• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I hate how everyone thinks of NYC when they think of New York...
    There's LOTS more to New York than just NYC!

And who really knows? Isshu could be based off any city. What if it's Rocchester or Poughkeepsie or something? =D
    The "ghetto" on the map = Poughkeepsie. xD

Years
    I don't think it's based on New York, I'm sure it is based on the area around shanghai, look at google maps an zoom on shanghai: two rivers surrounding the city and the lake behind the city

Hiun City really looks like New York, but the Isshu like Shanghai

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Isshu? No it's not based on New York, but Hiun City more than likely is. Still, the region will more than likely still have more influences from regions or prefectures in Japan than anything else.

Isshu will not be based of of New York, Hiun City more than likely will. I do think Isshu will have some influences from certain parts of the world, but more than likely it's definitely going to be more influenced from regions and prefectures in Japan than by....New York.

Soo...Isshu's geography is based on the Hudson River Delta?

It'd be smaller physically than any other region, but it's definitely a lot more urbanized and populated. Sounds like fun. :D

Is that even the real map of Isshu..or just fan made? Doesn't look real to me. Edit: Never mind...I just got on and didn't know about the leaks..I take back my words :D.

First of all, I'd like topoint out that Orre was based on the arizona desert.
    Don't belive me? Just cheak the tip to the gulf of california on Google Maps.

Also, Nintendo did say that it was very far away from the other regions, that would imply the US all togather.
    Since you can get to it from bouat, i'm thinking San Fransisco?
    The lake in the middle wouldn't say that, But the island and briges are some good hints.

That doesn't mean that it will be in the US. You forget just because Hiun City has the huge skyline doesn't mean that it is automatically based off of New York (or NYC). Vancouver and Hong Kong could also have influenced it.

Very far away from Japan could mean anything, not just the US. Europe, Africa, Western Asia, South Asia, and South America.

as long as americans dont get cocky about it, i dont mind.
    @dieter57 no one in japan really care about that area. atleast all the stories i hear are from those regions that have already been done, other than shikoku, although its partly included. changing to a differant country wasnt a bad idea.

I don't see why anyone would feel special for having a pokemon game based off of their country or region. "Ohh look Isshu is based off of America"...."so who gives a f*ck it's just a pokemon game". I prefer if Isshu was based off of another region in Japan or East/Southeast Asia instead.

Last edited:

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    As someone who lives in New York City; I giggled. That's actually really cool. I hope it's based off of the city.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Yeah it really does look like NYC. I used Photoshop and Google Maps. It's a little hard to see but look closely.

I was ready to just say "nah, I doubt it," until I saw the picture you attached. Now I think that's a very likely possibility. We all knew they would run out of interesting Japanese geography eventually. :P

Last edited:

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    But Shanghai's city centre Pudong was surrounded by a river not what seems to be a ocean here.... =/

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Out of everything, it does look like New York the most. I've looked at Shangai and the area in Russia, but New York is easily the closest looking shape wise.

kay3o

B)
    Years
    Well ****,

I'm going to be really disappointed if this is really based of New York. It's a Pokemon game, they've always been set somewhere in Japan, not America.

And I really hope this isn't the beginning to Americanise the game..

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well ****,

I'm going to be really disappointed if this is really based of New York. It's a Pokemon game, they've always been set somewhere in Japan, not America.

And I really hope this isn't the beginning to Americanise the game..
    I sure hope not I might be American but I still like the culture to be from else where!

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I wouldn't mind this game being set in America, especially since it already seems very interesting.
    (Honeycomb Dungeon, anyone?)

But I don't want this to become a trend. If it's not going to be set in Japan it should be set somewhere completely different every time, not just America.

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    After looking at the pictures on here and all, I must agree that it looks a lot like the Manhattan area. I guess I'm both excited and a little disappointed. I wanted the region to remain in Japan, but it is nice that the pokemon world is expanding. At least now I get to take a pretend trip to New York.

as long as americans dont get cocky about it, i dont mind.
    Yep. Us cocky Americans. We're gonna make sure everybody knows that we gots a pokemon game region from our country.
    Some people will get cocky about that fact, but I don't think too many people will because 1. there aren't that many people who play or play and tell other people (at least where I live) and 2. Those people that do announce it aren't smart enough or don't care about where the region is so they won't know. I think the only time I would be even somewhat cocky is if the region was set right where I live (aka my house/yard would be in the region).

I hate how everyone thinks of NYC when they think of New York...
    There's LOTS more to New York than just NYC!
    Sorry about that; I've never been to New York and have never really looked at it's cities on a map. But to be fair, what do you think of when you hear Georgia? Atlanta maybe (or Savannah sometimes). I think Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Brooks (aka home). We're not trying to ignore the rest of New York; we just don't know it.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah Saffron City was based on Tokyo. At least, that's what I've heard.

Anyway, if Isshu was based on New York then that would make it extremley small and compact for a whole region. Maybe different parts are based from different cities in America?

Also, when are they gonna make a region based on England D:

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Can this be another possiblity of region location?
    This is the northern part of Honshu island in Japan. Turn the picture 180deg and you can see three peninsulas. And the locations of the lakes are similars to the Isshu's lake-like locations.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I don't think it is based off New York. I admit it is a sound argument but after looking at Google Earth the only resemblance to Isshu I see is the city. At the moment I am leaning towards Yantai. Look up the Port of Yantai on Google Earth on the Bohai Sea in the vicinity of Yantai, Shandong, People's Republic of China. I am looking at it from the West towards the East. Although I am not completely convinced, it is a possibility... thoughts?

Back