• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

^^THe MEAning OF LifE^^

Rindiny

Fwee!!!^^
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    That really was not funny, dude. No offense. We shouldn't be making fun of gods will in any way, whether it's kidding around or not....

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
  • The meaning of life? To not make stupid topics. Guess you should kill yourself now, since you have no point in living anymore

Hey, this topic is for thinkers, so if you don't ponder enough, it is dumb.

Basically, we're all here for God's entertainment XD

Entertainment? He wants us to be happy, not Him.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I'm not here to get into a debate with any religious fanatics, but really, that's honestly what I believe, I wasn't kidding.

But life is what we make of it, not pre-determined at birth; there really isn't a true meaning of it in my opinion.

The meaning of life? To not make stupid topics. Guess you should kill yourself now, since you have no point in living anymore.

...that is easily the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone here say, seriously. If you're not that interested in the topic, and think the poster of it should kill themselfs, then why the hell did you even bother posting in it?

Lunux

<-- My recolours!!!
    Years
  • God is everything. that's what i beleive. everything is here was meant to be here. so you would probably say "so you believe in destiny?"; no to a certain extent. you have a path set out for you but you can change it if you try.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
  • I don't believe in destiny or fate whatsoever. If someone determines your fate, you know that you can change it even with one word. You are your own fate. Your life is in your hands, not some wannabe psychic.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • If I do have a "fate" or predetermined "destiney" and assuming y'all would tie it in with god and him wanting us to have great lives, then I'd be a basketball player, and everyone else would have a enoyable life, so why would we go off and try and change our fate then?

Exactly. No offense to you religious people, but there are countless facts proving against any form of a higher entity, then again I could be wrong, I don't know. However, I don't really care either, as I had mentioned before, my life ciircles around basketball, and thats just about all I care about.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
  • Killer-Swift is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Life is about doing what would be good in your point of view. If you at least try, then you're good. Life is random. You will get ripped off, or you will win the lottery.

Sure, religion and God brought us here, but we should also do what we want, and what is good.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    The meaning of life is. 42

You won't have a good chance of finding it on the internet.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Meaning of Life:

Life is a condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally. A diverse array of living organisms can be found in the biosphere on Earth. Properties common to these organisms – plants, animals, fungi, protists, archaea and bacteria – are a carbon and water-based cellular form with complex organization and genetic information. They undergo metabolism, possess a capacity to grow, respond to stimuli, reproduce and, through natural selection, adapt to their environment in successive generations.

An entity with the above properties is considered to be a living organism, that is an organism that is alive hence can be called a life form. However, not every definition of life considers all of these properties to be essential. For example, the capacity for descent with modification is often taken as the only essential property of life. This definition notably includes viruses, which do not qualify under narrower definitions as they are acellular and do not metabolise. Broader definitions of life may also include theoretical non-carbon-based life and other alternative biology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life#Definitions

:3 THANKS, WIKIPEDIA <3 There's your meaning/definition of life!
    (Meaning= synonym for definition >3 and I hath provided one!)

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
  • Ummm.... Kura, I think we were talking about WHY we were here, WHY we carry out these 6 basic life processes. Wikipedia is in the scientifics, not the opinions.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • To be honest, Yoshistar, I only have a vague definition of what I think life means to me. I don't think I'm old enough yet to give a proper response, and mine was kinda contradictory, so I decided to take the scientific side of it to post in here. I guess people don't take the whole of life into consideration, because they don't think of other things like plants and organisms~

.o. Anyways, I'm taking Philosophy class this semester, actually.. and I was browsing wikipedia. I really liked this one article-thing that I found on it~

https://www.scribd.com/doc/1016/Life-from-birth-to-death/

It gives a big philosophical stand-by on what life really means.
    I was gonna edit my last point to include this, actually.. but the edit button wouldn't show up for me for some reason.

Ullion

Years
  • LOL MD! I remember that.. 42.. that was from... tsk oh ya! Hitch Hikers' guide to the galaxy! xDD

Dr. SmoothSeks

Bow, foolish mortals!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2007
    I'm not here to get into a debate with any religious fanatics, but really, that's honestly what I believe, I wasn't kidding.

But life is what we make of it, not pre-determined at birth; there really isn't a true meaning of it in my opinion.

...that is easily the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone here say, seriously. If you're not that interested in the topic, and think the poster of it should kill themselfs, then why the hell did you even bother posting in it?

Because without me, (s)he wouldn't know that I want him/her to kill him/herself.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • *Puts own religion on the side for a second*
    Well, if you ask me, I think the meaning of life could be purpose. In other words Destiny or Meaning. Everything has a purpose and a meaning. The speakers on the computer were meant to be on your computer and were meant to help you listen to music and what not. I highly dought that I, or any of us are right but if you don't work out the problem, you won't find the answer so I think it is a good thing to keep pursuing this unsolved question. If we never looked for answers about the past then we would never have found ancient tombs or dinosaur bones. I honestly can't explain much about how i'm thinking but I will try. Earth was made for a purpose. To give us a home to live on. Don't you think it is weird that earth is the only planet that has the necessary things for life. Yes there is a chance of other planets like earth, but why would they be so far away? And with the theory of the sun exploding, I think that the other planets are there for a reason. But then again, if we were ment to move there then why wouldn't they have the necessary things for life? Are we being tested to see how much we can do? Or are we just supposed to become extinct? And whats worse is that we are killing the planet and it is so easy to not kill earth yet we still do. We and everything else have been created to do something in life and yes I know this has been repeated alot but I just want you to understand what i'm thinking. Nothing is here just to fill space. Yes you control your own life but even though you take a different path, the location is the same. But hey, we could all be right and then again, we could all be wrong. But the thing is, you just never know until you solve the question.

I love making posts like this, it makes me feel smart.

Ullion

Years
  • Ya, I half-felt like that when i posted my sperm/egg scietific post. xD

Just to let you know though, there ARE other planets capable of carrying life forms. I mean, think of it like this, How many galaxies there are? Next to limitless. I mean... for the Milky way, our solar system itself is like 0.001% of it, and we have M classed planet. M class meaning it can carry life. I may have the letter wrong. Eitherway, imagine how many other M class planets there could be in the milky way, not to mention the entrie universe. We aren't alone, oh young one.

Dr. SmoothSeks

Bow, foolish mortals!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2007
    Oh wow. That's not very nice, is it? I think I'll report you for that very rude comment. Choose your words wisely next time.

You really think I care, don't you? Being reported isn't exactly the worst possible torture anyone could ever recieve. As for that last sentence, you should remember that as well. If you would choose your words wisely, you might seem intelligent. "Might" is the key word, of course.

Years
  • You really think I care, don't you? Being reported isn't exactly the worst possible torture anyone could ever recieve. As for that last sentence, you should remember that as well. If you would choose your words wisely, you might seem intelligent. "Might" is the key word, of course.

It can be when you get warned and then banned, but if you don't care about a report, I assume you don't care about a ban one bit.

But still, it doesn't change the fact it was downright rude and could hurt feelings.

Now, let's drop this argument before it gets any worse and get back on topic. I don't want to see anything more on this in this thread.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    The meaning of life, to me, is to know that life isn't easy, and to be able to get around the problems in a righteous way, thus you'll truly enjoy life and understand what it's all about. Life is like an adventure, and learn new things everyday, and you must take these aboard with you, in order to accomplish in life.

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
  • The meaning of life is to live without asking the question "What is the meaning of life?". Dude don't bother asking or thinking about this.

Back