• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NFL Discussion Thread

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Sorry, if this is already mentioned I just found this, but what about the Bengal's picking up Denarius
    Moore? Along with the addition of AJ Hawk, the Bengals have a lot of potential to do even better than last year.

If they could get rid of that piece of crap QB.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Dalton is plenty serviceable. He is the dividing line between someone worthy of holding the starter spot long term and someone you'll have to consider replacing at some point in the next couple years, and he is more above the line than at the line.

Alright, I'll admit that people, myself included, give Dalton more crap than he deserves. His only problem is that he isn't nearly consistent enough to lead an AFC championship team or a superbowl team. Sometimes he's on, sometimes he isn't. It's also been shown he struggles in the big games.

I'd like to see McCarron get some time during pre-season. He could possibly become a really good NFL QB.

Years
    Alright, I'll admit that people, myself included, give Dalton more crap than he deserves. His only problem is that he isn't nearly consistent enough to lead an AFC championship team or a superbowl team. Sometimes he's on, sometimes he isn't. It's also been shown he struggles in the big games.

I'd like to see McCarron get some time during pre-season. He could possibly become a really good NFL QB.

Your defense was more problematic than your offense last year, with it ranking 22nd in total yards versus 15th for your offense. A focus either on your defensive coaching or your personnel needs to happen, probably more the former than the latter, given you were 3rd in the league in total yards allowed per game in 2013 with Zimmer as your DC.

McCarron could turn out good, but I don't recall him being all that heralded coming out of college other than being the QB of a winner.

Years
    McCarron could turn out good, but I don't recall him being all that heralded coming out of college other than being the QB of a winner.

mccarron didnt get a lot of attention in the nfl because his team was chock full of nfl talent and he seemed like a serviceable game manager that didn't have anything special. i think it's unfair to say he has no chance at being good at the pro level just based off that assumption, and i think he should get a shot in the preseason, but i do agree there's a good chance he was the product of the system over at alabama.

Years
    McCarron might have gotten the "game manager" label in college but he's much more than that, he has great size and has a good arm and can excel in the NFL. He's had time to learn and develop behind Dalton, unlike a lot of the other QB's from that draft class. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. Or Dalton, for that matter. But if they don't win this year, then I must admit that the patience with Dalton needs to decrease, there's no reason this team shouldn't be winning with all the talent we have.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    When the hell is the NFL going to release their "findings" on Deflategate? Seriously, this is taking too long for actual results to be viable.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Deflategate punishments official:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/597877080894918658

Games Brady will miss:

9/10 vs. Steelers
    9/20 @ Bills (:D)
    9/27 vs. Jaguars
    10/11 @ Cowboys

Eligible to return 10/18 vs. Colts, ironically enough.
    Brady will most likely appeal (and win) and get the suspension reduced to 2 games. The appeal would favor him. That being said, the result of this investigation is absurd. Yes, I agree with that Brady most likely cheated and that a small punishment should be made, but it makes no sense that the team was punished.

The report stated that Belichick and Kraft were exonerated and deemed innocent/ignorant of the happenings. Because of that fact, how can the league pull a one eighty and fine the team and take away a first round draft pick based on a "possibility"? You can't state one thing and then completely contradict it. Oh wait, this is the NFL; the league is a joke.

Yes, I'm a Pats fan, but I've actually been very open minded about all this. I thought Brady should have been suspended a game or two (even though the act in itself is very minor compared to the rest of the stuff that goes on in the league [heck Spygate was worse.]) To me this is just Hoodell trying to flex his muscles and send a stern message to the league and its owners that he doesn't work for Kraft and to fix the bad PR from Rice and Peterson early on in the year.

Years
    The report stated that Belichick and Kraft were exonerated and deemed innocent/ignorant of the happenings. Because of that fact, how can the league pull a one eighty and fine the team and take away a first round draft pick based on a "possibility"? You can't state one thing and then completely contradict it. Oh wait, this is the NFL; the league is a joke.

They've been on an example-making tear since the backlash over the Ray Rice situation bit them hard last year. Patriots just happened to be the latest victim. And this tear will probably continue for a while as the NFL realizes that social media and the 24/7 attention it's brought onto itself that it coveted so much increases the focus on even relatively minor scandals.

Years
    Obvious problems with how the NFL handles discipline aside, the Patriots and Brady deserved what they got and I don't feel the least bit sorry for it. They had evidence enough to repremand the Pats; I don't feel that they're shooting from the hip on this one and hoping they get it close to right. I can def. see the Pats going 1-3 or 2-2 at best without Brady, Dallas should be good, the Bills will be decent and the Steelers should have no trouble with the Pats without Brady. Jacksonville is meh. I'd love to see them start 0-4 though.

Back