• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    In counter to my spam, may I request a new poll/topic of discussion? I have two:

#1: Do the Lati's have feathers or fur? The games say "they are covered in a glass-like down", which I would think means feathers, but I'm not sure.

#2: Are Latias' eyes intended to be gold or yellow in color? I can never decide.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Okay and can we have the next topic now about Latias and Latios? I will post it later.

~Rene~ :t025:

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I have a challenge for the members of the fanclub. In each post, they must use size 7 font! Wheez.

FUR.Because it just looks like fur. If it was feathers, it would stick out on the wings, and such.

GOLD. Pah. Because it looks better, and yellow is so damn boring. I actually think they should've been blue, to match the opposites, like Latios.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Apparently Latias will be a pokeball in Brawl. Here's hoping!

Anyways, the tufts on the Lati's wings and ears would lead me to say feathers. They look feather-ish, so I'm settling on that.

For eye color, I'm settling on gold. Although blue would seem to work better, as Maddy said already.

Last edited:
    Years
    Apparently Latias will be a pokeball in Brawl. Here's hoping!

Anyways, the tufts on the Lati's wings and ears would lead me to say feathers. They look feather-ish, so I'm settling on that.

For eye color, I'm settling on gold. Although blue would seem to work better, as Maddy said already.

Latias?

Cool. Would of thought they'd choose Latios.

I think they look alot more faether-ish too but still they could be anything.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    My source may not be reliable, but I think it may actually be both Latios and Latias. They fly to opposite sides of the screen, and then rush across, one hitting high and one hitting low.

In other news, happy birthday, ~Rene~ ;)

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    I have a challenge for the members of the fanclub. In each post, they must use size 7 font! Wheez.

FUR.Because it just looks like fur. If it was feathers, it would stick out on the wings, and such.

GOLD. Pah. Because it looks better, and yellow is so damn boring. I actually think they should've been blue, to match the opposites, like Latios.
    I am not sure what is my answer. I think I will choose Fur for Latias and Latios.

My source may not be reliable, but I think it may actually be both Latios and Latias. They fly to opposite sides of the screen, and then rush across, one hitting high and one hitting low.

In other news, happy birthday, ~Rene~ ;)
    Thanks, txeclipse. But can you don't say it in this club? It's off-topic.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Thanks, txeclipse. But can you don't say it in this club? It's off-topic.

Its okay Rene ~_^ Were all members here! ...so celebrations are okay desu~

As for fur or feathers? Id say definately feathers. (Or "down", like they say, which is actually the furry, feathery stuff you find on baby chicks! (aww xD) so I guess its a bit of both. how clever! xD)

Ive always been partial to Latias's gold eyes, and Ive preferred them over blue desu~(cause some ppl draw her that way and it bugs me D:) the color-combination is a little more interesting. (Latios's blue red blue red seems a bit bland =/)

...and Maddy, since I have NOT forgotten, catching the Latis with Wobuffett is easy. Make sure he's level 35-40 (try not to go too high, or else youll 1HKO the poor dragon) And the moveset? What else is there besides Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Destiny Bond?

Just keep MCing till the HP gets down low, and then chuck ultraballs at Latias or Latios. (buy up to around 100 of them to be safe) They cant run away because of Wobuffett's ability! So things are good desu~! 8D

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Its okay Rene ~_^ Were all members here! ...so celebrations are okay desu~

As for fur or feathers? Id say definately feathers. (Or "down", like they say, which is actually the furry, feathery stuff you find on baby chicks! (aww xD) so I guess its a bit of both. how clever! xD)

Ive always been partial to Latias's gold eyes, and Ive preferred them over blue desu~(cause some ppl draw her that way and it bugs me D:) the color-combination is a little more interesting. (Latios's blue red blue red seems a bit bland =/)

...and Maddy, since I have NOT forgotten, catching the Latis with Wobuffett is easy. Make sure he's level 35-40 (try not to go too high, or else youll 1HKO the poor dragon) And the moveset? What else is there besides Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Destiny Bond?

Just keep MCing till the HP gets down low, and then chuck ultraballs at Latias or Latios. (buy up to around 100 of them to be safe) They cant run away because of Wobuffett's ability! So things are good desu~! 8D
    Okay, I understand. And good answer you have, Ratiasu-kun. Can you think of the next topic about the Latis?

EDIT: 5300th post!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Thats alot of posts.

Looking at your av Ratiasu-kun it looks like yellow eyes.

By the way , Can I ask an unrelated to topic question, Ratiasu?

Pheh, its hard to find the perfect "gold" color to color with desu~

And yeah you can! As long as we dont go off on a tangent for more than a page! ^_^;

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Okay and we will let Skii to post the next topic. Anyway, here's a picture of Latias:
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I don't know how many times I've seen that picture D:

Lol. Happy Birthday, Rene. And Happy 5300th post. I wish I had that many... :3

Thanks Kai. Now I have to get my butt together and actually get it done. Soon, mebe.

Oh, there's this stuff on my birdies, when they fluff up, there's these little feather things that are feathery, but not exactly feather. Mebe thats down, and I would think the Latis' coat is made of that.

Years
    Sure its past now but Happy birthday and 300th post.

Anyway, Ratiasu, what does Desu mean?

New topic erm...
    Do you prefer the shinys or normals of Lati@s?
    Despite My sig, I'm saying Normals.

Latios shiny looks terrible.
    While Latias has a better shiny its normal is amazing enough.

So normals. :D

(Sorry for the lame topic I cant think.)

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Sure its past now but Happy birthday and 300th post.

Anyway, Ratiasu, what does Desu mean?

New topic erm...
    Do you prefer the shinys or normals of Lati@s?
    Despite My sig, I'm saying Normals.

Latios shiny looks terrible.
    While Latias has a better shiny its normal is amazing enough.

So normals. :D

(Sorry for the lame topic I cant think.)

ah about desu~... (I should keep track about how many ppl ask me about this or immitate me! 8D)

Used in a way that's grammatically correct in Japanese, its a verb that means "that is", "it is", "I am" ... really, a verb with the infinitive being "to be". But when thrust at the end of a sentence (like many anime characters do), it becomes a grammatically meaningless part of a sentence, except perhaps to express politeness or emphasis desu~ It's kinda like in English when sometimes people end their sentence in "that is", that is.

Moving on to topic desu~ x3

Although a golden Latias is pretty and all, I prefer the normal versions of both Latias and Latios. It just seems more honest. Whenever I see a shiny Lati online, its pretty much guarenteed that they cheated or hacked in some way for it. They become more of a trophy-piece than a Pokémon that you caught and raised and trained yourself.

Normals all t'way, even though I've never seen t'shinies.

Actually, my game won't let me get to them, so I've never seen them in t'game.

Its not that the game wont let you, its just that its incredibly rare to come across a shiny Lati (or any shiny desu~ I, personally, have been lucky enough to catch a legit, shiny Zigzagoon, which is now a Linoone). The chance of encountering a shiny Pokémon is less than a 0.015% probability rate. Yeah.... reeeeeeeaaaallly low! x_x So unless you have many months on your hands, dont bother soft-resetting for one every day for one.

You'll go crazy.

Desu~

President Showaddywaddy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Normals all t'way, even though I've never seen t'shinies.

Actually, my game won't let me get to them, so I've never seen them in t'game.

Actually what I meant was that I'd never seen t'Latis in t'game, Full Stop.

I've always got stuck after t'gym in Mauville, so I never got to sky pillar.

But I agree with you, t'normals look more honest. And besides, what's t'point of shinies?

It's 1 in 8314 or summat like that chance to get one, and t'only difference is t'colour. If it upped stats like Pokerus, than it might be worth the many moons trying to find one, but otherwise, I'd give it a miss.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I was lucky enough to find a shiny Starly, funnily enough, my first shiny, and my first pokemon I saw, other than the wild one you see first and your starter pokemon.

Unfortunatly, I'm not lucky enough to have caught a Latis D:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    The way you say desu reminds me of the characters from Animal Crossing, Ratiasu.

I'm going to say that I like Shiny Latias and Non-shiny Latias about the same. I like non-shiny simply because it's the original and looks great, and I like shiny because gold (body) and teal (eyes) is one of my favorite color combinations.

On the other hand, I like normal Latios better than Shiny Latios. Don't know why, but it may have something to do with blue (average, everyday blue, that is) being my favorite color. Teal just doesn't work right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back