• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The *new* Prism League Discussion & Questions thread

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
Years
  • Not much going on since I took a short LOA in August. We could use some new challengers. What else is new?
    Been playing Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, did play a good bit of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and have been doing a lot of research into Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition in preparation to be a dungeon master. Haven't touched any of my Pokèmon games.

EDIT. I'll be going now. May Arceus be with you.

Last edited:

Axel Davis

You really don't remember. It's me? You know, Axel
    Years
  • If this thread is still active, i posted on the initial signup sheet and i'm ready to challenge.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If this thread is still active, i posted on the initial signup sheet and i'm ready to challenge.
    It works better to PM the leader you wanna challenge.

Though honestly the league has been largely inactive for a while, the Showdown division in particular, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them kinda forgot about this thing.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • Let's make this place booming again. I know sky is online regularly still and I have a lot of free time at the moment so hopefully we can do something to make this interesting again.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Figure I might as well bring this up now......

I think we should officially put the Prism League to rest.

We haven't had a single challenge in over a month, and activity in general has been pretty bad since about August or so, especially in the Showdown division. Half the league members don't frequent BTB (or in some cases, PC) anymore and I get this feeling that there's a general lack of interest in it from those of us who're left (I will admit that my interest in it has greatly waned over the months), and I don't really think there's any interest in the league from the rest of the memberbase either. The league's a very forgotten thing at this point. No serious attempts at revitalizing the league have been made in the past six months either....and I don't blame anyone for that. It's hard to see this thing ever booming again really. Doesn't help that PCL will be starting up again sometime this month.

I think it was great that we tried to do this thing and that it managed to last more than a year, but I think its time has come.

I suppose I could've just asked wolf and/or Zeffy to lock the threads, but I thought I might as well bump this and see what everyone who's still left thinks.

Years
  • I think, if things are dead, or if things are slowing down when it comes to things like this, wait till the next pokemon game. :3 That gets people's spirits up.

But it's not really my choice. I would be really sad if the Prism League just suddenly was shut down.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • I think Nah that you are absolutely right. It's a bummer for people who like to play some challenging games with cartridge but for now I don't see a reason to continue with barely any challengers and members (including me) not be active enough.

Back