• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kanto Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Down with darkness, if you really don't want Piplup, my character will openly take him if you wanted. That only will happen after you catch another Pokemon to raise.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    Character Name: Owentha "Owe" Ariance
    Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil
    Pokemon Nickname: Edan

Personality: Owentha has a very confident, yet clumsy type of personality. She believes in herself, in which everyone should, although her confidence most of the time leads to her downfall. Owe, as most of her friends and family call her, is pretty much your normal teenage girl with some twists and turns that she typically puts herself into a lot. Owe enjoys walks along the beach, exploring the deep reaches of the woods, and climbing some of the highest mountains. She loves to be outdoors, but does her fair share of reading by a cozy fire when it's storming or cold out.

Owe's friends would probably describe her as being a bit of a klutz, as she tends to fall flat on her face even when there isn't anything that could've possibly caused her to trip. She has been known to lose things fairly easily as well, but it doesn't take her too long to retrieve it. Owe is also a vegetarian, and does somewhat hold a grudge against people that choose to eat meat, but she won't outright tell them that they're wrong for what they're doing. She also enjoys debates, and was apart of the school debate club when she was younger. Owe has also been fairly active in the community, a trait she inherited from her mother, who was awarded many times for her intelligence and work with the environment.

Overall, Owe is a quirky character, who simply enjoys life and glides wherever the wind takes her, despite her unfortunate faults.

Appearance: Owentha has a bright, glowing tan face with a head full of "afro-ish", curly brown hair. She gets many compliments for her hairstyle, as it is usually typically seen on darker complexions but somehow she has also inherited this trait. From head to toe, her height has been measured to be 5'10," making her very tall for her age and over average for females. Owe has hazel eyes although they usually appear brown in dark lighting, and a bright, shiny pearly white smile. She also has a birth mark on her right foot, which she loves to show to people considering that the birth mark kind of resembles a heart shape.

Owe's clothing style typically consists of a black camisole, with a hot pink jacket to cover her arms, but she usually takes the jacket off when it's warm outside. Her lower attire is a blue jean miniskirt with a somewhat large zebra-striped belt to hold them up just in case. For footwear, she has some pink converses with black stars upon them, along with black shoelaces. She wears long, nearly knee-high black socks as well to finish off her footwear attire.

Owe will sometimes wear a necklace with a rubik's cube that is still not finished. She carries it along with her so in her spare time, or whenever she is bored, she can attempt to solve the cube once more.

History
    : Owe was born on July 26th, 1993 in the huge, sprawling metropolis known as Saffron City. Her family consisted of her mother and father, an older sister and a younger sister, who led a typical family life, always participating in family outings and citywide parades and carnivals. Her father is one of the head executives of Silph Co., while her mother worked at a local bakery in their neighborhood towards the outskirts of Saffron City. The bakery wasn't very successful seeing as it was somewhat far out from the downtown area, but it was one of the better bakeries.

Owe's love for nature sprung up after she met a famous explorer that was travelling through the city. He was in town to attend a seminar in which he was to give a speech about his adventures as well as encourage others who also aspire to travel and see the world. Owe convinced her father to take her to the seminar, in which Owe was greatly pleased with what she had learned. Owe's mother didn't particularly like the idea of her middle daughter going off on her own to places that she has never been before, but eventually warmed up to it since it was something all young trainers must do someday.

Just a few days after deciding to travel, Owe's grandmother, who lived in one of the suburbs near Saffron City, became gravely ill, in which the family needed Owe to stick around in case they had to work, and seeing as Owe's younger sister, Francine, was still quite young to be taking care of anyone, it was up to Owe to care for their sick grandmother, prolonging her chances of starting her journey. A few years later, her grandmother became even sicker and passed away, just a few days before Owe's birthday. The death left Owe feeling severely depressed and unenthusiastic about starting the journey.

Eventually, her parents persuaded Owe to stop moping around and go out and travel, in hopes of Owe's spirits being lifted. They didn't want their daughter to sit in the house thinking of her grandmother, even after it had been months since her death, so that practically ordered her to get out of the house. Seeing as Maya had already left to go on a journey of her own, and Francine was old enough to stay home some days on her own, Owe figured it was time for her to go off as well. And that is how her journey began.

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    Day 1

Day 1 - Prof. Oak's lab

What the…?
    Manny thought absentmindedly as he woke up. Usually, he would sleep in until after noon if left alone, but although today no one had come to wake him up he could feel the cold and moist dew still loitering in the air. As his conscience came to him little by little, and his eyes started to shut on him from tiredness as he tried to open them up, he began to become aware of his surroundings. He was in his room, wait… no, definitely this wasn't his room… too cold he was outside. Then he noticed the lack of support for his back, I'm floating?! Suddenly, he yelled out startled "Am I psychic?!" And he lunged towards his right side, floating on the air carried by the cold dew for what seemed to be an eternity… *Splash*.

He had felt an odd strength griping at his wrists and ankles, but he ignored it, and the numbness soon made the feeling of pain go away. How he wished NOW that he hadn't disregarded it at first, as he came out of a small artificial lake to find both Cuco and Pepe (his brother and cousin respectively) kicking the air with their backs on the floor laughing. It was about 4:57am, and Manny had to wake up prematurely to find himself butt-naked on a lake, freezing, and with an Octillery stuck to his ass with its suction cups. The anger made him immediately come out and although he was ready to give them hell, the first sensation he felt outside the water was: "AHHHHHHHHH!!!"… cold.

. . . . . . . . . .

A shower, a 3-on-1 wrestling match (count the Octillery as well), and a bowl of cereal later, Manny realized he wouldn't be able to fall asleep again. "Bastards" he said to himself thinking of the 'Campana con Cosquillas' lock that they used on him. Then he got up and looked out the window, taking a deep breath, and exhaling slowly. "In just a few hours, I'll be officially a Pokémon Trainer like them." Then he looked down to see both Pepe and Cuco helping his dad out with the manual work.

Manny's dad used to be a well-renowned Pokémon breeder back in the day, and supposedly he was also a very strong battler AND a Gym Leader at one point. It was hard for Manny to see him as such though, since in his more mature age now, he appears to live fine with his simple, unglamorous lifestyle as a Pokémon farmer. Sure, Milky brand milk is popular enough to compete against MooMoo milk in the West side of Kanto, but it's more than anything a local product… he could do better if he mechanized… Manny always thought, but he couldn't hold anything against him. By the way, his dad's name is Brock.

Manny checked his watch again. He had already changed to his journey attire, and decided it was time to go when he noticed it was almost time. "Hey, I'm leaving, wish me luck!" he yelled out as he made his way through the living room to the door. "Good luck!" he heard his grandma say as he passed the kitchen… and the delicious smell of chorizo. "Bye!" he said again as he walked out the door. His brother had gotten such a different departure… Manny could still remember his dad giving him tips on every little detail, and his mom was crying in the other room asking her husband why they couldn't wait one more year. Of course he didn't hold this against them though, the shock had become less to his parents by the time Pepe arrived with them, and when Paola left it was almost as bleak as today.

"Wonder why she didn't come," he said in a low voice as he thought about his sister. Cuco had come back to try and make it to the annual tournament, and Pepe was also going to try even though he only had his [damn] Octillery and Tauros. Whatever… I feel bad for Chamu though he thought as he made his way to Prof. Oak's lab.

. . . . . . . . . .

"I'm here to see Professor Oak" Manny told the assistant who had opened the door to usher him in. "I'm here to collect my starter."

"This way please" the assistant then motioned Manny to follow him to where Prof. Oak was. Manny followed the scientist closely looking left and right in awe at the number of books and machinery. "A new trainer has arrived professor." Manny heard his usher say, before noticing a rather young-looking man in a white robe writing in what appeared to be a journal.

"Right!" The professor yelped a bit startled by the assistant's sudden call-out. "Umm, you may leave, thank you" he said as he motioned Manny to go up to him. As the scientist left, Manny made his way up to the professor and stopped before him to be greeted by a long and awkward silence…

"My name is Jose Manuel, but people call me Manny. I came because I want to become a Pokémon Champion…"

"Very good!" Prof. Oak interrupted him, "I can see how determined you are. You'll surely be great someday, have you thought of which Pokémon you want?"

"Umm… not, really" Manny said a bit startled by the question and ashamed of his thoughtlessness.

"Ha ha, no matter!" Prof. Oak said, "Here have this one, I'm sure you guys'll match just fine."

"Thank you!" Manny said excited as he received the Pokéball and ran off to the exit, as he exited the lab though, he noticed a crumbled newspaper on the ground:
    NEWS FLASH:

"A white Pidgey was spotted in the Viridian one day by a passing trainer.

'It was beautiful!' the trainer told us. 'Its wings were icy white and its beak and feet were golden yellow. I tried fighting it with my Pokemon but unbelievingly, the Pidgey took them down easily.' The trainer also had told us that after it flew off, he noticed that the branch it perched on was covered in ice.

Is this a new breed of Pokemon that we do not know about? If you've seen this Ice Pidgey, please contact nearby authorities because it is believed to be dangerous."

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Day 1: Pallet Town Arrival!
    A cool sea breeze rolled in from the south and straight up through Pallet Town, the water was calm and the day was clear. One single motorboat was making its way to the shoreline at a breakneck pace, it stopped within inches of the sand and spun sideways.

"Here we are, Slate," said an aged man with short brown hair, strewn with a few greys, "Pallet Town, with three days to spare before the Viridian City Tournament. You do know you need at least two Pokémon to enter, right?"

The boy sitting on the other side of the boat, Slate, rose to his feet and smiled, "Don't worry, Rick, I've got plenty of time to catch myself a Pokémon or two and, in the mean time, I've got Treecko here to watch my back." The boy raised a red and white ball in front of his face, "Have a save trip back and tell my dad that we made it here alright, you know how he gets."

"Will do, Slatey-boy," replied the boat owner, Rick, who slowly pulled away from the shoreline and began turning the boat, "Good luck in the tournament."

Slate watch as his friend sailed away, soon becoming nothing more than a black dot in the distance. "Alright," he began, looking down at the Poké Ball that was still in his hand, "Let's go and see the Professor, buddy."

-----

Slate burst through the doors of the lab with no consideration of the Professor's work, disrupting him as the doors banged against the walls. "Hey!" he began, walking briskly over to the Professor's desk, "What's up, Oaky?"

The Professor snarled at Slate, "I only just got those doors since the last time you were here, Slate," he replied, rising to his feet, "Speaking of last time. How is that Treecko I gave you?"

Slate smiled and pulled the Poké Ball off his belt, pressing the small white button in the centre of it and revealing a small green Pokémon in a flash of light. "Treecko, Treecko," it said, stretching its arms wide as it looked up at the Professor.

Oak came in closer for a better look and smiled as he noticed how much stronger Treecko had gotten, "I see you've been training him," said the Professor, returning to his normal stances, "Just like Sere."

Slate nodded, "Like uncle, like nephew. I guess..."

The Professor laughed at Slate's joke and turned back to his desk, "Now, you do know this wasn't just supposed to be a friendly meeting between two friends, right?" asked the Professor, suddenly getting straight down to business.

"Of course, Professor," replied Slate, straightening up as he stepped forward to see what Oak was doing, "What is it that you wanted to tell me."

Professor Oak turned back to Slate with a piece of paper in his hands, "Have you ever heard of... Yagamoto?"

Slate shook his head and looked down at the paper that the Professor was holding, "No, I haven't."

The Professor handed Slate the paper and he quickly began to read it, "What!?" replied Slate, once he was done reading, "This group of people are monsters. All they care about is using Pokémon to take over Kanto."

"That's pretty much it," said the Professor, taking back the piece of paper and placing it on the desk, "Here's the thing," he began, placing a hand on Slate's shoulder, "The Yagamoto group are going to be entering the Viridian City Tournament and-"

"You want me to defeat them!" said Slate, cutting off the Professor.

"No!" replied Oak quickly, "I want you to stay away from them, they're a very dangerous group of people and they won't let anyone get in there way."

"But Professor, Treecko and I could stop these people," returned Slate, a determined look in his eyes, showing that he truly wanted to defeat Yagamoto.

"Do this for Sere," replied Professor Oak calmly, "Would he want you to fight these people?"

Slate hesitated for a second, "No..." he finally replied, his head drooping.

"Good. Now you'd better get going, there's a lot to do before the Tournament," concluded the Professor, smiling as he patted Slate on the back.

Slate nodded and turned to Treecko, "C'mon buddy, let's go." Quietly, the trainer and Pokémon both left the lab. Leaving the Professor by himself with a concerned look on his face.

Last edited:

Foo Fighter

Even in the face of death...
    Years
    Room for one more?

Character Name: Connor Amnes

Experience:/Better
    Starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur
    Pokemon Nickname (optional):
    Personality (one paragraph minimum):Connor is a lighthearted person. He finds it tough to take things seriously in life. Connor likes to crack jokes at inappropriate times and enjoys seeing others laugh. His behavior sometimes goes too far and he finds himself often offending someone who he was just trying to tell a joke to. Due to this Connor often has a testing period when he meets people. He'll introduce a little more of himself slowly until he feels totally comfortable with somebody. Connor can be proud, but he never tries to take himself too seriously, but this sometimes can leave him pondering his decisions in life. In competitions, Connor is way competitive. He enjoys the feeling of winning and usually takes things a bit too far. When this happens Connor simply shakes it off as a joke and then buries the embarrassment inside him. When Connor feels lonely he finds reconcile in Pokemon. They are what keep him so jovial
    Appearance:
    Connor is an averagely sized boy, standing at 5'9. His skin is usually quite tan from working the Great Marsh. His face is rugged and warm. His darkish brown hair curls down just below his eyebrows and covers his ears as well. His eyes are a strikingly vibrant shade of green. He tends to smile a lot, sometimes without even noticing. He wears a darkish green jacket that is almost to big for him. He wears it unzipped with a white T-shirt underneath. He wears loose black jeans that partially cover up his black and white tennis shoes. Most people consider Connor to be "In Shape". He tends to carry himself lightly, often slouching down lazily.

History): Connor grew up in Pastoria city. He moved there from New Bark Town in Johto when he was 7. Connor spent a great deal of his time visiting the great marsh. He enjoyed studying the different animals and wanted to work there when he grew up. The Great marsh's ownere eventually decided to let Connor come and work for him in the Great Marsh. It was there that he got to work with tons of different pokemon hands on. He developed a special connection with a Carnivine who he brought berries for every day. When Connor started his journey he wanted to take Carnivine, but the owner said that he would have to pay for him. Connor decided to settle with Bulbasaur. ALthough he isn't particualry happy with Bulbasaur he is optimistic about their future.

Rp Sample:

Character Name: Connor Amnes

Experience:/Better
    Starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur
    Personality (one paragraph minimum):Connor is a lighthearted person. He finds it tough to take things seriously in life. Connor likes to crack jokes at inappropriate times and enjoys seeing others laugh. His behavior sometimes goes too far and he finds himself often offending someone who he was just trying to tell a joke to. Due to this Connor often has a testing period when he meets people. He'll introduce a little more of himself slowly until he feels totally comfortable with somebody. Connor can be proud, but he never tries to take himself too seriously, but this sometimes can leave him pondering his decisions in life. In competitions, Connor is way competitive. He enjoys the feeling of winning and usually takes things a bit too far. When this happens Connor simply shakes it off as a joke and then buries the embarrassment inside him. When Connor feels lonely he finds reconcile in Pokemon. They are what keep him so jovial
    Appearance:
    Connor is an averagely sized boy, standing at 5'9. His skin is usually quite tan from working the Great Marsh. His face is rugged and warm. His darkish brown hair curls down just below his eyebrows and covers his ears as well. His eyes are a strikingly vibrant shade of green. He tends to smile a lot, sometimes without even noticing. He wears a darkish green jacket that is almost to big for him. He wears it unzipped with a white T-shirt underneath. He wears loose black jeans that partially cover up his black and white tennis shoes. Most people consider Connor to be "In Shape". He tends to carry himself lightly, often slouching down lazily.

History): Connor grew up in Pastoria city. He moved there from New Bark Town in Johto when he was 7. Connor spent a great deal of his time visiting the great marsh. He enjoyed studying the different animals and wanted to work there when he grew up. The Great marsh's ownere eventually decided to let Connor come and work for him in the Great Marsh. It was there that he got to work with tons of different pokemon hands on. He developed a special connection with a Carnivine who he brought berries for every day. When Connor started his journey he wanted to take Carnivine, but the owner said that he would have to pay for him. Connor decided to settle with Bulbasaur. ALthough he isn't particualry happy with Bulbasaur he is optimistic about their future.

Rp Sample: Well I can't figure out spoilers for the life of me. so ill just post this thing without the fancieness
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A cool breeze rushed through the air, filling Connor's nostrils with the heavenly smell of the outdoors. It was early in the morning and you could see dewdrops on the grass and hear small pokemon just beginning to wake up.

Connor closed his eyes and took it all in. "This is it Bulby!" he said, "This is why I wanted to be a trainer!"

The pale blue pokemon only twisted it's head in confusion. "Bul Bulba!" it cried suddenly.

"Wha?" Connor whipped around and saw what it was yelping about. A Beedrill was heading straight for them with its pincer held straight out.

In one quick movement Connor snatched up Bulbasaur and did a dive out of the way of the beserk bug pokemon. THe Beedrill came within inches of Connor's head before circling around again.

Connor smiled. "Can't get the jump on us twice!" he said confidently, "Bulbasaur! Just like we practiced, Vine Whip!"

Bulbasaur nodded and tightened its hold on the ground while forcefully expelling two slender vines. One narrowly missed, but the other caught a tight hold on Beedrill's leg.

"BBBZZZZZ!" The Beedril started fumbling in midair before crashing down hard into the dirt. Connor was grinning ear to ear.

"Now Bulbasaur, tackle hiim while he's down!" Connor said fiercely.

Bulbasaur nodded and began a mad dash at the grounded bug. Things weren't a sure lock though. Using one of its drills the Beedrill cut of the vine attached to its leg and started shooting out several strings of sticky silk at Bulbasaur.

"Ahh! Outta the way! Outta the way!" Connor shrieked.

A look of terror came over Bulbasaurs face before it started releasing several leaves from its bulb, cutting through the silk and allowing Bulbasaur to get a direct hit on Beedrill. BUlbasaur was shocked, partly from the fact of how it had used Razor Leaf and partly from how hard the Beedrill's exoskeleton was. Bulbasaur wobbled a bit before being grabbed by her enthusiastic trainer.

"Ha! We got him Bulbs!" yelled Connor triumphantly. For the first time, Bulbasaur had a smile on her face that could rival her master.
    _-------------------------------------------

Not my best work, but I figure it will do.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    No!!!! Am i too late? I was going to take bulbasaur!

Is it at all possible to join in with another pokemon? Maybe pikachu- I love Riachu. I write alot of fluff and info and I have been searching for a kanto RPG for weeks...

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2017
    Character Name: Kevin
    Experience: Better
    Starter Pokemon: I see I'm too late, but if the leader is mercyful, give me any Pokémon even a Caterpie will do ^^
    Personality:
    Plato: Good afternoon, let me introduce myself. My name is Plato, yes, I am named to the famous, wise man, but you asked me about the personality of my grandson Kevin, hmmm, Kevin sure is a guy you won't find twice, heh. No, Kevin is the only Kevin in this whole, mad world. Kevin is very silence, yes, he doesn't often interupt others and it looks like he doesn't have a tongue. That isn't something he has from me, hehe. Kevin isn't afraid or shy, but he doesn't say anything, when he doesn't have to. I'm proud of my grandson, yes. It's a very strong guy and also very HEADstrong, hahaha.
    Grandma: But he is also a sweetheart.
    Plato: Yes he is. He will do anything to help people and Pokémon. Actually no-one know which he prefers, and I think thats good. Pokémon and people are both worth it. Well thats all about personality I think
    Appearance:
    Plato: Yes, he often comes here, so I know how he looks like, haha, well lets say he looks like he is. His clothes are as silence as himself. Often dark, but not black. His favorite color is blue, so he wears a darkblue jacket. His hair is black, and his eyes are brown. He can look very intimdating to you if you don't know him and if you don't prepare. His shoes are often hidden in his large dark blue jeans. He often wears his capushon (don't know how you spell that).
    History (one paragraph minimum):
    Plato: Yes, his history is one, he is born on the rim of this region, to be exactly in Virdin Town, a town thats so small, that it isn't on the majority of the maps of this region. He grew up with Pokémon. Unfortunately he became an orphan when he was 11 years old. Sincethen he stood here for a while, but I'm to old to raise children, so he went to his aunt and uncle in Viridian City. There he studied a while about Pokémon. He liked this study, but not that long ago he got mailed that he can get a Pokémon.
    RP Example
    Spoiler:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    No!!!! Am i too late? I was going to take bulbasaur!

Is it at all possible to join in with another pokemon? Maybe pikachu- I love Riachu. I write alot of fluff and info and I have been searching for a kanto RPG for weeks...

Character Name: Kevin
    Experience: Better
    Starter Pokemon: I see I'm too late, but if the leader is mercyful, give me any Pokémon even a Caterpie will do ^^
    Personality:
    Plato: Good afternoon, let me introduce myself. My name is Plato, yes, I am named to the famous, wise man, but you asked me about the personality of my grandson Kevin, hmmm, Kevin sure is a guy you won't find twice, heh. No, Kevin is the only Kevin in this whole, mad world. Kevin is very silence, yes, he doesn't often interupt others and it looks like he doesn't have a tongue. That isn't something he has from me, hehe. Kevin isn't afraid or shy, but he doesn't say anything, when he doesn't have to. I'm proud of my grandson, yes. It's a very strong guy and also very HEADstrong, hahaha.
    Grandma: But he is also a sweetheart.
    Plato: Yes he is. He will do anything to help people and Pokémon. Actually no-one know which he prefers, and I think thats good. Pokémon and people are both worth it. Well thats all about personality I think
    Appearance:
    Plato: Yes, he often comes here, so I know how he looks like, haha, well lets say he looks like he is. His clothes are as silence as himself. Often dark, but not black. His favorite color is blue, so he wears a darkblue jacket. His hair is black, and his eyes are brown. He can look very intimdating to you if you don't know him and if you don't prepare. His shoes are often hidden in his large dark blue jeans. He often wears his capushon (don't know how you spell that).
    Plato: Yes, his history is one, he is born on the rim of this region, to be exactly in Virdin Town, a town thats so small, that it isn't on the majority of the maps of this region. He grew up with Pokémon. Unfortunately he became an orphan when he was 11 years old. Sincethen he stood here for a while, but I'm to old to raise children, so he went to his aunt and uncle in Viridian City. There he studied a while about Pokémon. He liked this study, but not that long ago he got mailed that he can get a Pokémon.
    RP Example
    Spoiler:

Sorry, you two were late. :/

Years
    Experience: Rookie/Better: Better
    Age (Between 12-16): 14
    Starter Pokemon (only of the ones above): Torchic
    Pokemon Nickname (optional): Karada
    Personality (one paragraph minimum):
    Appearance (one paragraph minimum):
    Name: Charles Martin

I'll finish the rest once i'm back from school, in abput 7 1/2 hours, k?

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Foo Fighter: ACCEPTED! You may start the RP.

Candy Cristina: ACCEPTED! You may start.

Last edited:

TheAmazingFightingPeanut

Possibly 7 kinds of awesome.
    Years
    I've already PM'd Royal and reserved a spot while I wrote up my application. Sorry it took so long to finish. It does seem kinda lengthy.
    -------

Character Name: Jack Alexander King

Experience: Rookie (Owns his own Pokemon, but inexperienced as a trainer)
    Starter Pokemon: Torchic (female)
    Pokemon Nickname: Willow

Personality:

Jack very much wishes to be seen as a gentleman, like his grandfather taught him to be. He always tries to be polite and generally kind, but seems to have an oddly combative personality. Rudeness and cockiness are the two things that grate on his nerves the most and once he encounters it, Jack feels obliged to fix it, one way or another. In his childhood, he's beaten down as many bullies and snoots as they have him, earning him a reputation as a sort of wild knight among the children he grew up with in Saffron. Needless to say, Jack spent much of his childhood in detention because of this. Jack had many acquaintances in his childhood years, but none became very close friends. Jack is rather easy to please and is quite easily bribed with food, his favorites being most any sort of baked good from freshly baked bread to fancy pastries and cake. He enjoys companionship, but is quite disappointed that none of his childhood friends kept in touch when he moved away to Lavender Town.

Appearance:

Standing at 5'8" with only a modestly muscular frame, Jack isn't the most impressive sight to see in a young man his age. Jack keeps his hair, the color of faded gold, combed back, accentuating a rather impressive forehead. His hair is long enough so that it hangs just above his wide shoulders. His face, cheerful and boyish, but with eyes the color of storm clouds, shows no trace of facial hair. His eyebrows are thick and slightly darker in color than his hair. His skin is pale and seems to burn easily, though it is more likely an inherited trait rather than simply not getting enough sun.

Jack's preferred style of dress is simple and functional, while still looking neat and tidy, consisting of a long-sleeved dress shirt of varying color depending on his mood tucked into a pair of black or dark-blue jeans, his feet covered by plain black boots. The top button of his shirt is usually left undone to allow for better ventilation. During warmer months, he wears shorter sleeves, but retains his typical dark jeans. He likes keeping himself tidy, but is not against a few stains or tears when necessary. He almost never wears a hat.

History:

Jack was born the only child into a middle-class family in Saffron City, consisting of his father, mother and his grandfather on his father's side. Jack never really liked living in so big a city, though it wasn't until he was ten that it was found out exactly why.

Jack always seemed to be very empathic towards both humans and Pokemon, able to understand another person's feelings with little more information than tone and body language. Some of his childhood companions even credited him as being psychic. Indeed, though very few know, Jack does in fact have some latent psychic power, specifically in that he can feel the echoes of emotion in those around him. It is because of this that Jack is almost never seen in a large crowd, as the sheer weight of all the different emotions and feelings simply overloads his mind, causing him severe pain. It's similar to the sensation one gets when one gets into a car where the music is blasting so loud, you can hear the car vibrating over the actual music, only amplified threefold.

Needless to say, simply living in a city as huge as Saffron was causing Jack quite a bit of distress. When he was 11, Jack's family moved to the much quieter Lavender Town. Unfortunately, what they originally had thought was a solution, turned out to be of only little difference from living is Saffron. Jack didn't know anyone in Lavender Town and so had next to no companionship there. Furthermore, Jack could feel strange emanations of despair, rage and anguish seeping up from beneath the Lavender Radio Tower and the Fuji house, the final thoughts of Pokemon that have passed from this world. The woman that ran the Fuji house turned out to be a skilled psychic herself. A cousin of Sabrina, the former Saffron City Gym leader even. During the few years he had lived there, she taught Jack how to partially tune out these psychic echoes, so that his power would no longer cause him as much pain.

On Jack's 14th birthday, Jack suddenly noticed a particularly strong echo of deep sorrow as he walked through the town. Following the echo, he met a wild Torchic crying under a willow tree near a small creek. Though Jack could not understand the tiny Pokemon's words, he somehow managed to understand her meaning, and wondered if this was another crude psychic power of his. The Torchic had apparently had her mother kidnapped before her very eyes by a team of strange, sinister men that had mentioned something about a tournament. Jack, without thinking, immediately promised the little firebird that he would do all he could to reunite her with her mother. It was a foolish promise, but to the simple mind of a young Pokemon, she must have seen Jack as her own knight in shining armor. From that moment on, the little Pokemon, now known as Willow, attached herself to Jack and refused to leave him.

Jack told his grandfather about this later that day. His grandfather eventually decided that it was about the time that Jack begin his journey as a Pokemon Trainer. Grandfather had always told Jack that once he gave his word to someone, he was honor bound to keep it. Becoming a Trainer would be the best way to help him complete his promise to Willow. The next day, Jack and Willow headed out on their long trek to Pallet Town.

RP Example:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    "WHOA!" Owe cried as she fell flat on her face, something that was quite a common occurrence for her.

"Maybe that wouldn't have happened if I had my shoes tied…" She mumbled with a sigh, reaching down towards her feet to properly tie her long, black shoelaces.

The air was crisp and breezy today. It was a wonderful day for adventure. Owentha, or Owe as most people called her, had always enjoyed the company of the great, vast reaches of the nature around her. She was rambunctious and eager to help the environment in everyway she could, just so she could partake in any wondrous experience that happened to involve making the planet "better." Owe's family, mainly her mother and father, encouraged her behavior and made sure to keep Owe's active biologic interests alive. Although when she had decided to go out and travel and see the world more closely, her mother did not take kindly to the idea.

~ Flashback ~

"Owentha Ariance, you are not going to go out all alone in this cold, broken world! I will NOT allow this at all! You are just going to have to enjoy nature around here because I will not let any of my children risk being harmed once more!" Owe's mother exclaimed in a harsh tone.

She was referring to the time when Maya, Owe's older sister, had also decided to go off alone. On Maya's travels, she accidentally encountered a strange looking Pokemon in a mountain known as Mt. Moon. She attempted to battle the character, but lost terribly and was almost brutally injured by the incident as well. Maya was scarred by the event for some time, but continued to travel as she desired to be the Top Coordinator that her grandmother was before she passed.

Maya informed the family about the accident, and was ordered to come home by her mother, but refused and to this day no one in the family knows her actual location. Eventually, Owe's mother allowed Owe to leave, as long as she brought Maya home along with her when she returned home.

~ End Flashback ~

So now, Owe finally reached her destination: Prof. Oak's laboratory. She was very anxious about receiving her first Pokemon, although she should've gotten it years ago. She slowly approached the lab, taking every step with caution; just so she could help herself to stay calm, and to avoid any embarrassing falls.

As she made her way to the door, she took a deep breath and let it out after about five seconds.

"This is it…I wonder what kinds of Pokemon Prof. Oak will have for me to choose from!" Owe softly said to herself, with a happy grin on her face.

"Hello? Prof. Oak!? Are you here?" Owe said, nearly falling over a block that was so "conveniently" placed right near her feet.

"Yes? Hello, you must be Owentha! How are you?" Prof. Oak chimed as he guided her into his lab.

"Watch your step. It can be kind of cluttered in here on occasions. So, I'm guessing you're here for your first Pokemon right? I have a few here left for you, so what would you like to choose?" The old, wise professor asked with a bright smile on his face.

"Hmm… I'll just randomly choose one. I looked all of the starters up and they all sound really nice. Okay, so…I'll choose this one!" Owe answered as she picked a Pokeball and proceeded to release the Pokemon inside.

"Cyndaquil!" Cyndaquil cried as it popped out of its ball.

"A Cyndaquil! Cool! I want to nickname it Edan, after my grandmother. Thank you, Prof. Oak!" Owe said with a smile.

"No problem, Owentha. That is a good name by the way. So you probably should be going, the tournament will be starting in just a few days! You don't want to be late for it!" Prof. Oak remarked.

Owe nodded with a smile, and walked out with her new Cyndaquil.

"Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something…?" Owe said as she walked towards the outskirts of Pallet Town.

Suddenly, a Fearow that lived in Prof. Oak's backyard flew above her, and dropped five Pokeballs along with a Pokedex, that fell onto Owe's head.

"Ow…" Owe mumbled while rubbing her aching head.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    Day 1

Day 1 - Turtwig!

"Hey kid!" Manny suddenly heard Prof. Oak's high pitched voice behind him. As he turned around he noticed the professor standing by the entrance holding a silver case towards him. "You forgot this… Manny, right?"

"Yeah… oh thanks" Manny said monotonously as his mind still lingered in the mental image of the Ice Pidgey while he took the container.

Prof. Oak then proceeded to open the container for him, and began explaining: "Okay, listen up, these are Pokéballs and they're used to catch Pokémon. There are five of them in total, this is because under the International Pokémon Training rules, you are only allowed to hold a maximum of six Pokémon with you at all times and you already have your Starter. Don't worry too much about this though, I'll welcome your excess Pokémon to my lab anytime. Anyways, remember that you need to weaken Pokémon before attempting to catch them." Prof. Oak made a little pause while he took a Pokéball from the case and showed it to Manny. "You attach them to these hooks in your belt, see?"

Manny nodded. There was a lot of information, and he already knew all these things, but it was amusing to see the professor trying to explain them to so much detail, so he just kept nodding. "This here is a PokéDex," he suddenly heard Prof. Oak start explaining again.

"I know… it's to get the information on Pokémon, right?" Manny interrupted him as he smelled the danger of letting a scientist talk about such innovations.

"Yes, yes" Prof. Oak answered startled by the sudden intervention. "Very loosely put, but I guess you get the idea."

"Yeah" Manny replied with a bit of a chuckle and a smile. Then, as they gave their farewells to each other, and Prof. Oak started walking towards his lab… "Prof. Oak! Did you hear about this?!" Manny yelled out pointing his right index finger to the 'News Flash' of the newspaper in his hand.

"Quite interesting, eh?" Prof. Oak commented when he noticed Manny was talking of the rare Pokémon's sighting. "It beats me for sure kid," he said light-heartedly, "it might be a joke from an experienced trainer though, be careful out there though"

"If…" Prof. Oak heard from his back once more. "If this is for real…" Manny stuttered a bit. "Professor Oak, if this is for real, I swear one day I'll catch it, I know it!"

"I'm sure you will" Prof. Oak answered back chuckling a bit, then as he made his way into the lab again, he called out to Manny once more to give advice: "You know, you might want to release your Pokémon, I'm sure he'll like the morning breeze", and then, he shut the door behind him leaving Manny by himself.

Alright then, Manny thought as he realized he hadn't even seen his Pokémon yet, "GO…!"

"Turtwig!" a green tortoise-like Pokémon yelled cheerfully as it soaked in the light air, and began to run around shoving his snout to the ground playfully.

This'll be just fine Manny said to himself in his mind as he thought of the fun adventures that were to come.

Last edited:

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
    Years
    OOC: Just a note: Will only likes pokemon that are/ will be Dark, Poison, or Ghost types, and thats all he'll catch.

IC: Will climbed over the final ledge before reaching Viridian City. His impatience drove him to take the more rugged side of the route. The one far less traveled by trainers. As he got up, Will saw how stunning Viridian City was. Still, Will didn't want to get too close to the city until he had to.

The tournements tended to attract more Shady fellows, such as the Yagamoto to the area. He was best off just avoiding the city all together until he was ready to sign up; Besides, the pond outside the city was beautiful. He could see slopoke lounging on the shores, Surskit skating across the surface gracefully. The it was rampant with pokemon. Will sat down for a few minutes, until he remebered what he was looking for.

Will got up and walked north to route twenty-two so he could catch something good.

Kinda odd way to number the routes...

Will steped out onto the unlevel path. The Path was actualy better kept than route one. He walked out into the tall grass, and immediatly a fiesty purple Nidoran charged Will.

Battle Start

Will held out a pokeball, "Go you pathetic thing!" A red beam shot from it and a Piplup appeared, "Use Bubble!"

The penguin pokemon opened it's beak, and a giant burst of bubbles shot in all directions. The Nidoran tried to dodge, but the attack was too wide, and ended up getting hit by a few bubbles. In reaction the Nidoran charged towards Piplup.

"Ok now use pound on it!" The Piplup charged at Nidoran, and right before they met, the Nidoran's horn glowed a bright purple, "Piplup stop! It's using poison sting!" It was too late. The Piplup's flipper, colided with the Nidoran's horn, sending them both flying back. Piplup landed at Will's feet looking sickly, with drooping eyes and paling(Pale-ing) flesh,"Damn your poisoned! Well we have to finish this! Piplup, use one last bubble."

The pokemon mustered all of it's strength and took one last breath in, and shot a stream of bubbles before fainting on the ground. The exhausted Nidoran was to tired to even dodge. It was hit full on, and ended up lying on it's back panting heavily, but semi-concious.

Will smiled, "Your mine," He threw a pokeball at the Nidoran, engulfing it.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    TheAmazingFightingPeanut, sorry but I already claimd Torchic. Sorry.
    TheAmazingFightingPeanut's Torchic is a family pet. I allowed it as Jess's Charmander is a family pet as well.

TheAmazingFightingPeanut: ACCEPTED. You may start the RP.

NOTICE TO EVERYONE: I ONLY PERMIT THE MAXIMUM OF 5 POKEMON OF THE SAME SPECIES FOR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS THAT APPEAR. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ONES THAT APPEAR LATER, PM ME.

Pokemon Move Sets:

Bulbasaur - Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf, Vine Whip
    Charmander - Scratch, Leer, Ember, Metal Claw
    Squirtle - Tackle, Withdraw, Bubble, Water Gun
    Chikorita - Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip, Razor Leaf
    Cyndaquil - Tackle, Growl, Ember, Headbutt
    Totodile - Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Aqua Jet
    Treecko - Tackle, Leer, Bullet Seed, Headbutt
    Torchic - Tackle, Growl, Ember, Scratch
    Mudkip - Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Mudshot
    Turtwig - Tackle, Withdraw, Razor Leaf, Bullet Seed
    Chimchar - Tackle, Growl, Scratch, Ember
    Piplup - Tackle, Grown, Water Gun, Bubble

If you want to battle a Pokemon on any route, please contact me for its movements.

---

Down with the darkness:
    Spoiler:

---

OOC: Just to let you guys know, my character is the younger sister to Viridian City's Champion, Peter.

"Good evening Professor Oak, glad to see you again," Jess said with a nod as she entered the aging professor's laboratory. Her Charmander sat square on her shoulders and waved happily to the professor. Then he turned his attention to a scurrying pair of Rattata which played happily in the middle of the lab.

"Char, char?" He asked quickly to Jess, tucking lightly on her hair.

Jess smiled and lifted her hands, only to grab Charmander and lower him down to the ground. "Go play, I've got to talk with the professor." Charmander nodded happily and ran off to play with the two purple Pokemon.

"So Professor, why did you call me?" Jess asked as the two of them took their seats.

The Professor took a piece of paper and handed it quickly to Jess. It was the flyer to the annual Viridian City tournament.

"Do you remember this?" the professor asked.

"Oh yes, I remember!" Jess said with a smile, taking the flyer. She quickly looked up. "Peter's been talking a lot about it – he can't wait to go up against the winner."

"Precisely," the professor nodded. "Though the attacks of Yamagoto have gotten larger in scale and I think they're planning on taking Peter down."

Jess's smile disappeared. "What?"

"Plus, there was this little incident that happened yesterday," the professor picked up another few photos. One was a picture of a branch covered in ice and another was a blur of a white-bird-thing. Jess squinted her eyes to see if she could get a better look.

"What is it?" Jess asked.

"According to the news reporters, it's called the Ice Pidgey," the professor said. "I believe it's an experiment that escaped from Yamagoto."

Jess just nodded. "Could be."

"Listen Jess, I want you to go and become a great trainer – take down Yamagoto and go up against your brother in the Viridian Tournament. Can you do that?"

"Go against Peter?" Jess asked, narrowing her eyes. "I'm not sure, professor… Peter has taught me everything he knows."

"Exactly," the professor nodded. "That means to show him everything that he has taught you. Can you do that?"

Jess was silent for a few seconds, then nodded. "I can."

The professor smiled. "Good. I wish you luck."

Jess smiled.

---

After returning back home in Viridian City, Jess took a visit at her brother's, Peter's, large stadium in which he used to train his Pokemon. As she entered, a Nidoran (M) scurried up and greeted her and Charmander. Jess bent down and rubbed its head.

"Hi buddy," she said with a smile.

"Hey Jess," said a voice. Jess looked up into the welcoming eyes of Peter, her brother. He had a smile painted on his face and his Rhyperior stood at his side.

Jess picked up her Nidoran (M) and snuggled into her chest.

"Where were you?" he asked with a tilt of his head.

"Just with the professor," Jess explained.

Peter nodded with a smile. "That's what I thought," he said. "He gave me a call asking me to sign you up for the tournament."

Jess smiled. "Did you?"

Peter nodded again. "Yup," he smiled. "I couldn't let my baby sister sit out of it!"

Jess smiled excitedly, her teeth gleaming.

"You going to enter your two Pokemon?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jess looked at Charmander and her Nidoran (M). "Yep," she said, looking back up to her brother.

Peter's smile turned to a frown. "You should plan to capture another Pokemon so you have a good team."

Jess looked at him.

"Like maybe a Larvitar, Bagon, or Gible," he offered. "They are strong Dragon types. They can be found on the route to the League of Champions."

Jess smiled. "I'll be sure to do that, big brother."

Last edited:

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Joce flew on Pidgeot's back, heading towards Pallet Town. Pidgeot was one of her father's old Pokemon partners from when he was a Pokemon Master. Her father let Joce borrow her to fly her to Pallet, and only after a half an hour, Joce could already see Pallet Town. Pidgeot was one of the fastest flyers of all time, thats why Joce chose her out of all the flying Pokemon her father had. She was heading to Pallet Town because Prof. Oak, one of the greatest Pokemon professors of all time, had called her there to speak to her about a Pokemon battling opportunity. Joce was just honored to get to meet him in person! Pidgeot was starting to descend into Pallet Town, and Joce was happy to almost be on solid ground again. Pidgeot landed with a light thump, and crouched down to make it easier for Joce to hop off.

"Thanks, Pidgeot! Tell mom and dad that I'm ok, and say hi to Erika for me!" Joce sent Pidgeot off with a bright smile and a pat on the head.

"Pidg! Pidgeot!" Pidgeot crowed as she lept off into the sky once again, Joce waved and started inside the laboratory, Pidgeot had dropped her off right in front of the lab. The automatically opening doors opened to reveal a wrinkled man, with crinkles around his eyes that were from laughter, not anger. He smiled at her and stepped forward to shake her hand.

"Hello! You must be Jocelyn! I am Prof. Oak!" he said kindly, his handshake good and firm.

"Yeah, thats me! Oh, and I like being called Joce, if you don't mind." Joce corrected him nicely.

"Sorry, Joce. Well, I bet you're wondering why I asked you here." he started, gesturing for her to sit down in one of the comfy chairs behind her. Joce nodded as she sat down. "Well, have you ever heard of the Pokemon Tournaments?"

"Of course I have! Erika is the Champion in our town, she's my best friend! Her mother was named Erika, also. Do you know them?" Joce asked.

"Of course I do! But anyway, back to the point, I have the permission from the tournament officials to enter a few newer trainers into the tournament, and I have chosen you as one of the trainers! Are you interested?" he asked.

"Let me think about it. . .YES! Tiena has been itching for a good battle lately, she's my Chikorita. So, where do I sign up?" Joce asked Prof. Oak, brimming with excitement now.

"You're already signed up! I figured you'd say yes, so I took the liberaty of putting your name in. The first one is being held in Viridian City, the next town over! So, hop to it!" Oak laughed, watching Joce hop up in excitement.

"Thanks, Professor! I'll see you later!" Joce said, as she basically flew out the door. "Tiena! Come on out!" she threw her only Pokeball into the air and watched as Chikorita materialized, she quickly began to run beside Joce, picking up her excited vibe. Joce already had her travel bag packed, her mom was always prepared. Joce couldn't wait for the first tournament, and all the excitement it would hold!

"Joce? Joce?" a voice came from her Pokedex. It seemed to be Oak's. She took it out and flipped it open.

"Yes?" she asked, looking at a picture of Prof. Oak.

"I forgot to tell you one thing about the Touraments. There is an evil group entering the touraments, Yamagoto. They are doing different experiments to make "ultra" Pokemon. They must be taken down immediately, or risk the safety of Kanto, and to the Pokemon. Do you think you can help me and everyone rid the region of Yamagoto?" Oak asked her, a meaningful look on his pixelized face.

"Sure, Professor, you can count on me." Joce nodded, determined to help in any way she could.

'Good. There are some other young trainers in the tournaments, also. I have sent them for the same purpose. You might still have to defeat them in battle, but you are all there for a common goal." Oak explained.

"Sure. Oh, and do you remember that Pidgey that looked less like a Normal type Pokemon, and more of an Ice type?" the professor asked.

"Sure! Everyone was freaked by that." Joce answered, still walking.

"That is one of the Yamagoto's experiments. They are highly dangerous. Anyway, good-bye, and good luck." Oak said, hanging up.

"Bye." Joce said, turning off her Pokedex and turning to Tiena. "Well, looks like this'll be a bit tougher than we thought."

"Chik!" Tiena agreed, still walking.

"We can handle it, though! We will not be discouraged!" Joce said, pumping her fist. Tiena jumped into the air, both of them were ready for an adventure!

TO BE CONTINUED! . . .

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back