• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the most epic catches you've had?

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Catching Mewtwo on my first X run. It's a fun story, I guess. Picked Up a Shedinja to throw in front of him, taught Toxic but didn't use it on the first try. After TONS of turns, Mewtwo struggled to death, together with Shedinja. I tried again and thought to myself: screw it. Opened youtube, put Britney Spears - Toxic to play and used toxic. The next turn I threw a Dusk Ball and shaking to the music, without losing a single HP point, he was caught. To this day I regret not naming him Britney.

Years
    1. When I was little, I caught my first Kyogre with one Ultra Ball on the first turn (Kyogre was unscathed, and I didn't have Sapphire version, so it's my first).
    I was really surprised that I suddenly found it (I thought Kyogre cannot be found in Emerald :P).

2. Again, when I was little, I caught a roaming Zapdos in Platinum, with a Quick Ball on the first turn.

3. In my 60th run of Emerald, which was just a week ago, I caught all wild legendaries in-game on the first try.

They're all first tries, that's cool, right?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Nothing too epic as catching a legendary with a Poke Ball, but I did catch Arcticuno in FireRed on the first try. It was with an Ultra Ball though so nothing too crazy.

Schizii

Always tired.
    Years
    Fairly recently in my X game, I caught Zygarde full health with a premier ball.
    I thought that was pretty rad because I was never able to catch a pokemon with one of those until Zygarde. xD;;

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
    I ALWAYS get legendaries in pokeballs. Emerald - Groudon and Kyogre I got relatively hassle free in pokeballs. Rayquaza, I got in a pokeball AT FULL HEALTH, although it took 17 resets and over 400 pokeballs thrown altogether.
    Platinum- Dialga and Palkia in pokeballs, Giratina in a dive ball. All the lake trio in pokeballs, along with Heatran and Cresselia (although that took literally hours)
    White - zekrom and the swords, all in pokeballs
    Y- Yveltal in a premier ball, everything else in pokeballs.
    I sometimes wonder how the shopkeepers have enough pokeballs for me.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    I remember this one time, where I was sitting in the bus, looking at a friend sitting on the seat in front of me trying to catch Moltres in FireRed. We usually stocked pretty well up, and I remember him bringing about 40 ultraballs. But of course it didn't want to get caught. So my friend kept throwing these ultra balls until he had nothing left. He then started using the few random balls in the pocket. And then, at the very last great ball, he said screw it, I'll let you try. So I threw it, magic happened, and I caught Moltres on the last great ball.
    Since then all the kids from the school yard came to me every time they only had one poké ball left... needless to say, I almost never repeated it, but that day still stands clearly in my memory :3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    While I was playing my pokemon gold I caught Ho-oh with a nest ball. I had entered the battle with upwards of 100 of each ball except the ones made from apricorns and had no idea that ho-oh was up there because i was young and didn't read anything. I didn't even think to save my game before the battle against it because at that time I had decided if I was meant to catch a pokemon then I would catch it without having to come turn off and turn on my game however many times. I had went through all but one of my pokeballs, ho-oh was in the red, I had only my magmar left and ho-oh was poisoned and I caught it with my final nest ball.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    In pokemon Y, failed the first time in catching Zyngarde. After I soft reset I threw one ultraball and catch him ^^ Felt pretty good until I saw your guys's posts :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    When I RNG'd my Landorus in White, I caught it in a Premier Ball. Not easy, don't recommend trying it, but then again, it's totally worth it.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    My Giratina in Platinum. It only took about one Quick Ball at full health. I was so surprised, and I thought it was too easy, so what did I do?

I restarted my DS and had another go at it. Why I did that, I don't really know. I guess my mind just thought "Well, that wasn't a challenge, how about we do it again?".

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    In two separate instances in LeafGreen and Black 2, I caught Moltres and Virizion, respectively, in ordinary Poke Balls. In White 2, I caught a Modest Mesprit with decent IVs on the first Quick Ball thrown.

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
    Years
    I've caught several legendaries with balls like heal balls, regular pokeballs etc. You know, those low tier pokeballs. (because I ran out of the good ones) :P Although one memorable catch (mostly because it wasn't too long ago) was when I encountered Zekrom in Black 2 and I was thinking "omg, I hate catching legendaries" but the first ball I threw was a quick ball and it also happened to be a critical capture so it only shook once and poof! I caught it. Yay, less work for me. ^^

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Iv had pretty lucky stuff,first one was I was helping my friend with Kyogre in sapphire and caught it in 1 net ball,and on my sapphire i caught it with a great ball,and on my first Y playthrough i caught yveltal in a quick ball,mewtwo with one dusk ball,and on 2nd playthrough zygarde with 1 dusk ball.pretty awesome

Years
    While I personally wouldn't consider it to be an epic catch, on HeartGold I caught Mewtwo with a regular old Poke Ball on the very first turn- no damage or status effects done to it whatsoever. After I went back and checked that it was indeed a Poke Ball and not something else, I was half in shock and half disgusted at it for not even putting up a fight that I released it. Looking back that was a stupid decision, but I wasn't going to use it anyway, so it wasn't much of a loss.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    During my playthrough of White 2, I headed to the Castelia Sewers to catch myself a Skitty. I got one, but then ran into an Eevee right after. Knowing I needed a water-type, I decided to try to catch it to get Vaporeon. Got it down to the red and paralyzed it, but the thing just wouldn't catch. I had about 50 balls, mind you. I threw my final Great Ball and managed to secure it. It even had a beneficial nature/IVs. It turned out that getting the water stone was a very contrived process, so I ended up boxing it and using it competitively instead, and it's still on my X copy now!

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2014
    reshiram in black with a nest ball on first try

im not kidding. i saw the pokemon and i said 'you ♥♥♥♥♥ i dont care if your legendary i want you in my bag dont waste my time around with resets just get in. NOW

and it happened

i aint joshing

Years
    Pokemon Emerald, where I caught Regice with a Pokeball. Also caught Zekrom in White with a Pokeball on the first attempt, full health and no status problems.

Back