• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kanto Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    The night was young, Dante thought to himself. As the Gible fled off into the tall grass, Dante softly cursed but concentrated on the second feud, which wasn't going too well either. The Sandshrew, braver than its friend the Gible was, narrowed its eyes in anger at being repeatedly attacked and charged straight at Orwell, who was unprepared for such a move and stuck his tongue out in defiance before the Sandshrew made impact with him, making Orwell reel from the heavy blow. Aerion watched from the sidelines, curious as his battle was already over. Dante frowned. This Sandshrew was tougher than he thought.

"Let's go, Orwell! Charge up an X-Scissor attack!" Dante was thinking; it was probably better to strike the opponent when he recovers from missing an offense. So, he made an order to wait and charge. In response, Orwell's claws glowed a light green in colour, and he crossed them over each other, forming an X. Sandshrew, oblivious to this, began to curl into a ball again and rolled a second time towards Gligar, this time with double the power. The spinning motion kicked up a cloud of dust, wrapping around Sandshrew like an aura of sand. Orwell grimaced and steeled himself for the impending attack and dodge.

As Sandshrew began to close in the few last feet of his attack on the Gligar, Dante ordered a sudden move, struck by a fit of inspiration. "Orwell! Use his force to propel yourself into the air!" Taking the initiative, the purple scorpionbat Pokemon did so, whirling around like a ballerina dancer (although this metaphor is somewhat insulting to the burly Gligar). Sandshrew's Rollout attack stopped in mid-execution, and he looked above him-

To see a huge shadow descending over him, blocking out the moonlight. In the midst was a glowing X. Sandshrew curled itself into a ball out of self defense, whimpering softly. Dante frowned. "Try not to scare the poor Pokemon next time, Orwell." The subject of his message simply stuck out his tongue at him, continuing his freefall towards his target. Dante sighed exasperatedly. Wow, my Pokemon don't want to obey- wait, never mind. Turning his mind back to the battle, Dante pointed at the cowering Sandshrew. "Orwell, unleash your charged X-Scissor attack!"

A scythe of glowing green energy, in a crossed shape, cut through the night with a resounding swish. It flew towards the Sandshrew, who was knocked even further into the ground. "Guillotine to finish off, Orwell!" Dante gave the final word. The Sandshrew closed his eyes in fear. Orwell's claw pulsed with a silvery white energy for several moments before he brought it down in an arc ending at the Sandshrew's throat.

"Now! Go, Pokeball!" Dante waited impatiently, his stomach already growling. But before he had the chance to throw his Pokeball, the Sandshrew suddenly dug down again into the soft dirt. "CURSES!"

The Sandshrew resurfaced again behind Gligar's back, this time not attempting to score a hit with just his Dig attack; he began to Rollout again, this time with triple the power. The rolling sphere of yellow scales knocked into Orwell, who was off guard because he was immune to the Dig attack. Orwell flew a few metres away from his current location, partially helped by his wings, and fainted in a heap.

Dante sighed, for the… what, third or fourth time tonight already? "Alright… uh, Orwell, return!" The purple heap was sucked into the second Pokeball at his side, the button latching closed to contain the unconscious Pokemon. "Aerion, on the offense! Combo LMC, go!" Aerion stared at his trainer, unsure what the LMC meant. "Leer and Metal Claw! Remember that for next time! Now, on the offense! Oh, and be careful of his Rollout!" Dante spectated the battlefield grimly; hoping that Aerion would not fall to the Sandshrew.

Aerion concentrated his eyes into a sharp leer at the Sandshrew, who flinched for a few seconds, giving the fire lizard a valuable opening to strike with a glowing Metal Claw attack, which hit home on the tough scales of Sandshrew. The impact did not do too much direct damage, but its indirect effect was more severe. Sandshrew's movements grew more sluggish, and he began to Rollout again, with quadruple the strength of his first. "NOW! Charge up an Ember attack, Aerion!" A storm of firebolts shot at the rolling Sandshrew, engulfing Dante's vision with a smokescreen. As the smoke cleared, Dante threw his fifth Pokeball for today, which sucked Sandshrew's form inside it in a flash of red light.

Years
    Cirrus:
    Spoiler:

Anemone

break through the sky
    Years
    [OOC: Urgh, I hate PokéCommunity! First I wrote all this, then it wouldn't let me post it because of Database Error, and then it wouldn't let me get back 'cause there was either another error, or ''the server is too busy at the moment''. /sigh. I'm glad I got it posted in the end though...
    Hope this is good enough, too. Getting a really exciting fight with a Caterpie is quite hard! >:3
    Now BIC.]

By now, it must've been nearly 7 o'clock, and Hannah was riding on Route 1, not too far from Viridian City. She intent to get there as soon as she could, so she could sign up for the Viridian Champion Tournament immediately. Not that she thought she could win, she wasn't good at fighting, but she thought she and her Kamechu could gain a lot of experience.
    When she reached Viridian, Hannah headed for the arena first thing. Except.. as it was quite late already, there was no-one there. Hannah sighed. ''Now what.. I guess I can head for Viridian Forest, I need another Pokémon to join anyway. What do you say, Kamechu?'' ''Squirtlee!'' Kamechu replied, still bursting with energy. At that, Hannah smiled, put Squirtle on the back of her bike again and cycled to Viridian Forest.

''I think it's better if we went in there on foot.. We might scare off wild Pokémon with the bike.'' Hannah said as she put her bike by the entrance building to Viridian Forest. Kamechu nodded, jumped off the bike and followed Hannah as she headed in.
    Walking around for a while, Hannah and Kamechu hadn't encountered any Pokémon that didn't flee immediately. But then, there sat one.. A Caterpie, about normal height, eating some leaves in a tree. ''Look! There's one!'' Hannah said, getting excited. She took out her PokéDex and pointed it at the wild Pokémon.

''Caterpie, the Worm Pokémon. Its voracious appetite compels it to devour leaves bigger than itself without hesitation. It releases a terribly strong odor from its antennae.''

''Caterpie, is it? Alright Kamechu, let's try to capture it!'' Squirtle nodded once again, and fiercely yelled ''Squirtle!'' to the pokémon in the tree. Caterpie looked up, let out a soft cry, but then turned to its food again.
    ''.. Eh?! It won't even show up to us! Let's show it what we're made of! Use your Water Gun!''
    Kamechu fired a blast of water at the Caterpie, effectively hitting and pushing it off of the branch. Caterpie was surprised by the sudden hit, but wouldn't fall for such a simple trick; It quickly launched a String Shot at the branch, and swung forward, safely landing on the ground. ''Caterpiie!'' It fiercely cried, angry its dinner was interrupted. ''That's more like it.. Kamechu, now use your Tackle!''
    Squirtle quickly ran up to the Caterpie and tried to tackle it. Yet now, the Caterpie was too fast. It fired another String Shot to a branch above them, pulled itself up onto the branch. Immediately after that, the Caterpie shot yet another String Shot, binding Squirtle's arms to its body.

''What.. Kamechu! Are you okay?'' Hannah said, a bit worried. Squirtle had both of its arms binded, but managed to free itself by shooting a few bubbles at the string and stretching its arms. Caterpie had returned to eating the leaves, though. ''Good! Now fire another Water Gun, we can't afford to let it stay in that tree!'' Squirtle fired, hitting Caterpie and pushing it off of the branch again. ''Tackle, now!'' But now, before Caterpie could fire a String Shot to save itself, Squirtle charged and hit it hard with a Tackle. Caterpie landed harsh on the ground, but stood up again. Squirtle was standing in front of it. ''It's not over yet, use your Bubble!'' So it did, several Bubbles struck Caterpie. After a few Bubbles, Caterpie managed to fire another String Shot at Squirtle, making the Bubbles pop before they hit now. Then it pulled Squirtle to itself, getting ready to Tackle it back. Hannah was surprised at the sudden development, but planned a counterattack right away. ''Use your Tackle too, Kamechu! Immediatly followed by Water Gun to break the string and create some more space!''
    Squirtle quickly recovered his balance and charged into Caterpie again, using the String to speed up even more. The two Pokémon crashed into each other, but Caterpie seemed to be hurt worse. Squirtle shot a Water Gun again right away, breaking the String and blasting the Caterpie back into the tree again.

''Pokéball, now!'' Hannah yelled as she threw the Pokéball right to Caterpie. Caterpie was engulfed in a red light, and then sucked into the Pokéball. The ball then moved around for a bit. . .

Last edited:
    Years
    Yes, the lag does make it quite difficult to post =\
    MarshMallow:
    Spoiler:

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Joce sighed and picked up the stilled Pokeball. She caught that annoying Bagon, finally. She threw the Pokeball back into the air. The Bagon shot out and lookied at his new trainer.

"Hey, you little troublemaker. Im Joce, your new trainer." Joce explained to the little Bagon. It nodded and jumpd into her arms. Joce laughed.

"Well, you seem better! You need a nickname, and I don't think I can name you "Annoying". . ." Joce mused, then she had it. "I know! I'll name you Sukai! That means "sky" in Japanese!" The newly named Sukai jumped up and down, happy. Joce laughed again.

"Well, it's late. We'd better get back to the Poke Centre to get all of you healed, then we gotta head back to the Bed N' Breakfast so we can all get some sleep." Joce said, recalling Sukai into his Pokeball. Tiena slept in Joce's arms and Storm rode on her shoulder.

--------

It took only twenty minutes to get back to the Poke Centre and hand her Pokemon to Nurse Joy. It took longer than usual for her to heal Joce's Pokemon.

"Hello Jocelyn." Nurse Joy said when she came back with her three Pokeballs. "Your Pokemon are fine, now. Your Chikorita was hurt a bit more severly. . .but she is better. Hold off on training just for 12 hours, to not risk worse injury. Have a great day!" Joce nodded and walked out, Storm had popped out of her Pokeball again and was now on Joce's shoulder, and Tiena was back in her arms.

After a ten minute walk, Joce was back at the Bed N' Breakfast. She changed back into her clothes, got back into bed, with all of her Pokemon with her under the covers, and fell asleep yet again.

**My next post will be on Day 2, when will Day 2 start, exactly?

Years
    More towards KillahKiwi, because you asked but...to everyone, I suppose, who is waiting:
    Day 2 will start when Royal says it does. Hopefully this will be soon. Actually, scratch all of that. See post below ^^

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Day 1: Has ended.
    Day 2: Has started.

Day 3: Has not yet started.

SIGN-UPS FOR THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE CLOSED BY END OF DAY 3!

Just three days until the annual Viridian Champion Tournament and many trainers from around the world have gathered in Viridian for the tournament. Signing up for the tournament will be open until the end of Day 3. You must have a minimum of two Pokemon for this tournament and a maximum of six. The tournament will start on Day 4.

The tournament will be split up into sections – five sections: A, B, C, D, and E. There will be four trainers in each section. This is how the rounds will go…

A1 against A3
    -
    A2 against A4
    -
    B1 against B3
    -

B2 against B4
    -
    C1 against C3
    -
    C2 against C4
    -
    D1 against D3
    -
    D2 against D4
    -
    E1 against E3
    -
    E2 against E4

Trainers will be placed randomly into sections.

Five trainers have already signed up, making a total of only fifteen spots left. Hurry in and sign up so you can battle in the tournament and get a chance to go up against Viridian's Champion, Peter.

These contestants have already signed up:

Jesse – Machoke, Larvitar, Luxio
    Michelangelo – Ariados, Houndour, Aron
    Claire – Granbull, Butterfree, Kadabra
    Nikki – Cloyster, Ivysaur, Jolteon
    Nathan – Rhyhorn, Vibrava, Flareon
    Jess (Peter's Sister) - Charmeleon, Nidoran (M), Bagon, Larvitar, Gible

Now, here are the Pokemon you can find along the routes by Viridian City. Pokemon from many different regions have migrated along to Kanto.

Route near Pallet Town: Pidgey, Starly, Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Spearow, and Bidoof.
    Route near Entrance to League of Champions: Nidoran (M and F), Spearow, Aron, Sandshrew, and Gligar… these Pokemon you will need to ask permission from me or Scarecrow before encountering them: Gible, Bagon, and Larvitar.
    Viridian Forest: Caterpie, Weedle, Spinarak, Wurmple, Ekans, Pikachu, and Shinx… these Pokemon you will need to ask permission from me or Scarecrow before encountering them: Scyther, and Pinsir.

Move Sets:
    Pidgey: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust
    Starly: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust
    Rattata: Heabutt, Tackle, Growl
    Sentret: Headbutt, Tackle, Growl
    Zigzagoon: Headbutt, Tackle, Gowl
    Spearow: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust
    Bidoof: Dig, Tackle, Headbutt
    Nidoran (M or F): Tackle, Growl, Double Kick, Poison Sting
    Aron: Headbutt, Tackle, Dig, Screech
    Sandshrew: Dig, Heabutt, Sand Attack, Rollout
    Gligar: X Scissor, Guillotine, Headbutt
    Gible: Dragonbreath, Headbutt, Rollout
    Larvitar: Rollout, Metal Claw, Rock Tomb, Headbutt
    Bagon: Dragon Claw, Dragonbreath, Metal Claw, Dig
    Caterpie: Tackle, String Shot
    Weedle: Tackle, String Shot
    Spinarak: Poison Sting, String Shot
    Wurmple: Tackle, String Shot
    Ekans: Poison Sting, Wrap
    Pikachu: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Double Team
    Shinx: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Double Team
    Scyther: X Scissor, Quick Attack, Double Team, Slash
    Pinsir: Vice Grip, Body Slam, X Scissor

Here are the descriptions of the routes…

Route near Pallet Town: A very busy route, a road was built through the small grassland. Even if the road is safe, some Pokemon usually jump out near trainers for battles or just for friendly attention.
    Route near Entrance to League of Champions: A very rocky mountain that also has a grassland that several species of Pokemon live in. Not many people cross through the mountain area because there's a road now below the mountain.
    Viridian Forest: Because it's the only way to get from Viridian City to Pewter City, there was a road built straight through the forest. However, sometimes trainers will travel through the forest to collect Pokemon and meet cute little bug Pokemon.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Joce awoke late in the morning, it was almost 12pm. The only Pokemon up was Tiena, who was already walking around and stretching her legs. Joce groaned as she got up, sleep was still in her eyes, and her body felt heavy. Sukai and Storm were awakened by her movement, and they quickly got on the floor and were sitting next to Joce's backpack, looking up at her with puppydog-eyes, they were hungry. Joce smiled weakly.

"Ill feed you guys when Im done getting ready. We've got a big day of training ahead of us!" she said, trudging into the bathroom and taking a quick shower, brushed her teeth, and got dressed in a pair of kaki capris and a white tank-top, with a baseball hat and her hair pulled back into a ponytail. Joce tied her white tennis shoes, and came out of the bathroom, her Pokemon still waiting by her backpack.

"Ok, you guys. Eat up!" Joce said qith a smiled as she poured Pokemon food in each of the three bowls, along with some water in another. A maid had come up and left some bacon and eggs for her at 11am, and they were still warm. Joce scarfed down her breakfast, and turned to her Pokemon, who were also finishing up theirs. Joce collected the bowled, and dumped the remainers of the water. She recalled Sukai and Tiena, and Storm rode on her shoulder, and exited her room. Joce smiled at the receptionist who smiled back, and left the Bed N' Breakfast. Joce walked to the Tournament headquarters building and greeted the secretary kindly.

"Hello, I entered the tournament yesterday, but I just caught another Pokemon, could I please fill out his name on my form?" Joce asked politely. The secretary nodded and turned to a filer, which was filled with papers. She pulled out a small pile of them, which had Joce's name on it, and pointed to a line at the bottom of the page. Joce filled out Sukai's species and type, nickname, gender, and moves, signed the line below that, and hand the form back to the secretary, who smiled and put the form back. Joce thanked her, and left the building, heading for a small clearing on the edge of town. She called out Tiena and Sukai.

"Ok, today we are gonna train for the Tournaments! Sukai, you aim for that rock, Storm, that one, and Tiena that tree. Tiena, please take it easy today, I don't want you getting hurt again." Joce explained as she pointed out each of her Pokemon's targets. They all nodded and got into fighting stance, facing the tree.

The three Pokemon trained for a while, Storm and Tiena having no problem at all doing damage to their target, but Sukai having a bit of trouble. Joce noticed this and grimaced. Only 2 days until the tournaments started and her Bagon wasn't really ready. He would need a bit more training than the others would, but Joce wasn't worried. . .much.

TO BE CONTINUED! . . .

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    Sorry for the delay

(I'm REALLY sorry for not posting earlier, I had some family over, so I couldn't get on the computer :nervous: my bad; hope it's good enough this time around)

Day 1 - vs Sandshrew Part II

The pokeball shook for a few seconds then opened in a flash of bright light. "What?! That's impossible!" Manny yelled in desperation at seeing the Sandshrew escape his grasp. He had already tried so hard along with Kawa, "Arceus… damn it!" he continued to curse.

Sandshrew looking at the confused trainer may have decided that it would be a good time to escape, but as it went on all fours and attempted to dash out of scene, Kawaman ran straight at it with a powerful tackle to the Pokémon's ribs, which were already hurt from his first attack. "SAAAAAAANDS!!!!" the Pokémon screamed in pain, as it curled on its side in an attempt to cover its ribs.

"Nice Kawaman! Sorry for leaving you alone there for a while!" Manny yelled at his Pokémon. That's right, I completely failed my Pokémon at being a good trainer back there for blanking out, and THAT'S definitely the reason why our attempt to capture it failed. But don't worry Kawa it won't happen again. "Alright, now while it's not looking! Use Razor Leaf!"

"Turr!" the Pokémon replied seeing the same opportunity as his trainer, and with a swift movement of his head, let out a stream of razor-sharp leaves which headed in the direction of the wild Pokémon.

"Shrew…" the Pokémon grunted as the leaves started to leave cuts all around it.

"Continue with the onslaught!" Manny commanded in a deeper and more imposing voice that would not be expected off of an eleven-year old kid. "We won't give it another chance to escape!" he continued roaring.

"Turtwig!" his Pokémon obeyed and began to shake and sway his head right and left increasing the number of leaves which attacked the wild Pokémon which was crouching against a tree trying to survive the onslaught.

"Sands!" it 'said' surprised when it felt the tree push his side. "Shrew!" it burrowed deep beneath the earth right before what used to be the Spearow's tree fell on top of where the Sandshrew would've been.

"Turt?!" the Turtwig exclaimed trying to get a reaction from his trainer.

"Damn, not again! Turtwig use Withdraw now!" The Pokémon obeyed immediately, going inside his own shell for protection right before the wild Sandshrew jumped out from underneath the graound with a powerful punch. It may have been injured, but it seemed to be very territorial about the battlegrounds and seemed to be willing to give it his all to protect it.

"Turtwig use Bullet Seed, now!" Manny ordered. The Pokémon obeyed to the foot of the letter, and whilst inside his shell in midair, Kawaman started to rotate his body on its own axis, and let out a powerful attack which left nothing in close by unharmed, not even Manny, who now held his right arm bleeding profusely.

Sandshrew was far from healthy as well though, and fell to the ground with a loud thud "Sand…." It said weakly as it failed to get up, and ended on its back only half-conscious. The corner of its eye then turned to look at his aggressor, the Turtwig in a daze, and then to the other side to see the bloodied kid standing atop of it with a solemn look.

"I'm sorry if you don't like it," Manny said "but I need you, and I won't let you escape." As soon as he finished saying what he had to say, he dropped a Pokéball on top of the fallen Pokémon, which engulfed it like the last time, and began to beep and shake, a bit less wildly than before. Please, don't drag this out even further. Manny begged the Pokémon in his thought as he watched the Pokéball attentively.

Anemone

break through the sky
    Years
    [OOC: I did it! Please excuse this post, I'll make it so I'll end Day 1 right now.. Though if you don't mind, I'll post the beginning of Day 2 tomorrow.. I'm planning on catching another Pokémon, too. 8D
    Now BIC.]

The Pokéball shook for a few moments, but then stopped moving. Hannah and Squirtle both stood still for a little longer, waiting for the Caterpie to burst out again.. But it didn't.
    ''Did we.. do it?'' Hannah softly said as she walked up to the Pokéball and picked it up. She looked at it for a few seconds, only then realizing what she had just done. ''We really did it.. It's my Pokémon!'' Hannah almost made a little dance, she was so happy. Squirtle sprayed out some bubbles out of excitement too. Hannah pulled a few leaves from the tree the Caterpie was eating from before and let it out. Hannah sat in front of the small Pokémon and put the leaves on the ground.
    ''Well, sorry we interrupted your meal like that.. So here's a little to make it up!'' Caterpie looked right into her eyes, then seemed to inspect the leaves on the ground, but eventually took a bite. She seemed to be happy with them, and sent out a sweet odor from its antenna. She ate all of the leaves quite quickly, and proceeded letting out a pleased ''Piiiie.'' Hannah smiled, yet yawned too.. ''We should probably get back now.. It's getting late.'' Caterpie urged to climb back into the tree, to her lair, but Hannah grabbed her and pet her on the head. ''Please remember, you're with us now. Don't worry though, I'll be sure to take care of you as good as I can!''
    ''... Pie.'' The Caterpie let out softly. It surely was tired too, so Hannah put her back into her Pokéball. Then Kamechu and she proceeded walking back to the bike, and riding to the Pokémon Center.

__

''Nurse Joy?''
    No-one was at the counter, so Hannah looked around for a bit. There was a big Poster for the Viridian Tournament. Watching it for a while, Hannah ended up daydreaming about how the Tournament would end up. What if she'd win? That'd be some kind of awesome! But that wouldn't happen. Not just yet. But what if her Pokémon got hurt really badly? ... No, there was a Pokémon Center very near, they wouldn't let anything bad happen to them. She was still dreaming about the kinds of Pokémon that skilled Trainers would have, when Nurse Joy walked in again. ''Ah, can I help you?''
    Hannah came back to Earth, and abruptly turned around. ''Y-Yes.. Could you check my Pokémon, please?'' she said with a weak smile. ''Well of course! Wait here for a minute.'' Joy replied, taking the Pokéballs with her to the back of the building. Hannah sat down, continuing her daydream about the skilled trainers at the Tournament.
    After a little while, Joy returned with her Pokémon. ''Don't you worry, they're just a little tired out. You should let them rest well, tonight, okay? Now, good night, little miss.''
    ''Okay! Thank you very much, ma'am. It is okay I spend the night here, is it not?'' ''Why yes, do you know the way? The Trainers' rooms are right over there.'' Hannah nodded and smiled again. She then turned around and headed for one of the spare rooms in the Pokémon Center. Once there, she let out both of her Pokémon .. They'd probably be happier sleeping on a bed than in their balls, right?
    Finally, the three just went to sleep.

- End of Day 1 for Hannah.

Years
    When the next day came, Shelby awoke promptly at seven in the morning. She slowly got up and rubbed her frazzled hair. Then she walked over to one of the many bathrooms and shut the door, changing and getting ready for the next day. Once she had stepped out, she stretched and walked up to the main counter. Nurse Joy was sitting there talking with Chansey. Shelby rang the little bell and waited. Moments later, Nurse Joy apologized for taking a bit and then turned to Shelby.

"Oh, you're one of the trainers from yesterday, correct?" Nurse Joy questioned. Shelby nodded, anxiously waiting for the moment she was reunited with her Pokémon. "Have you registered for the tournament yet?" Nurse Joy said, clicking some stuff on the computer. She passed Shelby a signup paper. Shelby shook her head. "You might want to before all of the spots are taken. You know you can just come back and speak with us if you catch another Pokémon," Nurse Joy advised.

Shelby frowned and thought for a moment. On one hand, she really only wanted another Pokémon on her team (though she didn't quite know what) and yet on the other hand, she wanted to make sure that she got a spot in the tournament. Nurse Joy left briefly, and came back with a tray. Larvitar was sitting on it looking at Shelby excitedly. Shelby grinned back.

"I believe these two are yours," Nurse Joy said. She set the tray down. Larvitar leaped off and jumped towards Shelby. She grabbed Larvitar and held him in her arms. "So would you like to sign up now, then?"

Shelby glanced at Larvitar, who looked up at her in excitement. "Yeah, I suppose I can," Shelby finally agreed. Nurse Joy smiled warmly. She explained to Shelby what she needed to fill out, which Shelby did so.

"I need to see your Pokedex as well." Shelby handed it over. Nurse Joy scanned it—or something like that—and handed it back to Shelby who put it back in the side pocket of her bag. Shelby handed Nurse Joy her sheet and then walked out of the Pokémon Center. She had to admit that it felt good to have one less thing to worry about. Now, Shelby thought, to find a Pokémon!

Shelby was just about to set out when she realized something that could be rather important. She had no idea what kind of Pokémon she wanted to catch. Shelby frowned slightly and crossed her arms as she thought. She decided on heading north of Viridian—towards the forest. Shelby walked along the road, Larvitar happily situated in her arms. She glanced down.

"Larvitar, keep your eyes open for Pokémon. You might get your battle you wanted today," Shelby advised to Larvitar. Larvitar nodded and said his name happily. Shelby chuckled and paused as they were just outside of the forest. She glanced back at Viridian City briefly, and then turned her gaze back to the dense trees. "Well…" she began slowly, "I guess we can go in there. I just hope we don't get lost." The last part was more of a muttered afterthought, but she went on in the forest anyway.

"Larvitar!" Larvitar cried, suddenly on the alert. Shelby looked about them both, wondering where exactly the Pokémon was. Larvitar squirmed suddenly and hopped out of her arms, running off into the thicket. Shelby groaned and followed, bending over and half crawling through the bushes. After a few moments, she came to a stop directly behind Larvitar. Larvitar was looking up at something. Shelby followed his gaze. There, sitting on a tree, was a rather large looking Scyther. Shelby gulped heavily. She grabbed Larvitar's tail, intent on leaving the Pokémon alone. "LARVITAR!" Larvitar shouted.

The wild Scyther's eyes snapped open. Shelby blanched and tugged Larvitar back. Scyther regarded them silently. Shelby found herself looking at Larvitar then. She noticed that he seemed rather determined. Well…she thought slowly. Finally after deciding it wouldn't hurt too much, Shelby pushed her way fully out of the bushes and stood up. Scyther looked a bit more interested now, but not by much.

"Larvitar, are you ready?" Shelby asked.

"Lar!" Larvitar cried.

Shelby was slightly hesitant about this battle. As Scyther jumped down from the tree, recognizing the challenge, Shelby saw a scar that ran through its eye. She swallowed heavily. It also looked much bigger than Larvitar, but she knew it was probably about average for a Scyther. Shelby grabbed her Pokedex, fumbling slightly as she tried to keep her eyes trained on the dangerous Pokémon. She read up quickly. It can evolve into a Scizor, Shelby realized. She made a slight face at this, however. I think…I'd rather just keep it a Scyther. Then she had another thought, if I can even manage to get a Pokeball on this thing.

Both Pokémon stayed still for a few moments. Neither one of them apparently wanted to make the first move. Shelby opened her mouth to order an attack when suddenly Scyther charged at Larvitar, smashing into the Pokémon before Shelby could react. Her eyes widened slightly. This Scyther was fast. Equipped with a quick attack, it seemed like a very formidable foe.

"Alright Larvitar, you've gotta watch out for its speed," Shelby stated. Larvitar nodded, a small bead of sweat forming on the side of its head. "Now go and use leer to weaken its defenses!" Shelby called.

"Scyyyy…" Scyther hissed. Larvitar gave a miniature growl (not in the form of an attack though) and leered angrily at Scyther. Scyther cringed and looked away. Shelby ordered a quick headbutt before it could recover. Larvitar charged in, but as it did Scyther was ready. Its arms formed an X, and suddenly it had slashed Larvitar with an X scissor attack. Shelby's eyes widened. Larvitar cried out as it skidded back.

Larvitar's defense must be really good, Shelby noted. Larvitar was slightly tired, but it didn't look too badly hurt. "Alright Larvitar, go for another combo!" Shelby called. Larvitar leered at Scyther once more. This time when Scyther cringed Larvitar was able to get the attack in because he was so close. Shelby grinned widely as Scyther got knocked back, its head smacking into a tree branch. "Now Larvitar hurry and use rock tomb!" Shelby called, noticing a boulder nearby.

"Lar!" Larvitar called in affirmative. Larvitar ran over to the boulder and began smashing the rocks while Scyther slowly got up. Scyther looked at Larvitar and then suddenly there were a circle of Scyther surrounding the poor Pokémon. Larvitar whimpered and looked around. Shelby clenched her teeth as she recognized the double team attack.

"Larvitar, throw the boulders at it like you normally would! They'll disappear, buddy!" Shelby called over the hissing Scyther group.

Larvitar began to knock the chunks of boulder towards the wild Pokémon. It just went too slowly. Scyther quickly moved in, sensing the proper moment. It slashed Larvitar across his face, creating a small mark. Larvitar cried out in pain as Scyther slammed it against the tree behind it. Scyther held it there. Shelby could have sworn that had it been human, she would have recognized a smirk on the Pokémon's face.

"Larvitar, try to get out! Use headbutt on its arm!" Shelby called. Larvitar thrashed around in Scyther's grip, but it was just unable to break free. Shelby clenched her teeth as she watched him struggle. Then Scyther brought back his other arm, intent on finishing the battle. Shelby winced as the slash attack hit, watching as Larvitar slumped to the floor. She quickly recalled Larvitar, but grabbed Totodile's Pokeball instead. Silently promising to Larvitar that she'd make up him having to be in his Pokeball later, she tossed Totodile's.

Scyther simply looked at Shelby's little blue crocodile with disinterest. Totodile bounced around happily for a moment, until it noticed Scyther. It immediately went serious, ready to battle. Shelby was glad that in this fight they could do some long range stuff.

"Go get it with a water gun attack!" Shelby shouted. Totodile nodded and sent a jet of water flying towards Scyther. Scyther brought up its arm, blocking the attack. It took some damage, but it was obvious that the water attack was barely effective against the great bug. Alright…maybe a new tactic, Shelby thought. She then ordered an aqua jet attack.

Totodile carried it out perfectly, smashing into the wild Scyther. It hissed angrily, and then began preparing for an obvious slash attack. Finally it unleashed the attack, charging at Totodile. It tried to slash Totodile, but Totodile soon made up a little game out of the attack. It began to hop and skip, avoiding the slashing claws of the Scyther. Shelby blinked as she watched, unable to believe what Totodile was doing. She wasn't sure whether to be proud or just downright confused.

Then, just as Scyther got so mad it went for a supercharged slash, its claw got stuck in the base of the tree. Shelby then realized what Totodile had been doing. He had been avoiding and intentionally leading Scyther to the tree, where he knew the wild Pokémon would get its claw stuck. Shelby grinned.

"Good job, Totodile," she called happily.

"Totototototodile!" Totodile said, pumping his fist.

"Alright now…attack with scratch!" Shelby called enthusiastically. Totodile scratched Scyther. Scyther cringed and struggled as it tried to remove its claw from the tree. Totodile panted slightly as it continued with the attack, obviously loosing power and getting worn out. Scyther was panting too, one eye closed. It slowly began to sink to the forest floor.

"TOTO…DILE!" Totodile called, smashing into it with a surprise aqua jet. Shelby saw that he used the last of his energy in that attack. She looked at the tired Scyther with the slash across its face. Suddenly its claw came loose from the force of the attack, and both it and Totodile fell into some nearby shrubs. Totodile leaped back, ready just incase Scyther got up. Scyther didn't move. Shelby tossed a Pokeball, hoping that Scyther had become tired enough to be able to catch it. She clenched her teeth while she waited.

drunk¬_¬ :
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Jake awoke the next morning in his bed, wearing the same clothes as before. He rubbed his eyes a little to wake himself up, and then got out of his warm and cozy bed, ready to take on the new day. He walked down the hall at a brisk pace, and went to Nurse Joy straight away, ready to collect his Pokemon. She held out Jake's two Pokeballs and handed them to him with a smile. Jake said thanks, and quickly advanced outside.

Jake walked outside to the grassy area of the League of Champions, but there were already people there looking around for Pokemon. Jake decided to take the path less taken, and went to the mountain ranges to search for Pokemon, where he would be undisturbed and uninterrupted. He ascended the rough path, until Jake reached an area that was a little flatter than the rest of the mountain. He sat down on a nearby rock and waited for something to walk across. 15 minutes later, a small, green Pokemon walked in front of Jake, so he held out his Pokedex.

The Kanto Journeys
    Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokemon. A Pokémon that eats soil. Once it has eaten a large mountain, it goes to sleep so it can grow. Its moves consist of Rollout, Metal Claw, Rock Tomb, and Headbutt.

By large mountain it better mean a mountain of soil. Well, duh, of course it does. That little thing couldn't eat a mountain. Well, looks like I have my next target! Now, who should battle it…I know!

Jake quickly pulled out one of his Pokeballs, and threw it into the air. Bagon appeared in front of him. Jake already had a strategy planned out, and it was similar to what Bagon did when they captured her.

Larvitar quickly turned around, and it looked like it was already about to fall asleep. Jake decided to be cruel and take advantage of that happening, and ordered Bagon to use Dragonbreath on Larvitar. Unexpectedly, Larvitar jumped out of the way.

Apparently it is more alert and faster than I planned it to be. Oh well, makes things more interesting for me!

Jake began to contemplate his options, and Larvitar decided to attack recklessly. Its hands turned metallic, obviously using a Metal Claw, as it was identical to that of what Bagon used. Larvitar rushed towards Bagon, and Jake unleashed his strategy.

"Use your head and block it Bagon!"

Bagon bowed down, and Larvitar's Metal Claw hit her directly in the head. Once the attack collided, Bagon was pushed back a little, but not much. Following Jake's orders, Bagon then used her own Metal Claw on Larvitar. With the close radius, Bagon wouldn't have time to gain force from motion, but it would definitely do. Bagon jabbed Larvitar right in the gut, and Larvitar winced in pain. It was clear to all three of them that the attack did a lot of damage.

Hmm, I should have realized that. Steel-type moves do a lot to Rock types! Of course, I'm sure Larvitar will catch onto that fact, and will use any means necessary to avoid it.

Right in the middle of Jake's thoughts, Larvitar began piling rocks up. It then chucked them all around Bagon, trapping it within, until one rock hit her directly on the top of her head, where she was phased from the blow. Bagon then, on her own, used Metal Claw to move away the rocks. A little lump protruded on her head, where the rock had hit. Even with a head as hard as Bagon's, the direct shot hurt.

Jake then saw Larvitar charge with its head down, which clearly was a Headbutt attack. Jake ordered Bagon to dodge the attack, but for some reason Bagon was moving a lot slower than before, and the Headbutt hit Bagon in the gut, just like her Metal Claw did to it earlier. Bagon winced in pain, as gained force from running clearly built up the power of that attack.

Grr, I forgot Rock Tomb slows down a Pokemon; I can't be hit by that again. Losing my speed can cost me this capture.

Jake was trying to think of another strategy, but Larvitar began to charge with another Headbutt. Suddenly, it came to Jake, and it was going to cause a lot of damage. Jake ordered Bagon to use Dig, and it burrowed underground in a matter of moments. Larvitar slowed to a stop, and looked all over the place, and the expression on its face showed confusion and fear. It knew that it would have a hard time predicting where Bagon was going to emerge.

Jake waited a few moments, trying to build up some stress into Larvitar. Nerves will always make a person or Pokemon act carelessly. Jake could see the dismay growing in Larvitar's face. Jake actually felt pretty bad for Larvitar: It appeared to be young, and stress at such a young age can't be could. Jake, not want to traumatize Larvitar, then ordered Bagon to come out, using Metal Claw in the process. Bagon emerged behind Larvitar, and at an angle so that it could fling itself out of the ground with a Metal Claw. When Bagon actually emerged and pseudo-flied, a sense of enjoyment was clear in Bagon's face.

Clearly the Pokedex wasn't lying, Bagon really does want to fly. Hopefully it gets there some day.

Bagon continued in the air, and before Jake or Larvitar knew it, Larvitar was struck in the back with a powerful Metal Claw. Larvitar was flung into the air, where it landed headfirst into a rock, breaking through it. It was wincing in pain, and Bagon clearly did a ton of damage with it. Larvitar was a persistent little fellow, though, and stood back onto the ground. It wasn't going to be defeated on its own turf if it had anything to do about it. Jake, on the other hand, wanted to beat it on its own turf for obvious reasons.

Larvitar now had a vengeance to deal out, and Larvitar utilized a new strategy. It quickly rolled itself into a compressed ball, and started to roll towards Bagon. It appeared to be a weak Rollout, so Jake ordered Bagon to just take the hit. Bagon stood its ground, and Larvitar struck Bagon, knocking it to the side a little, where Larvitar continued to roll. It started to come back at Bagon, and Jake could see that the power-gaining effects of Rollout were starting to take effect. Jake thought on his feet, and ordered Bagon to use Dig to avoid the shot. Bagon burrowed underground, but Larvitar had its own thoughts on that plan. It rolled into the pre-made tunnel from Bagon, and used the incline to gain force to hit Bagon. Jake was shocked, and couldn't even believe the action he just saw.

It was a few moments later when Bagon emerged. But it wasn't from its own doing, it was shot out of the ground by Larvitar, leaving a cloud of dust from the quick breaking of the ground. Larvitar clearly played a game of cat and mouse with Bagon, waiting for more power to gain before it actually attack it. The speed from the downhill clearly helped Larvitar's attack as well. Bagon was shot directly into the air, where both pain and enjoyment were shown. She kept switching for a wincing pain to a little smirk for the feeling of flying. Either way, it came down headfirst into a rock, shattering it in the process, and hitting the ground. Hard head or not, that hurt it significantly, and it showed. Bagon pulled energy together to stand up, where it saw Larvitar rolling at it once more. Without order, it used Dragonbreath from a long distance. It force of the Rollout and Dragonbreath collided, until Larvitar started to push forward. Bagon didn't care though: All it was trying to do was slow down Larvitar to the point where it could counterattack, and Jake saw the brilliance.

I clearly caught a good Bagon, as it is definitely quick to think. That is going to be helpful in the future.

Larvitar continued to roll at Bagon, but its speed was reduced so much, that when it was within ten feet of Bagon it came to a complete stop. Jake took advantage of this, and ordered a Dragon Claw from Bagon. Its claws lit up an orange-purple color once more, and while Larvitar started to unroll Bagon struck it on the back, launching it backwards. It then hit a nearby rock, but this time it didn't go through it. Cleary Bagon didn't have the same amount of power that it did before, and it was apparent that Larvitar didn't either, as it struggled to return to its feet.

But the little Larvitar wasn't giving up yet. It started to pile up rocks once more, then threw them at Bagon to trap it for another Rock Tomb. Jake knew if that Larvitar's Rock Tomb succeeded, it was all but over for Bagon. Jake still hadn't though of a way to avoid the attack, but suddenly it came to him. Jake ordered Bagon to use Dig once more, and Bagon quickly followed command. It had avoided the attack, and Jake knew that he had the battle sealed away with another effective attack. This time, however, Larvitar had hatched its own plan: It quickly started to use Rollout to gain speed, where Bagon would have an extremely low chance of even being able to hit Larvitar, let alone even scratch it.

Crap, why is this thing so smart?! Aren't the little one's supposed to not be as smart?! Well, clearly not, as it is kicking my strategies butt all over the place…

Jake really didn't have any strategy that could effectively get Bagon out of the ground without being damage while it landed. Jake decided that Bagon would have to get hit to even make it out. Bagon, on the other hand, didn't like that idea. It took around two minutes before Bagon emerged, but both Larvitar and Jake were shocked from the spectacle before them: Bagon emerged from the ground feet first, using Dragonbreath to launched itself out. Now that it could see, it aimed at Larvitar, stopping the Rollout in its tracks. Bagon then turned herself around, and landed on her feet, with a large grin across her face, knowing that her strategy worked.

Larvitar barely could stand up, and Bagon dropped to her knees for a moment before she stood up as well. They were on their last energy, and it was quite apparently just from looking at them: Both were scratched up, with a few bruises here and there, and were both breathing heavily. Jake knew he only had one more shot to attack, as did Larvitar.

Larvitar charged up one last Metal Claw attack to hit Bagon with, and Jake ordered the same thing. The two of them charged at each other, until both attacks struck each other in the stomach. Both ended up in an arch shape, because the force shot their stomachs and lower backs backwards. They both fell backwards, and attempted to stand up. Bagon reached her feet, but then collapsed to her knees. Larvitar stood up once more, but then fell onto her back. The effective typing against Rock clearly won the battle here. Jake took out an empty Pokeball, and threw it at Larvitar. Larvitar was engulfed in, and the ball landed shaking back and forth. Jake's hands clenched into a fist from anxiety, and hoped that the ball would stop shaking soon.

Years
    Jake:
    Spoiler:

Years
    First of all...chill...second of all, if this keeps happening, maybe you should copy and paste your stuff on word BEFORE you post it so you won't loose everything incase PC does crash or something. I'm sorry that happened, but I can probably say this knowing it's true; this has happened to nearly everyone on PC at one point, even if it was a big or small post. I don't like taking up all of this with slightly pointless OOC ramble, so I suggest you just sit down and relax for a bit, and then type another post and edit above. I hope I'm not pissing you off further, because (trust me) I know how frustrating it is to loose stuff like that. So just try the method I suggested if you think PC is going to lag or something. Or you might just want to do it all the time just incase.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    The Pokeball continued to shake, and suddenly the top started to open up, and Jake couldn't believe that Larvitar could even have energy to fight back. Somehow, however, the Pokeball latched itself closed once more and stopped shaking. A stressful moment to say the least bit, but at least the capture was done. Bagon pulled herself to her feet one last time, and walked over to Jake and the Pokeball, where he touched it. She seemed to be showing some sign of respect to Larvitar. She fell onto her back, exhausted as could be. Jake returned her so that she could rest. He also picked up his new Larvitar's Pokeball as well.

Well little guy, apparently your brain makes up for your size, as you have some real strategic thinking. You need to get healed though, as you looked like you were about to go into a coma…yeah, my bad…

Jake put both of the Pokeballs into his pockets, and rushed down the mountain to get back to the Pokemon Center. At the bottom of the slope, Jake fell on his face, and of course, a bunch of trainers were standing RIGHT THERE to see it happen.

"Yeah, it takes talent to be able to do THAT!" Jake said with a grin. He knew if he made fun of himself first, no one else would be able to do it.

"Yeah, skills man!" another trainer remarked.

Jake stood up, and ran off to the Pokemon Center. He saw the red roof approaching him, and Jake quickly saw the automatic glass doors in front of him. He stepped inside the cool air conditioning, and he could smell lunch being served. Jake approached the counter, where Nurse Joy was casually standing. Jake held out Bagon and Larvitar's Pokeballs, and Nurse Joy asked how Vulcan and Bagon got hurt so quickly. Jake quickly rectified that Vulcan was fine, and Nurse Joy understood. She took the two Pokemon under her care. He also registered Larvitar into the tournament as well, so he now had a larger arsenal to battle with.

Jake left the counter, but his stomach got the best of him. He walked into the cafeteria, where he saw pizza and french fries. Clearly the lunch of champions. Jake grabbed some lunch, and left the Pokemon Center at a rather slow pace compared the rest of his journey.

Jake decided that a change of pace was in order, and he headed towards Viridian Forest, where he saw both the entrance into the forest and the road through it. Jake knew he wanted one last companion before the start of the tournament. A bug type would round out his team quite nicely, and Jake decided he would attempt to catch the third Pokemon saw. No specific reasoning behind that, just more of a random thing.

Jake entered the forest, where he smelled the fresh smell of the grass and sap from some of the maple trees surrounding him. He also smelled his favorite smell: pine needles. Jake decided that he wouldn't beat around the bush, and headed right into the search. He saw two different Pokemon together, and he scanned them both.

The Kanto Journeys

Caterpie, the Worm Pokemon. It releases a stench from its red antenna to repel enemies. It grows by molting repeatedly.

The Kanto Journeys

Weedle, the Hairy Pokemon. It eats its weight in leaves every day. It fends off attackers with the needle on its head.

There's two Pokemon, next one is the lucky winner! Who wouldn't want to travel with me?

Jake continued down the path, and kept searching. For a large forest, he couldn't seem to find any Pokemon within. Suddenly, a Pokemon sped in front of Jake's eyes, and stopped directly in front of him. Clearly it wanted a battle, and it looked rather strong as well. Jake held out his Pokedex for another scan.

The Kanto Journeys

Scyther, the Mantis Pokemon. It is nearly impossible to parry its attacking scythes. Its movements are like a ninja's. The sharp scythes on its forearms become increasingly sharp by cutting through hard objects. Its moves include X-Scissor, Quick Attack, Double Team, and Slash.

Clearly I have my work cut out for me. Hopefully the type advantage with Vulcan can help me a lot too. It seems so confident too, it must be strong…but hey, it IS me we're talking about.

Jake threw up Vulcan's Pokeball, and out of the bright white light, Vulcan appeared. He was ready for a battle, and it was clear on his face. Scyther took the first move, and it was moving at an extremely fast speed, with his blades of arms behind him. It was clearly a Quick Attack, and a powerful one from the looks of it. Jake ordered Vulcan to use Ember when it got in a close range. Vulcan powered up his Ember, and unleashed it when Scyther entered a five-foot radius. Scyther was blown backwards from the force of the Ember and its own Quick Attack. It was clear that the type advantage would help Jake here, and he intended to use it to his advantage.

Scyther clearly was angry from the attack, so it decided to play some mind games. It created multiple images of itself around Vulcan via Double Team, and it was obvious that the trick worked: Vulcan kept looking around in circles, dazed and confused of what to do. Jake wasn't too sure either, but Scyther did. He crossed his scythes into an X, unleashing a powerful X-Scissor attack. Thankfully for Jake, this caused all of Scyther's images to disappear. It is also fortunate that Fire resists Bug-type moves, so Scyther's attack clearly didn't do as much as planned. Chimchar stood right back on his feet, ready for round two.

Jake ordred Vulcan to use a Tackle attack. Vulcan hurled himself at Scyther with as much force as it could, but Scyther just stood there, waiting. It then used Quick Attack to dodge the Tackle, where Vulcan kept going and ran directly into a tree, and rammed his head on it. Vulcan fell onto his butt, rubbing his head, trying to nurse off some of the pain. Scyther decided to take advantage of this and use one of its scythes to use a Slash attack on Vulcan. It clearly did a lot of damage, and a scratch was left across Vulcan's back. He started to bleed a little, but nothing that couldn't be handled through time and natural healing.

Vulcan now was extremely upset. He legitimately injured him, and now it was once again a personal fight with Vulcan. It was now a fight of vengeance and revenge, and Vulcan would take whatever steps necessary to complete it. Without order, Vulcan used another Tackle attack.

"Vulcan, what are you doing?! The same thing is going to happen again!"

"Chim, char, chimchar!!" Vulcan called out. Jake could sense a sort of assurance in his voice, so he decided to trust the action that Vulcan made.

In mid-charge, Scyther once again dodged the attack with a Quick Attack, but Vulcan obviously knew that it would happen again, which is why Vulcan was already turning when he approached Scyther. With Scyther in the opposite direction, it would never know that it was being approached from behind, especially when it thought it was safe. Vulcan kept gaining more and more speed, which went hand and hand with power. When the two finally collided, Scyther was rammed in the back, and launched into a tree, while one of its arms slashed through the trunk of a different tree. The tree collapsed, and Vulcan barely dodged the falling limbs. Jake remembered the Pokedex entry, saying its scythes would only grow stronger when used repeatedly. Jake feared for this, and decided to play things more carefully.

Scyther was officially ticked off. It had an angry look in its eyes, but at the same time it seemed to be enjoying an actual challenge for once. It decided to use Double Team once more and surround Vulcan. This time, Jake wasn't taking any chances. He ordered Vulcan to spin around in circles and use Ember again. When unleashed, it seemed to look like a fiery hurricane, with the attack flinging everywhere. One by one the images were destroyed, leaving only the real Scyther. Scyther was struck over and over again by Ember attacks, and it significantly weakened it.

However, Scyther seemed to react quite well from the attack, and hopped right back into the swing of the battle. Scyther decided it was time to play seriously: It used Quick Attack, but at the same time used a Slash attack. He was using the force and speed to power his other move up. This reminded Jake of Bagon, using both Metal Claw and Dragon Claw at the same time. Jake quickly stopped reminiscing when the attack hit Vulcan before Jake ever thought it would. Scyther appeared to have been bluffing its speed and strength before, just another mind trick it was playing, and it clearly worked. Vulcan was launched through the branches of multiple trees before landing harshly on the ground, taking loads of damage. Another scratch was left on his chest. Scyther still seemed to have at least half of its strength left, whereas Vulcan was down to around a third.

Jake thought of another strategy, and ordered Vulcan to light the ground around Scyther, forming a ring of fire. Once lit, Scyther looked like it was in a lot of pain. Residual damage was being dealt, and the heat from the flames was hurting him.

Perfect! It is going to have a tough time escaping the fire, but I assume that it will somehow.

Jake was correct: Scyther used Quick Attack to rush through the flames, dealing the least amount of damage to itself as possible. Either way, the heat and direct contact from the fire damaged Scyther significantly, and Scyther wasn't pleased. It charged up another Quick Attack, this time with X-Scissor accompanying it. Even with the resistance, the sheer speed from the Quick Attack surpassed the damage it would lose, and it hit Vulcan directly. However, Vulcan was prepared this time. He braced himself for the impact, reducing the damage down to a minor amount. While Scyther was in a moment of recoil, Jake ordered a Scratch attack to hit Scyther's wings, as they were the source of the speed it was using. Vulcan quickly charged to Scyther's back, and hacked and slashed around six times before Scyther knocked him off. It was clearly in pain, and it tried to get a distance away from Vulcan so it was out of risk from another attack. It was clear that its speed was reduced, because it took a little while for Scyther to get away.

Now it was personal for Scyther too. Trapping it in a ring of fire is one thing, but taking away its prized speed is another. It knew that its chances for winning have been dropped, and that it would have to be vicious. It decided to full-out attack with a Slash attack. It charged in at a slower pace, but still a tad faster than Vulcan. Jake ordered a Scratch attack, and Vulcan charged as well. The two attacks collided, and both were pushing each other back to protect themselves while hurting the other. Scyther's superior strength pulled through, and it knocked Vulcan to the ground. Scyther aimed the Slash attack right on Vulcan's arm, and it left another cut. It was a good but vicious strategy, but it really did do the same thing Jake had with Scyther's wings: Cutting of the source of physical power.

Jake knew that it was revenge, and Scyther seemed to have a small grin on his face. He extracted its revenge successfully, and it was quite happy. Jake wasn't all that impressed though, as Scyther still forgot about the Ember attack that was causing it so much trouble. Jake ordered it while Scyther was a little distracted, and it hit head-on. Scyther was knocked back from the sheer power of the blast, and was shot into a tree, and hit right in the middle of its wings and back. It was clearly hurt again.

It was coming down to the wire, as each Pokemon was on their last leg of strength and energy. It was time for the final showdown which would determine the winner of the battle, and ultimately, if Jake would even have the chance to catch Scyther.

It's fast, strong, and knows how to play a good mind game. It is too good to pass up!

Scyther began to charge with another Quick Attack, which was significantly slower than before. At the same time though, it tried a final strategy: it flew in a large circle around Vulcan, while using Double Team. The end result was a giant, continuous circle of Scyther images, which eventually formed a mini-tornado around Vulcan. It lifted Vulcan into the air, and around and around in circles. But suddenly, Jake remembered something he saw on the internet: a trainer used a Gust attack to their advantage, by lighting on fire, damaging the user of the Gust attack significantly. At this point, the risk was the only thing that Jake could even think of, so he decided to enact it. Jake ordered another Ember attack while Vulcan was spinning. It was clear where Vulcan was in the tornado, because a little orange ring was starting to appear. In a matter of seconds, the entire vortex was bright orange and yellow. Jake could no longer see what was happening on the interior, and decided he would have to wait it out.

It took a full minute before the vortex faded completely, and Jake saw both Pokemon lying on the ground. The two were looking directly at each other, and for some reason they were both smirking at each other. Jake soon realized that this battle had turned into a rivalry, and both wanted to win even more.

Both Pokemon returned to their feet hesitantly. Scyther charged with Quick Attack, and Jake ordered a final Tackle. It was obvious that both had reached their limit, and this was going to be the last blow. The two collided, and a large cloud of dust came up. Jake could see the silhouettes of each Pokemon in the dust, but they weren't distinctive of what was truly happening.

A full two minutes passed before the cloud dissipated, and Jake couldn't believe the result. Vulcan was standing over Scyther's body, just looking at it. Before long, though, it fell along side of it, lying on the ground, completely out of energy. Knowing that the battle was seemingly over, Jake threw a Pokeball at Scyther. The red beam of light quickly engulfed it, and the Pokeball landed on top of Vulcan's stomach, shaking back and forth. Vulcan didn't move a muscle, as he thought even the slightest movement could affect the results. The ball continued rocking back and forth…

Years
    Jake:
    Spoiler:

Foo Fighter

Even in the face of death...
    Years
    Connor walked out of the pokemon center and into the dim morning light. Most people weren't up, but connor had dedicated himself to getting up extra early so he could maximize his time for catching pokemon. Although he was interested in Virdian Forest, he decide to explore the southern part of Vridian near the route that connected Pallet to the City. He released both Aron and Bulbasaur from their pokeballs, deciding to let them stretch their legs a bit. A red beam of light flashed as they each yawned.

"Ok guys, heres the plan." Connor saidm kneeling down to teir height. "We're gonna' hit up the southern route of Viridian real quick and spend the rest of our day traveling through the Forest."

Sudenly a beeping noise was heard. Connor reached into his pockets and pulled out his cell phone. It was his dad.

"Dad?" Connor asked, "Hey! Whats going on? Oh? That sounds great! I've already caught an Aron so we're ready for it right now. So two days form now? OK sounds good. Call ya' later."

Connor ended the call and knelt down to his pokemon who were confused by the call.

"Looks like theres gonna be a change of plans. A tournament is gonna be held here in Viridian in two days. We can sign up in the pokemon center." Connor explained, "That means we've only got two more days to get battle ready including today."

Aron and Bulbasaur both nodded their head in agreement. The trio then headed off for the grass on Route 1. Signing up for tournaments was secondary to catching pokemon. Connor entered the grass and was looking on the ground for small pokemon he may have missed before. Aron began pushing up against Connor. He turned around and saw what Aron had seen, a pack of Starly siting in a tree.

"Hmm, we only need one Starly..." Connor said, "Aron. Headbutt that tree!"

Aron nodded and ran at the tree with full force. The small pokemon slammed into the tree causing it to shake vigorously back and forth. In the mass of falling leaves anf flapping wings one starly dropped down. It was frenzied and immediatly began attacking Aron. It flew in to try and get in a tackle.

"Match it with Headbutt!" Connor shouted.

Te two pokemon raced towards each other. Starly saw that Aron was stronger though and cancelled its attack by flying upwards at the last second. Aron, not anticipating the maneuver stumbled. Starly did a loop in midair and came down for a direct hit on Aron with tackle. Aron cried out in pain. Starly backed up and screeched as it let out a fierce gust attack. A whirlwind came over Aron and the tiny pokemon was struggling to stay grounded. Starly, not letting up in its fierce attack landed and began shooting a flurry of sand into the gust creating a sandy tornado.

"Aron!" Connor shouted. He had underestimated the Starly. He wouldn't make the same mistake again though.

The gust finally died down leaving Aron KOed in the center. Connor took Aron back into his Pokeball. Conor sighed.

"Ok. Keep on your toes Bulbasaur. Starly may have a few tricks up its sleeve, but it won't take more than a couple hits to take him down!" COnnor said.

At least I hope so...

Starly and Bulbasaur locked eyes. Starly screeched and used Sand Attack to whip up a cloud around the two. Bulbasaur coughed and peered around in confusion. Starly burst out from the cloud and dived back in for a tackle.

"Bulbasaur! to your left use vine whip!"

Bulbasaur gasped and shot out the vines blindly. By a stroke of luck she caught Starly. The bird pokemon screeched as it fell to the ground.

"Tackle!"

Bulbasaur rammed into starly sending it flying. Starly regained its mobility in mid air and let loose a gust. Bulbasaur fired off Razor leaf. Connor gasped as the leaves cut through the gust, effectively disabling the air stream and causing it to die down. Starly was hit dead on by the leaves and fell to the ground. Connor reached for a pokeball.

"Go Pokeball!" Conor shouted as he threw the ball and Starly was engulfed in light by the ball.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Vulcan sneezed, and the Pokeball rolled into a puddle of mud. Scyther eventually broke free of the Pokeball, and started to run off and hide. Vulcan tailed it, and wasn't going to let it out of his sights due to losing him on his own error. Both down on their energy, they both weren't running very fast, so Jake didn't have much trouble catching up.

About thirty seconds later, Jake saw Vulcan staring Scyther down in the clearing around two hundred feet from where the original battle was taking place. Scyther was scratching its head, trying to regain some of its lost energy, but Vulcan wasn't going to waste any time, and neither was Jake. Jake ordered out an Ember attack, and Scyther didn't even notice that it was used. The Ember flew at Scyther, and hit it directly in the chest, forcing it into another tree. Its energy was draining quickly, as was Vulcan's. Even just attack was hurting him.

Jake knew that this second round wasn't going to last all that long: Both were severely damaged from earlier, and no matter which way the dice are rolled, it is going to end with both Pokemon knocking each other out, no questions asked. They were just so tired that it was inevitable.

Scyther brought itself back up to its feet, and charged with a Quick Attack to try to use whatever speed it had. Vulcan was tired out from using the Ember still, and he didn't even have the energy to avoid the attack. Vulcan was flung in to a tree as well, and was knocked on to his back. Scyther landed back where it started, and faltered to its knee, tired as well. Vulcan managed to reach his feet again, but both Pokemon shocked Jake: Their persistence in this battle was impressive, and still neither would give an inch.

That whole rivalry thing was surely true; otherwise they wouldn't be trying so hard.

Once again, Scyther used Quick Attack trying to land a final blow on Vulcan, ending the battle. Vulcan wasn't going to give up easily, so it unleashed a final Tackle attack. The two collided once more, and another cloud of dust surfaced. Within a minute, Jake saw a familiar image: Both Pokemon laying on the ground, side by side. Only this time, to Jake's surprise, they stood up.

Jeez, I'm not sure what is actually going to happen here; it is just too close for me to call.

Scyther charged one last time, only this time with a Slash attack. Jake thought that it was predicting a Scratch from Vulcan, but Jake decided to shake it up, and hopefully gaining him the capture. Waiting for it to come closer, Jake ordered a final Ember attack. Scyther was caught off guard, and every ounce of the fiery blasts hit Scyther head-on, and in a close proximity. Scyther was thrown back a few feet, landing on its stomach. It tried to stand up, but it quickly fell back to the ground.

Jake took this opportunity to throw another Pokeball at Scyther, especially since there wasn't a chance for an error to occur. Scyther was engulfed in the ball, and it began to shake once more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back