• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    you do realize there are real world countries in the pokemon world. They have mentioned South America in the games and the anime. I believe they also mentioned Antarctica.

Proof? And simply taking the name of an area and naming something in a fictional piece does not make it the same thing. I can take China and rename it The United States of America. I can have Australia be called Soviet Russia. Catchin' my drift here?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I think they have also mentioned New Jersey in The first movie. While Ash Misty and Broke are on the speed boat with team rocket dressed like vikings going to Mewtwo's island.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Proof? And simply taking the name of an area and naming something in a fictional piece does not make it the same thing. I can take China and rename it The United States of America. I can have Australia be called Soviet Russia. Catchin' my drift here?
    South America is mentioned at the beginning of the first movie and it is mentioned in Cinnabar Mansion on RGBY FRLG.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Hmmm.... right you are. Not to make an argument with my following statement but: Is this just in the US version? What was the original Japanese version?

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    True.. Then I'm afraid Pokemon has several generations left... They have yet to introduce this "America." I feel these are simply minor details that Gamefreak and Nintendo are going to overlook however. And If you knew this piece of info, why didn't you just present it as your argument earlier?

Lt. Surge = From America
    America=/=Isshu

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I think it may be America now. Look at the new scans.

areas very in the game you get. 1 looks futuristic and the other looks like stone building which is what Native Americans had.

Oh ya.

The Japan Theroy is now smashed in to pieces.
    and

"Pikachu, I don't think we are in Japan any more........."

Last edited:

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Well, considering rocky's arguments, I doubt it'd be America now. There'd be no reason to call it Isshu if it was since they've already stated a gym leader was from this so-called "America."

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Just a thought: with Hoenn's real world representative, was there a dessert in the same area? What other region features do their real world counterparts also have?

Years
    Just a thought: with Hoenn's real world representative, was there a dessert in the same area? What other region features do their real world counterparts also have?
    I found this Bulbapedia page interesting.

I agree with the Isshu region being based off New York. Hiun City, the shape of Isshu, and another Route 1 just do it for me.

And about America already being mentioned in the games, it's not like they can't retcon that. Isshu isn't even America, technically it's only a part of America if it's based off New York.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I found this Bulbapedia page interesting.

I agree with the Isshu region being based off New York. Hiun City, the shape of Isshu, and another Route 1 just do it for me.

And about America already being mentioned in the games, it's not like they can't retcon that. Isshu isn't even America, technically it's only a part of America if it's based off New York.
    Brilliant, thanks Kirb.

What I was thinking with that question, was, say the feature-similarities weren't abundant: outline does match New York, but some features don't exactly match up. Which makes Isshu interesting.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    True.. Then I'm afraid Pokemon has several generations left... They have yet to introduce this "America." I feel these are simply minor details that Gamefreak and Nintendo are going to overlook however. And If you knew this piece of info, why didn't you just present it as your argument earlier?

Lt. Surge = From America
    America=/=Isshu

Lt. Surge lives in Kanto but it doesnt mean he is from there. Isshu is seeming more and more like America. Heck the American pokemon (wooguru) is native there.

Well, considering rocky's arguments, I doubt it'd be America now. There'd be no reason to call it Isshu if it was since they've already stated a gym leader was from this so-called "America."

It seems like "Regions" and "Countries" could be different in the Pokemon World. Kanto and Johto are Regions but they are part of the Country of Japan.

America could be a country in the pokemon world with the region of Isshu inside of it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I don't get why people are saying Kanto and Johto are part of Japan in game. They do resemble their real life counterparts a lot, however that doesn't mean they make up the same country (and overall landmass shape) as the real world.

America (Lt Surge) was probably mentioned simply for the stereotype of his character, saying he was from [insert another place in Pokéworld] would have been meaningless.

Fantina is stereotypically French in the anime, but I really doubt we'll be getting a french region any time soon.

Therefore I still think that Isshu is NOT America. It has influences from lots of different places, just like the other regions.

-----

Interestingly, LaRousse City (From the Deoxys movie) is based on Vancouver. However it is situated north of Hoenn, not far far away in 'America'.

Last edited:
    Back