• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Level Problem

Years
    • Seen today
    He doesnt need to be improved.
    He is still (with Steven and Barry) The strongest pokemon trainer in any game.
    I mean peopke have struggled with him !
    Although i think they could increse his levels each time you defeat him until he hits the ninties mark with one or 2 of his pokemon

and you used rare candies.... If you had put work in to make your team powerfull you would have been satisfied

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Well, after 11 years, Game Freak has some experience now. They've become experts with Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. I think after all this time, you can expect the AI to be better. Also, there are new moves and all that. It's much easier to strategize. No need to change the Pokémon themselves, you can expect Red to be good like Barry.

Kumata

Webcomic artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Red doesn't need to be improved... but hot damn it'll be awesome if he is. Like the rival in FR/LG, he could get an updated team...

And I don't remember leveling in G/S/C ever being harder than leveling usually is in a Pokémon game...

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
  • They increased the levels of wild Pokemon in Platinum didn't they? I don't have the game so I'm not sure but if they did then we can be sure the level problems from G/S/C will be fixed.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • No, because Battleground is the most overrated, boring and useless piece of crap ever. The levels of your pokemon MUST equal the same as their's which is stupid, whats the bloody fun if everyone is all level 50, 60, 70, etc.? Its stupid, and what this guy is saying is not similar to battleground.
    Somebody can't tell the difference between Battleground and Battle Frontier...

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • It really needs to be fixed. I was trying to get the last badge while facing off against level 23 wild Pokemon, which was not an easy task.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    Pokemon can grow levels????
    jk

all they need to do is make the elite four a little stronger along with the Kanto Leaders

Last edited:

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    lol i hope the pokemon get up to at least in the 30s but other wise i think the whole level problem is there to stay,that way nintendo makes the game a lil harder,but i think they should move Larvitar outta silver cave and somewhere earilier and away from lv40 pokemon

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    i agree. Red was crap! Lance was a cheat with a lv50 Dragonite while the Kanto gym leaders disappointed me. C'mon you're the Johto champion and Janine has Lv30s
    My god!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In my opinion, I liked that they were under level because it made the game more of a challenge for us.

Well, this depends on who might have difficulty with lower levels and who may not. For some, those who tried to train more than one Pokémon at a time might have found it harder because it would take too long. Those who stuck with probably their starter alone throughout the entire game might have found it easier as it was only one Pokémon to train and sweep through the entire game.

However, to keep up with more of the modern time games and watching the comparison between the old and new, things seemed to have been a bit easier back then, than they are now. For example, if you look at Platinum, a lot more have found it harder than Diamond and Pearl because levels were brought up higher. Not to forget, people are training more than one Pokémon for their team and may be a bit lazy to do training now a days. So, again it really all depends, but to me I see them raising the levels [if not before] then after the main plot to keep up with Platinum's higher level standards.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I HATED THE LEVELS! I mean really a level 9 PIDGEOTTO??Did Falkner use AR?? and Bugby had a Metapod and Kakuna good enough to evolve but NO he did'nt. Lance LV 50???? I know nintendo wants the levels low for Kanto but Why?!?! The highest GL In Kanto had Lv 50s (I Think) but the first like 4 should instead and the next 3 in the 60s and Blue in the 70s and 80s so red can have lv 90 - 100 Pkmn.Honestly I don't care if they changed it but if they did it'd be great

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    The elite four was disappointing.
    Did anyone else notice agatha was missing?
    OMIGAWSH SHE DED?

Back