• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ~Miiverse~ Topic

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • miiverse_logo.png

Alrighty, as you know, the Miiverse allows you communicate with other players from around the world through the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS. so, I'd love this topic to be for all of you to discuss the Miiverse, your experiences in it, as well as any impressions that you may have of it. Feel free to discuss!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I love creating Mii's that resemble fictional and real characters I remember there was a website dedicated to making Mii's that look like people such as Homer Simpson, Morpheos from the Matrix, Voldermort etc.
    I don't own either a WiiU or a 3DS but I remember using something in the Wii it was called a plaza or something I used it a few times but I think it was like the testing grounds for the Miiverse correct me if im wrong.

Sortiariux

Pokémon Wizard
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Personally, my experience in the Miiverse has mainly been seeing a bunch of ridiculously talented people drawing the most amazing Pokémon or Legend of Zelda drawings and posting those in the communities. I think that the idea in theory was good for Nintendo however in terms of practicality, if anyone has any questions the best way would be to Google that and I feel like the Miiverse is primarily just spam, mixed in with those amazing doodles of course. I can only say this after visiting the Pokémon and Legend of Zelda communities so I cannot really say this for Miiverse as a whole.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Personally, my experience in the Miiverse has mainly been seeing a bunch of ridiculously talented people drawing the most amazing Pokémon or Legend of Zelda drawings and posting those in the communities. I think that the idea in theory was good for Nintendo however in terms of practicality, if anyone has any questions the best way would be to Google that and I feel like the Miiverse is primarily just spam, mixed in with those amazing doodles of course. I can only say this after visiting the Pokémon and Legend of Zelda communities so I cannot really say this for Miiverse as a whole.
    Have you used it? I've got help from Miiverse quicker than I could use google. The thing is great. It's also more practical if you want specifics and less risky in terms of spoilers.

Miiverse also managed to get younger people to be able to enjoy Super Metroid because they get help when they got stuck. Warms my heart to see a new generation play the amazing game without complaining that it's too hard or how easy it is to get lost.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Miiverse also managed to get younger people to be able to enjoy Super Metroid because they get help when they got stuck. Warms my heart to see a new generation play the amazing game without complaining that it's too hard or how easy it is to get lost.
    Not from what I've heard on youtube. Veteran players shunned the new generation for getting stuck on the older games (remember the infamous "Why Cant Metroid Crawl"), to which several videos and blog sites were made dedicated to bad Miiverse posts. Not only that, there's a lot of ridiculous/impossible Miiverse posts at the Smash Bros. Community group, to which Smashboards made a thread dedicated to these type of posts to either laugh or cringe to their hearts' contempt. Miiverse is both a blessing and a curse at the same time.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The same guy who made that "y cant metroid crawl" managed to beat the game THANKS to Miiverse actually...then he got banned for trying to sell something on Miiverse.

Most of the stupid posts that go on these twitter are mostly actually meaningless head scratching posts, usually just spam. I haven't seen a post there about someone actually asking for help. I wouldn't pay Smashboards any attention either, since members there really aren't any better.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I love creating Mii's that resemble fictional and real characters I remember there was a website dedicated to making Mii's that look like people such as Homer Simpson, Morpheos from the Matrix, Voldermort etc.
    I don't own either a WiiU or a 3DS but I remember using something in the Wii it was called a plaza or something I used it a few times but I think it was like the testing grounds for the Miiverse correct me if im wrong.
    You're referring to the "Check Mii Out" channel. It's not really related to the Miiverse, it was just a channel to get usermade miis.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • Hmm, I myself have not been in any other community other than the Pokemon X and Y one so I can't give a clear judgement on how the thing is as a whole. But I think it's usually a pretty cool place to ask for help and the like and stare at pretty art.

Also a good place for someone like me to practice drawing since I'm so bad at drawing with a pencil and paper.

And like everyone has said in past posts, there are ups and there are downs, just like (almost?) anything in life.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I don't really like visiting Miiverse other than looking at those amazing drawings of like Mario, Zelda and such. But I hate all the other garbage like the stupid things people post on Miiverse like "im missing my dusknior (queen boo) i always travel with her if i could id marry her." Whatever, you where I'm getting to, I'm saying it there is barely any intelligent life on Miiverse... I'm sorry if I offended anyone by the last point is true IMO.

Back