• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The iPhone is officially late and tired

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    That's why I'm no longer an Apple fanboy. Ever since Apple's focus moved from computing (the area of Apple I'm most interested in) to the phone industry (more meh-ish), I've dropped my fanboy status. Although I get along with fanboys rather well, I'm not afraid to say that Apple has flaws in their marketing tactics. This is why I'm an avid supporter of jailbreaking and Hackintoshing, because their products are good, but their totalitarian control of the user interface isn't.

I'm not even going to begin on the massive amounts of irony in that post.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    That's why I'm no longer an Apple fanboy. Ever since Apple's focus moved from computing (the area of Apple I'm most interested in) to the phone industry (more meh-ish), I've dropped my fanboy status. Although I get along with fanboys rather well, I'm not afraid to say that Apple has flaws in their marketing tactics. This is why I'm an avid supporter of jailbreaking and Hackintoshing, because their products are good, but their totalitarian control of the user interface isn't.

I find myself with new respect for you, despite having originally, silently mind you, having assumed you to be an apple fanboy. (It's the name. x3)

Funny how Apple fanboys go nuts whenever anyone so much as criticizes them. Is it so hard to believe that some people are just sick of their crap?

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Funny how Apple fanboys go nuts whenever anyone so much as criticizes them. Is it so hard to believe that some people are just sick of their crap? It's not like I'm telling you to stop using their products if you like them. I just refuse to associate with them. I don't get why Apple fanboys get so pissed about that. It's like they're taking it personally or something.
    I don't understand. It's always Apple fanboys who get criticized for their responses to people who criticize Apple, but fanboys of all kind do that - not just Apple fanboys.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm not even going to begin on the massive amounts of irony in that post.

If it's the name, I've been using this handle since 2006. That was a year before the iPhone came out, and even though I'm not a fanboy anymore, I like the name a lot not to mention that 2006 was when I began joining a bunch of places under this moniker and it'd be too annoying to update every name/

Years
    LOL! The advert above this post is a advert for iPhone cases! How ironic! XD

Anywho, The HTC is cool. My phone contract will be up in a few months, so I will have to see which I will get. But I think the HTC might be winning so far.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    LOL! The advert above this post is a advert for iPhone cases! How ironic! XD

Anywho, The HTC is cool. My phone contract will be up in a few months, so I will have to see which I will get. But I think the HTC might be winning so far.

By then we should know what the new iPhone is and whether or not it is 4G capable.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    By then we should know what the new iPhone is and whether or not it is 4G capable.
    For some reason that seems to be worrying you.

It's not going to make any difference. The 4G network still has a long way to go.

And yes, this Monday is when WWDC kicks off - that's when the initial keynote is given.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I don't understand. It's always Apple fanboys who get criticized for their responses to people who criticize Apple, but fanboys of all kind do that - not just Apple fanboys.
    Fanboys of any kind are annoying, but Apple fanboys seem to push it farther than most. Even the most die hard Microsoft fanboy I've ever met doesn't hold Microsoft to the deity-like level that the average Apple fanboy I've met does.

I'm not saying anyone in this thread comes off like that. Still, I've told one person (who I didn't know was an Apple fanboy) that I don't use Apple products because there's nothing that Apple has that I really want and he attacked me for being "closed-minded." I linked him to this (nsfw) and he started whining about those guys being closed-minded until I told him that both creators use Apple products.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    This is annoying. People criticising a phone before it's even out.. XD;

I'm an Apple fanboy. I always have been. Apple always make sure that all their products are extremley well made and they always have been. That's why the iPhone is seen as a awesome device among many (please don't try and say it's not because I know a lot of people who own iPhones and 99.9% of them do not regret getting one.) Oh, and the touch screen is the best I've ever used. Period.

Oh, and all this 4G you're talking about.. urmm, so what? XD; so the HTC came out before the iPhone. And? I know myself that I'll rather get an iPhone because an iPhone is an iPhone. Also, what are you talking about - 10x faster? You'll struggle to get 4x faster at most. To me, the iPhone is awesome. I like the fact that the apps are limited - it just means that we get less crap in the app store (granted, there's still crap but not as much as Andriod. Seriously, check it!)

Also, whoever noted that Flash was coming on Android was a good thing should look at battery times.. XD;

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    This is the kind of person I was just talking about. A self-acclaimed "Apple fanboy" that doesn't even know why the like the product they like. "I'd rather get an iPhone because an iPhone is an iPhone." Just buying something simply because of the branding. These are the people that get overly defensive whenever someone says something even slightly critical of their favorite product. I highly doubt this person has ever used an Android-based phone aside from perhaps looking at someone elses' and yet they feel qualified to claim that "Apple's app store has less crap" (coincidentally, I can find about 50 variations on a fart app in Apple's app store). And being critical of Flash because it's "bad for batteries?" More likely than not, the user will be given the option as to whether they want to play Flash content, and even if that doesn't happen, it's easier to block Flash on a device that has it enabled than to enable it on a device that doesn't support it. I have no problem with people that like Apple's products, but it's pretty clear this person hasn't used any competing products.
    I am an Apple fanboy, what of it? I like Apple and the way they make their devices.

When I said I would rather get an iPhone because it's an iPhone, I didn't mean the branding, I meant that I'd used it countless times in the past and I find it to be better than any other phone I've used.

I didn't get defensive of any Apple deivces.. I was simple stating the facts. Also, if you think you're so smart as to state that I don't own an Android device, then you're wrong. I use my dad's HTC Here - which is an Android based phone - more than I use mine.

Yeah, Apple's app store does have less crap. If you state that I've never used an Android based deivce (which you are wrong by doing so) then how do I know that you haven't looked through the App store frequently enough? I did state in my original post that there are some exceptions to the above notion. In fact, I had the exact same example in mind when writing this. But the thing is, Apple still let people be free enough for apps like that to ba passed through. Like said above - the app store has reached over 200000 apps while Android still has 15000. Apple's apps are better because they do go through a filtering system so most of the crap can get filtered out. Simple enough.

Yes, Flash does kill the battery life of mobile devices. It was proven by Google themselves and that's why they gave the option to turn it off.

lol at this last sentence. I'll take your word for it then. ;D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020

I am an Apple fanboy, what of it? I like Apple and the way they make their devices.

When I said I would rather get an iPhone because it's an iPhone, I didn't mean the branding, I meant that I'd used it countless times in the past and I find it to be better than any other phone I've used.

I didn't get defensive of any Apple deivces.. I was simple stating the facts. Also, if you think you're so smart as to state that I don't own an Android device, then you're wrong. I use my dad's HTC Here - which is an Android based phone - more than I use mine.

Yeah, Apple's app store does have less crap. If you state that I've never used an Android based deivce (which you are wrong by doing so) then how do I know that you haven't looked through the App store frequently enough? I did state in my original post that there are some exceptions to the above notion. In fact, I had the exact same example in mind when writing this. But the thing is, Apple still let people be free enough for apps like that to ba passed through. Like said above - the app store has reached over 200000 apps while Android still has 15000. Apple's apps are better because they do go through a filtering system so most of the crap can get filtered out. Simple enough.

Yes, Flash does kill the battery life of mobile devices. It was proven by Google themselves and that's why they gave the option to turn it off.

lol at this last sentence. I'll take your word for it then. ;D

Uhh.... the App Store's over 10x bigger than the Android Marketplace. It's bound to have more crap, even with the so-called 'filtering system' - which it isn't.

The App Store Approval Process was not made to 'filter out crap'. It was to ensure that all applications were consistent in regards to the iPhone Human Interface Guidelines as well as following conventions set by the development frameworks (Cocoa Touch and Foundation).

Years
    Can't I just get a phone that has buttons and a speaker and nothing else? I don't want a fancy screen or internet or all that crap, I have a laptop.

I second this notion. I can't even find a phone to replace my 6-year old flip phone (which has just recently started acting like it's going to die soon) that isn't a pay-as-you go that isn't a smart phone. Some of us rarely even use text messages, and phone internet is much more painful to deal with than stopping at a free WiFi hotspot to use my laptop.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I second this notion. I can't even find a phone to replace my 6-year old flip phone (which has just recently started acting like it's going to die soon) that isn't a pay-as-you go that isn't a smart phone. Some of us rarely even use text messages, and phone internet is much more painful to deal with than stopping at a free WiFi hotspot to use my laptop.

You could always buy a prepaid then activate it on a normal plan.

Zet

Years
    Because Apple fanboys are like the God Tier of people who get butthurt and can't win any arguments and have no intelligence at all to use another OS. For example here's an Apple fanboy who tried out Steam and didn't know what he was doing despite all the insanely huge images of what to do and what's happening.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Because Apple fanboys are like the God Tier of people who get butthurt and can't win any arguments and have no intelligence at all to use another OS. For example here's an Apple fanboy who tried out Mac and didn't know what he was doing despite all the insanely huge images of what to do and what's happening.

That's not a fanboy, that's a dumbass.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Because Apple fanboys are like the God Tier of people who get butthurt and can't win any arguments and have no intelligence at all to use another OS. For example here's an Apple fanboy who tried out Mac and didn't know what he was doing despite all the insanely huge images of what to do and what's happening.

Oh god, oh god I laughed so hard. Only a stereotypical Mac user would call clicking a non-broken link to a download as opposed to a broken one a hack. I haven't seen something that amusing in the Mac vs PC scene for ages. Somehow I knew Steam on Mac would produce lulz

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'd rather not, since I have a ton of contacts on my current SIM card and that's more hassle than I should have to go through just to get a simple phone.

EDIT: That guy was trolling us all, just so you know.

I'm sure you could keep your current SIM. I know AT&T will let you use any phone they have on either prepaid or postpaid. You just have to pay full price for prepaid. Just see what free phones they have for a new 2-year or upgrade. The free ones tend to be pretty basic.

Back