• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Blaziken vs Infernape Thread

Which one is better ?

• Blaziken !

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • Infernape !

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • 64 Atk 0 Def Neutral LO Infernape vs 0 Atk 0 Def Neutral LO Blaziken

Infernape strikes first with 108 speed. Infernape strikes with it's strongest move Close Combat, dealing 83.06% - 97.67%, falling just short of an OHKO. Blaziken strikes next; factoring in Close Combat's defense drop, Blaziken's Superpower deals 133.79% - 157.34%, more than an OHKO. Assuming that Infernape used an alternative move and didn't get the defense drop, the damage from Superpower would be 89.42% - 105.46% with a chance of OHKO. Factor in Life Orb damage and Infernape is KO'd. The thing is, after Blaziken attacks it takes on 10% Life Orb damage too, which might KO it. Either Blaziken wins or they both end up knocked out. :x

RUBY8

POKEMON FTW
    Years
  • Blazikan bcuz it is was the first fire/fighting and infernape it feels just like a copy of it which feels unoriginal.

BTW doesnt mean i hate infernape it just means i like Blazikan a little better

Charizard and Typhlosion R above both of them. ^_^

PokeBug

Aaron's Apprentice
    Years
  • I've never actually had a Blaziken, so I'd have to say Infernape. I like the whole Fire Monkey thing anyway, and Blaziken is what, a Fire Chicken?

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I like Blaziken much better than Infernape. I really don't like monkey's though so er.... But I've always had good luck with Blaziken in battle, and I feel that Infenape isn't isn't really original, I mean, we already had Blaziken so, why make another Fire-Fighting?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    64 Atk 0 Def Neutral LO Infernape vs 0 Atk 0 Def Neutral LO Blaziken

Infernape strikes first with 108 speed. Infernape strikes with it's strongest move Close Combat, dealing 83.06% - 97.67%, falling just short of an OHKO. Blaziken strikes next; factoring in Close Combat's defense drop, Blaziken's Superpower deals 133.79% - 157.34%, more than an OHKO. Assuming that Infernape used an alternative move and didn't get the defense drop, the damage from Superpower would be 89.42% - 105.46% with a chance of OHKO. Factor in Life Orb damage and Infernape is KO'd. The thing is, after Blaziken attacks it takes on 10% Life Orb damage too, which might KO it. Either Blaziken wins or they both end up knocked out. :x
    This ^.

Infernape is used more than Blaziken for the following reasons: more Speed at a cost of Attack and Special Attack (which barely changes any KOs), Close Combat, Nasty Plot, Grass Knot, U-turn, Fake Out, Stealth Rock, Encore, Endeavor, Swords Dance, etc. Obviously Infernape is a lot better, but Blaziken is still cool (and is amazing in UU).

Design wise, I have to go Blaziken.

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
    Years
  • The Official Blaziken vs Infernape Thread

Nuff Said

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • 2nd Overall Results : Really , Infernape is better in battling . Tested it myself . My bro and me over WiFi , he with Infernape , me with Blaziken . Meh. He won . And yes , my Sky Uppercut and Swords Dance weren't enough . Let's just hope I win next time .
    Also , Blaziken is still first in the poll . Even tough you lost in a battle Blaziken , you still have a better design !

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Even tough you lost in a battle Blaziken , you still have a better design !

Because rave-happy disco pants (inb4 someone mentions John Travolta) are definitely cooler than a Chinese fire monkey.

Honestly, though I hate them both, I have to go with Infernape. GameFreak just loves to give its Fire starters options out the wazoo, if only to please the 12 year-old fanboys that feed them their (parents') money.

Infernape just has more options and has a wider array of uses than Blaziken does. Most of our fiery rave chicken's talents lie in SubBlazing or making use of what little it has over Infernape. The lack of Speed certainly doesn't help Blaziken any. :V

Still, Cherii posted. Gotta listen to Cherii after all; telling it like it is as usual, and facepalming as nobody listens! Victory!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Inferape.
    It's based on the monkey king, while blaziken is a chicken that does kung foo.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • This thread is made of win, because it involves Blaziken! :D

If you haven't guessed yet, I prefer Blaziken...hands down. ;) Blaziken is some random creature which evolved from a little chick, and that makes it much more better. :D Blaziken s juts my favourite starer... no... favourite Pokemon. :D

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    From a competetive standpoint, Infernape wins 100% due to better speed, more balanced stats, and a considerably better movepool. Here is a direct quote from Blaziken's Smogon Analysis:

"In the OU metagame, Blaziken is generally outclassed by Infernape because of the latter's superior Speed and movepool."

Offensive Stat Total

Blaziken - 120 Atk/110 SAtk/80 Speed = 310 Offensive Stat. The speed is what really lets him down.
    vs.
    Infernape - 104 Atk/104 SAtk/108 Speed = 316 Offensive Stat. Much more balanced distribution. He loses a little punch for a lot of speed.

And comparing their movepool on Smogon & Serebii, you will notice a HUGE difference in Infernape's favor.

Case Closed.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • I actually don't mind Infernape at all--it's okay. But Blaziken is so much better that I never did like Infernape that much.

I picked Infernape as my starter in both Diamond and Pearl versions, but because of my experiences with Blaziken in R/S/E I have to say it's a better starter than Infernape, and it just...looks cooler. ^^ Fiery chicken!

Rocker32703

Water/Flying/Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Even though I prefer Water/Flying types over all (Which would beat both of these Pokemon in a fight), I'd have to go with Blaziken.

Blaziken is more aesthetically pleasing, and, in general, I think is more bad-ass. Chicken-turned-awesome >>> Monkey-turned-awesome.

So it's a little slower. Go back about a page and read the post explaining how a Blaziken would win a fight.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    64 Atk 0 Def Neutral LO Infernape vs 0 Atk 0 Def Neutral LO Blaziken

But many Infernape's run more than 64 Atk EVs, especially Scarfnape and some Mixnapes. I also run a Leadape with 252 Atk EVs, which would change the calculations significantly in Infernape's favor. The battle depends completely on the EV spread of Infernape.

Back