• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Oh come on? Was my whole THIS LOOKS LIKE SYDNEY idea completely ignored?

IT HAS JUST AS MUCH RIGHT TO BE SYDNEY AS IT DOES TO BE NEW YORK OR AMERICA OR WHEREVER ELSE ;-; SYDNEY HAS THE RIGHT TOPOGRAPHY, WHICH NO OTHER AREA STATED HAS SO FAR.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Oh come on? Was my whole THIS LOOKS LIKE SYDNEY idea completely ignored?

IT HAS JUST AS MUCH RIGHT TO BE SYDNEY AS IT DOES TO BE NEW YORK OR AMERICA OR WHEREVER ELSE ;-; SYDNEY HAS THE RIGHT TOPOGRAPHY, WHICH NO OTHER AREA STATED HAS SO FAR.

Dude chill out. No need to get frustrated over this stuff. Anyways, how does Sydney have the right topography? I just looked thorough Google Earth and I disagree.

I will say that now Shanghai is on MY list of possible areas Isshu is based off of. (U.S, Shanghai, Hiroshima area) But then again we'll just need to wait and see.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    The Hiroshima area is close to Johto and it Japan though (makes confused face)

I posted some information on it a few pages back. Take a look at it.

Yeah it is part of Japan but like many have said on here we don't know how all the regions are placed in the pokemon world. Isshu could be based off of it and be placed away from the other regions, we just don't know...

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    and here is a chinese eagle
    The Isshu Region

looks just like Wooguru

It really doesn't. Wooguru has an Indian headdress. Wooguru has white feathers on it's face and some on it's head, supporting bald eagle theory. I really don't see how one can deny that.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    It really doesn't. Wooguru has an Indian headdress. Wooguru has white feathers on it's face and some on it's head, supporting bald eagle theory. I really don't see how one can deny that.

No one calls Indians by that anymore, their proper name is Native American. Non Americans might get confused if you say Indian.

And Wooguru is obviously a bald eagle as you said.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Also, as I said in the route thread, dialog could change this. What if someone were to refer to Hiun as "the big apple"? That changes things.

I'm not sure whether that's likely, since Pokemon seems to be more...subtle, rather than anything.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years

I'm not sure whether that's likely, since Pokemon seems to be more...subtle, rather than anything.

Perhaps they will refer to Hiun City as "The Big Orange"?

[B said:
    Ninja Caterpie[/B]]Oh come on? Was my whole THIS LOOKS LIKE SYDNEY idea completely ignored?

Because Australia's lame :P Isshu is clearly Nunavut. Don't push your luck.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...Surprisingly that's what I thought. XD;

Though I don't think the city in-game looks like an orange which could confuse children D:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Image proof then.

The Isshu Region

As you can see by the picture I've just posted, there are two main rivers, and, get this, look at the stuff at the top, left and right sides of the image. MOUNTAINS. Closer to Isshu than New York City, I think. Also, you might notice there's a funny blue splot thing in the middle of the map. That's Prospect Reservoir, in the exact same place as Pokeball Lake in Isshu. I'll admit, the shape of the area between the Parramatta and Georges Rivers is shaped a bit more like a hammer than a rectangle, but the area's shape is always altered when turned into a Pokemon region.

So, how's it with the evidence for Sydney = Isshu? New York has the shape, Shanghai has the city size and landmarks, Sydney has the topography. I've absolutely no idea where that Nunavut argument came from.

I was only kidding around at first, when I said Sydney, but now, I'm quite serious. You could say that I've been convinced by my own evidence.

So, how many is that now? New York, Shanghai, Hiroshima, Sydney, Nunavat.

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Image proof then.

Spoiler:

As you can see by the picture I've just posted, there are two main rivers, and, get this, look at the stuff at the top, left and right sides of the image. MOUNTAINS. Closer to Isshu than New York City, I think. Also, you might notice there's a funny blue splot thing in the middle of the map. That's Prospect Reservoir, in the exact same place as Pokeball Lake in Isshu. I'll admit, the shape of the area between the Parramatta and Georges Rivers is shaped a bit more like a hammer than a rectangle, but the area's shape is always altered when turned into a Pokemon region.

So, how's it with the evidence for Sydney = Isshu? New York has the shape, Shanghai has the city size and landmarks, Sydney has the topography. I've absolutely no idea where that Nunavut argument came from.

I was only kidding around at first, when I said Sydney, but now, I'm quite serious. You could say that I've been convinced by my own evidence.

So, how many is that now? New York, Shanghai, Hiroshima, Sydney, Nunavat.

I think you're just joking, but anyway: Sydney isn't built up as much as Huin City. And I can't even see what part of that map you're talking about...

Years
    I'm not sure what all the fuss about that bridge in Shanghai is. Lots of bridges have spiral ends, like this one:

Spoiler:

I admit I thought Isshu was based on NYC when I first saw it because Hiun City is placed right where the big skyscrapers would be and the similar shapes. It can see how it could be based on Shanghai, though the map looks a bit like both. The only thing that gets me is that in terms of geography the last two regions (Hoenn and Sinnoh) don't just resemble the places they're based on, they're close to identical. Shanghai is on a triangular piece of land and I don't have any reason to think that the game creators are going to pick this moment to so drastically change the shape of the real-world place that's the basis for this region. They might, but it would be a break from what they've done in the past.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I just wanted to point out that a "possible" Isshu = US hint is the Liberty Ticket that will be obtained through Wi-Fi in order to obtain the new legendary Victini on Black and White. I'm not saying anything major, it could just be a subtle hint though.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    for all the non believers out there

isshu has two small islands to the bottom left of the screen and several others to the bottom right.

in the new york picture there are two islands to the left and liberty island to the right.

it's not an exact match but hey, neither are the rest of the regions.
    plus the new liberty ticket event was just announced.
    liberty ticket=boat ride to liberty island????

now does shanghai have islands in the same location?
    no, i didn't think so.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    On the liberty ticket, there is a picture of a lighthouse. although i dont care where it is, it could lead to "Liberty Island", another hint at NYC.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Bikutini is shown using the peace sign (two fingers in the shape of a 'V'), V was broadcast in morse code from the liberty statue on D-Day and at the end of WW2. - it is a big coincidence.
    but note also that the peace sign is a common gesture in Japan.

Back