• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Monotype Challenge Re:Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Part #2 - Misty-eyed​

It's weird, but I've been remembering all sorts of little things that I'd forgotten about before now. Like how Zubat is Poison/Flying and learns Bite. A dark-type move. Which is super effective against Misty's Starmie, which has been the bane of my existence since it gave me the most brutal wakeup call imaginable when I was 10 years old and playing Pokemon Red for the first time. I've always had a low-key dread of facing Misty since then, even though I've been able to counter her easily since then.

Anyways, I caught a Zubat when I reached Mt. Moon, which I swapped out for my Butterfree immediately - Butterfree being the only member of my planned team I'm prepared to do without, simply because it's not really all that useful in the later stages of the game - and it took me about an hour to get Zubat to level 16 so it'd learn Bite and actually be able to win a battle without me needing to rush immediately to the Pokemon Center to heal it, and then another hour to get it to Level 22 so it would evolve...I ended up going across Nugget Bridge for that because grinding in the grass before Cerulean City was too slow and too tedious.

Misty was pretty easy. Golbat swept the entire Gym. I got VERY lucky though, because she hit me with 4 Water Pulse across the battle and not one scored a lucky crit or inflicted confusion. Whilst I had Pidgeotto and Charmeleon (HA) for backup, the battle would have been significantly more tedious had she managed to get rid of my Golbat early on. Damn that Starmie.

I'm playing very casually, in-between things, so it might be a while before I reach Lt. Surge. The Magikarp I'll capture will take forever to train, and I tend to train my Pokemon a set number of levels between Gyms. I'll want a team of Level 25s by then, so I've got a ways to go! I wonder if my Golbat could evolve into Crobat before I reach the Elite Four, or if Johto Pokemon are only available postgame...it'll be interesting to find out.

Stats:

Trainer Name: Dawn
    Playtime: 4:10

Current Team
    Water-logged Charmeleon - Level 20
    Pidgeotto Octavius - Level 20
    Golbatman - Level 23

Badges: 2/8

Game(s): Fire Red, HeartGold, Emerald/Alpha Sapphire (depends on my mood), Platinum, White 2, X, Ultra Moon, Shield
    Pokémon Type: Flying
    Single/Ultimate: Ultimate

Years
  • Ultimate Monotype Challenge - Fire Red
    Part #2 - Misty-eyed​

It's weird, but I've been remembering all sorts of little things that I'd forgotten about before now. Like how Zubat is Poison/Flying and learns Bite. A dark-type move. Which is super effective against Misty's Starmie, which has been the bane of my existence since it gave me the most brutal wakeup call imaginable when I was 10 years old and playing Pokemon Red for the first time. I've always had a low-key dread of facing Misty since then, even though I've been able to counter her easily since then.

Anyways, I caught a Zubat when I reached Mt. Moon, which I swapped out for my Butterfree immediately - Butterfree being the only member of my planned team I'm prepared to do without, simply because it's not really all that useful in the later stages of the game - and it took me about an hour to get Zubat to level 16 so it'd learn Bite and actually be able to win a battle without me needing to rush immediately to the Pokemon Center to heal it, and then another hour to get it to Level 22 so it would evolve...I ended up going across Nugget Bridge for that because grinding in the grass before Cerulean City was too slow and too tedious.

Misty was pretty easy. Golbat swept the entire Gym. I got VERY lucky though, because she hit me with 4 Water Pulse across the battle and not one scored a lucky crit or inflicted confusion. Whilst I had Pidgeotto and Charmeleon (HA) for backup, the battle would have been significantly more tedious had she managed to get rid of my Golbat early on. Damn that Starmie.

I'm playing very casually, in-between things, so it might be a while before I reach Lt. Surge. The Magikarp I'll capture will take forever to train, and I tend to train my Pokemon a set number of levels between Gyms. I'll want a team of Level 25s by then, so I've got a ways to go! I wonder if my Golbat could evolve into Crobat before I reach the Elite Four, or if Johto Pokemon are only available postgame...it'll be interesting to find out.

Stats:

Trainer Name: Dawn
    Playtime: 4:10

Current Team
    Water-logged Charmeleon - Level 20
    Pidgeotto Octavius - Level 20
    Golbatman - Level 23

Badges: 2/8

Game(s): Fire Red, HeartGold, Emerald/Alpha Sapphire (depends on my mood), Platinum, White 2, X, Ultra Moon, Shield
    Pokémon Type: Flying

I did play a Poison-Monotype in Fire Red, and of course I used a Zubat, so I know the answer to that...
    Spoiler:

Anyways, here comes another update!

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge!

Yellow, HeartGold, Sigma Σmerald, Platinum, White 2, X, Ultra Sun, Sword.

Additional Rules: - No revives inside battles.
    - No PP stalling by healing all the time.

5. Pokémon White 2 (Challenge Mode) Fighting Monotype update No. 5: A late-game addition to the team!

After getting myself the sixth badge, I headed to explore Reverse Mountain, and new parts of the region. When I reached Undella Bay, I fought my rival. It was a pretty straightforward Lucario beat the Unfezant with 2 Dark Pulses. By using Crunch and Hi Jump Kick, Scrafty dealt with Samurott, and finally Simisage was really easy for Emboar.

And at last, at Route 14, I added a new Pokémon to my team! I caught a female lv 37 Mienfoo, with a Quirky nature. I actually caught 3 of them, and this one had the better stats, so she is a member of the team now! After fighting some trainers, I went through Route 13, and there I caught Cobalion! I know it's a Fighting type Pokémon, but I am not training it.

The battle vs Zinzolin at Lacunosa with my rival was easy, as his Cryogonal and Sneasel are easy for my Fighting-types, the problematic Pokémon was actually the grunt's Golbat with Acrobatics. And at Route 11, I caught Virizion! With the second Dusk Ball! By the way, despite the Eviolite, Mienfoo is quite weak and frail, he is dying all the time. Hopefully she'll evolve soon into Mienshao.

And eventually I reached Opelucid City, the city where we fight for the seventh badge! Time to beat Drayden! It was a bit scary as my team is a bit underleveled (lv 47-48). Let's see how it goes! Druddigon was his first Pokémon. My Emboar did well, doing good damage with Brick Break, while he also hit me hard with Revenge. Both had to heal, and when he was close to losing, he went for Dragon Tail. My Conkeldurr entered the battle and finished him off with Ice Punch. Next up was Altaria. His Dragon Pulse didn't do too much and he fell to a single Ice Punch. Flygon next. I sent Scrafty and with Hi Jump Kick + Crunch I won, although I was left with 33 HP due to Earth Power. And Haxorus was his final Pokémon. And he was silly. First he took down Scrafty, but against Conkeldurr, he set up Dragon Dance twice while I just beat him with 2 Ice Punches… So that's the seventh badge for me!

Team Plasma battles at the city were easy, as Zinzolin uses Ice Pokémon (although Confusion was a bit annoying, my Mienfoo actually fell after hitting herself 3 times despite me healing), and the Shadow Triad member uses Dark-types, easy for my typing. After these battles, I headed to Humilau City, where I saved my game. Next update, we'll aim for the final badge!

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 7.

Current Location: Humilau City.

Number of losses: 1.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    It's been years since I last completed a challenge (I know I did some monotype runs years ago, but I can't remember how many of them I posted about, and it was definitely multiple thread iterations back). I've decided to dive back into things with a water monotype run on a copy of FireRed I recently picked up.

Forum User Name: Imperator161
    Game(s): FireRed
    Pokémon Type: Water
    Single/Ultimate: Single

Depending on how things go, I may think about an ultimate run later, but I don't want to commit to anything too massive right now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Ultimate Dragon monotype Y update

Current progress
    Spoiler:

Current team
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Update #1 for my FireRed water monotype run:

I picked Squirtle as my starter, and headed north out of Pallet Town. After defeating Brock, I bought a Magikarp from a somewhat disreputable-looking salesman outside of Mt. Moon. After many, many battles, said Magikarp finally evolved into Gyarados (and stopped being completely useless).

At this point, I just got Cut on the S.S. Anne, and left to prepare for my third gym battle.

The team:
    -Wartortle level 28
    -Gyarados level 26

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Forum username: Zero-G
    Game: Volt White 2
    Type: Psychic

Let's do this. Updating... eventually when I find the time. Very busy.

Years
  • Just a question. I've Just completed a mono-ice type run of pokemon shield. No legendaries. Would I have to do a separate playthrough for my ultimate ice run all generations, or could this run count?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nvm just read the notice but I have indeed completed shield with a mono-ice run, so i will add it to my list of completed games for my ultimate Ice run if that is allright.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
    Years
  • Nvm just read the notice but I have indeed completed shield with a mono-ice run, so i will add it to my list of completed games for my ultimate Ice run if that is allright.

Doing a Gen 8 run isn't necessary but completely optional yes. I will add it Solo challenges under Gen 8 anyway seeing as that does need to be a thing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2020
    Forum User Name: Faelmine
    Game(s): Fire Red, Heart Gold, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Ultra Moon
    Pokémon Type: Poison

4 badges into Fire Red I remembered reading an earlier thread of this so decided to come make an account to post in here. Will do a post about where I am in the game later

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Monotype Flying Challenge - Pokémon White
    Part 1: Cloud Number Nine

Hello, so I realized I got a Flying monotype run registered in here and decided to start that challenge. I've actually done a Flying monotype before in Pokémon White, but that was not documented, and I figure I'd try it again since I really enjoyed that run, and this time I'll be writing logs as well!

To start off though, I've got no Flying-types until I can catch Pidove in Route 3, after the first gym. But who needs to wait when you've got hax? Seriously though, I kinda didn't want to start the challenge after the first badge, so I decided to replace Oshawott with a Pidove I got from a save editor. It's Adamant nature with Super Luck, the best ability it can get in my opinion, so this should be okay for the first battles! Unfortunately, it only learns Gust for an attacking move until level 11, but that's fine. Bad special attack shouldn't matter too much at this stage of the game. Her name is gonna be Hestia.

As I predicted, the first battles were pretty straightforward. N's fight in Accumula town took a bit longer, but his Purrloin couldn't do much anyway so Pidove had a really easy time there. Bianca and Cheren didn't pose as a problem at all either.

Pidove is now level 13, and I think this should be good for the first gym. Definitely a coincidence that I get to battle the one leader that's weak to Flying-type attacks...

I equipped an Oran Berry on her just to be safe, but it wasn't needed at all. Pidove's Super Luck definitely helped here, since I was able to defeat Lillipup more quickly with a crit Quick Attack. A couple of Gusts later, and Pansage also went down.

Spoiler:

Earlier I also grabbed the Pansear in the Dreamyard to teach him Cut and deposited him later after I battled the twins in Route 3. The battles here were also pretty easy, I'm surprised with Pidove's performance so far. In Wellspring Cave, after battling some Grunts alongside Cheren, I'm able to get my second team member: Woobat! I'm not actually sure how long I'm going to keep him in the team, since I'm planning to catch a better Psychic/Flying Pokémon later on, but he's staying for a while to give Pidove some company. I named him Apollo.

A trainer in this Route had a Roggenrolla, which was the first resistance I came across so far. Thankfully I won't battle too many Rock-types until I can get a counter type for it... I hope.

Here in Nacrene, I trained both my Pokémon so they could reach a reasonable level, and Pidove also evolved into Tranquill during this grinding session!

Defeating N once again and the remaining trainers at the gym, it was time to face Lenora. Both my Pokémon were level 20+, same as her ace, so this should be fine? Once again, I equipped yet another berry on Hestia, this time the Chesto Berry, to counter that nasty Hypnosis her Watchog carries.

For the battle, I led with Apollo my Woobat, to deal some cheap damage on Herdier while also avoiding getting an Intimidate drop on Hestia. Once Apollo fainted, I brought Hestia to the field and took down her Herdier. For Watchog, I set up with one Work Up and, what do you know, she used Hypnosis! Thankfully that berry healed it up and I'm able to attack him the next turn. She used Hypnosis again and this time I had to use one of my Awakenings, but it's fine. In this turn she finally goes for Retaliate, and I'm glad she didn't go straight to it in the first turn Watchog was in the field, that would've destroyed my Tranquill. Super Luck thankfully strikes again and a crit is able to knock Watchog out!

Spoiler:

This is where I'm logging off for now. I'm going to fight Team Plasma in the Pinwheel Forest and update once I get one or two more badges!

Team:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just realized I kind of had the challenge sitting in the backseat for about a month or two now and have forgotten to update. The run is a psychic-type run of Shield I started last December

I'll give some main highlights of the first 3 gyms.

- Chose Scorbunny as a starter, boxed it for a Blipbug I named Eyelight.
    - Evolved it to Dottler to fight Hop on route 2.
    - Caught a Baltoy in the Wild Area, named it Toy, as well as caught a Munna using the Max Raid den in the Watchtower Ruins, named it Infinitee.
    - Did Pokémon things up to Milo.
    - Defeated Milo, went to Route 5, caught an Espurr and named it Echo.
    - Evolved Echo into Meowstic.
    - Beat Nessa, I think her Drednaw was a bit difficult.
    - Went through Galar Mine No. 2, and caught a Hatenna in the Motostoke outskirts, named it Good Feels.
    - Had a grueling two battled with Marnie and Kabu.
    - Marnie was difficult due to her using Dark types, and having only Disarming Voice on Good Feels & Echo, as well as Struggle Bug on Eyelight.
    - Kabu was just brutal, most of my team was (and still is) unevolved, and I had 0 coverage for fire types besides Toy with Ancient Power & Sand Tomb.
    - Made it through the Wild Area again, also catching a Bronzor which I named Timewarp.
    - Settled down in Hammerlocke and promptly began to procrastinate the playthrough.

After that, I finally got back to the playthrough today, and got through Route 6 with not many close calls, evolved Eyelight into Orbeetle, had an oddly tough fight against Hop in Stow-On-Side (Cramorant & Thwackey gave some trouble), the managed to catch a Oranguru that I named Moderation in the Glimwood Tangle.

The basic goals are to beat the Stow-On-Side gyms and then think about what other Psychic types in Glimwood Tangle I could catch.

Another important thing to note is I'm not 100% sure on the general opinion of Max Raids for these types of runs, so the date I caught Munna was December 6th, 2019. Doesn't look to be banned but I just need to make sure.

The Team
    Spoiler:

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Volt White 2 Mono Psychic Update #1

i hate my intelligence (decided to pick Tepig as a starter to give my rival something that isn't inherently weak to my STAB but forgot that the Oshawott line becomes Water/Fighting in the long run. TWICE.)
    okay now that I slapped myself for this:

made a male Trainer named Criss because why not
    picked Oshawott as a starter this time so that my rival possesses a Serperior instead
    slapped the Snivy around and felt sorry for it instantly after
    meeting Alder and heading into Flocessy
    managed to find a male Ralts after 5 minutes (i expected that to take much longer)
    managed to grab a Smoochum and Venonat aswell for now since I can't rely on Ralts alone

caught a Patrat and Starly to assist me with HMs, off to challenge the normal gym and hopefully not getting pelted by normal stab attacks

Years
  • Forum User Name: Nyaarth
    Game(s): FR | HG | OR| PT | B2 | X | S | SW
    Pokémon Type: Fire

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Part 2: Escalation

Once I battled Team Plasma on Pinwheel Forest and arrived in Castelia, I went straight to the Battle Company to get Tranquill a Scope Lens. This item combined with Super Luck is no joke seriously. I believe the chances of getting a Critical Hit go from 1/16 to 1/4 with this combination...

So, after the encounter with Ghetsis in one of the buildings, I was pretty much ready for the gym. Bug types can't possibly be any challenge for this team. All of the fights in there were pretty straightforward, the only thing that gave me any trouble killing was Dwebble with Smack Down, but I managed to get around it. Burgh had one too, which killed Woobat with a couple of those attacks. I don't think I'm going to see Swoobat in this run tbh lol. Otherwise the fight went fine with Tranquill taking Woobat's killing streak. Leavanny was quad weak to Flying; good ace by the way, Burgh.

Spoiler:

So, it's time to go to the desert to catch more Pokémon! On the way, I battled my rivals one more time, because this game hasn't had enough rival fights already, and leveled up my Pokémon a bit more.

Desert Resort gave me the opportunity to get 2 more team members. I spent an insane amount of time trying to get a Sigilyph here. Okay maybe not that much, but at least some 20 minutes. Once I finally got one, I named her Iris.

Inside the Relic Castle, I got my hands on a nice Plume Fossil, which I'm planning on revive once I get the bike! It's too tiring to run on that bridge south of Castelia.

I trained Sigilyph a little bit in the Desert before leaving to get my bike. In Nimbasa I also purchased the TM for Return and immediately taught it to Tranquill: always great to have a powerful stab move.

Alright, so now I have my bike. I went all the way back to Nacrene again to revive Archen, and named him Deimos!

Spoiler:

Once I got to Nimbasa again, I went west to catch yet another Pokémon! Surprisingly, this one took less time than Sigilyph, even though it is a 10% encounter in the rustling grass, which is rare on its own. Once I finally found the Emolga, I could easily catch it with a Great Ball and name her Athena.

Trained the newly caught Emolga a little bit and then it was time to face the worst gym in the game. I got paralyzed in every single battle against an Emolga there. Once I got back from the Pokémon Center after the last trainer battle, Elesa was waiting for me. The devil itself, this woman has two Emolgas. Luckily for me, I have one too. First turn I set up a Charge to raise my Sp. Def a little bit and then she started doing her thing with the Volt Switch. A few Charges and Double Teams later, and after her switching multiple times back and forth between the Emolgas, I one-shot the first one with a Charge-boosted Electro Ball! Nice one Emolga! Unfortunately, after all of this, my Athena was left at low HP and Zebstrika was able to take her down.

Zebstrika though got para-haxxed because of Static, and a crit Return from Tranquill finished the job! The last Emolga was no match for lucky Hestia either.

Spoiler:

And we're halfway through the gym challenge already! Looking forward to seeing what else this game has to offer for a mono-flying team...

Team:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Monotype Fire Challenge - Pokémon Fire Red

Part 1
    Badges : 4/8​

I progressed a lot, as I played almost 8 hours without realising it and since nothing really important happened, i'm going to sum 4 badges into one post. I can only catch my first fire type (Growlithe) in Route 8 so i'm going solo with Charmander for the first four badges (and in retrospect I should have choosen Green Leaf as I could have got an extra fire type (Magmar) but it's a bit late now to change)

- The first badge was pretty easy, Charmander learned Metal Claw so I had no real struggles here despite the type.
    -The second badge was a pain, I lost about 10 times before finally winning, I had no issues with the Staryu as it used Harden most of the time but the Starross was really hard, only won because of a lucky crit, otherwise I would still have been stuck.
    -No problems with the third and fourth badges either.
    -Caught Growlithe on Route 8, not evolving him until level 49 when he will have learn every moves he can.
    -Got the Eevee in Celadon Mansion and evolved him into Flareon.

And that's it I think ? I can't get any other fire types before the Sevii Islands (Ponyta and maybe Moltress if I really need it even though I don't like using legendaries).

I've cleared the Team Rocket HQ and now my next objective will be to grind coins in order to buy Charcoal at the casino and level up a bit Flareon.

Actual team : (No pictures since my account is too young to post links) :
    Flareon (lvl 30)
    Charizard (lvl 42)
    Growlithe (lvl 32)
    Paras (HM Slave)

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Part 3: Sweeping Through

Today I made a lot of progress.

Just off of Nimbasa, I fought Cheren one more time and also two pre-schoolers, and once I could finally go to the bridge, I caught a Ducklett there. His name is Poseidon. I gave him the Eviolite I got in Castelia a long time ago to give him some bulk.

I was able to level up the Ducklett a considerable amount in the Cold Storage, and... then I thought I was ready for the gym. When it was time to face Clay's Excadrill though, it obliterated me. He killed every single one of my Pokémon with Rock Slide. Yikes.

So, I'm definitely grinding a bit more after this one lol. Got every mon to level 31, same as his Excadrill (except for Tranquill, which I leveled up to level 32 so he could evolve!) and challenged Clay again. This time I got luckier. I led the battle with Archen, and managed to knock out Krokorok and Palpitoad with two powerful Acrobatics. Couldn't do that with Excadrill though, so I just sacced Archen to make a clean switch. I switched to Ducklett, and I know I'm slower than him so I clicked Feather Dance to diminish his attack. He decided to be greedy and went for Hone Claws, so that was perfect. I went for Feather Dance one more time to get him to -2 Attack, and then I started using Scald. Couple more turns passed and I was able to knock it out with no more problems.

Spoiler:

Battling Bianca again, not much interesting stuff happens here. I just went through the Chargestone Cave, fought some grunts, climbed the Celestial Tower, and then challenged Skyla. The battle was fairly trivial since I have an electric type in my team. I took her first two Pokémon out with Unfezant and then switched to Emolga for that x4 weakness. One more badge acquired.

Spoiler:

Cheren's next battle was kind of scary. He had a Simipour that outsped some of my Pokémon and had a rain-boosted Scald. Thankfully Unfezant managed to take him out.

After this battle I got the HM for Surf, and decided to do some backtracking. I went back to Nimbasa to get Strength and to Castelia to get Flash, so I could navigate through Mistralton Cave and get Rock Slide for Archen.

I had a nice training at the Twist Mountain, and Deimos has now become an Archeops!

Once I arrived in Icirrus, I went straight to the gym since I was pretty confident I could win it straight away despite the weakness - Unova's Ice-types aren't that impressive. And I was right, Archeops had a type advantage as well, and that recently taught Rock Slide turned out pretty useful here!

Spoiler:

A lot of Team Plasma later, and I get to Opelucid City (it looks beautiful in Pokémon White, by the way). All that experience from Plasma made me pretty confident for the gym battle, so I just climbed the dragon. Iris was surprisingly straightforward. Even without an Ice-type or Dragon-type, Archeops is pretty powerful with Acrobatics. Her Haxorus didn't even try to attack, just went for two Dragon Dances for some reason.

Spoiler:

And that's the last badge! I am pretty excited for Victory Road and the E4, will update as soon as I get to play again.

Team:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Mono Psychic Volt White 2 Update #2

i hate my luck. can't summarize this any different.
    lost to cheren first try because his lillipup hit my ralts twice through 6x double team
    smoochum is proving surprisingly not helpful
    trained a bit, got my revenge (munchlax killed itself in confusion)
    basic badge weeee
    attempted to deal with a hoenn nest invader in roxanne, got rocks thrown at me instead
    went more training
    roxanne banished back to her region
    wiped to a wild venonat in a disgusting streak of bad luck
    virbank city get
    wiped to roxy again
    having nightmares from trying to pick up a beldum...

... i need a break from this. and some careful reorganizing. my idea of catching a smoochum early to help out is NOT playing out well. will probably restart the entire thing when i made better plans.

in the meantime:
    Forum username: Zero-G
    Game: Blazing Emerald
    Type: Dark

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Part 4: Mount Olympus - Final Part

Final update! This time, I went through the whole Victory Road, caught a new friend, and beat the Elite Four!

So, my new friend. I heard there had been several thunderstorms across the region and went to check it out. Turns out it was a Thundurus roaming around. Caught it, named him Zeus.

Once I reached the Pokémon League, I trained everyone up to level 48 and signed in.

The battles were fairly straightforward. Marshal, despite being the member with the obvious weakness, gave me the most trouble. His Sawk outsped my Archeops and killed it with Stone Edge(!) and all of his Pokémon had that move too, apparently. He fainted 3 of my Pokémon, but the battle went smoothly from then on.

Spoiler:

And then comes N. I led the battle with my Emolga to paralyze the Reshiram because I'm too afraid of this thing. He instantly killed me with Fusion Flare, though, which is fine. I sent out the Archeops and two-shot him with Rock Slide. His own Archeops showed up later and started Stone Edge'ing my whole team. God, I hate this move! He killed everyone and I blacked out.

Spoiler:

After this I decided to go back and train some more. Found two shinies on the Victory Road, by the way.

Spoiler:

This time I had a different plan. I led straight with Archeops and went for the Rock Slides. Luckily, Reshiram didn't knock me into half my health, and I was able to two-shot him again. This time around, Archeops defeated Reshiram, Vanilluxe and N's own Archeops! He got fainted later from Carracosta, but he did good. I brought out my Thundurus and defeated everything else. Now there's one more battle to go!

A wild Ghetsis appears, and I didn't even get the chance to switch my lead. Which is totally fine, I was planning on not doing that anyway. First turn I went for Crunch on the Cofagrigus to get Mummy and remove that annoying Defeatist ability, and he started Toxic-Protecting. The Cofagrigus didn't really do much, and I was able to easily knock it out, while also fully restoring my poison and health on the way. I also took out his Seismitoad, who choked going for the Rain Dance I guess. Deimos was able to do considerable damage on Hydreigon with Acrobatics, but a rain-boosted Surf definitely took him out. I sent out Hestia to finish the job. The battle was pretty even from then on, I sacced Hestia to lower Bouffalant's attack with Feather Dance, and then Sigilyph and Thundurus teamed up to knock it out. Thundurus carried the rest of the battle, pretty much, with his crazy good Sp. Atk.

Spoiler:

And I guess that's it for this challenge! I might be doing more of these in the future since this was pretty fun, might even start an Ultimate one, but until then...

Spoiler:

Champion Team:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    FR Water Monotype Challenge Update #2:

After leaving the SS Anne, my team and I set off to tackle the Vermilion City Gym and earn our third badge. Type-wise, this was probably our most difficult matchup, but things went relatively smoothly. The gym puzzle wasn't super efficient (I'm pretty sure the first switch was in the last trash can in the gym), but Wartortle and Gyarados made relatively short work of Lt. Surge, earning our third badge.

We then returned to Cerulean City, where I swapped a bike voucher for a very real digital bicycle. From there, we set out for Rock Tunnel. At present, we're nearing the end of the cave, and everyone's running out of PP. From there, onward to Lavender Town!

The team:
    -Wartortle level 35
    -Gyarados level 32

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back