• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The iPhone is officially late and tired

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Sprint now has the HTC Evo 4G!

AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are all pressed.
    The silly iPhone with its silly 3G :laugh:

But on a serious note I think the Evo will seriously outdo the Apple iPhone. Other than the fact that its 4G, you can use it to become a Sprint Mobile Hotspot for up to four Wi-Fi enabled devices. It runs Android 2.1 so it has access to the full array of Apps avaliable for Android phones. You can also store HD movies and connect the device to and HDTV and playback said movies. This is also the first phone to make video chat possible.

Not to mention that 4G speed is 10x faster than 3G (at its best).

Discuss...

The iPhone is officially late and tired

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are all pressed.
    That's because the 4G network infrastructure is still in its early implementation stages.

It runs Android 2.1 so it has access to the full array of Apps avaliable for Android phone.
    "Full array" meaning under 15,000 apps whereas the App Store has 200,000. Doesn't 'outdo' the iPhone there, and it won't so soon, either.

Not to mention that 4G speed is 10x faster than 3G.
    Actually, it's supposed to be about 3x faster, 5 if you're lucky. However, like I said before, since 4G is still in its early implementation stages, you're lucky to even get 4G coverage at this stage.
    Plus, current speed tests show that the 4G network is almost on par with 3G, averaging almost 3 kbps. That's no way in hell '10x faster'.

Funny how bashing the iPhone has become the new cool thing to do.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well... good luck with that considering the new iPhone 4G is expected to be released later this month at the WWDC, like every early module beforehand.

But thanks for giving me a good chuckle. The silly FreakyLocz14 with its silly threads. :laugh:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Can't I just get a phone that has buttons and a speaker and nothing else? I don't want a fancy screen or internet or all that crap, I have a laptop. All I really want to be able to do is make phone calls without navigating someone's horrible idea of an interface.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Can't I just get a phone that has buttons and a speaker and nothing else? I don't want a fancy screen or internet or all that crap, I have a laptop. All I really want to be able to do is make phone calls without navigating someone's horrible idea of an interface.
    I agree, despite being an owner of an iPhone. Phones seem to be trying to outdo eachother, adding more and more features because they think that phones are supposed to be these types of entertainment centers on the go. While I think that's a good thing, for the most part, I also think that that's kind of silly how they have to keep adding so many features, that ultimately lead to killing battery life.

I don't take advantage of the app store or anything like that at all. Unless you count Twitter for iPhone and Facebook for iPhone. The main features I take advantage of is the camera, phone, MMS, and iPod. That's all I really need on the go.

Zet

Years
    "Full array" meaning under 15,000 apps whereas the App Store has 200,000. Doesn't 'outdo' the iPhone there, and it won't so soon, either.

And at least 100,000 of them do the same thing.

Though seeing as how Android is still a little young, Apple is going to find more improvements for their 4G iphone and topple Android.
    Oh and before I forget, the iphone won't be limited to AT&T users any more soon. So yeah, not seeing how the iphone is going to die any time soon.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years

Typically, when a company walks around acting like the king of the world, mainly when it's not, it gets bashed a lot. Makes sense to me anyway.

Also, my big question is, will the phone support Android 2.2

Android 2.2 will support Flash, giving everyone this nice solid reason not to use an iPhone. I am very interested to see how Apple plans to handle that one.

Also, I can't imagine 15,000 apps being too little for me. I think the quality of many Apple Apps is questionable.

Things to consider:
    Are some duplicates or plain inferior to another app on the store?
    Are some very random that only very specific audiences would ever feel the need to get?
    Are some a generic time waster?

I agree, despite being an owner of an iPhone. Phones seem to be trying to outdo eachother, adding more and more features because they think that phones are supposed to be these types of entertainment centers on the go. While I think that's a good thing, for the most part, I also think that that's kind of silly how they have to keep adding so many features, that ultimately lead to killing battery life.

Hey, we time wasting, lifeless geeks love this stuff.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Typically, when a company walks around acting like the king of the world, it gets bashed a lot. Makes sense to me anyway
    That's because they are. The iPhone's had momentum like no other, and it's remained as the king of mobile browsing.

I think the quality of many Apple Apps is questionable.
    Same can be said for the Android marketplace; especially seeing as it's a no-restrictions market compared to Apple's.

Things to consider:
    Are some duplicates or plain inferior to another app on the store?
    Are some very random that only very specific audiences would ever feel the need to get?
    Are some a generic time waster?
    Trying to see how many categories an Application market can fill is probably not the best indicator of said market's quality. This kind of thing is usually measured through developer incentive and customer response to said incentive.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Well... good luck with that considering the new iPhone 4G is expected to be released later this month at the WWDC, like every early module beforehand.

But thanks for giving me a good chuckle. The silly FreakyLocz14 with its silly threads. :laugh:

The new iPhone has been confirmed NOT to be 4G.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    so the iPhone 4G is not in fact a 4G phone?

The last I've heard it's not 4G. Only AT&T can sell the iPhone and they do not have a 4G network.
    The "4G" aspect is mere specualtion. The phone is officially called the iPhone HD not the iPhone 4G.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
    The last I've heard it's not 4G. Only AT&T can sell the iPhone and they do not have a 4G network.
    The "4G" aspect is mere specualtion. The phone is officially called the iPhone HD not the iPhone 4G.

If you read my previous post before last and have been keeping up with the news you would know that Apple will soon be with more providers seeing as how their partnership or w/e they have is coming to end soon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    The phone is officially called the iPhone HD not the iPhone 4G.

The phone's not officially called anything. Apple has not announced it yet.

The '4G' moniker is just to emphasize the fact that it is a successor the the iPhone 3G(S). There is no official name as of yet.

And Zet, I wouldn't bet on seeing the iPhone outside of AT&T any soon. Possibilities of other carriers offering the iPhone are resonating rumors from Verizon's false-positive 'celebration' back in January before the iPad launched.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    All the reviews I've seen of the HTC Evo have been saying yes, it's nice, but it is not in any way superior to the iPhone.

4G, while a decent speed increase, is not worth the toll it takes on battery life at the current time. 3G batteries are strained as it is, 4G is even worse.

The screen size is too big, imo. There's a reason all the touch screen phones seem to be at or around the iPhone's size. Because it works well.

Now android is a good system, and I simply prefer the iPhones OS.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If you read my previous post before last and have been keeping up with the news you would know that Apple will soon be with more providers seeing as how their partnership or w/e they have is coming to end soon.

AT&T can renew their agreement to be the exclusive dealer of the iPhone in the U.S. and I feel they will do so. That's something AT&T won't let itself lose over its figurative dead body.

And I stand corrected that there is no official name for the new iPhone but I still would like emphasize that there has also been no confirmation that the new device is indeed 4G.

Zet

Years
    AT&T can renew their agreement to be the exclusive dealer of the iPhone in the U.S. and I feel they will do so. That's something AT&T won't let itself lose over its figurative dead body.

And I stand corrected that there is no official name for the new iPhone but I still would like emphasize that there has also been no confirmation that the new device is indeed 4G.

Apple doesn't want to renew the agreement.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Funny how Apple fanboys go nuts whenever anyone so much as criticizes them. Is it so hard to believe that some people are just sick of their crap? It's not like I'm telling you to stop using their products if you like them. I just refuse to associate with them. I don't get why Apple fanboys get so pissed about that. It's like they're taking it personally or something.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    You don't have to limit yourself with the standard iPhone OS, though; some guy on InsanelyMac made a custom bootloader and device extensions so Android can run on the iPhone hardware.

And yeah, Apple doesn't want to renew the agreement. Given that the iPhone is undoubtedly one of the biggest phones on the market (if you dispute it, look it up), obviously Apple is interested in increasing their market share, and other networks like Verizon would be a primary target for iPhones. Besides, there are many rumors of a CDMA iPhone being in the works.

Also, there's the recent confirmation of video calling being a reality on the iPhone 4G.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Funny how Apple fanboys go nuts whenever anyone so much as criticizes them. Is it so hard to believe that some people are just sick of their crap? It's not like I'm telling you to stop using their products if you like them. I just refuse to associate with them. I don't get why Apple fanboys get so pissed about that. It's like they're taking it personally or something.

Yeah, Apple fanboys are very peculiar human beings...

I don't mind opinions, but only when they're well-founded and reasonable - not stuff like 'iPhone's gonna die because it haz no 4G'.

And also hypocritical stuff like people calling the developer environments a piece of trash when they're not even a developer themselves.
    The original post isn't criticism, it's just a shallow, unintelligent attempt at making a point. You don't see me go "lol apple is the future guys everything else sux"

Want me to call whine-one-one? Take it easy. Nobody's telling you to 'associate' with anything. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Yeah, Apple fanboys are very peculiar human beings...

I don't mind opinions, but only when they're well-founded and reasonable - not stuff like 'iPhone's gonna die because it haz no 4G'.

And also hypocritical stuff like people calling the developer environments a piece of trash when they're not even a developer themselves.

Want me to call whine-one-one? Take it easy. Nobody's telling you to 'associate' with anything. :P
    That's why I'm no longer an Apple fanboy. Ever since Apple's focus moved from computing (the area of Apple I'm most interested in) to the phone industry (more meh-ish), I've dropped my fanboy status. Although I get along with fanboys rather well, I'm not afraid to say that Apple has flaws in their marketing tactics. This is why I'm an avid supporter of jailbreaking and Hackintoshing, because their products are good, but their totalitarian control of the user interface isn't.

Back