• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Cool! I've visited this thread a million times without joining it! ????? Well then can I join? Cool fan-art though.

PS. I like Latios better, the serious, determined overprotective brother of Latias(Although she's gorgeous, Latios fits me personality well.)

Alright then! Welcome to the club! ^_^

I see now, that's good. Did you draw any Latios fanarts?

~Rene~ :t025:

Well I have a few, but they were done a while back, and thus aren't as good as my more recent pictures:

Old Practice Sketch
    Part of a Collection of other Characters
    Even Older Drawing

I should probably do some more, eh? ^^;

Who else would make her cry?? WAS IT... LX.2? D:

It's not that big.

lol, it couldn't be her! Lx.2 herself has cried like 3 times already! :0

I have a pic similar to that...but it's a Dragonair and it's not raining, lol. Anyways, you really just bust those out, don't you? I've been working on my Dragonair one for roughly...(counts on fingers) six months or so. Yeah.

You should heavily consider doing some type of comic or manga. You have a very nice style, and I think it would be heavily praised. I'd read it, at least.

EDIT: Guess I should check out your deviantart page more. You have a fanfic? This I did not know...

Well, that earlier one was a little older, but the raining one was more recent, so I just posted those two back to back. :3 But most of my pics take from 4-12 hours (non-consecutive), depending on content.

I have considered doing one of those, but those are a lot of work, and school has been a pain lately... ^^;

Well, that's not exactly a fanfic per se, as it is an original story. But yeah, I've been writing that for a bit. It's hard work! xD

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Yipee!!!! Cool! Now I can post me Latios art!.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

I call it "Latios, Dragon Claw Style(soft style)"

The only mistake here is the lines. No shading here first 'cause the backdrop is dark. I might post better arts next time. Plus, the wierd this is, to me Latios is easier to draw than Latias! Latios sleek and sharped angled if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Hm! That's quite good! The shape of Latios is almost spot-on! I might suggest using some blur filters on the Dragon Claw to make it look more swirly and powerful! :3

For whatever reason, I always find Latios harder to draw. |D It's those dang ears! The smaller, stubbier Latias is easier for me. :3 But probably should practice on Latios some more.

Great fanart! Let's keep 'em coming!

Here's a mediocre topic xD:

How do you think the Latis' personalities would change if Latias was the older, larger sibling, while Latios was the younger one?

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Nice fanarts, everyone. I like them. Anyway, I will answer the new topic.
    How do you think the Latis' personalities would change if Latias was the older, larger sibling, while Latios was the younger one?
    I think Latias will take care for the younger Latios.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I'm not sure. I guess it would be like the usual "older sister, younger brother" complex but only a little different. If anything I would say that Latias would be more motherly and Latios would be more of a trickster in that case.

Woah, I've not posted here for too long myself....In fact a few people haven't

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Nice answer, everyone. And I got a new topic. Here's one:
    What will be Latias and Latios's favourite move?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Oof. Interesting topic there. First off, let me say that I'm pretty sure Latias' favorite move is not Mist Ball. Having your feathers pulled out would be...the opposite of fun. Anyways, Solarbeam would be high up on the list, but Fly would probably take the cake (in terms of fun, that is).

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Latias: Mist Ball
    Latios: Luster Purge

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Nice answer, everyone. And I got a new topic. Here's one:

Considering Latias's defensive nature, and how often she uses it in the movie, I think her favorite move is Safeguard (funny, because that's what my Latias always uses xP).

Latios is a toughie, the only real move we see him use is at the end, tackling the wave with what looks like Luster Purge.

On a side note, I think this April Fool is hilarious! I think Moderator Blue goes well with Latias's red to make a wonderful Lati-colored combo, don't you think? ^_^

And welcome back, SF! Or should I say, Riolu? =P I'll have to change your name and Maddy's on the list later.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw Kai as moderator. xDD
    Then I realised everyone has it. I guess it's the same with this Mudkip thing on DA.

... Er, Latias' is that Tickle Attack one and Latios' is some super-massive-uber-ultra-mega-awesome-lightning one. C:

EDIT: AH MA GAWDZ FIRST PAGE I STOEL YER PLACE KAI. C:

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Nice answers, everyone. I think Latias and Latios's signature moves were my favourites. Because they are powerful.

Horizon Knight

Whoo, I've been gone way, way too long, so I've got a lot of topics to answer and some fanart to compliment. But, I suppose I should get to the fun stuff first...with the presentation of some long-overdue fanart!!

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Absolutely no idea where this one came from, but I can't express how much of an improvement it is over my past art. Hooray for no more thick and unattractive lines! Expect a Latios version of this baby sometime soon.

On a side note... FANARTZ!

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

dAlink

Fan-freakin'-tastic! The whole mood of the picture is just amazing! I mean, it's sad, but in a cool-looking way (if that makes any sense)! You have a talent for setting up moods, Ratiasu-kun!

I'll just skip the whole "Volta crying" debate and say that I seriously need to practice digital lighting and shadows...

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

The only mistake here is the lines. No shading here first 'cause the backdrop is dark. I might post better arts next time. Plus, the wierd this is, to me Latios is easier to draw than Latias! Latios sleek and sharped angled if you know what I mean.

Welcome to the club! The way you describe drawing Latios makes sense; Latios does have to be pretty angular and sharp in order to be aerodynamic. That might help me a bit, actually...

Great Latios drawing, especially with that Dragon Claw attack! I'd recommend making your next pictures a little less blurry, but hey, it's Latios, and it looks awesome. Can't wait to see what else you artistically crank out!

So, erm...what were the topics, again? Let's see...

Undoubtedly, the older Latias would become the more serious and caring sibling, while the younger Latios would be more adventurous and naive. There just can't be any other formula, can there?

This is tough...I definitely agree that Mist Ball and Luster Purge wouldn't be their favorite moves, even if they were their signature moves. I'd have to say that Latias would enjoy a Special Attack like Ice Beam; it's powerful, strategic, and freakin' hilarious to imagine. I wonder if Latias would ever get brain-freeze or something...

Anyways, Latios would probably like Psychic, simply because, frankly, it's one of the best moves in the game. I can imagine that Latios would enjoy the ability to annihilate anything or anyone that gives him trouble.

First off, let me say that I'm pretty sure Latias' favorite move is not Mist Ball. Having your feathers pulled out would be...the opposite of fun.

You, sir, just gave me a great idea for a random comic! I'll see if I can ink and color it up in a jiffy...

Man, this was a long post. Sorry for the extensive read, people...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    C: I draw Latias a bit. Actually, that request you asked me for Kai, I've almost finished it!
    I haven't actually photoshopped a Latias in some time.. hrm.

Awesome. What does Latias approve, exactly? xD

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Whoo, I've been gone way, way too long, so I've got a lot of topics to answer and some fanart to compliment. But, I suppose I should get to the fun stuff first...with the presentation of some long-overdue fanart!!

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Absolutely no idea where this one came from, but I can't express how much of an improvement it is over my past art. Hooray for no more thick and unattractive lines! Expect a Latios version of this baby sometime soon.

Fan-freakin'-tastic! The whole mood of the picture is just amazing! I mean, it's sad, but in a cool-looking way (if that makes any sense)! You have a talent for setting up moods, Ratiasu-kun!

I'll just skip the whole "Volta crying" debate and say that I seriously need to practice digital lighting and shadows...

Welcome to the club! The way you describe drawing Latios makes sense; Latios does have to be pretty angular and sharp in order to be aerodynamic. That might help me a bit, actually...

Great Latios drawing, especially with that Dragon Claw attack! I'd recommend making your next pictures a little less blurry, but hey, it's Latios, and it looks awesome. Can't wait to see what else you artistically crank out!

So, erm...what were the topics, again? Let's see...

Undoubtedly, the older Latias would become the more serious and caring sibling, while the younger Latios would be more adventurous and naive. There just can't be any other formula, can there?

This is tough...I definitely agree that Mist Ball and Luster Purge wouldn't be their favorite moves, even if they were their signature moves. I'd have to say that Latias would enjoy a Special Attack like Ice Beam; it's powerful, strategic, and freakin' hilarious to imagine. I wonder if Latias would ever get brain-freeze or something...

Anyways, Latios would probably like Psychic, simply because, frankly, it's one of the best moves in the game. I can imagine that Latios would enjoy the ability to annihilate anything or anyone that gives him trouble.

You, sir, just gave me a great idea for a random comic! I'll see if I can ink and color it up in a jiffy...

Man, this was a long post. Sorry for the extensive read, people...
    Nice Latias fanart, Horizon Knight. And good answers you have too. Did you draw it?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

When I saw this, I immediately thought "LATIAS FOR PRESIDENT!" And I'd so vote for her! xD Latios can be vice, of course.

Thanks for the compliment! ^_^ I suppose it really does come down to the way the colors are manipulated. I put a blue-gray fog over the entire picture, and it changed the mood completely from bright and divine (it really was too bright xD) to dark and dismal.

Afterwards, all shading is is just looking at where the light falls! I think you'll be quite good at it once you give it a few tries!

I'd think the same thing! :3 Take Volta for example, she loves messing around with Thunderbolt! xD

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    On a side note... FANARTZ!

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

dAlink

epic fanartz. Wish i could do anything like that.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

i see where you're coming from. I find latios way easier to do than latias. Probably because i've done a lot more fanarts of him, but i'm branching out some now.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Ratiasu-kun, you took the words right outta my mouth. Latias for president!

As for what moves i think would be Their favorites, Latios i can't decide on. But Latias, it's funny. Once my new scanner comes in (hopefully by friday) i can show this cool new fanart of her charging a certain attack. What attack? i'll leave it up to you to guess, but I'll give you two hints. One, I'm a fan of Dragon Ball (except for GT, but I digress.) which is where this attack originated. And, it's also the name of Hawaii's last king.

that's all for now. I'm off to watch more dragonball. (12 episodes in one day so far. Yay!)

So, this is Commander Latios, signing out.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Latias for president, for the win! Well, I dun live in America, so.. Latias for Prime Minister? C:

Bah, I keep forgetting Volta's markings for that sketch Kai D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back