• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: The Official DayAndNight-Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
Oh, good Mastermind_X! Very cool :D
Maybe you could give us a way to change the Wild Pokémon according the Daytime, it will be easy now, I guess.
Good luck and a lot of thanks for your effort! :D

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
Years
Wow! I cant beleive this tool will be created! ^^ Good job MX ! Youre AWESOME bud! ^^
But, you will release the tool for FRGL & RSE at the same time, or first the tool for RSE and
then you'll add FRGL ? ^^

Good luck man ^^

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
The FRGL part if very interesting... I can't wait for the FRLG one, I can finally make it dark outside while people play a fairly made hack.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Hmm... We can say the FR & LG Day Night System will take long cause theres basically no rtc. Theres other alternatives however like using the game time or the number of steps. All I can say is for ASM with MX - nothings impossible :)

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Theres some small timers in Fire red that do different things MX probably used one of them
Go MX
XD

Oh, good Mastermind_X! Very cool :D
Maybe you could give us a way to change the Wild Pokémon according the Daytime, it will be easy now, I guess.
Good luck and a lot of thanks for your effort! :D

That can't be done because it's a change of Pallets

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I say make it on about _____ steps for FRLG. Yes, steps. Has to be at least 100, max 100000.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Awesom MM_X, I have to day that I really like this.
But what's about Morning Time, are you going to implement morning too?

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
Also, is just a different effect for the same condition, like:
if(time>7)
{
wild_poke1=hoot-hoot
}

instead of:

if(time>7)
{
pallete=blue+10
}

OF COURSE IT ISN'T THAT SIMPLE. Just to undestand.

Gyaridos1992

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2008
Wow, nice tool MMX. The only problem is that people are going to use this in every hack. Its going to be the next snow tileset. All the Noobs are going to be like, l l5 73l-l l3357 l-l4x0l2

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I agree, and this tool will be helpful. I won't be using it probably, as I don't make hacks, but this is a good creation when released!

And to Gyarados1992, it may become overused, but it's better than having hacks that always use 1 pallette and no night/day routine. This is an evolution of hacking! All we need is a way to insert pokemon image animations into Firered... Thats probably impossible... Nevermind...

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
It can become overused, I don't mind at all. It's when people put it into their hack, just for the heck of it, and they don't back it up or anything, and when they have horrible hacks with this system...

How does this system work, might I ask? Does it set a variable somewhere? If so then, it'll be much easier to implement "Check time of day" events :D
Well good luck with this, especially for FR/LG!

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
In order to answer some questions:

Once the tool is released, it only will work for RSE. I know that some (most?) of you don't like to hear that but it will take some time to implement a "FR/LG-Mode". Features which will be created later:

- This cool "window effect" (that means that you can choose 3 colors which are replaced if its night)
- The daytimes will depend on steps or the internal game time or the rtc (if it exists in the desired game)
- There surely WILL be "night" pokemon and "day" pokemon. I talked about this and its implementation in Advance Map with LU-HO some months ago.
- The user will be able to define a "day/night" flag so that he can make dynamic scripts based on that flag
- I think there even would be the possibility to introduce weekdays but i'm VERY unsure about this...

so... I'm working on it... ^^

greetz
MX

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Okay, well that answered most of my questions. I guess I could wait a bit longer...

Off-Topic: is there a way to activate Ruby's national dex?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Okay, well that answered most of my questions. I guess I could wait a bit longer...

Off-Topic: is there a way to activate Ruby's national dex?

Off-topic: By what I've heard, you can by making a script. Or just edit the normal one.

On-Topic: I am looking for any updates here, this will help me... Or else I'll have to make 2 new Tilesets for my evil Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back