• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Aah D: I nearly lost Layla (Lapras) in her first fight! If she hadn't leveled up when she did, she would have died from poison, but she hung on with 1HP...! I swear to god, next time I see Giovanni, I'm going to metaphorically punch his face in.
    You're right but it will make my personal hell all the more special :D
    #edit# I'll still be using pokeballs but tossing any other items.
    ...You're insane.

Years
  • I don't have much time so I'll keep this brief.

I grinded my team to level 30 and took on Wattson, with Whistler taking down all of his team except for Manectric, who Racer took down easily. That's all today but tomorrow will hopefully have a bigger update.

My team is the same other than the levels, which are all 30.

Meap and Cheese, you are automatically signed up when you post your first update to the challenge, and AceDragonite, I don't seem to be on the list of challengers for R/S/E, when I am doing a challenge on Pokemon Emerald.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Second update :D

The Story so Far:

+ Enter Viridian Forest. And the first pokemon is:
    +
    Spr_1b_013.png
    Nice B)
    + I call Weedle Larry, and it was a simple case of growing some levels until Pewter City.
    + I decide to do some grinding. After what seemed like forever, I challenged the gym.
    + Bad move. I was fortunate enough not to lose anyone against the first trainer. Back out for some training - much to the dismay of the team. However, 2 cool things happened:
    +
    Spr_1b_014.png
    And then...
    +
    Spr_1b_015.png
    Larry. Too cool for school B)
    + Back to try and beat Brock. The fight ensued, and I had a brilliant tactic... spam Sand-Attack with Jefferey! >=D Switched out to Dargo so he could burn that rock to death. Same tactic with Onix. No casualties.
    + On to Route 3 now, and after a few battles:
    +
    Spr_1b_030.png
    Chelsea's growing up... =')
    + New capture:
    Spr_1b_016.png
    JeffereyII - should anything happen to my dear Jefferey. Boxed.
    + I reach Mt.Moon, and catch the first thing that appears!
    +
    Spr_1b_041.png
    Inevitable I suppose. Okay Zuzu, you're boxed.
    +
    Spr_1b_005.png
    Dargo's cool points just went up B)
    + What's that on the ground... a Moon Stone! >=)
    +
    Spr_1b_031.png
    The grinding was worth it after all... ^^
    + I nabbed the Dome Fossil (might aswell treat that as my Cinnibar pokemon) and got the hell outa there.
    + What will I find on Route 4?
    +
    Spr_1b_021.png
    I was looking for one of those =D I shall call him FeatherJoe. Boxed.
    + In Cerulean, I find a Rare Candy. Now who to use it on... Jefferey!
    +
    Spr_1b_017.png
    Right decision much? B)
    + Next step: Nugget Bridge =D

40px-Boulder_Badge.png

The Team:

Dargo - Lv. 17
    Spr_1b_005.png

Charmeleon
    Fire
    Scratch, Ember, Leer, Growl

Chelsea - Lv. 16
    Spr_1b_031.png

Nidoqueen
    Poison/Ground
    Poison Sting, Scratch, Mega Punch, Growl

Jefferey - Lv. 18
    Spr_1b_017.png

Pidgeotto
    Normal/Flying
    Gust, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack

Larry - Lv. 16
    Spr_1b_015.png

Beedrill
    Bug/Poison
    Poison Sting, Fury Attack, String Shot, Focus Energy

Boxed:
    JeffereyII (Pidgey), ZuZu (Zubat), FeatherJoe (Spearow)

Our Fallen Comrades:
    None =D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Time to continue
    Spoiler:

The Glorious Team:
    :t267: Joducus, level 24 - Gust, Mega Drain, Poison Sting, Stun Spore
    :t297: Makuhita, level 25 - Tackle, Vital Throw, Sand Attack, Arm Thrust
    :t309: Cinzia, level 24 - Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Spark, Howl

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    First Update 8/17/10 ingame Name:Lopnis
    Rules of my personal challenge
    1. Only heal at Pokemon centers
    2.I can't use any potions revives or healing items of any kind
    3. I can only buy one pokeball per town
    4.No T.m.s
    5.Toss all items I find besides pokeballs unless nessecary for the story or evolution or gaining a pokemon.
    Now:
    I started out in Pallet town and went off into the grass where I was attacked by a Pikachu but Prof. Oak caught it and we headed off to his lab where his grandson Sinpol stole my pokemon so he gave me a Pikachu which I named Sparky and beat up his Eevee then me an Sparky headed off to Viridian City and picked up Oaks Parcel took it back to him for my pokedex then back to Virdian and bought my one pokeball and went off to route 22 first pokemon Nidoran (F) caught her and named her Ivy then Grinded my team to level 10 and battled Sinpol again wiped the floor with him and continued through Virdian Forest but couldn't pick up the pokeball before a saw a pokemon then went to Peweter City and grinded my pokemon into the teens Sparky 16 Ivy 12 took on Brock with Ivy's new Double Kick and defeated his rock pokemon then headed off to Route 3 avoiding the grass so I could catch a pokemon later and battle all the trainers Ivy evolving to Nidorina then saved before the Tunnel.
    Pokemon================================================
    Sparky Pikachu Lvl. 16
    Ivy Nidorina Lvl. 16
    Boxed:None
    Died:None
    How can add those pokemon emoticons that look like pokemon themselves?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    :t###: with those ### being the number of the pokemon. If you want to add Charizard, for example, you'd use t006 to get :t006:.

...Speaking of Charizard... My first casualty has happened. Sabrina's Alakazam got a crit Psychic when I tried to switch in Ayumi from my Lapras. Never stood a chance.

R.I.P.
    Ayumi :t006: Lv5 - Lv38

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    How can add those pokemon emoticons that look like pokemon themselves?

You could go here and find the sprites. So to add the Charizard sprite from Platinum, you open up, say, the Platinum Sprites page, and find Charizard. Click on the link and the picture will appear - right click, then "Copy image URL."

Then when you post here, click the little picture button at the top of the text box you're typing in - it looks like a little picture frame with mountains and a moon/sun in it. Paste the URL you just copied into the notification that pops up on screen, and voila:

6.png

Charizard!

Also, your rules are pretty intense, haha. I'm playing without any healing/reviving items at all, but I am using TMs, Rare Candies and hold items. I think I'll play your way on my next Nuzlocke, because after the 4th Gym this run has been pretty straightforward on the whole!

P.S. Read my blog chronicling my journey, the link's in my sig :)

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • On a Platinum Nuzlocke now (my HGSS one... I just... lost interest, since I've played HGSS so many times XDD;;)! Except I edited one route to have 100% encounter rate for Delibird -- because I feel like playing with a Delibird. It learns Fly, it's cute, and Present is hilarious, though veryyyy risky to use. 8( I just got to Oreburgh Town with:

Delibird Lv. 9 (it swept an entire team)
    Chimchar Lv. 12
    Shinx Lv. 9
    Zubat Lv. 8

Gonna have to train so I can beat Roark @___@ It's gonna be fun. Not.

Ace: Nice comic!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z84/alderis101/pokemon/1269893749258.png

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^hey Kylie-Chan, didn't think I'd see you around here. And thanks for the praise.
    I can understand when you want to play with a certain Pokemon on Nuzlocke, lol I have a Porygon-Z on my diamond, and Captain Slash, the Scizor on my LG. Its nice for a change of pace because I've played the games so many times.

Oh and Hita, my mankey shown in the previous comic, died. so it killed a diglett (that I needed badly) then died...I feel like I swallowed a double-edged sword XD

And just 1 question....
    Pokemon-LeafGreen00.png

HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO BEAT LT. SURGE?

Last edited:

Scytha

mass effect freak
    Years
  • Just about to start a Diamond Nuzlocke.

Arggg. I'm going away, so I'll have to do this later.

Last edited:
    Years
  • And just 1 question....
    Pokemon-LeafGreen00.png

Use Weepinbell. Electric resistance and Sleep Powder to minimalize Double Team spam. Raticate with Dig could work fine as well. Or just delay battling him until waaaaay later.

As for my own run, I still haven't decided which of Hariyama's moves to delete for Rock Smash. It knows Tackle, Sand-Attack, Vital Throw and Arm Thrust. Suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    And just 1 question....
    Pokemon-LeafGreen00.png

Hmm. Bella there would be a good choice, and Slash for backup.
    As for my own run, I still haven't decided which of Hariyama's moves to delete for Rock Smash. It knows Tackle, Sand-Attack, Vital Throw and Arm Thrust. Suggestions?
    Tackle if you want to increase power (Rock Smash is 40 while Tackle is 35). Sand Attack if you want to keep Tackle for (slightly) more type coverage.

Years
  • Actually Rock Smash only has 20 power in this generation, factoring in STAB that's 20, which is still not exactly much. I guess I'll delete Sand-Attack, since both the Fighting-moves are very situational, and if I delete Tackle, pretty much any random bird will kill me...
    Move deleter is in Lilycove... Could be worse, I think I'll manage to get there in the mid 30s.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • Not a big update, I only ran back to New Bark to get my everstone, then went back to Azalea. I fought a couple of rocket grunts, but my team is the same.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back