• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The [NEW] Graphics Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    GRAPHICS LOUNGE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alright, the last one was pretty darn old, so I figured we could start fresh. The last one wasn't very active in the 3 years it was open, so hopefully this one will have better luck. \o/

Here you may discuss upcoming or current projects with other members. :D Here is a good place to get some inspiration and ideas.

Please keep in mind that all PokéCommunity Rules still apply.

Happy posting. (b")b

Last edited:

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    XD first post...Its kinda boring in here ><
    Um...Anyone use GIMP here?

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    I Used Gimp, (as alot of people know) but i upgraded to photoshop recently, i still can work with gimp, if you need any help just ask me.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    i use gimp! I like Gimp! Gimp is Yummy and Jelly Filled!
    *poke'd suddenly turns hypnotised and eats gimp, then gimp users ban him from the world for eating gimp*

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I've only worked with Photoshop. I used to use Paint Shop Pro, but that was ages ago. Anyway, I was thinking about getting GIMP, just to try it out. Would anyone care to elaborate on the differences between PS and GIMP, like if there's something one program can do that the other can't?

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Well considering i have both i can sort of i guess, gimp is a more simple version of PS, and in my opinion is more "USER FRIENDLY" but PS has alot more features, although GIMP isnt too far behind, everything works a bit different, gimp doesn't have as much layer blending as PS, but it is still good, but there is no lasso in gimp, instead i used the "Paths tool", https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=124897 <--you can go to my old Homeroom for the graphics school, it has a guide on setting up gimp( also has a link to the download of the version i used), so if you need to know anything else, just ask me.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Oh. Demedian has Photoshop now? Can you tell me some of the new things in Photoshop? Because I'm thinking about getting it.

Also, I'm like totally running out of places to get renders D: And ideas. I have no ideas anymore XD

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Planetrenders and Gamerenders are the main places I go to get renders, although I only go to GR if I'm in desperate need of one. I can't say I know many other places, though :\

And thanks for the help, Ishida ^^ It'll probably take me a while to decide if I'm going to get it, but whatever xD

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I hit planetrenders, aethereality, and uh... luck-of-the-draw-with-photobucket for renders. xD Sometimes I get lucky on photobucket and come by a render.

I think I'm going to start rendering again though. Lately, I've been so lazy. xD All I use are stock images. *Fish'd*

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    planetrenders is my most used. google is good and sometimes ill be desperate enough to render myself xD.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    I agree with you all :P planetrenders and gamerenders are both Great, and Xenocrates Loki ^^, im too lazy to render as well, i dont think i have ever rendered, i think maybe like two times :S, and shira-chan, no problem ^^ glad to help.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Rendering is a pain. When I started rendering, I actually used the eraser and magic wand tools. Then I started using the lasso tool, and finally, I got to using the pen tool. But my pen tooling still sucks. Gah D:

Stocks are good. Since they have their own background and stuff, so you don't really need to make your own one. It's just what you do to the background to make it look less, er, stock-like which makes it hard-ish. Some of the backgrounds are already good, though, so less work is required to make it look better -shot'd- Personally, I like to spam the smudge tool >.>

I never get lucky with renders on Photobucket. And definitely not on Google. So, erm, stocks for the win?

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    Hmm..looks like a lot more people use PS rather than GIMP.:( I ain't got PS yet.:P.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    you can get it for free.... and for rendering yes it is a pain i hate it and im not really good at it. the best banner that i made with rendering it myself is probably this one:

The [NEW] Graphics Lounge

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I HATE rendering. You have seen my worst banners that I rendered myself. They always turn out HORRIBLE.

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    Yeah, I don't have the time to render.If I did then I might give it a shot but I am extremely busy and don't have enough time to spare :( Its sad really because I could be a rubbish good renderer and so could everyone else who hasn't tried yet :P :)

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Haha, but the moment you try to render something for the first time, and it turns out horrible, most people just immediately stop trying. It takes practice to get rendering right, although there are some who are just good at it from the beginning and that is totally not me.

I remember the time when all I did was use magic wand tool, and it worked perfectly :\

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Oh, I remember my first banner. Which is like Tokyo Mew Mew as I grabbed a random picture from my sister's computer. All I did was magic wand and erased some parts magic wand acted weird on.

But after a lesson, I started using pen tool from my second banner. I didn't know how to use Lasso though.

Oh, by the way anyone know a good stock site? I wanna try out that stock tutorial. ;D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back