• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
  • I just noticed this after reading through some posts (I read through some of them because it's like reading little stories) :3

I would say this is against the rules, as it's not within the limits of the game. However, I guess I hadn't made this clear, so I can let this one slide and allow it. (It is now clarified in the OP)
    But for any future nuzlockes, it'd be good to avoid doing this.

I feel really stupid for not making sure that it was okay to evolve Maxwell beforehand. Thank you for pointing that out. I promise I won't make that mistake again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    It's been pretty slow progress on my challenge for Pearl, but I do have an update!

- Started the game out and picked Turtwig as the starter. Blew through all the pre-game stuff and whatnot.
    - Caught a Starly on Route 201 and a Shinx on Route 202 for my team; Bidoof on 204 as a slave and a Zubat in the Ravaged Path for the box. Also fished up a Magikarp on Route 218 for the box.
    - Beat my rival on Route 203 without any real problems; grabbed a Geodude in the Oreburgh Gate for the team and a Kricketot on 203 for the box.
    - Went through the whole Oreburgh City/Gym without too many issues.
    - Grabbed a Machop on Route 207 and swapped it for an Abra in Oreburgh City. Didn't really intend to use either, but having Abra will save me down the road.
    - Ventured up to Floaroma Town and over to the Valley Windworks. Criticalled the Shellos I encountered there...
    - Beat Mars, using some clever switching to Intimidate (Staravia only) the Purugly down to where it wasn't a killing machine.

Current Team: Shinx, Staravia, Geodude, Grotle, Bidoof (HM Slave)
    Box: Abra, Zubat, Geodude, Kricketot

Zyaeblm

Not you
    Years
  • Okay, I'll play! ^_^

Rules:
    1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be put in the Pokémon Storage System permanently.
    2. The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. Shiny Pokémon are exempted from this rule.
    3. Trading is completely banned, but trading for the purpose of evolution is perfectly fine.
    4. Nickname all Pokémon.
    5. Player can accept Pokémon that are received freely from NPCs.
    6. Set battle style.
    7. Legendary Pokémon are banned.
    8. Starter Pokémon is randomly generated (1-3).

Sign-Up
    Username: Zyaeblm
    Version: Pokémon FireRed Omega (Pokémon FireRed)
    Single/Ultimate?: Single

Update 1
    Current Location: Pewter City
    Badges: None. (Will grind for Brock after posting this!)
    Dead: None.
    Box: Empty.

Party:
    elekid.png

Lightning the Hasty Elekid (Starter | Lv. 11 | Male | Met in Pallet Town. | Ability: Volt Absorb)
    Thundershock | Quick Attack | Leer | Karate Chop

ralts.png

Amara the Bold Ralts (Lv. 10 | Female | Met in Viridian City | Ability: Synchronize)
    Confusion | Growl

poochyena.png

Shadow the Docile Poochyena (Lv. 9 | Male | Met in Route 2 | Ability: Run Away)
    Tackle | Howl | Sand-attack

rattata.png

Purple the Bold Rattata (Lv. 10 | Male | Met in Route 22 | Ability: Guts)
    Quick Attack | Tackle | Tail Whip

oddish.png

Lloyd the Jolly Oddish (Lv. 11 | Male | Met in Viridian Forest | Ability: Chlorophyll)
    Absorb | Sweet Scent

mudkip.png

Sapphire the Jolly Mudkip (Lv. 10 | Male | Met in Pewter City - NPC Gift | Ability: Torrent)
    Tackle | Growl | Mud-slap | Water Gun

Last edited:
    Years
  • Episode #3: Whitney Strikes
    Spoiler:

Zyaeblm

Not you
    Years
  • Update 2
    Spoiler:

Update 3
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Episode #4: Wow...
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2020
    Update #2:
    Finally got things working a bit, battled my way to violet city and also finally got through to silver! Still running on a single pokemon though. Maggie lives on ! No deaths YET !

Zyaeblm

Not you
    Years
  • Update 4
    Spoiler:

Update 5
    Spoiler:

Update 6
    Spoiler:

Update 7 - Defeat
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • UPDATE #22: PREPARING FOR BATTLE
    Spoiler:

UPDATE # 23: ELITE BEAT AGENTS!
    Spoiler:

CURRENT OBJECTIVE:
    Defeat Lance at Indigo Plateau.

ACTIVE TEAM (IN ROTATION):
    Spoiler:

BOXED:
    Spoiler:

DEATHS:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • YO
    So I finished..1 battle on the first route and then stopped for now lol
    Team:

Belle (Bellsprout) Lvl 8

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2020
    Update #3:
    found a new friend out side of voilet city:
    LENNON the whily whily snake

and Maggie (Magby) almost died of poisoning
    Spoiler:

After pwning our way through sprout tower we finally headed towards Falkner, who for some reason fights you with his dad's weak little pokemon.
    Spoiler:

and finally raged our way to and through union cave finding 2 new friends along the way:
    Linny the togepi
    Duddbro the Geodude
    Spoiler:

pizzabagel14

Pizzabagel14
    Years
  • Username: pizzabagel14
    Version: so is using enhanced hacks of each region allowed? if so that's what I would prefer to do.
    Challenge: Ultimate

Optional rules:
    You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
    A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pok?mon left in the PC.
    Separated Areas (Only if they are actually separated, like North/South 204 from Sinnoh, or multiple floors in a cave)

As soon as I know the answer to my question I will let you know what version of Kanto I am doing and update regularly. Thank you! :15:

pizzabagel14

Pizzabagel14
    Years
  • Update #1
    Spoiler:

TO BE CONTINUED....

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • YO SUP BRO
    Zeta keeps crashing on me and it's pretty annoying, to say the least. So I have to quit this Nuzlocke. I'll try another one:

Username: Blastin'TyruntZ
    Version: Platinum 493 (enhanced version of platinum)
    Challenge: Single

I'll start:
    I had to pick which starter looked the most beautiful: Turtwig,Chimchar or Piplup.
    Choosing Turtwig will get you a Dratini, Chimchar will score you a Gible anf for picking Piplup you'll have a Bagon. I went with Turtwig and got myself a Dratini! :3

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Due to my 3DS being stolen, I cannot continue my Pokemon Yellow nuzlocke. Could @volga take me off the solo challenger list?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Name: mystletainn (IG: Nutella)
    Game: Storm Silver
    Challenge: Single

Just beat Falkner! Peanut survived with 1 HP but otherwise it was an easy battle with Salt and Marshmallo!

kUBtZbI.png
    fcipLhI.png

uqBFQsD.png
    0hFmVjn.png

In Box:
    Walnut the Careful Geodude - Route 46
    Honey the Naive Surskit - Route 30 (Won't use due to overlap with Marshmallo)
    Mint the Impish Budew - Route 31
    Pepper the Lonely Charmander - Violet City
    Yolk the Docile Meditite - Sproute Tower

Deceased:
    Nothing Yet!

Badges: 1​

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Username: Gandhi Savage.
    Version: Pokémon Ruby (Randomized).
    Single/Ultimate?: Single.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Time for a quick update on my Pearl Nuzlocke! Haven't really been accomplishing much (Pokemon Go has kept me busy!) but it's something at least!

- Worked my way up Route 205 to Eterna Forest, catching a Buizel along the way.
    - Partnered with Cheryl in the Forest and got through it, picking up a Buneary along the way.
    - Got to Eterna City and went up to Route 211 to grind a bit. Caught Cleffa in Mt. Coronet (...) and then Meditite on Route 211 to add to the team!
    - Beat Gardenia fairly easily with my Staravia.
    - Hiked back to the Old Chateau to grab a Gastly, boxed it up fairly quickly but could use it as a good backup down the road.
    - Took down Team Galactic in their hideout, again with some switching with Staravia's Intimidate to cut that Skuntank's attack.
    - Went down Cycling Road to Route 206 and caught... a Kricketune. Oops.

Getting ready to head over to Hearthome City soon!

Team: Meditite, Grotle, Luxio, Geodude, Staravia, Bidoof (HM slave)
    Box: Abra, Zubat, Magikarp, Kricketot, Buizel, Buneary, Cleffa, Gastly, Kricketune
    Dead: None yet!

jdprager

OH MY GOD I FREAKING LOVE HYDREIGON
    Years
  • Username: jdprager
    Version: Platinum
    Single/Ultimate?: Single

Additional Rules:
    -No duplicate captures
    -Must nickname all Pokemon
    And a rule of my own creation:
    -Only items that are given to the player or found on the ground can be used (Revives are of course banned)

Back