• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The offical "PC won't load | I can't post | threads won't load" etc. thread.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • Ok there's far too many threads in Q&F about the same thing. This is for anyone that has probs posting, viewing threads, slow loading times on PC, database errors, down time and all that.

We know about it, it's the server/database. That's what's giving everyone on PC all the problems. That's why you can't view threads or make posts or get on PC and have it working 100% of the time. Yes it's bugging all of us just as much as it is you. Just give it a little time and maybe Steve can fix it.

So there's no need to start 50 new threads about "I can't post". If you want you can post here in this thread about the probs you're having. But any new threads about this will be locked.

Before posting about glitches, problems posting, etc.

First, try to log out, clear your cookies and cache, and then try again after closing and restarting your browser. Many times doing these simple things will fix the problem.

If the problem is still there afterward, reply here or post a new thread.

What to include when posting a problem

When posting about a glitch, problem, etc., be sure to include the following:

• What you were doing at the time of the problem (link to threads you were viewing, where you were going, search term used, etc.)
    • What the error message said, if you got one
    • A screenshot of the problem, if you can get one, attached or uploaded to a place like Photobucket, TinyPic, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • Finally, good work....I think the errors were getting a tad too common for us to hold them in this forum as individual threads....

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555

They call me..."Darkness"
    Years
  • What is going on with the error where it claims my posts are not beyond 25 characters? I'm sorry if this is misplaced, but it seems to be te right place for this issue. I am behind on a roleplay and this is quite agrivating. Considering my posts are longer than 25 characters.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • That has nothing to do with the server.

What message are you trying to send?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • ThEoNeAnDoNlY555 said:
    What is going on with the error where it claims my posts are not beyond 25 characters? I'm sorry if this is misplaced, but it seems to be te right place for this issue. I am behind on a roleplay and this is quite agrivating. Considering my posts are longer than 25 characters.
    It's not an error, your post has to be over 25 characters to be posted (quotes doesn't add to the characters of the post).

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • Well, actually characters in brackets don't seem to count either as they're interpreted as style tags, so if you're using brackets for stage directions, you should use parentheses, braces, or asterisks instead.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • So you've made a loading problems thread? This is great.
    I usually tend to have problems loading threads with new messages, and I have major problems with the Quick Reply box. I type in a message, 'Post Quick Reply', but it just tends to freeze. And with these problems, I'm forced to Log Out without clicking 'Log Out' (is this okay, btw?)
    But my computer has been having a lot of problems lately. Has anyone had any?

Years
  • how can I activate my acount

what is the activate code

Arcanine: Don't double post.
    *Merged*

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • Yea, I hate this error, I use firefox so sometimes when i tried to load a thread it actually download "showthread.php" to my computer... *sigh*

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555

They call me..."Darkness"
    Years
  • Crystal Walrein said:
    Well, actually characters in brackets don't seem to count either as they're interpreted as style tags, so if you're using brackets for stage directions, you should use parentheses, braces, or asterisks instead.

Aha! That must be it, because I use [[ ]] around my out of character posts, and the posts I were attempting to post were only in out of character. Why does it interperate it this way? It sucks for me, because I have to go back and edit my posts directly after posting to add in my brackets.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • May I ask if all these problems are due to the fact that there are a lot of users on this forum?

I feel like wanting to flame them all, but I'm polite. And I know that everyone has a right to this forum as much as I do.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I dunno is this is spam or not...If it is please tell me.

But you know when PC is down and it's says "Data Base Error. We apologise for any inconvenience." Well, "apologize" is spelled wrong. It's spelled with a "Z" not a "S". I justed wacted to point that out O__o;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • There are actually two ways of spelling that word. The American way is with a Z. The British/Australian/Canadian way of spelling it is with an S. So it's not technically wrong depending on your localisation. o.o

Kraka-chan - Yeah, that's pretty much it. We're too active for the server so it overloads. @_@

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Oh okay :3 I didn't know that it could be spelled another way ^^;

Back