the room was still dark both Matomi and Shiver made their way unseen to center stage, and struck a pose, where Shiver held her back to Matomi's legs, and both with hands up covering their faces. Just in time for a single beam of light to fall upon them. Nearly the same instant the two rapidly sidestepped backwards into the darkness, accompanied by a flurry of snow from Shiver's Icy-Wind that seemed to spiral around the light until it went out. Then a second beam fell on the duo, however in the sliver of time spared, Shiver managed to create a clone standing off to the opposite side of Matomi with Double-Team. All three stood with their arms crossed looking out to the underwhelmed crowd yet still unshaken in their attempts.

Raising her arm up as the stage light went out, Matomi replaced the darkness with the glass orb on the back of her left hand. As a surprisingly bright display of red, purple, and blue lights rotated across the stage. The black weasel along with its clone ran around their now spinning Coordinator, and with enough concentration. Shiver was able to make it seem as if she and her clone were each casting a different move. One being Dark Pulse creating a circle of purple fire behind it, while the other used Blizzard creating a similar effect with ice. The two elements spiraled miraculously upwards before fading, as did the Double-Team effect leaving only the real Shiver standing again back-to-leg with her Coordinator. This time she was holding out a peace sign with her two sharp claws first unsheathed this moment in unison with Matomi, who slowed to a stop swinging her hand across her face accentuating the appealing blue screen over her right eye before taking a similar stance to that of her Pokemon, left arm out stretched.

It seemed that this last display was enough to draw the attention, and praise of the crowd as they cheered vigorously at the performance. Of course it was rather mild in comparison to the performance previous but it was still enough to flatter Matomi and Shiver both. The two quickly took their bows graciously making their way back off stage in wait to see if the Judges shared the audience's feeling towards them in their Cool Contest debut. Matomi's heart pounded with the anticipation and anxiousness that seemed to have somehow doubled since she first took the stage. Looking down to her partner with appreciative eyes the proud Coordinator spoke. "Thank you Shiver, you certainly did great out there." With her attention back to the final performer who began taking the stage, Matomi smiled a smug look of determination rivaling her Pokemon's. These Pokemon Contests certainly had their charm, and opportunity, she pondered the possibilities. Letting her mind wander as it usually did.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Coordinator:
    Name/Nickname: Matomi Rei Omoken
    Sex: Female
    Appearance: Matomi's general features are a round desert tanned face line, surrounded by terribly unkempt dusty colored hair that that is wind swept to the left. She has rather large eyes with a distinctive appearance, her left eye has a natural forest green iris , while her right is blind, and thus appear a dull teal. However over her right temple, an obvious metallic implant stands out, and is neurally connected to Matomi herself. Able to project an electronic blue screen and transmit the images viewed through directly to her brain. The girl also has noticeably rosy cheeks and a petite rounded nose. Primarily clad in a dark brown sweatshirt that reaches just past her thighs, the over sized hood usually tends to drape off her shoulders. Her left arm is enveloped in an obvious contraption that resembles a "Snag Machine" with a video screen on her wrist, and a glowing glass orb on the back of her hand, but is actually a enhanced PokeGear. Matomi has a pine green accented bag strapped to her waist. She wears "unnecessarily necessary" large tanned high top leather boots, accented with fuzzy cotton balls near the top.
    -Maybe a Picture Soon-

Personality: Kindhearted enough, Matomi is a free spirit that likes to live in the moment, without particularly thinking much on past or future. However is definitely not one afraid to speak her mind. Matomi is a stubborn individual, that can sometimes let her words get the best of her. With an uncommon upbeat, yet seemingly rude disposition Matomi is still fully capable of making friends. Deceptively her overall persona seems disorganized, but in actuality she simply prefers to not strain herself to hard by overthinking things, no matter the severity. Alongside her faithful fully trusting Pokemon Partners, what she strives for most is simply living an eventful self-driven life-style

History: Adopted by a scientist working at the Pokemon HQ in the Orre Region, Palm Teal, watched after the growth of Matomi Rei Omoken since the girl was five. Being subjected to Pokemon Research at an early age she learned more than the average person, she was even given a pair of Pokemon Companions at the young age of eight. Sneasel and Vulpix, the three bonded rather quickly as Matomi displayed signs of a truly empathetic Trainer by the age of eleven. Like most Trainers at this age Matomi left the Head Quarters on a journey with her Pokemon.
    Raising her two Pokemon exceptionally well she still couldn't help feeling guilty for her Pokemon, only following her orders in while participating in street fights. So upon the completion of her circle around Orre at the age of thirteen Matomi returned to the Pokemon HQ, and shared her battle study with the Lab. Shortly after this Matomi learned of events held on other continents that showcased Pokemon in a seemingly much more versatile manner. Pokemon Contests, so in conclusion to this present day Matomi has been moving from place to place in odd intervals participating in Contests whenever possible.

Inventory: Modified PokeGear (Map, Radio, PokeDex, Phone, PKMN Displays) Poffin Case, Fashion Case.
    Quirks: -Not really a Quirk- But around Electric-type Pokemon or Moves her 'Neurotransmitter' malfunctions and cannot be used properly.

Main Pokemon:
    Species: Sneasel
    Nickname: Shiver
    Ability: Keen-Eye
    Moves: Blizzard, Double-Team, Icy Wind, Brick Break, Night Slash, Dark Pulse, Beat Up
    Best Categories: Cool & Cleaver
    Nature & Characteristic: Brave; Somewhat Stubborn
    Quirks: By rarely being in her Pokeball Shiver has had plenty of time to take after Matomi, and therefor can sometimes have a rebellious self driven streak where she'll do things off on her own.

Backup Pokemon:
    Species: Vulpix
    Nickname: AyoVix
    Ability: Drought
    Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Quick Attack, Fire Spin, Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Fire Blast.
    Nature & Characteristic: Modest; Alert to Sounds
    Best Categories: Cute & Beautiful
    Quirks: -

Writing Sample:

The auditorium was dark as all the lights had went out moments ago. From the side of the stage Matomi, a new-comer to the World of Pokemon Contests let out a deep breath to calm her anxious nerves. Shiver, her Sneasel, looked up with a determined smile, further relaxing her Coordinator. The seconds while the room was still dark, both Matomi and Shiver made their way unseen to center stage, and struck a pose back to leg arms up (?) in a 'boxing stance' with hands up covering their faces. Just in time for a single beam of light to fall upon them. Nearly the same instant the two rapidly sidestepped backwards into the darkness, accompanied by a flurry of snow from Shiver's Icy-Wind that seemed to spiral around the light until it went out. Then a second beam fell on the duo, however in the sliver of time spared, Shiver managed to create a clone standing off to the opposite side of Matomi with Double-Team. All three stood with their arms crossed, looking out to the underwhelmed crowd yet still unshaken in their attempts.

Raising her arm up as the stage light went out, Matomi replaced the darkness with the glass orb on the back of her left hand. As a surprisingly bright display of red, purple, and blue lights rotated across the stage, the black weasel, along with it's its clone, ran around their spinning Coordinator, (Separate sentences here?) and with enough concentration Shiver was able to make it seem as if she and her clone were each casting a different move. One being Dark Pulse creating a circle of purple fire behind it, while the other used Blizzard, creating a similar effect with ice. As the two elements faded, as did the Double-Team E effect, leaving only the real Shiver standing again back-to-leg with her Coordinator. This time she was holding out a peace sign with her two sharp claws first unsheathed this moment in unison with Matomi. Who ("Who" implies a connected sentence) slowed to a stop swinging her hand across her face accentuating the appealing blue screen over her left eye before taking a similar stance to that of her Pokemon, left arm out stretched.

It seemed that this last display was enough to draw the attention, and praise of the crowd as they cheered vigorously at the performance. Of course it was rather mild in comparison to the performance previous but it was still enough to flatter both Matomi and Shiver. The two quickly took their bows graciously, making their way back off stage in wait to see if the Judges shared the audience's feeling towards them in their Cool Contest D debut. Matomi's heart pounded with anticipation of the and anxiousness that seemed to have doubled since she first took the stage. Looking down to her partner with appreciative eyes (Connect first lime to quote [i.e. "...she said...") "Thank you Shiver, you certainly did great out there." With her attention back to the final performer who began taking the stage, Matomi smiled a smug look of determination rivaling her Pokemon's. "But this wait is a killer though isn't it?" (Need either "But" or "though")

Very interesting! I hadn't considered implementing Orre in this roleplay but we can definitely reference it somehow. From Matomi's background alone, we can establish some distinct differences between it and the other six, interconnected regions. I would take issue to Matomi's inexperience with coordinating, but I believe we can work around that. She's from a foreign region with technology that's apart of her. That's frankly unheard of in any other region! I think Matomi would be invited for this competition because she would be the perfect publicity magnet. Not exactly flattering from her perspective, I wouldn't think, but it would fit the IIS' agenda.

Your character could really bring up some interesting topics and ideas in this roleplay, so I'd be happy to accept her! I would like to hear your opinion on the reason she was invited as well. Would it work for you, or do you have any other ideas?

As for the writing sample, there are some errors that I pointed out above. I did like the flashiness of Matomi and Shiver's routine, however, with Matomi's lights and Shiver's Double Team effect. And she is also the type to perform alongside her Pokemon, which is cool. Also liked the display of Matomi's spunk at the end. Overall, I liked it, just keep those little details I marked in mind.

Years
  • Corrections have been made. I've also put a picture of her too. Didn't want to be the only one without a visual aid. Ironic on the fact that Matomi is half blind, haha.

Thank you very much, and not just in the opportunity, but also for pointing out the grammatical errors. I do sincerely apologize if it truly annoys, or for any future mistakes similar, and will try to keep a better eye out.

The only way to get better is to work at it.

I like the thought of having a reason other than "simply living life" for Matomi to be doing that which she is. No complaints on this side to role her as a publicity stunt, who knows she may even end up surprising plenty of people. Matomi herself wouldn't really mind it too much either. The only thing that may annoy her would be the lack of faith, and that is if IIS made it too apparent in their invitation.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Spoiler:

No need to apologize, they're just minor mistakes after all. Your picture has actually been the most useful one so far! I assumed, based on your description of her, Matomi would appear more android than human. I was surprised to see how natural she looked! She does need a reason to be in the competition. Otherwise, as a new and inexperienced coordinator, it wouldn't make sense for her to be invited.

Spoiler:

Anyways, with four characters and being open for quite a while, I think we should start roleplaying as soon as possible. Would you all like to wait for one more player or begin, say, later this week?

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • I have a quick question about this roleplay. Is it only about coordinating and being judged or is there any underlying plot? (You don't have to go into details obvi, a yes or no is good or w/e).

I am a bit busy but a really thrilling (or somewhat in-depth) plot for an RP is something I'm really looking for!

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I have a quick question about this roleplay. Is it only about coordinating and being judged or is there any underlying plot? (You don't have to go into details obvi, a yes or no is good or w/e).

I am a bit busy but a really thrilling (or somewhat in-depth) plot for an RP is something I'm really looking for!

Whether the plot is "thrilling" is not up for me to decide. What direction this roleplay goes depends almost entirely on the characters and the interactions they have with those judges. I have planned some twists on the contest formula especially, since that's really what the entire Mystery round is. But I share control of this roleplay and its universe with the characters and players. I think that's the most appealing factor of IIS: I'm not going to plan out everything. I want people to write the twists and turns alongside me.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Anyways, with four characters and being open for quite a while, I think we should start roleplaying as soon as possible. Would you all like to wait for one more player or begin, say, later this week?

I would prefer one more character. If it takes too long for a final sign-up though, I'll certainly follow along with whatever date you have set.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    True, true. I feel it'd be best if I set a time frame, then we can simply wait if anyone else would like to be included.

I'll create the in-character thread either Friday or Saturday and will stop accepting applications sometime Sunday, preferably around twelve o' clock in the afternoon. That same day I should be able to write up the first in-character post, and we can start from there! Sound good?

Years
  • As they say, the more the merrier, especially when the story is primarily character driven. Of course I'm still ready whenever it's up.

Also done some small modifications to my SU, before this officially kicks off. Minor details were added to the writing example to flesh it out a bit more. I've added some more to the inventory as well, items I think she'd instinctively be carrying.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    As they say, the more the merrier, especially when the story is primarily character driven. Of course I'm still ready whenever it's up.

Also done some small modifications to my SU, before this officially kicks off. Minor details were added to the writing example to flesh it out a bit more. I've added some more to the inventory as well, items I think she'd instinctively be carrying.

I like the looks of it! Thorough inventories are the best inventories; they show your character's prepared. The little detail at the end of the sample was also a nice touch, showing some more of her personality.

And speaking of small details, I polished up the first post again, including some modifications to Juan's introduction, as well as the in-game contest rules.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    My apologizes everyone but I'll have to push the starting date back to Wednesday. It would be more opportune to my schedule, I feel, and hopefully that doesn't clash with anyone else's?

I will close this RP to new characters Monday evening.

Years
  • I know I'll be off work around 4-ish, so it shouldn't prove a problem, also random question. Would you want a list of sorts for other pre-RP caught Pokemon that won't be competing in the contests? Or could the Coordinators reviel them when/if need be?

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'm sorry for this but I feel I might have to delay IIS. I'd like to post it later on because, right now, I don't feel it is the best time for me to be hosting a roleplay. I'd rather stop the roleplay now rather than start the in-character thread and end up neglecting it.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience but I'm not going to complete scrap this roleplay idea completely. It should be back up eventually, I'd just like to free up my schedule some more. Extra time would also mean extra effort put into development of this idea. I hope you all can forgive me for my abrupt decision and we can all look forward to a new-and-improved IIS!

Back