• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Guess I should post here. I'm an older gamer just getting into Pokemon ( kinda late I know) Just bought my first game pearl today. Looking for any advice about the game and or pokemon in general to get me started. Thanks
    Ah, well kudos to you for deciding to dabble in this franchise. It will treat you well, I promise. ;D

Well, I can't really offer any specific advice for you, but I can direct you towards a thread that may be of use to you in the near future:
    Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Simply use that thread any time you come across a problem in the game and a guarantee you will have your answer rather quickly.
    (Just be sure to use the search function to see if the question has already been asked first. ;D)

Welcome to the community, Kahn. It's great to have you here.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    It's always nice to hear a fellow gamer start playing Pokemon. Most people don't realize that the younger gamers usually only got into gaming because of Pokemon Red, Blue, or Yellow.

However, to answer your question, you should check out the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum section here at the PokeCommunity. There you should find all the answers you are looking for through the guides or just through threads another forum member posted. Hopefully we will all be able to see you around here at the PokeCommunity and don't forget - Have a great time!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Well hello there, OGTiago.

You can find a list of completed hacks here:
    url error

Shiny Gold has a lot of progress, but it is not completely finished.

Don't worry, it doesn't take too long to get 15 posts. Just look around and find some threads that peak your interest. You'll be able to post your screenshots in no time.

Good luck on your hacking project!
    Thanks.

Btw, why do some of those say "still need to confirm"?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    You know, I don't frequent the ROM hacking section more than a casual glance, but my guess would be that those particular hacks haven't been confirmed as completely done.

charizardlord

LegatusExMundi
    Years
    Amature hacker

Great to be finally using my pokecommunity id for actuall interation since i made it this summer to get Zel's Shiny Gold rom. Me and my friend are trying to become perficient at rom-hacking, but we don't know where to start

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Great to be finally using my pokecommunity id for actuall interation since i made it this summer to get Zel's Shiny Gold rom. Me and my friend are trying to become perficient at rom-hacking, but we don't know where to start
    Hello there charizardlord here is perfect place to look for your needs HERE. Enjoy your stay, and see you around PC.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Hello everyone!
    I'm Luna, and new here ^^ just joined today. Im kinda shy and all... so, be nice? xD >.<

I used to play Pokémon all the time, and thought it would be fun to start again... so I bought Diamond last week ^^

Ive forgotten so much about Pokémon tho xD Im not very good at it D:

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Hello everyone!
    I'm Luna, and new here ^^ just joined today. Im kinda shy and all... so, be nice? xD >.<

I used to play Pokémon all the time, and thought it would be fun to start again... so I bought Diamond last week ^^

Ive forgotten so much about Pokémon tho xD Im not very good at it D:

Welcome to PC Luna,

Hope you have a great time and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    Hey everyone, I'm new to PC. but not to Pokemon by any means. I just decided I needed to find a forum where I could talk about Pokemon without people looking at me strangely XD (Y'know, the whole "Pokemon is for little kids and nerds" pitch. :?)

Anywho, my favorite Pokemon characters are Ash (that is, before they changed his voice D:<), and James XD My favorite Pokemon: Pikachu, Latios & Latias, Suicune, Lapras, Eevee, Jolteon, and a billion others. Some favorite Pokemon games are Pokemon Gold Version, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Fire Red, and Pokemon Colosseum.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a member on PC, and I hope I can add to the community ^^

-Iditarod

Years
    welcome to pc iditarod

yeah sometimes u get that ppl say pokemon is for kids but u wont get it here :) we all like pokemon here

keep a eye on the rulles and for the rest happy posting

btw ur name isnt that the name of a husky race

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Haha, I know Dx I remember when it was 'cool' to play pokémon xD
    but now, not really >__<

welcome to PC, Iditarod. ^^
    Haha, kinda odd coming from me who just joined minutes ago but yeh xD

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Iditarod, I'm sure you won't have that experience here at PC (the whole Pokemon is for kids thing, like you said). Have a great time here at PC, and you can PM or leave me a VM on my profile if you want to talk or something.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Hello! I've been visiting this site for a while now, and I've been wanting to get an account, but I just wouldn't. XD

I'm very positive and always try to look on the bright side of things. I'll mostly be on the anime forums/threads, even though I play the games. Some people are too serious/pessimistic with Pokemon, don't you think? But no offense ment; we're still Pokemon fans. :) But the people here seem to be very nice.

I guess that's it. Glad to meet you all!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Glad to meet you as well, Blue Driftblim. Congratulations on finally setting up an account here; I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Well, there's always room for one more person in the Pokémon TV Show and Movies forum, I'm sure you will fit in just fine.
    (Just don't go crazy if someone takes the franchise too seriously. XD)

Great to have someone with a positive attitude around! I hope I get to speak with you further.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Thanks! And I most definitely won't go crazy. XD I really don't like to get into big discussions and those types of things...

P.S. I should probably go to a different board, but why does it say I can't post a link to a URL, when I'm not..?

It's probably because of your post count. You need 15.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    Thanks, guys. ^^

pokemasterbjorn --> Yeah, my username is the name of the Iditarod Sled Dog Race across Alaska. I'm also a fan of Balto (the famous sled dog) and the 1995 movie.

(Oh, and because I couldn't edit my last post, I had to say here: Misty is probably my favorite character of all. She's awesome! ^^)

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    But I'm not posting a URL link or anything... Do smileys count or something? I know I need 15 posts, I'm just wondering why it came up when I hit Preview Post and later when I hit Submit Reply. I had to rewrite my first post again...
    Yes, smileys actually count as URLs because they technically are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back