• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
    Update:

Spoiler:

Update again:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm going to have a crack at a Ruby Nuzlocke, using rules1, 3, 4, 6 and 7 (maybe 8, if I get spare time).

Also, is the whole cave treated as one area, or each level, for example, the cave on Dewford has two levels (or is it three?), or the fiery path (so If I encountered and caught a torkoal, then went into the back area and got a bagon. Also, in game trades or free pokemon (Beldum?), are they allowed?

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
    I'm going to have a crack at a Ruby Nuzlocke, using rules1, 3, 4, 6 and 7 (maybe 8, if I get spare time).

Also, is the whole cave treated as one area, or each level, for example, the cave on Dewford has two levels (or is it three?), or the fiery path (so If I encountered and caught a torkoal, then went into the back area and got a bagon. Also, in game trades or free pokemon (Beldum?), are they allowed?

An entire cave is treated as one area. So you cannot get pokemon from different levels of the cave.

Also, I do believe that in-game trades and free pokemon are allowed (too late for me if it isnt), as long as it is the first pokemon you get in that city/route wherever you are. EG. In Celadon city, you can go and buy Abra at the game corner coin exchange, but then you cannot buy another pokemon there/get eevee in the mansion

Years
    Ok, thanks. I thought so, but I thought i'd make sure.

And, now for my first update.

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

PC:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
    Hello fellow PokeLockers..

Sorry its been awhile since my last update (girls become high maintenance after dating for a long time)

Chapter 4 - Lav-Cav-STAB
    Spoiler:

Well you've all been great I finished this game already but had no time to update so I'll start White when its a clean rom.. but for now updates.. now I must leave.. Arizona here I come!!

Au Revior Lockamaniacs!!

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I've always wanted to do a nuzlocke challenge. XD I'll do it with Pokemon Red, if that's okay. :) Funnily enough, I'll be playing it on a red Game Boy Advance SP. XD I'll also be doing every rule.

Spoiler:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I guess I can do it with the Japanese Pokemon games then, since no one's telling me no.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Am I allowed to get the event Pokemon on Pokemon Green, even if I run into a Pokemon before I reach the event Pokemon? I'm talking about Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Am I allowed to get the event Pokemon on Pokemon Green, even if I run into a Pokemon before I reach the event Pokemon? I'm talking about Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo.

If you read the original Nuzlocke comic (and if you follow those "official" rules), then no you aren't allowed. I guess it's up to you whether you can catch them if they are the first Pokemon you encounter in an area; if you've bumped into another beforehand then you definitely can't use them, and repel-spamming to get through to a Legendary is categorically not allowed.

Frankly, if you were allowed to use Legendaries, then everyone would use them in their Nuzlockes and there'd be no challenge to it.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    What about event Pokemon I get in Town that aren't Legendarys and those fossils I get?

Popuri

~Eievui~
    Years
    ^@Konekodemon yes you can use both but only one event pokemon per city.

I would like to try this in Pokémon Crystal. I will use rules 1, 3, 4, 5, 7.
    We can use Pokécentres right?
    Also: Can we do in-game trades?

I am adding an addendum to the rules. If I find a shiny pokemon in the wild I can catch it and use it regardless of if I've caught another in that area.

EDIT 1:

First Update:
    Spoiler:

Second Update:
    Spoiler:

Badges:
    Falkner's Zephyrbadge

Current Team:

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Kate (F) Level 14
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Iago (M) Level 12
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Belle (F) Level 12
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    RockPolish (M) Level 12 ***Shiny***
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Ms. Mowz (F) Level 12

Box:
    Medusa//Ekans Level 4

Deceased:
    None yet.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    My Green Nuzlocke Team so far. I don't have all badges but the card maker made me put them on here.
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Last edited:

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
    Alright so another update

Crani-doom
    Spoiler:

Yes my Charmander in fact did almost fain from a Critter Hitter so what? That's my update for the day see you tomorrow Lockers!!

Arnold

...?
    Years
    Update for Nuzlocke run.

-Started the game with Bulbasaur and named him Hector. I decided tat I will use Fire Emblem (FE7) names since losing a unit is just like this despite how they're actually used.
    -Route 1 Pokemon uncatchable w/o Pokeballs.
    -Delivered parcel and got me 5 pokeballs.
    -Caught a Nidoran(m) and named him Matthew in Route 22.
    -Caught a Pidgey and named him Oswin in Route 2.
    -Caught a Kakuna and named her Serra in Viridian Forest.
    -Grinded my current team to Level 12 where Serra will have her first attack move.
    -Serra evolved into a Beedrill.
    -Defeated my Rival and Brock quite easily.
    -Caught a Spearow and named him Eliwood in Route 3.
    -Caught a Zubat and named him Marcus in Mt. Moon.
    -Made it through Mt. Moon and caught a Rattata and named him Lowen in Route 4 who I boxed.
    -Did some grinding in Route 4 and Serra was defeated.
    -Received Lowen who I grinded but was defeated too.
    -After grindintg, I took on Blue was successful but Oswin was defeated.
    -Since the area past the bridge counts as two areas (the bridge is one and the other is the maze near Bill's house), I caught a Pidgey (Route 24) who I named Rebecca and a Weedle who I named Dorcas.
    -Grinded Dorcas and Rebecca where Dorcas evolved into a Beedrill but was defeated. Rebecca, Matthew, and Marcus evolve to 2nd forms.
    -Got the ticket for the S.S. Anne.
    -Decided to get Dig first but Eliwood was defeated in the process.
    -Returned to Route 4 to grind against Misty but Marcus was defeated as well.
    -Defeated Misty and caught a Oddish who I named Bartre in Route 5.
    -Caught another Pidgey in Route 6 who I named Guy.
    -Got Old Rod and caught a Magikarp for minor backup. Named him Erk and boxed him.
    -Caught a Diglett (Diglett's Cave) who I named Priscilla and another Spearow (Route 11) who I named Lyn.
    -Grinded new team members but Lyn and Priscilla got defeated. Guy was boxed after evolving. Bartre also evolved.
    -Defeated Blue again and got Cut who I taught to Bartre. Hector was defeated in the battle.
    -Defeated Lt. Surge but lost Matthew as well.
    -With only two Pokemon (Rebecca and Bartre), I retrieved Erk and Guy.
    -Currently grinding Erk (mostly).

Active Members

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Rebecca the Pidgeotto Lv. 26
    First Met: Route 24
    Moves: Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Bartre the Gloom Lv. 27
    First Met: Route 5
    Moves: Absorb, Poisonpowder, Stun Spore, Cut

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Guy the Pidgeotto Lv. 24
    First Met: Route 6
    Moves: Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Erk the Magikarp Lv. 6
    First Met: Vermilion City
    Moves: Splash

Boxed
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

Man this was a large update. These are close approximations of what happened. These deaths mostly resulted in my careless ability to switch. This Nuzlocke with a Fire Emblem name theme is interesting.

Years
    Hey there. First update! Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm using the optional rules:
    Nicknaming (duh)
    I gots my own, too:
    I can't go to any individual Pokemon Center more than 4 times.

-Did all of the boring stuff and got a Male, Mild Torchic, named Riley.
    -Did more boring stuff, had a close call with May, but got through it. Went back to Littleroot Town to claim my Poke Balls.
    -Walked through Route 101, fighting Pokemon and grinding.
    -Went straight to Route 103, and lookie what I got; a Male, Careful Loted! I swear to you, that was the first Pokemon I saw and I am beyond happy with it. I named him Splashy.
    -Went to Pokemon Center, use #2, first being when I came up from Route 101 the first time.
    -Grinded and battled, getting my team up to level 9 and using up my Pokemon Center uses.
    -Did the Wally stuff.
    -Went to Route 104, found a Female, Impish Taillow in the grass. Took a while to catch, but caught it without casualties. I named her FlutterBum (would've made it Flutter Buns, but that would be two excess characters.)
    -Grinded Taillow to match my team, and beat everyone with widespread effort from all of my team. Everyone at level 10.
    -Used up Pokemon Center use for Petalburgh #2, and went to the forest.
    -Saw a Slakoth, got it down to red with FlutterBum, and when I went to my bag--no Poke Balls! Ugh. I beat it for the experience and went on.
    -Beat everyone, team now level 11-12.
    -Went to Rustboro, used Pokemon Center use 1. Went to Route 116, found a Male, Docile Nincada, caught it. Named him Stitches.
    -Stitches died.
    -Beat all the other trainers out of revenge, and am contemplating weather I should go to Rusturf Tunnel now or later. Also grinding. Don't need to grind Splashy, because of his Water/Grass typing, which is death to Geodude, but I definitely needed to level up Riley and FlutterBum. To level 16-15.

Team so far:

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Name: Riley
    Species: Torchic
    Type: Fire
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Mild
    Level: Fifteen (15)
    Moves:
    -Ember
    -Scratch
    -Focus Energy