• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The new HG SS Battle design

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Merged the new topic on battle animations and systems with this pre-existing one.

I don't really expect much in the way of changes, tbh... although the idea of an redone version of the old Hydro Pump attack appeals to me, somehow. XD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Looking back, Platinum itself had changed some of the battle animations when compared to Diamond and Pearl. So, if the moves had to be changed in animation during battle I would think it may follow that of Platinums. However, these games were in -progress since three years ago, so it is a possibility that the battle animation may not alter at all from that of Diamond and Pearl. The basic thing that I think may change though is sprites. The sprites of the Johto and Kanto Pokémon together may be changed, but not the Hoenn and Sinnoh sprited Pokémon. Also, the Pokémon's animation itself within the game, might be slightly altered, I would think. Other than this, and the possible thought about back sprite animation, I wouldn't think anything much would be changed for much difference than that of DPPt.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I do like everything about that picture :) The new box things are freakin cool and I'm xcited to see notched ear Pichu has it's own sprite! Maybe more Pokemon will be like this? My fingers are crossed!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I don't mind the new battle theme, but the best design was the one in Diamond and Pearl. In Platinum, they overdid it a bit, so the theme in Hg/Ss is a bit better.

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
  • Personally I cannot wait for the Japanese launch of this game. I am going to DL it and play it ASAP on my DSi. This game I will play through twice on both games without cheat codes. This game is just that good.

Flyingtacos

Flyingtacos? WTF!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    guyz this picture is for the notch eared pichu event. It's kind of a cutscene. U don't get to battle.

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
  • I think it looks hawt. I guessed after D/P came out they would remake Gold/Silver, seeing as they remade Green/Red. XD;
    Does anyone know the release date in Australia while I'm here?

I really like the grey, simplistic design. Also, I noticed that there isn't an experience bar.
    And, there are two different Pichu sprites, with different colourings. Perhaps this is a fake? Or an edit of an original?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Looking back, Platinum itself had changed some of the battle animations when compared to Diamond and Pearl. So, if the moves had to be changed in animation during battle I would think it may follow that of Platinums. However, these games were in -progress since three years ago, so it is a possibility that the battle animation may not alter at all from that of Diamond and Pearl. The basic thing that I think may change though is sprites. The sprites of the Johto and Kanto Pokémon together may be changed, but not the Hoenn and Sinnoh sprited Pokémon. Also, the Pokémon's animation itself within the game, might be slightly altered, I would think. Other than this, and the possible thought about back sprite animation, I wouldn't think anything much would be changed for much difference than that of DPPt.

Woah, I see Hoenn is the only thing that is left untouch(not counting Sinnoh as it had Platinum). I forsee the R/S remake coming soon on 5th-gen, no? Maybe at year 2012? As many speculate that 2010 is the year of 5th-gen!! Sorry for the off topic...

I think it looks hawt. I guessed after D/P came out they would remake Gold/Silver, seeing as they remade Green/Red. XD;
    Does anyone know the release date in Australia while I'm here?

I really like the grey, simplistic design. Also, I noticed that there isn't an experience bar.
    And, there are two different Pichu sprites, with different colourings. Perhaps this is a fake? Or an edit of an original?

Australia? Man they hadn't announce the North America version yet...
    I think the Australian version will be release on next year, at fall.

You mean the "Notched-ear Pichu" and the "Pikachu colored Pichu"?
    They are for real my friend!!
    You'll understand it if you watch the 12th movie - the one that features Arceus, the Johto starters and the Dragon trio.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I really like the grey, simplistic design. Also, I noticed that there isn't an experience bar.
    I've been beat, but I'll say it anyway. It's official, not a hack. The one on the left is the Gizamimi (or "notched ear") Pichu, and the other one is the Pikachu-colored
    pichu. (Haven't you heard of shiny Pokémon?) And once again, there are no experience bars in double battles. Never have been, never will be. -.-

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I really like the grey, simplistic design. Also, I noticed that there isn't an experience bar.

The simplistic look is what I enjoy the best out of it as well. I just think with this it doesn't make anything look too overly done or clustered. However, like said before me, during tag team matches [Double Battles] the Experience bar never appears and I don't know if it ever will as things can always change later on.

As for the the two Pichus, is is completely real like you've been told. It is just that with the newest movie coming out [Featuring Arceus] there is the Notch Eared Pichu who also stars in it. This will explain the difference in ear and sprite for the battle. Also, the differentiated color is only because the darker Pichu is called a Pikachu Colored Pichu and it is basically a shiny. There are events held outside and within the game involving these two, so I'm sure you'll hear more about it.

Woah, I see Hoenn is the only thing that is left untouch(not counting Sinnoh as it had Platinum). I forsee the R/S remake coming soon on 5th-gen, no? Maybe at year 2012? As many speculate that 2010 is the year of 5th-gen!! Sorry for the off topic....

Yeah, I don't think Third Generation Pokémon might get a change in sprite when it comes to battles. However, even though it has been said there there is no plans for another remake, I do possibly see a Hoenn remake coming out in the next few years or so, but not anytime soon at the moment. Although, it does make me think, seeing as though the Hoenn legends are being included, I wonder if it is a possiblity that their battle sprites might have an alter.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah, I don't think Third Generation Pokémon might get a change in sprite when it comes to battles. However, even though it has been said there there is no plans for another remake, I do possibly see a Hoenn remake coming out in the next few years or so, but not anytime soon at the moment. Although, it does make me think, seeing as though the Hoenn legends are being included, I wonder if it is a possiblity that their battle sprites might have an alter.

No plans for remake? Come on, Nintendo stated that there's no G/S remake, but suddenly this year they just gave us a surprise!! So I'm not sure about it.

In Platinum's case, there are none Sinnoh Pokemon that gained new sprites. So the case might be similar.

=3 =3 Thats a cool design. Did you hear the pokemon follow you around?
    Yeah, I'm imagining the Magikarp - how it'll be flopping so helplessly...:t129:

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It looks good. I just hope they keep the experience bar on single battles.

By looking back at every game we've had since Red and Blue, the experience bar has always been kept for players to visually see in battle. The reason why I can possibly assure you that it won't ever be removed [more than likely not] is because it is an important aspect to the game. Without it, the player cannot tell whether or not how close you Pokémon may be to the next level.

This is especially useful to know when EVing a Pokémon or simply out of curiosity by the trainer. However, I believe it was never placed in double battles as it might not have been needed at the time or might have taken up the room for the screen seeing as there are two Pokémon on each side. However, I wouldn't expect them to remove it for single play at all as leveling up to the next level will be hard for players to pin point if it were to be so.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    i honestly liked the one from diamond and pearl better. but im quite disapointed in this....... i dont see "new" anywhere

Years
  • By looking back at every game we've had since Red and Blue, the experience bar has always been kept for players to visually see in battle.

I don't think Red and Blue had EXP. Bars, they only put them in for G/S/C. =]

(Playing Pokemon Yellow and No EXP. Bar. >.< )

Anywho, I kinda like the look of these boxes.
    The Notched-Ear Pichu looks cute in its pose. xD

~Ryu

Back