• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    What Rataisu means is that they might use reverse psycology to hang out at contests (in human form, of course).

As for actually competing in them, Latias would probably have a blast, while Latios, as Rataisu said, would watch his sister have all the fun.

Latias would probably win, too.

ohhhh.. see i knew he was using psycology but then with all the 'you knows' it kinda mixed me up...(i can loose my focus very easily even tho i am smart)

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I'm just curious but who is Kai and his/her pokemon team?:\

I am Kai :P and Madii-Chan is ..er.. Maddy, and you guys can call me Kai, since it is easier to type than Ratiasu-kun. ^_^

So far my team is the said Latias, plus Skarmory and Swampert. Now Im training up a Froslass, Mismagius, Porygon-Z, and Rotom, but now we're gettin' a little off-topic here! xP

Ive actually used Latias in contests, and shes actually not bad (using my battle moveset) of course, you'd probably want a contest-bred Latias to truly perform the best in contests, though.

Years
    My Latias in Emerald beat the Master Rank Cool Contest. Of course, I had to condition her, and she wasn't the best at battling.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Actually.... Speaking of battling... I used Latias in Mystery Dungeon once of twice. And surprisingly enough, she wasn't that good of a battler, and neither was Latios. They were level 20 and I did take them into easy dungeons, but they were sorta a let-down. I mean, their moves were bad, so I could fix 'um up.

LOL NO ONE KNEW WHO KAI WAS, OMG THAT'S FUNNY >w<

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Yeah, they were kinda disappinting battle-wise in MD. Didn't stop me using them occasionally however.

Does Latias/Latios like Pokemon contests?

That I don't really think I have the knowledge to answer but I'll try. Since they are both rather...secretive, I can't really imagine them at a contest, I believe that if they weren't so secretive, Latias would enjoy them.

Sounds like an idea for a piece of fiction :) Too bad I have perma writing block :)

Years
    Actually, I used them quite often in MD. Once I fixed their moves up so they didn't use safegaurd and wish continuosly, they were pretty good.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Although, in Pearl, I do have Latias use Safeguard consistently whenever it wears off! ^_^;

It just helps in case someone tries to use a nasty Toxic against you!

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Okay and I haven't used Latias or Latios in the contest. Because I haven't bought the game. I know it's off-topic.
    Latias picture:
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

~Rene~ :t025:

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Although, in Pearl, I do have Latias use Safeguard consistently whenever it wears off! ^_^;

It just helps in case someone tries to use a nasty Toxic against you!

Like a certain Skarmory that I'm sure you're familiar with, eh?

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Okay and I think we need a new topic about Latias and Latios, everyone.

~Rene~ :t025:

Years
    Which do you think is better latias or latios both at level 100 and the same move sets?
    it really depends on what moves they have.. but probably latios since it has better attack stats (including sp. attack).

Double 7

Speedy Agent 0007
    Years

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Which do you think is better latias or latios both at level 100 and the same move sets?
    it really depends on what moves they have.. but probably latios since it has better attack stats (including sp. attack).

Well, its really hard to say. Its like comparing apples to oranges. Latias is a steadfast defender, with protective and benefitial team moves, and Latios is an aggressive attacker, with damaging attacks and stat reducing moves.

Latias lasts longer in battle, doing slightly less amount of damage, but over a long period of time. But Latios can fall more easily, but doing a lot more damage in a short amount of time.

So its really hard to say. But If they had the same moveset (Im goin with Safeguard, Recover, Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt) Latios may have the edge, simply because once he Safeguardes, itll only take a few of his attacks before his opponent is KO'd.

Yeah, Im srry, but none of those links are working for me! =/

Oh yeah, and Madii, that Skarmory is nasty, eh? Toxic is a deadly move. If I ever forgot to use Safeguard, I usually paid for it ... with Latias fainting. Latios has Psycho Shift, but it has a disadvantage. First, poison attacks dont affect steel Pokémon at all, and second, after you Psycho Shift the effect to them, they can just use the effect again on you, so now you both have the effect! Not exactly completely benefitial, eh?

Years
    yeah none of them work for me ... :(

B_button_member

Master Breeder
    Years
    Hmmmmm... yeah it is hard to say which would be better.It really depends on their stats.Latios has good attack and sp.attack.Latias has good defense and sp.defense.So actually it depends on who goes first(which might be latios)and what moves they use on their turns.=/

Years
    hey b button member you've been double posting A LOT lately... why not edit your posts instead of double posting

and just so i dont go off-topic here's a pic:
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

this is how people think latios and latias would look like in real life XD
    lol it looks nothing like them.. well it does a little but you know what i mean....right?
    ok so it LOOKS like them but they are too 3D.... or something i dunno i'm dumb... :P :P :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back