• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2016
    Username: Nathz / IG: Nath
    Version: Fire Red (Pokemon Throwback/Your Custom Kanto Experience)
    Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate
    Aditional Rules:
    - You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
    - A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
    - You must change the battle style to SET.
    - After the first wild Pokémon was caught, you must place your starter in a box and you cant use it.
    - You may not use legendary Pokémon.
    - No Duplicate Captures, you can capture another in the same route.
    - You can buy 5 healing items per store (like 5 potions or 3 potions & 2 antidotes and so).
    - Once you start a new route you cant go back to the last pokemon center once you reach the next pokemon center.
    - Once you start a Gym you cant leave the Gym once you finish it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: CrauS / IG: CrauS
    Version: Fire Red (Pokemon Throwback/Your Custom Kanto Experience)
    Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate
    Aditional Rules:
    - You must change the battle style to SET.
    - After the first wild Pokémon was caught, you must place your starter in a box and you cant use it.
    - You can buy 5 healing items per store (like 5 potions or 3 potions & 2 antidotes and so).
    - Once you start a new route you cant go back to the last pokemon center once you reach the next pokemon center.

Years
  • So I attempted a Nuzlocke in Pokémon Red Version. Failed after Brock in Mt. Moon. My team fell to one of the Team Rocket's Grunt's lv 16 raticate.

I skipped gen IV for various reasons and decided to start another one.
    This time with Platinum version. So far only four pokemon I've caught died.

Username: juliorain
    Version: Platinum
    Single/Ultimate?: Single
    Aditional Rules:

I crushed Roark and on my way to Gardenia. It sucks my Chimchar died on the route to Oreburgh city where it list to a kriketot who used bide at a rather unfortunate time.

Currently my team is:

Jeb the Psyduck lvl 12

Helena lvl 5 the Geodude

Dana the Shinx lvl 9

Nora the Kriketot lvl 5

Rick the Starly at lvl 12

The dead:
    Jenny the Bidoof @ lvl 6
    Alessa the Chimchar @ lvl 8 ;(.......
    Henry @ lvl 8 the Zubat
    Artemis the Budew lvl 12

We'll see if I can wall Gardenia with my Starly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Xander's Pokemon Challenges

Pokemon Ruby Nuzlocke- I have alot of videos up on my channel this is a link to one of them, please come over and check them out, subscribe to my channel i really need help starting out as a youtuber, thx

https://youtu.be/A-IZJBl23y4

RedHead!

flying-type enthusiast
    Years
  • I'm gonna try one.

Username: RedHead!
    Version: Red
    Single/Ultimate: Ultimate
    Additional Rules:
    Must nickname all pokemon.
    No duplicate captures; you can capture another on the same route.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    OP has been updated, finally. I haven't really been posting/playing because my husband passed away at the beginning of October, and y'know, grief and stuff got in the way.
    As soon as I know the answer to my question I will let you know what version of Kanto I am doing and update regularly. Thank you! :15:
    Sorry for the extremely late reply. But yes, enhanced hacks are allowed, such as Blaze Black, etc., I'm not sure about Liquid Crystal, but if it's the generally the same story as the gen 2 games then it's good.
    Due to my 3DS being stolen, I cannot continue my Pokemon Yellow nuzlocke. Could @volga take me off the solo challenger list?
    Same as above, sorry for the very late reply. But I'm sorry to hear that. :(

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Once upon a time, there was a certain stizh who liked to do challenges on PokeCommunity. He was pretty bad at video games, and somehow managed to win a nuzlocke with Persona themed mons. However, what this stizh failed to realize was that Persona 2 was a duology, and instead of moving straight to the second half of the show, he ended up being busy with work and making videos and generally just slacking off. But now this certain stizh has returned, ready to finish the fight against Ghetsis and Messiah's former goons, now made into Nyarlethotep's Goons. Let us begin the second half of our tale...and let's watch this stizh suffer even more than he did the first time, because we all know we like watching people lose valuable team members in nuzlockes.

Username: BlissyMKW
    Version: White 2

Same rule applies as last time. All team members must be named after something from the Persona games. Characters, skills, Personas, it doesn't matter. However, I am banned from using names from my previous final squad. If I forget and use the names Reiji, Masao, Bufudyne, Pulinpa, Kohyru, or Aqua, I am subject to immediate failure of the locke, because just killing off my best team member is too lenient if I'm too stupid to actually use the same name twice.

Sorry for the extremely late reply. But yes, enhanced hacks are allowed, such as Blaze Black, etc., I'm not sure about Liquid Crystal, but if it's the generally the same story as the gen 2 games then it's good.

Liquid Crystal is, for the most part, the same. However, as far as I've seen, there are new things added to the story, like new rivals, another evil team, and a couple of other things.

Years
  • Username: LRachelR5
    Version: Y
    Single/Ultimate: Single
    Optional rules: No dupes, including evolution lines, static or gift encounters are there own encounters, places that have two areas allow for separate encounters (i.e. the water and land area of Azure Bay allow for me to catch a pokemon in both areas)

UPDATE
    Spoiler:

TEAM
    Spoiler:

BOX
    Spoiler:

Graveyard
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

RedHead!

flying-type enthusiast
    Years
  • I've decided that with everything I have going on, I can't do this challenge anymore.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    So is there a verdict on whether Munchlax is usable in the Nuzlocke?

The event Munchlax?

I guess so, since it's level 5 and has no huge advantages over other Pokemon, I don't see why not. :)

userdamname

Just use your name!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    Username: Userdamname
    Version: Emerald
    Single/Ultimate: Single

Optional Rules
    All Pokemon Must be nicknamed
    Cannot use held items
    Starter based on last number digit (123 for grass, 456 for fire, and 789 for water. 0 just pick whatever like it's a wild card in uno.)

January 1st, 2017
    Name: August
    Started Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke Journey
    Starts off with Hotsauce the female Torchic
    Met Silky the female Wurmple
    Met Ziggy the female Zigzagoon
    Met Ethan the male Wurmple
    Met Poochy the female Poochyena
    Evolved Ethan to a Silcoon

Team so far
    Hotsauce the Torchic at lvl 10
    Silky the Wurmple at lvl 3
    Ethan the Silcoon at lvl 7
    Ziggy the Zigzagoon at lvl 3
    Poochy the Poochyena at lvl 3

Last edited:

userdamname

Just use your name!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    January 2nd 2017
    Meets Matt the male Poochyena
    Bought 20 Pokeballs
    Defeated some trainers and gained some levels
    Evolved Ethan to a Beautifly
    Meets Jay the Poochyena
    Intense Grinding and Leveling up
    Evolved Silky into Silcoon
    Ziggy and Silky has fallen
    Met Loudmouth the female Whismur
    Met Squishy the male Gulpin

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Quick update on my Pearl Nuzlocke; not too much has happened since the last update but I think it'll pick up since I finished Moon a few days ago.

- Journeyed all the way to Hearthome City after clearing trainers on Route 206 and 207. Left Wayward Cave alone for now; hoping for a Gible later
    - Defeated my rival in Hearthome City; it wasn't too much of a challenge (probably since his Starly hadn't evolved yet)
    - Given an egg in Hearthome City, stashed it in the box for now
    - Cleared Route 209, 210, Solaceon Ruins, and most of Route 215. Regrettably, I KO'ed Bibarel on Route 209 and had to run from a Kadabra on 215 (so strong!). However, I caught an Unown F and Ponyta for the box, perhaps for use later.
    - Geodude evolved to Graveler! I'll be trading to evolve it over the next couple of days. Woot!

Team (all at lv. 25): Meditite, Graveler, Staravia, Grotle, Luxio; Bidoof HM slave

UPDATE: RIP Luxio! He fell to the double battle team of Gyarados and Glameow (...) at the end of Route 215. First casualty of the challenge... Now I don't have a good electric type for Crasher Wake. Picked Gastly from the box and started training it up - it'll be able to learn Thunderbolt and should be of great help in the Veilstone Gym as well due to its typing.

Last edited:

userdamname

Just use your name!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    January 7th, 2017 (Couldn't be able to post much due to school)
    Team Right now
    Ethan the Male Beautifly at Lv16
    Aqui the Female Magikarp at Lv9
    Squishy the Male Gulpin at Lv12

Encounters Team Aqua in the Oceanic Museum
    Obtains TM46 from a Team Aqua Grunt
    Defeats two Team Aqua Grunts
    Handed over Devon Goods to Captain Stern
    Obtained the Exp Share from Mr. Stone
    Loudmouth has fallen
    Ethan has fallen
    Squishy has fallen
    Aqui has fallen
    Ran out of all Usable Pokemom
    Nuzlocke failed..... :(

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Username: TheCrystalFlaaffy
    Version: Pokemon Prism

Started a new nuzlocke let's play on my channel. Here's episode 1 :]
    Spoiler:
    Here's episode 2 :]
    Spoiler:
    And episode 3 ;]
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Xander's Pokemon Challenges

I have been doing a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke for a while and am not sure if I signed up or not so if I didnt sign me up

Xander 729
    Alpha Sapphire
    Single

Progress:

I have 6/8 badges, and my team is
    sceptile.gif

Sceptile Lvl. 39
    lombre.gif

Lombre lvl. 39
    mightyena.gif

Mightyena lvl. 38
    pelipper.gif

Pelipper lvl. 37
    vigoroth.gif

Vigoroth lvl. 35
    beautifly.gif

Beautifly lvl. 35

PS this game is way too easy, I havent lost a Pokemon yet and havent even had any close calls, I'm also not using items in battle so this game is just pathetic in difficulty

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    So I started a blog to track my journey through the games beyond Gen I, and since I'm playing each game as a Nuzlocke/Gymlocke I might as well throw my name into this too.

However, I have a question with labeling as a Single vs. Ultimate. I am playing on emulators, so I can only play up through Gen V. This isn't all the available games/regions, but it's what's playable for me since I don't own any type of DS... So it doesn't truly fit the Ultimate description, but it's more than a Single...

Username: JaDe.X105
    Version: Currently Crystal, but Emerald, Platinum, B/W, and B2/W2 will follow
    Single/Ultimate?: *pending OP reply*

Also update on my progress in Crystal:
    Badges:
    Johto- 1/8, Kanto- 0/8

Current team:
    Spr_2c_158.png
    Kansas, Lvl. 12
    Spr_2c_163.png
    Feathers, Lvl. 12
    Spr_2c_167.png
    WebButt, Lvl. 11
    Spr_2c_095.png