• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The offical "PC won't load | I can't post | threads won't load" etc. thread.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    I have such a low percentage success rate just getting this site to open, Im not even coming on here much anymore. there's something raping this site's servers, and it needs fixed, quick. it might have something to do with all these links to the scam version of pokemon world online, which wants you to download Zango, a program infamous for being malicious and running adware

umm no
    that link is just that.. a link. visiting it does nothing.. doesn't affect the servers in any way.

The sever PC is on is just pretty busy.. most of it is PC, but there are a few small sites that, at times, get a little busy.. if it happens when PC is busy as well, the server starts to overload.. there are only so many resources (RAM, CPU, etc.) that the server can use.

We're hoping that a newer server (more powerful we hope) will go a long way tp solving the load issues.. stay tuned

Years
    Will PC every get this problem with its extremly slow server every solved I really hope so because other members are leaving to different faster similar pokemon forums but I wanna stay just want it to get better yo!

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    different FASTER forums? haha.. where?
    PC is still the fastest of the poke related forums.

we do hope an upcoming server move to a "more powerful server" will solve a lot of the slowness - we can only hope, wait and see.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I just got an out of memory and a database error as I was trying to load my user control panel.

Problem sill persisting?

Buoysel

Years
    Are you kidding me???!!! I thought the new server would get rid of the problem but...

No sadly I'm not. I also lost my supporter status for some reason. My Avatar has disappeared and I am not allowed to upload images. There for a little while I was not allowed to post (anywhere), but that has since been fixed.

Not to mention that I am still experiencing a little lag once in a while.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Care to explain WTF is going on? I thought the new server was supposed to end this crap.

EDIT: Okay, that was a little harsh. Lemme try again. What's goin' on?

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    There was never any guarantee of that, Hiroshi Sotomura stated that himself. It should fix some problems, and frankly I haven't had an error since.

I haven't been able to get on for the past two days, and niether has anyone else that I've talked to. ._.;

Buoysel

Years
    Care to explain WTF is going on? I thought the new server was supposed to end this crap.

EDIT: Okay, that was a little harsh. Lemme try again. What's goin' on?

I haven't been able to get on for the past two days, and niether has anyone else that I've talked to. ._.;

If it goes off again, try this link https://174.133.255.180

Becky is right. They are having problems with the computer that links the web address pokecommunity.com to the ip address 174.133.255.180. The server is fine, so far.

Hince the reason that the ip address works and the typed out pokecommunity doesn't.

Becky_x

Looking for a shiny Bellossom
    Years
    Becky is right. They are having problems with the computer that links the web address pokecommunity.com to the ip address 174.133.255.180. The server is fine, so far.

Hince the reason that the ip address works and the typed out pokecommunity doesn't.

Yay I did something right ^_^ *dances*

I think the more people that know about the IP link the better, that way people can still enjoy PC while it's getting fixed.

Unless too many people being on it causes it to break or something, I don't know about that kinda stuffs XD

Buoysel

Years
    Yay I did something right ^_^ *dances*

I think the more people that know about the IP link the better, that way people can still enjoy PC while it's getting fixed.

Unless too many people being on it causes it to break or something, I don't know about that kinda stuffs XD

But you forgot too too say why its happening. To be honest, I am not that good with computers like that. I am just piecing together what Rukario said, I am semi good at computer talk.

It wouldn't break it, just over load it and cause it to spit out more of those out of memory and database errors.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Yeah, I keep getting

'Fatal error, cannot proceed' or something like that, it happen lots, at first I thought it was my computer, but then I noticed it happened with every computer I go on.

I hope it gets fixed soon, because I have been busy, so I can't even come on the computer sometimes, and most the time, when I do, I can't even get on PC, so I get very distressed!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    You're still getting Fatal Errors, or was this a few days ago before they made the server switch?
    Most of the Fatal Errors seem to be fixed, at least for me. :/

Buoysel

Years
    I had a DNS error this morning that lasted 1 hour

There was an error this morning, no one could get on, well unless you used the ip addres which Becky mentioned above.

here is the conversation that took place in the SCHEDULED Down Time: 8/19 - 8/21 thread:

Was PC offline this morning, Firefox keep saying could not locate server. I tried Opera too.
    yeah it was kinda down..

seems an back-end (cPanel/WHM) update killed the nameservers (you know.. the DNS servers that tell the webserver where each site is)..
    nothing (domain names) was resolving.. we have a temp fix running until cPanel figures out what went wrong.

So it could go out again? Oh man. x_x

yeah it COULD.. and prolly will on and off as they test / repair it..

everyone can use the IP (https://174.133.255.180/) in the mean time or if you can't get on normally. (you will need to log in again)

WELL THIS SUX

seems the dns server / name server is dead at this time.. tech support is pretty stumped so we have no ETA til when it'll be fixed..

keep using the IP to access PC: https://174.133.255.180/

UPDATE: seems to be working again now... hopefully it'll stay working.

Hope this helped.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Yeah, I keep getting

'Fatal error, cannot proceed' or something like that, it happen lots, at first I thought it was my computer, but then I noticed it happened with every computer I go on.

I hope it gets fixed soon, because I have been busy, so I can't even come on the computer sometimes, and most the time, when I do, I can't even get on PC, so I get very distressed!
    what are you doing that gets you that error? never heard of (or seen) it.

Back